Indiana Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Indiana?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Indiana Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Indiana Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Indiana's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Indiana Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Indiana.
US Fish and Wildlife Service opposes NWI limestone quarry
- LOWELL, Ind. (AP) - The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service is opposing a proposed limestone quarry in northwestern Indiana, saying it would likely have an adverse effect on the Kankakee River ecosystem. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is ...
- Chesterton Tribune
- 8/31/2015 8:02:44 PM
Northern Indiana Man Hooks Fish With Human-Looking Teeth
- A fish native to South America being caught in Peru isn't unusual — unless it happens in Peru, Indiana. Glen Salyer of the northern Indiana community tells the Kokomo Tribune he caught a fish with human-looking teeth Monday on Mississinewa Lake.
- NBC Chicago
- 8/31/2015 7:19:47 PM
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service opposes Indiana limestone quarry
- The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service is opposing a proposed limestone quarry in northwestern Indiana, saying it would likely have an adverse effect on the Kankakee River ecosystem. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is reviewing a permit ...
- Chicago Tribune
- 8/31/2015 6:33:51 AM
MARTINO: When you're fishing, what are you seeking?
- Upon returning home you feel cleansed. Maybe Thoreau was right, maybe it isn’t fish we are really after. The Indiana Wildlife Federation has awarded a Kokomo resident and Franklin College student the IWF’s Holt Scholarship for her passion and ...
- Kokomo Tribune
- 8/31/2015 1:33:12 AM
Northern Indiana man hooks fish native to South America
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) (WISH Photo, file) PERU, Ind. (AP) – A fish native to South America ..
- 8/30/2015 8:39:42 PM
Amazon fish found in Indiana reservoir
- BUNKER HILL — A fish species native to the Amazon rain forest was discovered at Mississinewa Reservoir Monday, when a local fisherman happened to catch a Red Bellied Pacu, which is very common in South America, during his cat fishing trip. Glenn Salyer ...
- Vincennes Sun Commercial
- 8/29/2015 4:13:03 AM
IDEM Trying To Figure Out What’s Killing Wabash River Fish
- The state is trying to figure out what’s killing fish in northeastern Indiana’s Wabash River. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management took samples from the river this week. Tests came back positive for a species of blue-green algae ...
- Indiana Public Media
- 8/21/2015 7:45:57 PM
State probes fish kill in Wabash River
- DECATUR, Ind. — Indiana health and wildlife officials have taken water samples from the Wabash River in northeastern Indiana in a bid to find out what’s killing fish there. David Cage, on-scene coordinator for the Indiana Department of Environmental ...
- Indianapolis Star
- 8/20/2015 1:13:26 PM
State Probes Fish Kill In Wabash River
- (DECATUR) -- State environmental officials are investigating what killed an undetermined number of fish in a portion of the Wabash River in northeastern Indiana. DECATUR, Ind. (AP) -- State environmental officials are investigating what killed an ...
- 8/20/2015 12:51:58 PM
State probes fish kill in Wabash River in northeast Indiana
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) In this undated handout microscopy photo provided by NOAA Fisheries ..
- 8/20/2015 11:54:42 AM
State probes fish kill in Wabash River in Adams Co.
- (AP) — State environmental officials are investigating what killed an undetermined number of fish in a portion of the Wabash River in northeastern Indiana. Crews with Indiana’s environmental and health agencies took water samples Wednesday from the ...
- 8/20/2015 11:26:04 AM
State probes fish kill in Wabash River in northeast Indiana
- DECATUR, Ind. (AP) — State environmental officials are investigating what killed an undetermined number of fish in a portion of the Wabash River in northeastern Indiana. Crews with Indiana’s environmental and health agencies took water samples ...
- WLFI 18
- 8/20/2015 10:07:19 AM
Six Indiana anglers caught with 676 fish over the limit
- Six licensed anglers from Indiana face nearly $3,400 in restitution and fines of about $1,000 each for being 676 fish over the limit on a Minnesota lake. A Turn In Poachers (TIP) call on July 2 led conservation officers with the Minnesota Department of ...
- Brainerd Dispatch
- 8/17/2015 5:56:10 PM
Alleged Indiana overlimit: 676 fish too many from Upper Cormorant
- Moorhead, Minn. — Six adult anglers from Indiana face charges after conservation officers said they counted 856 crappies and bluegills kept by the adults and six juveniles during a recent trip to a resort on Becker County’s Upper Cormorant Lake, from ...
- Outdoor News
- 8/17/2015 10:03:43 AM
Catfishing Questions (Gear Etc)
- I've read there are places here in Indiana that we can go catch some big flathead so I'm not sure exactly what kind of gear I'll need. (Last week I had on a fish here at reservoir that was large enough that it made my bass pole feel like I was fishing with
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/16/2015 5:50:12 PM
- A few smallmouth were caught last week. — Indiana Department of Natural Resources For more on public fishing areas and access sites across Indiana, go to www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3591.htm.
- 8/16/2015 1:58:09 AM
6 accused of taking hundreds of fish over limit
- DETROIT LAKES, Minn. | Six people from Indiana are facing charges for taking hundreds of fish over the limit allowed on a Minnesota lake. The state Department of Natural Resources says an anonymous tip led investigators to Upper Cormorant Lake in Becker ..
- Sioux City Journal
- 8/13/2015 10:18:37 PM
Bass fishing the Harris Chain of Lakes with the Frog Ninja
- Foley is and Indiana native, but he is no stranger to Florida. “We made a lot of fishing trips to Florida when I was growing up and I always loved to fish here,” said Foley. When the opportunity arose he took advantage of it and moved to Florida ...
- 8/12/2015 10:45:27 AM
Live music at King Fish, The New Vintage & more
- King Fish. 601 West Riverside Dr., Jeffersonville. Thursday, Honkywood. Friday, Muji Fuji. Saturday, Broke By Tuesday. Sunday, Indiana Joe & Arrow. Tuesday, The Mad Taxpayers. Mercury Ballroom. 611 S. Fourth St. Thursday, Big Smo, Haden Carpenter ...
- 8/12/2015 7:10:42 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
- Northern Indiana Guide Service
- Northern Indiana Guide Service covers all of northern Indiana's salmon and Steelhead streams. I was finally able to get my first steelhead on fly.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Indiana Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Indiana.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.