Illinois Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Illinois?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Illinois Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Illinois Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Illinois's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Illinois Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Illinois.
Annual county camping and recreational fishing derby
- Area youngsters took part in the Fulton County Camping and Recreational Area fishing derby Saturday ... Rob Hilsabeck of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources introduced the children to a variety of aquatic animals and fish, and even moss.
- Canton Daily Ledger
- 6/30/2015 3:18:21 PM
Constant rain a constant headache for boating, fishing
- That's because rain fell most of Friday in East Central Illinois ... It's not that the fish aren't biting, Vandervort said. "The hard part is getting them here to do it. No one wants to go fishing in the rain," he said. But some — like Henning's Jake ...
- The News-Gazette
- 6/30/2015 6:57:16 AM
Watson: Finding a productive La. fishing hole is easy
- Shreveporter Skip Peel, who fishes the southern end of Toledo regularly, ran a bass fishing event in Illinois a while back and was peppered ... Toledo was a legend and a place they all wanted to fish one day.” Black Lake in Campti is well-known for ...
- Shreveport Times
- 6/29/2015 9:10:17 PM
HILTS: NHF Day Celebrations no longer supported by DEC
- Illinois and his pastor from Grace Bible Church in Newfane, Rev. Dave Emmons. Fishing aboard the White Mule with Capt. Bob Cinelli, Syracuse was quick to the rod for the first release of the morning … but lost the fish before much of a fight could be given
- Niagara Gazette
- 6/28/2015 12:14:36 PM
Free Fishing Weekend Kicks Off Throughout New York State
- Illinois Resident Trevor Jones. You're allowed to fish anybody of water within New York State. And If you didn't make it out Saturday, grab your pole and some bait, the free fishing weekend continues Sunday.
- FOX 40 News WICZ TV
- 6/27/2015 9:31:09 AM
Trout doing OK, not great, in state
- This hilly, unglaciated region also covers nearby sections of Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota ... have restored over 450 miles of stream the past 25 years. Pre-restoration fish counts found 200 to 300 fish per mile of stream, while post-restoration numbers ..
- Green Bay Press-Gazette
- 6/26/2015 6:50:41 PM
Illinois’ Smallest State Park
- We literally caught hundreds of fish. I can’t explain it but this was one of ... The park is a good starting point for fishing the Illinois River and in the fall, waterfowlers who enjoy hunting out of duck boats use the park for launching too.
- 6/26/2015 6:36:22 PM
Good Natured: Snack time for a fishing spider
- but particularly for us here in northern Illinois, where most arachnids are but a fraction of that size. I’ve run into fishing spiders on and off over the years, most frequently when I worked at Red Oak Nature Center in North Aurora. Down by Devil’s ...
- Kane County Chronicle
- 6/26/2015 11:48:21 AM
LaSalle Lake ripe for fishing
- Heck, I even shot a television show there several years ago with the Illinois Outdoor crew. The lake has recently suffered from a depleted forage base, as the extremely warm and dry summer a few years back triggered a fish ... good fishing to be had ...
- Sauk Valley Media
- 6/26/2015 11:19:43 AM
Fishing Report: June 26-28
- pink and white tube jigs, small and medium minnows and meal worms fishing in the bushes and in the main-lake dropoff areas around Gun Creek. From shore, fish near structures ... Department of Conservation and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- 6/26/2015 5:00:19 AM
Run Wild in the Woods, Strawberry Festival, Musky Festival
- If you've always wanted to land Wisconsin's elusive state fish, there's no better place to try than the home of the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum ... See superiorvistas.org. Illinois: Blues Brews and BBQ Festival. Two stages of blues music ...
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- 6/22/2015 10:55:49 AM
Dads have their day at Miller Park
- On Sunday, he and his son, Clayton, were doing what they always do, fishing for catfish. "It's tough to catch anything here," he said. "These fish know what they are ... at Miller Park as families from all over Illinois spent time enjoying Father's Day.
