Michigan Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Michigan?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Michigan Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Michigan Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Michigan's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Michigan Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Michigan.
Building a better fish
- Fast forward 30 years, and Preuss Pets is still at the forefront of retail breeders in the area. Perhaps even in Michigan. “I doubt that there’s more than a couple stores that actually breed fish at this magnitude,” Preuss said. Preuss Pets sources ...
- 4/26/2017 6:47:00 PM
‘Hard Work Paid Off’ for Hunter’s Trophy Turkey
- It was a rainy morning here in Michigan and I’d been out for about five hours when I saw him. It’s easy to share your photos with Game & Fish: http://tinyurl.com/gpegmga Check out other reader-shared successes here: http://tinyurl.com/j4ovpe2 I had ...
- 4/26/2017 12:47:00 PM
Add Balance to Early Season Fishing
- "Right now, as ice leaves big lakes and reservoirs, one of the sweetest presentations for shallow water perch and other panfish is a FISKAS Balance dressed with a microsplastic Little Atom Nuggie," says Morse, who lives near Michigan's perch-rich Lake St .
- 4/26/2017 8:02:00 AM
Fishing activity to pick up as multiple seasons open Saturday
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources reminds anyone who fishes to dust off their gear and get ready for the opening of two fishing seasons Saturday, April 29. The statewide trout season and the Lower Peninsula inland walleye, northern pike and ...
- Petoskey News
- 4/25/2017 12:34:00 PM
Kids Fishing Pier Celebration April 29 at Mattawan, Michigan
- The Department of Natural Resources will host a celebratory event Saturday, April 29, at Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery in Mattawan, Michigan, to dedicate a new kids fishing pier. In 2014, the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund awarded a development ...
- 4/25/2017 8:06:00 AM
College Career Rankings Of No. 1 Picks
- 77. Eric Fisher, OT, 2013, Central Michigan/Chiefs. One of the most anonymous No. 1 picks ever, Fisher had a stellar career at Central Michigan, earning first-team All-MAC honors with some All-America nods in his final season. 76. Jeff George, QB ...
- 4/25/2017 6:06:00 AM
Notorious villain likely responsible for fish kill in Lake St. Clair
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources officials have gathered samples of the dead fish and the preliminary investigation points to a highly contagious pathogen known as viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus, or VHSv, as the likely culprit. Further lab ...
- Toledo Blade
- 4/25/2017 4:20:00 AM
Two Fishing Seasons Start Saturday:MDNR
- METRO DETROIT, MI — The Michigan Department of Natural Resources reminds anyone who fishes to dust off their gear and get ready for the opening of two fishing seasons Saturday, April 29. The statewide trout season and the Lower Peninsula inland walleye ...
- 4/25/2017 1:29:00 AM
Multiple fishing seasons set to kick off in Michigan
- Two Michigan fishing seasons involving multiple species open Saturday, April 29 — the statewide trout season and Lower Peninsula inland walleye, northern pike and muskellunge. Anglers are reminded that, in Upper Peninsula waters the walleye, northern ...
- Outdoor News
- 4/24/2017 6:38:00 PM
Free fishing weekend coming in May
- Lake Erie walleye and yellow perch fisheries are managed through an interagency quota system that involves Ontario, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York and Ohio. Each jurisdiction regulates its catches to comply with quotas and minimize the risk of over ...
- The Morrow County Sentinel
- 4/24/2017 6:34:00 PM
Multiple fishing seasons open Saturday
- Even though Michigan offers great fishing opportunities 365 days a year, the thrill of spring fishing is rapidly approaching as anglers get ready to hit the water. Image coutesy Michigan DNR. Even though Michigan offers great fishing opportunities 365 days
- 4/24/2017 5:57:00 PM
Ontario fishing and hunting fines go unpaid
- There was even a time, as recently as the 1980s, when Ontario was spending more on fisheries management than Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota combined. But that changed to the much more precarious state of today, where the fate of most fish and wildlife .
- 4/23/2017 2:26:00 PM
Small fish hard to find as South Elgin Lions plan annual smelt fry
- While the small fish have never come from the nearby Fox River, or from Lake Michigan, where once they were plentiful, the South Elgin Lions Club will be holding its 8th annual rainbow smelt fry Friday evening — and doing its part to keep a Midwest ...
- Chicago Tribune
- 4/22/2017 7:40:00 AM
Outdoors: Fish die-off in Lake St. Clair not surprising
- (Photo: Michigan Department of Natural Resources) If you look at gizzard shad twice, they die. It's no surprise that they're often the first fish to show signs of disease or distress. These delicate silvery fish recently have made headlines for large die .
- Detroit Free Press
- 4/22/2017 5:56:00 AM
Chesaning Area Walleye Fishing Contest set for April 30
- CHESANING — The Chesaning Area Walleye Fishing Contest is set for April 30. Participation is open to any person with a valid Michigan fishing license who has properly completed and signed an official entry form and returned the $10 entry fee.
- Argus Press
- 4/22/2017 5:12:00 AM
2018 Federal Budget
- These funds allowed the village of Shorewood, Wisconsin, to reduce contamination at Atwater Beach by investing in improved sewer systems and the city of Port Huron, Michigan, to restore 5,000 square feet of fish habitat and provide recreation areas for ...
- 4/21/2017 4:45:00 PM
Michigan DNR Investigating Dead Fish at Lake St. Clair
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is investigating several fish mortalities – particularly of gizzard shad – that have been reported by citizens around Lake St. Clair. A number of samples have been collected to determine the cause.
- 4/21/2017 8:57:00 AM
Blade Fishing Report: 4/21
- Irish Hills: This group of southeast Michigan lakes provides some of the best springtime opportunities for bass fishermen and panfish anglers. Crappies are falling victim to small minnows or tiny twister tail rigs, once these fish are located in their ...
- 4/21/2017 4:43:00 AM
The 2013 NFL Draft: Weird, Strange and Confounding
- They took Eric Fisher, valuing his athleticism and upside even though he hadn’t faced top-tier competition at Central Michigan. “It was one of those things where, if you understood to have a degree of patience as an organization, that he would begin to ...
- 4/21/2017 3:05:00 AM
DNR investigating dead fish with bloody patches in Lake St. Clair
- According to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, testing is already underway but there is no definitive way to say that VHSv is the cause at this time. “Right now, we aren’t seeing to many of our other fish species like pan fish, bass or pike ...
- 4/20/2017 11:20:00 PM
Michigan investigates possible fish virus in Lake St. Clair
- Reports of dead fish floating in Lake St. Clair have Michigan's Department of Natural Resources investigating a possible outbreak of viral hemorrhagic septicemia, a virus researchers describe as "very contagious." Symptoms can include bloody patches on the
- 4/20/2017 9:24:00 PM
DNR investigating reports of dead fish on Lake St. Clair
- The Michigan DNR is investigating recent reports of dead fish on Lake St. Clair. The Michigan DNR asks anyone to report anything they might find along those lines, such as the dead gizzard shad shown here. (Michigan DNR) The Michigan Department of Natural
- Outdoor News
- 4/20/2017 7:37:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Michigan Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Michigan.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.