Michigan Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Michigan?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Michigan Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Michigan Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Michigan's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Michigan Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Michigan.
Ehrler will lead the field into the final round of the Bassmaster Classic
- and four-time Classic champion Kevin VanDam of Michigan (36-3). Lefebre, who won the 2009 Toyota Texas Bass Classic on Conroe, said he has stayed in one creek all week and used just one lure on one rod. "I've got 100 spots to fish on this lake, and 25 of .
- Outdoors FIRST
- 3/26/2017 5:10:00 AM
Scientists puzzled by mercury jump in Great Lakes fish
- Detroit Free Press DETROIT — It's not supposed to be like this. Though advisories about toxic mercury in fish have continued in Michigan and the surrounding Great Lakes, with recommendations to limit consumption of certain species to a few times per ...
- USA Today
- 3/25/2017 7:48:00 PM
Scientists puzzled by Mercury's jump in Great Lakes fish
- It's not supposed to be like this. Though advisories about toxic mercury in fish have continued in Michigan and the surrounding Great Lakes, with recommendations to limit consumption of certain species to a few times per month, the amount of mercury found
- WZZM 13
- 3/25/2017 5:58:00 PM
Scientists puzzled by Mercury's jump in Great Lakes fish
- Detroit Free Press An staff member with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Fisheries Division nets musky on Lake St. Clair in a 2009 photo. As the DNR conducts fish surveys, some of the catch are shared with the Department of Environmental ...
- Detroit Free Press
- 3/25/2017 3:24:00 AM
Mercury rising: Scientists puzzled by metal's jump in Great Lakes fish
- An staff member with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Fisheries Division nets musky on Lake St. Clair in a 2009 photo. As the DNR conducts fish surveys, some of the catch are shared with the Department of Environmental Quality for analysis of .
- Detroit Free Press
- 3/24/2017 11:44:00 PM
Michigan rivers ready to give up the fish with warmer temperatures
- It's getting to be river fishing time. With warmer temperatures apparently in the mix for our weather conditions, the open water fishing action, especially on many Michigan rivers, should be ready to heat up. The Cheboygan River in Northern Lower Michigan
- 3/24/2017 4:43:00 PM
Fishing for answers: Here’s how you can help great lakes fisheries
- The app can be used to record information from fishing trips and share that information with Michigan Sea Grant. You can participate by taking the following steps. The survey will be used to help scientists determine how your information will be used.
- Michigan State University
- 3/22/2017 11:54:00 PM
Fishing for coho salmon heating up on Lake Michigan
- As Michigan inches toward spring, anglers may want to plan an outing to target coho salmon in Lake Michigan. This lake’s coho season is open all year but activity really starts to pick up this month. Coho salmon have a pretty consistent migration pattern .
- Ludington Daily News
- 3/22/2017 8:29:00 PM
Detroit revitalization efforts get boost from new funding
- Officials announced Wednesday that the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan is getting $245,000 in funding from the Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Roughly $100,000 from the Fisher Foundation ..
- Connecticut Post
- 3/22/2017 7:46:00 PM
Michigan: Steelhead Classes and More at Wolf Lake Fish Hatchery
- An in-depth steelhead fishing clinic is one of several opportunities to learn about outdoor recreation and natural resources at the Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center this spring. Public also invited to April 29 celebration of new kids' fishing .
- 3/22/2017 5:49:00 AM
Health Officials to Detroiters: Watch What Fish You Eat from the River
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is urging Detroit residents to carefully watch the amount of fish they consume from the Detroit River. A study conducted by the department shows those who ate two meals a month with fish from the river .
- 3/21/2017 4:33:00 PM
Health department event to discuss safe fish consumption
- DETROIT (AP) - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is urging Detroit residents to learn about healthy fish consumption. A Monday afternoon meeting at the Michigan State University Detroit Center will focus on safe fish consumption levels .
- Fox 47 News
- 3/20/2017 12:15:00 PM
Two men drown while fishing on Keeler Lake
- Michigan State Police say two men drowned while fishing on Keeler Lake on Saturday night. Police say they were dispatched just before 7:30 to the lake in Keeler Township. The caller told police two of his friends were fishing on the lake and started ...
- ABC 57 News
- 3/20/2017 6:00:00 AM
First fly fishing expo in Cheyenne
- (KGWN) Spring is in the air and for many in the Rocky Mountain Region that means fishing season. MGN Photo: Fishermen in canoe Emmet County Michigan More than 500 people came out for Cheyenne's first fly fishing expo at Lions Park. Janet Marschner ...
- 3/20/2017 5:59:00 AM
Michigan: Conversations & Coffee with DNR Fisheries
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has announced public forums again will be held throughout the state this year, inviting the public to discuss local and statewide fisheries management activities and concerns. "Conversations & Coffee with DNR ..
- 3/20/2017 5:56:00 AM
4 Excuses for Not Fly Fishing That You Can’t Use Anymore
- If you wish to target other fish, I have you covered, too. These are just ball park numbers. I have hooked almost everything with my 6 weight from bull bluegill to Michigan king salmon.
- 3/17/2017 7:14:00 PM
Show season winding down: Fish & Hook to Ultimate Sports Show
- so I have never been to the Fish & Hook show, but hear many good things about it. I am always in Michigan this weekend and have been often tempted to poke my head in at the Ultimate Sports Show, but have not yet.
- Chicago Sun Times
- 3/17/2017 4:49:00 PM
In Michigan, warm weather doesn’t dampen spirits of ice-fishing experts
- Norm Smith of Lewiston demonstrates proper jigging technique to students at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources’ Hard Water School near Cadillac. (Michigan DNR photo) There are two common sayings that anglers accept as gospel: “You learn by ...
- Outdoor News
- 3/16/2017 7:40:00 PM
Michigan Dam Management Grants Announced
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has approved four Dam Management Grant Program projects totaling $3.35 million. These projects will help remove obsolete structures or repair functioning dams resulting in improved fisheries, aquatic resources .
- 3/16/2017 6:18:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Michigan Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Michigan.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.