Indiana Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Indiana?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Indiana Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Indiana Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Indiana's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Indiana Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Indiana.
Staying healthy while fishing and swimming
- The Hoosier Environmental Council, which is Indiana’s largest statewide environmental educator and advocate, has provided these steps for our WANE Weather Watchers to keep fishing and trips to the lake safe: “Indiana is blessed with many beautiful ...
- 5/21/2016 1:27:55 AM
Indiana's free fishing days are coming up
- Indiana's free fishing days are on May 21 and June 4-5. Indiana residents don't need a fishing license or a trout/salmon stamp to fish in public waters on these days. PHOTO COURTESY OF FLICKR.COM Even though the first day of free fishing in the state of ..
- Ball State Daily
- 5/20/2016 5:06:50 PM
State program offers free fishing Saturday
- COLUMBUS, Ind. — Indiana residents who are age 18 and older can fish in public waters Saturday without needing a fishing license or a trout stamp as part of the Go FishIN program. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ program offers four Free ...
- The Republic
- 5/20/2016 3:12:18 PM
Rick Bramwell: Recalling past visits key element to fishing
- That prediction saved me from a poor day’s fishing. I hit my southern Indiana woods Sunday afternoon for a last ditch effort to bag a turkey. It was a strange day. The wind was whipping my ground blind with gusts that nearly pulled it off of me.
- The Herald Bulletin
- 5/18/2016 5:59:19 PM
May magic builds, kinda: Chicago fishing
- Variable is as variable is for May, but there are still white bass going in some rivers, hybrids are going at Heidecke and there’s perch signs in Indiana for this sprawling raw-file Midwest Fishing Report. The MFR appears in a condensed form Wednesdays ...
- Chicago Sun Times
- 5/18/2016 4:08:57 AM
Pickett Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament on Lake Monroe
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (May 16, 2016) – James Pickett of Trafalgar, Indiana, weighed four bass totaling 14 pounds, 4 ounces, Saturday to win the Bass Fishing League (BFL) Hoosier Division tournament on Lake Monroe.
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 5/17/2016 1:18:20 AM
Fishing derby scheduled June 4 in Munster
- Registration is at 7:30 a.m.; fishing will be from 8 to noon. The entry fee is $10 per person or $20 per family. All 2016 Indiana fishing regulations apply. Fishing licenses are needed by those required under the state fishing regulations. Those under 18 .
- 5/15/2016 12:19:16 PM
Graham wins Ohio State high school fishing championship
- The win earned the team trophies and the title of state champions and advanced the team to the High School Fishing Central Conference championship on the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, on Sept. 23-24. “We used black and blue jigs most of the day ...
- Urbana Daily Citizen
- 5/11/2016 4:53:03 AM
Jordans win high school bass fishing contest
- That was enough to secure a state championship and qualify for the High School Fishing Central Conference championship that will be contested on the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, on Sept. 23-24. “We used black and blue jigs most of the day ...
- Dayton Daily News
- 5/10/2016 7:41:51 PM
Fishing report: Trout action mostly good, with other fish mixed in
- Suspending jerkbaits are also taking some fish. • Blue Spruce Lake in Indiana County is giving up trout, too. Powerbait is taking fish, along with worms to a lesser degree. • Minnows are the bait of choice lately for catching brook trout at Harbar ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 5/5/2016 6:36:12 PM
Hoosier National Forest Hosts Free Kids Fishing Derby
- Other event sponsors include Bass Pro Shops, National Wild Turkey Federation, Indiana Department of Natural Resources, and the Boy Scouts. "With the help of these partners, we are able to host a great event that gets kids excited about fishing," said Scott
- 4/20/2016 11:01:33 AM
DNR seeks input on fish, hunt, trap regulations
- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of Fish & Wildlife wants to hear Hoosiers' ideas on fishing, hunting, trapping and other fish-and-wildlife-related regulations in Indiana, including special permits. Until May 15, the public can use a ..
- Herald Tribune
- 4/19/2016 6:55:11 PM
Outdoors: Weather should warm up area fishing
- The fish are definitely in Indiana water. Lake Michigan biologist Brian Breidert said another 300 steelhead passed through the South Bend ladder from April 6-13, bringing the total of fish between Twin Branch and South Bend to 5,276 fish since Jan. 1.
- South Bend Tribune
- 4/15/2016 5:59:40 AM
Learn how to fish with DNR workshops
- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources is offering free one-day workshops to teach families how to fish through the agency’s GoFishIN program. Workshops are offered on the state’s four Free Fishing Days, the first of which will be Saturday.
- The Republic
- 4/14/2016 7:19:36 AM
Muskegon River salmon fishing
- streams and quarries of southern Branch and Hillsdale counties as well as northern Ohio and Indiana. They have the right gear and skills for fishing in this area but they decided to expand enjoyment of their sport to Lake Michigan and its tributaries.
- 4/13/2016 7:23:46 PM
Go Guide: Fashion, fishing, food and more
- Parental supervision is required. Hook a Kid on Fishing is taking place on a free fishing day for the state. Indiana residents do not need a fishing license or a trout/salmon stamp to fish the state's public waters. Typically, only youth (age 17 and ...
- 4/13/2016 3:49:01 PM
Free workshops set to teach families how to fish
- Free one-day workshops that will teach families how to fish will be offered by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources' Go FishIN program again this year. The workshops will run on the state's four Free Fishing Days, the first of which is this Saturday
- Hendricks County Flyer
- 4/13/2016 10:26:54 AM
Saturday marks first of 4 Free Fishing Days this year in Indiana
- Saturday is the Indiana Department of Natural Resource's first of four Free Fishing Days in 2016. This year's Free Fishing Days include April 16, May 21, June 4 and June 5. WATCH: Actor Chris Pratt teaches son how to fish in adorable Instagram video On ...
- WTHR Indian's News Leader
- 4/13/2016 7:49:25 AM
Family fishing forum set at Muscatatuck
- The refuge will provide all equipment and materials, but participants may bring their own equipment if they desire. No license is required for the event since Saturday is an Indiana free fishing day.
- 4/12/2016 10:06:37 AM
Free Workshops Will Teach Families How To Fish
- The workshops will run on the state's four Free Fishing Days, the first of which is this Saturday, April 16. On these special days, Indiana residents who are age 18 and older can fish public waters without needing a fishing license or a trout stamp.
- 4/12/2016 7:21:58 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
- Northern Indiana Guide Service
- Northern Indiana Guide Service covers all of northern Indiana's salmon and Steelhead streams. I was finally able to get my first steelhead on fly.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Indiana Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Indiana.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.