Indiana Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Indiana?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Indiana Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Indiana Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Indiana's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Indiana Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Indiana.
Outside for a Better Inside Kids Fishing Contest
- Saturday, Sept. 17, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. 2nd & Indiana Sandra J Shaw Park Pond Cost: Free Age limit: All ages Saturday, September 17th Crowns Fishing Club for Kids and Outside for a Better Inside are partnering to present a fun Kids Fishing event for ..
- 9/14/2016 11:59:16 PM
Fish Kill At Prairie Creek In Daviess County
- (PRAIRIE CREEK) - A fish kill at Prairie Creek in Daviess County is being investigated. On Tuesday the Indiana Department of Environmental Management was notified of the kill in a 12 mile stretch of the south fork of the creek. IDEM and the Department of .
- 9/10/2016 9:52:10 AM
Fish kill reported in Prairie Creek
- DAVIESS COUNTY — The Indiana Department of Environmental Management on Tuesday was notified of a fish kill in a 12-mile-stretch of the south fork of Prairie Creek in Daviess County. IDEM and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources investigated and ...
- Greensburg Daily News
- 9/9/2016 2:32:32 PM
Fish kill reported in Prairie Creek
- The Indiana Department of Environmental Management on Tuesday was notified of a fish kill in a 12-mile-stretch of the south fork of Prairie Creek in Daviess County. IDEM and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources investigated and discovered through ..
- Washington Times Herald
- 9/8/2016 4:56:53 PM
White River fishing to be DNR feature
- Anglers can follow online as Indiana Department of Natural Resources “Go FishIN” coordinator Clint Kowalik travels down the White River on a fishing adventure, hitting several public access points from Noblesville through Indianapolis from 9 a.m. to 6 ...
- 9/8/2016 4:46:44 AM
Felony Charges Filed In Fish-Kill Incident
- The paper reports that the charges are related to an incident that took place in June. The paper reports that Indiana Conservation Officers and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management began investigating the fish kill two months ago after state
- 8/31/2016 11:37:05 AM
Reece Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament on Ohio River
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide LAWRENCEBURG, Ind. (Aug. 29, 2016) – Kevin Reece of Elizabeth, Indiana, weighed in three bass totaling 8 pounds, 9 ounces, Sunday to win the FLW Bass Fishing League (BFL) Hoosier Division Super Tournament on the ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/30/2016 12:46:52 AM
Local fishing club seeing success
- This victory qualified both teens to compete in the TBF Regionals, which will be held on the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana on Sept. 24. All three teens are members of The Fenton Tigers Bass Fishing Club.
- 8/19/2016 2:07:20 PM
Bass fishing the Harris Chain with the Frog Ninja
- Foley is an Indiana native, but he is no stranger to Florida. “We made a lot of fishing trips to Florida when I was growing up and I always loved to fish here,” said Foley. When the opportunity arose he took it and moved to Florida permanently.
- 8/13/2016 10:21:12 PM
Fly fishing not the easiest, but still fun
- It wasn’t the way most folks fished in Indiana, but it gave me a leg up when I moved to Montana. A lot of folks out here considered it the only way to fish. I brought my meager fly-fishing skills West when I was 18, switching out the foam spiders for ...
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle
- 8/11/2016 6:10:03 AM
Friday's Jimmy Ross fish fry to benefit IU scholarships
- The Northside Exchange Club will host the Jimmy Ross Memorial Annual Fish Fry Friday at Indiana University Memorial Stadium. Jimmy Ross was an active member and former president of the Exchange Club, and led efforts to diversify the student body ...
- Herald Times
- 8/9/2016 12:35:59 AM
Brainerd Warriors win state high school SAF fishing championship
- The Brainerd Warriors Fishing Team claimed five of the top seven placings at the annual SAF State Championship and all five will move on to the regional tournament in Indiana. According to Brainerd's fishing coach Jason Bahr, the team had opportunities to
- Brainerd Dispatch
- 8/8/2016 8:46:55 PM
Search resumes for teen who fell into creek while fishing
- Crews have resumed a search for a 16-year-old Evansville boy who fell into Pigeon Creek while fishing at Garvin Park. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources issued a news release Sunday morning identifying the missing teen as Maurice Blake Gray.
- The Journal Gazette
- 8/7/2016 10:18:11 AM
Northside Exchange Club to host benefit fish fry
- The Northside Exchange Club is hosting its 48th Annual Jimmy Ross "All you can eat" Fish Fry to raise funds for the Jimmy Ross Endowment Fund for Diversity Initiatives at Indiana University and other local youth projects. It's 4:30-7 p.m. Friday at the ...
- Herald Times
- 8/6/2016 7:41:53 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
- Northern Indiana Guide Service
- Northern Indiana Guide Service covers all of northern Indiana's salmon and Steelhead streams. I was finally able to get my first steelhead on fly.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Indiana Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Indiana.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.