Massachusetts Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Massachusetts?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Massachusetts Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Massachusetts Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Massachusetts's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Massachusetts Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Massachusetts.
Scientists figure out how to fish with invisible and painless robots
- Reported by the Nature Communications Journal on 1 February 2017, researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the US, created a transparent, gel-based robot which can capture and let go of live fish. The robots are made of hydrogel ...
- 2/20/2017 11:07:00 AM
Smart Reforms Key to Global Fish Recovery, Even with Climate Change
- Massachusetts. “Climate change is going to have a dramatic impact on many global fish populations and the people who rely on them,” said Christopher Costello, co-author and Professor of Environmental and Resource Economics at UC Santa Barbara.
- Press Release Point
- 2/19/2017 6:41:00 AM
Smart reforms key to global fish recovery, even with climate change
- Massachusetts. "Climate change is going to have a dramatic impact on many global fish populations and the people who rely on them," said Christopher Costello, co-author and Professor of Environmental and Resource Economics at UC Santa Barbara.
- 2/18/2017 11:32:00 PM
New Boat Club Opens on Lake Champlain
- Before that he served as the editor of Northeast Boating from 2005 to 2009, and as managing editor of Salt Water Sportsman magazine from 1995 to 2004. He lives, boats and fishes in southeastern Massachusetts with his wife and three kids.
- 2/15/2017 2:50:00 PM
US Navy funds MIT robotic JELLYFISH that can catch fish
- Engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have created a swimming robot out of gel that can capture a live fish in its ‘tentacles’. The robot, which looks remarkably similar to a jellyfish and was partly funded by the US Office of Naval ...
- The Marshall Town
- 2/10/2017 7:07:00 PM
Tip Up Hook Keeper Takes the Tangles Out of Ice Gear
- Marc Folco, an outdoor writer from Massachusetts, has created – and now manufactures – a unique piece of ice fishing equipment that eliminates those time-consuming tangles and the resulting frozen fingers. It's the Original TUHK – Tip Up Hook Keeper ...
- 2/10/2017 7:43:00 AM
U.S. residents fined $2K for over fishing
- Two United States residents have been fined a total of $2,000 for fishing offences. Steven Cody of Hudson, Wisconsin, and James Kerr of Boston, Massachusetts, pleaded guilty and were each fined $1,000 for having an over-limit of walleye. Court heard that .
- 2/8/2017 1:10:00 PM
Fish On! Library hosts speaker series
- They’ve made many connections locally on the North Shore of Massachusetts and all over New England. For more information, visit http://www.whyknotfishing.com -- 7 p.m., Feb. 14: “Wicked Chunking: Surf Edition.” Chunking is smelly, messy and ...
- 2/6/2017 6:07:00 AM
Watch: Gel-based robots that can catch and release live fish
- The robot was built by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Scientists have designed new transparent, gel-based robots that can perform a number of fast, forceful tasks, including kicking a ball underwater and grabbing and releasing a live fish
- Daily News and Analysis
- 2/4/2017 3:10:00 PM
Utah's Fish Culture on Wild About Utah
- It’s not surprising, then, that Rockwood, an East Coast transplant from Massachusetts, would bring to Utah many of the fish he had caught back home. Rivers and lakes were laboratories, not ecosystems, and in the end, if a fish survived, Rockwood believed .
- Utah Public Radio
- 2/4/2017 1:46:00 AM
These Hydrogel Robots Can Catch and Release Fish Without Harming Them
- Engineers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed fast acting hydrogel robots. They work by injecting water through their hollow 3D printed structures. The robots are fast and strong enough to catch and release fish. See the robots in
- 2/2/2017 7:01:00 PM
VIDEO: This gel-based robot is fast enough to catch a live fish
- Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a new, gel-based type of underwater robot that can kick a ball underwater, catch and release a live fish and perform other high-energy tasks, according to a new Nature ...
- 2/2/2017 6:51:00 PM
Watch an invisible robot claw grab an unsuspecting fish
- This makes it nearly undetectable to those around it, as the engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who created it proved with a video that showed it stealthily grabbing a fish. The finished product is incredibly soft and squishy so it can
- Irish News
- 2/2/2017 4:18:00 PM
MIT Builds Invisible Fish Grabbing Robot
- Engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a robot entirely made of hydrogel that is able to perform a number of tasks, including kicking a ball underwater and grabbing and releasing a live fish. "Conventional hydrogels are
- 2/2/2017 1:04:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Massachusetts Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Massachusetts.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.