Indiana Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Indiana?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Indiana Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Indiana Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Indiana's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Indiana Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Indiana.
Local fishing club seeing success
- This victory qualified both teens to compete in the TBF Regionals, which will be held on the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana on Sept. 24. All three teens are members of The Fenton Tigers Bass Fishing Club.
- 8/19/2016 2:07:20 PM
Bass fishing the Harris Chain with the Frog Ninja
- Foley is an Indiana native, but he is no stranger to Florida. “We made a lot of fishing trips to Florida when I was growing up and I always loved to fish here,” said Foley. When the opportunity arose he took it and moved to Florida permanently.
- 8/13/2016 10:21:12 PM
Fly fishing not the easiest, but still fun
- It wasn’t the way most folks fished in Indiana, but it gave me a leg up when I moved to Montana. A lot of folks out here considered it the only way to fish. I brought my meager fly-fishing skills West when I was 18, switching out the foam spiders for ...
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle
- 8/11/2016 6:10:03 AM
Friday's Jimmy Ross fish fry to benefit IU scholarships
- The Northside Exchange Club will host the Jimmy Ross Memorial Annual Fish Fry Friday at Indiana University Memorial Stadium. Jimmy Ross was an active member and former president of the Exchange Club, and led efforts to diversify the student body ...
- Herald Times
- 8/9/2016 12:35:59 AM
Brainerd Warriors win state high school SAF fishing championship
- The Brainerd Warriors Fishing Team claimed five of the top seven placings at the annual SAF State Championship and all five will move on to the regional tournament in Indiana. According to Brainerd's fishing coach Jason Bahr, the team had opportunities to
- Brainerd Dispatch
- 8/8/2016 8:46:55 PM
Search resumes for teen who fell into creek while fishing
- Crews have resumed a search for a 16-year-old Evansville boy who fell into Pigeon Creek while fishing at Garvin Park. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources issued a news release Sunday morning identifying the missing teen as Maurice Blake Gray.
- The Journal Gazette
- 8/7/2016 10:18:11 AM
Northside Exchange Club to host benefit fish fry
- The Northside Exchange Club is hosting its 48th Annual Jimmy Ross "All you can eat" Fish Fry to raise funds for the Jimmy Ross Endowment Fund for Diversity Initiatives at Indiana University and other local youth projects. It's 4:30-7 p.m. Friday at the ...
- Herald Times
- 8/6/2016 7:41:53 AM
Wilkinson Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament on Ohio River
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide CANNELTON, Ind. (Aug. 1, 2016) – Chris Wilkinson of Farmersburg, Indiana, weighed a five-bass limit totaling 12 pounds, 9 ounces, Saturday to win the Bass Fishing League (BFL) Hoosier Division tournament on the ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/1/2016 11:25:33 PM
Arson Investigation at Glendale Fish and Wildlife Area
- Indiana Conservation Officers and the Indiana State Fire Marshals Office are investigating an arson fire that occurred on Glendale Fish and Wildlife Property in Daviess County. Three boats and a shed that housed the boats were destroyed in the fire.
- My Wabash Valley
- 8/1/2016 6:17:44 PM
Teen catches state record fish in Noble County
- Jaxton Orr caught the gar on a rod and reel using cut baits according to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Photo of the record spotted gar caught by Jaxton Orr provided by Indiana Department of Natural Resources Officially, Orr’s fish was 34.7 .
- 8/1/2016 2:21:31 PM
Arson investigation at Glendale Fish and Wildlife Area
- GLENDALE - Indiana Conservation Officers and the Indiana State Fire Marshals Office are investigating an arson fire that occurred on Glendale Fish and Wildlife Property in Daviess County Sunday afternoon. Three boats and a shed that housed the boats were .
- Washington Times Herald
- 8/1/2016 12:12:40 PM
Spotted Gar Record Fishing Record Broken By 13-Year-Old
- (FORT WAYNE) - Jaxton Orr, a 13-year-old who lives in Fort Wayne, broke the Indiana size record for spotted gar Thursday night while fishing on Big Lake in Noble County. The size of Indiana state fish records are determined by weight. The record fish ...
- 7/31/2016 10:47:57 AM
Outdoors: Want bluegill? Try Fish Lake
- Late spring and summertime lake surveys are a big part of the job for fish managers, and Indiana DNR district biologist Tom Bacula is no exception. He and his assistant have spent a lot of time on area lakes doing routine assessments of fish populations.
- South Bend Tribune
- 7/31/2016 5:54:28 AM
Hundreds of dead fish wash up in Greensburg lake
- The water reportedly isn't toxic, but was emitting a foul odor. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management was investigating the fish kill and released the following statement: “The Indiana Department of Environmental Management’s (IDEM ...
- RTV 6 ABC
- 7/29/2016 10:24:41 PM
Wheeler Seeks To Make History On Namesake Lake
- He said that growing up in Indiana, where bass are generally few in number and smallish in size, is a big part of the reason that he's excelled in FLW's premier derby. "Fishing the BFL's and whatnot back home in Indiana, if you catch five you're going to .
- 7/29/2016 3:55:09 AM
The newest weapon in the Asian carp battle: Alligator fish
- In May, a coalition of federal, state, and local officials, companies, and nonprofits completed the first-ever fish wall in Indiana. The 7.5-foot earthen wall separates rivers that Asian carp may traverse from a watershed that biologists called "a back ...
- The Christian Science Monitor
- 7/28/2016 11:58:55 PM
Removal of failed dam in Little River will benefit fish, recreational users
- The city has been awarded a 2016 Indiana Lake and River Enhancement grant from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources Division of Fish and Wildlife. The 80-20 matching grant will provide up to $80,000 in state funds from boat registration fees ...
- The Huntington County TAB
- 7/28/2016 7:31:05 AM
Believe it or not, Lake Michigan is a good place for fishing on the fly
- Fly fishing Indiana’s Lake Michigan coast for smallmouth bass is an adventure every serious bronzeback angler should experience. Indiana is home to about 40 miles of smallmouth rich lakeshore between the Illinois border and Michigan City. There is ...
- Daily Journal
- 7/23/2016 6:11:07 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
- Northern Indiana Guide Service
- Northern Indiana Guide Service covers all of northern Indiana's salmon and Steelhead streams. I was finally able to get my first steelhead on fly.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Indiana Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Indiana.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.