Ohio Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Ohio?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Ohio Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Ohio Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Ohio's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Ohio Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Ohio.
Prosperity Social Club's popular Friday fish fry to return
- CLEVELAND, Ohio - Clevelanders know Prosperity Social Club has one of the best fish fries in town. Now the whole world knows. The Old World Tremont bar-restaurant was featured on the Travel Channel's "Delicious Destinations" show in November. The episode .
- Cleveland Plain Dealer
- 2/15/2017 1:17:00 PM
Why You Should Largemouth Bass Fish Lake Okeechobee
- We took out Tina and Todd today. They traveled all the way from Toledo, Ohio to fish the big females that are spawning right now. It has always been a dream to fish for Lake Okeechobee Largemouth and we sure had something for them today. Tina and Todd are
- 2/11/2017 5:14:00 PM
Big fish are a big draw to Boulder Junction's Frozen Tozen
- Proceeds from the breakfast will benefit the club’s trail maintenance efforts. Bertch, a native of Toledo, Ohio, who describes himself as an occasional ice fisherman, moved to Boulder Junction in 2000 after years of vacationing in the area. During most ...
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- 2/10/2017 5:49:00 PM
Recycled Christmas trees give Valley fish new habitat
- Fish in the Valley are getting some new habitats from the help of more than 1,500 recycled Christmas trees. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Wildlife partnered with several Valley organizations to recycle the trees, such as the ODNR ...
- 2/9/2017 1:47:00 PM
Ohio Fishing Maps - 6,800 Maps
- Ohio Fishing Maps includes links to over 6, 800 fishing Lakes, Rivers, and Reservoirs in the State of Ohio. Each fishing location can be searched by name or by selecting a county and reviewing all lakes, rivers, reservoirs, and even wetlands in the area.
- 2/3/2017 12:22:00 AM
With cold finally setting in, time for ice fishing
- But ice fishing in big lakes is far different, though Ohio's large waters do offer a much greater variety of fish than a local pond. The first thing you need to do, and it's vital, is to make sure the ice on your chosen lake is thick and safe. If others ..
- Bucyrus Telegraph Forum
- 1/29/2017 7:28:00 PM
You’ll Never Forget A Trip To This One Of A Kind Fish Market In Ohio
- If you enjoy delicious fresh fish, there’s a unique fish market and cafe you need to visit next time you’re near Wooster, Ohio. At Bay Lobsters Cafe & Fish Market, you’ll find a wide variety of fresh caught fish you can take home to cook in the ...
- 1/26/2017 9:06:00 PM
12 Best Fishing Lakes in Ohio
- Anglers who fish in Ohio have more than 50,000 lakes and small ponds to choose from, and species that vary from crappie, catfish, and northern pike to the prized walleye and perch of Lake Erie. Some lakes stand out for their large populations of fish ...
- 1/26/2017 9:02:00 PM
9 Best Ice Fishing Lakes in Ohio
- One of the best outdoor adventures you will find in Ohio is ice fishing in the winter. Trek with a guide to your shanty on frozen Lake Erie or set your tip-ups for walleye on Atwood Lake, one of the hidden gems in Ohio. The best ice fishing in the state is
- 1/26/2017 8:59:00 PM
New fishing restrictions coming for Pymatuning Reservoir
- As of March 1, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and Ohio Division of Wildlife are limiting the Crappie catch to 20 fish per day and a nine inch minimum size. According to the Ohio Department of Natural resources, Crappies are one of Ohio’s ...
- 1/26/2017 6:58:00 PM
Fish Choice Pantry to provide free help with tax filing
- GREENVILLE — The Fish Choice Pantry is one of 43 organizations across Ohio that will receive funding to support the expansion of their free tax filing services through The Ohio Benefit Bank™. The Ohio Benefit Bank (OBB™) is a program of the Ohio ...
- The Daily Advocate
- 1/26/2017 2:21:00 AM
Ohio Ice Fishermen Drown
- CLEVELAND — The bodies of two men who fell through the ice while ice fishing on Sandy Pond in Oswego, Monday, were recovered following a search by the Coast Guard and first responders from partnering agencies. Shortly after 11 a.m., a watchstander at ...
- 1/25/2017 9:27:00 AM
Clean-up underway after slurry spills into Fish Creek
- It has made its way throughout Fish Creek and into the Ohio River. “They've actually gotten the flow stopped from going into the creek,” Hart said. “DEP will have to follow up in regards to what type of environmental clean-up will have to be done ...
- WTOV 9
- 1/21/2017 3:45:00 AM
Outdoor show whets fishing appetite
- If you’re feeling like you missed out, there are lots of other shows this season. Right now through Saturday there’s the Northeast Ohio Sportsman Show in Millersburg, or catch the Northeast Ohio Fly Fishing Expo in Brecksville on Saturday and Sunday.
- Chronicle Telegram Chronicle
- 1/20/2017 1:26:00 PM
Free Workshop for Youth Fishing Instructor Certification
- COLUMBUS – According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), the Division of Wildlife will host a Passport to Fishing instructors’ workshop on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. The program will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Wildlife ...
- Circleville Herald
- 1/19/2017 1:35:00 PM
On the Water: Stone cold front stalls fishing in the area
- Eric Foote, visiting from Ohio with his sons Branson and Weston, all played tug of war with some hard-fighting tuna recently. They were fishing west of Captiva with Capt. Sean McQuade. King mackerel were found in depths from 35-50 feet as well. Inshore ...
- Captiva Current
- 1/18/2017 6:08:00 PM
Hartman Promoted to Lake Erie Program Administrator
- SANDUSKY, OH –Travis Hartman was recently selected as the Lake Erie fish management program administrator, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR).Hartman has worked as a fisheries biologist for the ODNR Division of Wildlife’s ...
- 1/13/2017 4:45:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Ohio Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Ohio.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.