- 6/22/2015 6:38:07 AM
Fishing lessons planned at Leclaire Lake
- The Edwardsville Parks and Recreation Department and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources ... Kids will have an hour and a half to catch as many fish as possible. At 11:45, fishing stops and prizes will be awarded. “The fishing derby has ...
- The Edwardsville Intelligencer
- 6/22/2015 12:54:31 AM
Flooded golf course makes the perfect fishing spot
- If you didn't know any better you'd think this group of people was just fishing in a lake. But if you take a closer look you'll see it's actually a golf course. The Illinois River water ... to a place like this, the fish come in through the shallows ...
- 6/21/2015 4:37:37 AM
At annual Riverfest, families discover wildlife, learn to fish
- Extremely sensitive to pollution and toxins, spotted turtles are disappearing rapidly due to declining water quality across the country, specifically in Illinois and Ohio where ... children and adults the basics of fishing, such as how to bait a hook ...
- MetroWest Daily News
- 6/20/2015 11:58:27 PM
Charles Wayne Sievert
- Wayne’s dad was a pastor of a Lutheran church in Tawas, Michigan, and Wayne graduated from Concordia Teachers College in River Forest, Illinois ... loved to fish and hunt pheasants and grouse. In fact, since he was a teenager he kept a fishing diary ...
- Chippewa Herald
- 6/20/2015 5:39:03 PM
Lifestyle briefs for June 21
- FISHING LESSONS: Edwardsville Parks and Recreation is partnering with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources ... 11:45 a.m. Prizes will be awarded for most fish caught. For more information, call 618-692-7538 or visit www.cityofedwardsville.com.
- 6/19/2015 10:26:34 PM
Homeowners near swollen Illinois River say flooding not as bad as 2013
- PEORIA — As the Illinois River approaches its anticipated ... Thomas said he’s been fishing the flooded waters for years. “The fish, they come up looking for night crawlers in the grass,” he said. His buddy, who was putting bait on the hook ...
- Peoria Journal Star
- 6/19/2015 9:43:37 PM
Fishing clinic starts
- The Illinois Urban Fishing program was introduced in 1985 to teach individuals of all ages to fish, to provide better local fishing opportunities and to give participants a greater appreciation for natural resources. For more information, call the Parks ..
- Mt. Vernon Register-News
- 6/19/2015 6:34:31 AM
Several Southern Illinois lakes have fish consumption advisories
- Fish tissue is tested by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. The findings are then shared as fishing advisories online by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Copies of the current fish advisories are also available wherever fishing licenses
- The Southern
- 6/19/2015 4:54:18 AM
Fishing report for Friday, June 19
- pink and white tube jigs, small and medium minnows and meal worms fishing in the bushes and in the main-lake droppoff areas around Gun Creek. From shore, fish near structures ... Department of Conservation and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- 6/18/2015 10:13:26 PM
Muskie & big crappie, local waters: Fish of the Week
- From public waters in northern Illinois that is a true monster. FOTW, the celebration of big fish and good stories around Chicago fishing, appears Wednesdays on the Sun-Times outdoors page. Send nominations to email@example.com or via Facebook (Dale
- Chicago Sun Times
- 6/18/2015 11:36:21 AM
CI Heroes: Hooked on Fishing
- The mission is to provide the opportunity of free fishing,” Gannaway says. Central Illinois kids, families, veterans, people with special needs come here to fish, and yes, it's free. “It is really important to teach kids about fish, about the life ...
- Central Illinois Proud
- 6/17/2015 10:00:19 PM
Sarley: Vets fish in Crystal Lake
- Visit to www.foxwaterway.state.il.us or call 847-587-8540 Lake Michigan: “Fishing remained very good this past week in the Illinois waters of Lake Michigan. Some big king salmon and lake trout added to the catch, which was mostly Coho salmon. Fish were ...
- Northwest Herald
- 6/17/2015 11:44:42 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Illinois Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Illinois.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.