New Jersey Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in New Jersey?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
New Jersey Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to New Jersey Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of New Jersey's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
New Jersey Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in New Jersey.
Love it or hate it, gefilte fish is here to stay
- Yoskowitz, from Basking Ridge, New Jersey, grew up with lots more love for gefilte fish. It was made by his grandmother, then she stopped and his family relied on a local shop, he said. "But I didn't like the horseradish. It was usually the beet ...
- San Francisco Chronicle
- 9/26/2016 6:37:14 PM
Atlantic Cod and Pollock Fishing
- It seems fish migrating down from the George’s Bank area repopulated the historic haunts off New Jersey, where both species have become viable targets once again. These known wreck dwellers settle inside and around shipwrecks and related debris 15 to ...
- 9/23/2016 4:10:28 PM
Algae forces New Jersey officials to issue no fishing ban in reservoir
- Officials from the Manasquan Reservoir advised people on Tuesday to avoid eating don't eat fish from the water and it's all thanks to the presence of a toxic algae bloom. Commonly known as "blue-green algae," a Facebook post from the reservoir said ...
- 9/21/2016 4:19:59 PM
Old Ship Left To Sink Off Jersey Shore To Boost Fishing Business
- “Most of the coastline off New Jersey is flat, sandy bottom with not much features for fish. So we create these artificial reefs to create structure, habitat, and productivity,” Brandon Muffley of the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Administration told ...
- CBS New York
- 9/21/2016 7:15:58 AM
FDA suspends registration of New York’s SM Fish Corp.
- Consumers with any un-expired ready-to-eat food products manufactured by SM Fish should not eat these products, which were sold at the company’s seven retail outlets located in New York and New Jersey, and instead throw these products away. This is an ...
- 9/19/2016 8:08:26 AM
FDA Suspends Food Facility Registration of SM Fish Corp.
- monocytogenes (Listeria). Consumers with any un-expired RTE food products manufactured by SM Fish should not eat these products, which were sold at the company’s seven retail outlets located in New York and New Jersey, and instead throw these products away
- 9/16/2016 4:25:55 PM
What You Need to Know About Mercury in Fish
- Another study found that one-third of fish caught on the New Jersey shore had mercury levels higher than 0.5 parts per million, a level that could cause health problems for people who eat this fish regularly. Overall, larger and longer-lived fish tend to .
- 9/16/2016 9:37:54 AM
SM Fish Corp Recalls Ossie's Ready To Eat Salads Over Listeria Concern
- UPC 73988570550 Packed in plastic deli containers with a UPC Code and "Best By" date codes of 8/21/16 through 10/18/16, the above-mentioned ready-to-eat salads were sold at SM Fish Corp.'s seven retail outlets located in New York and New Jersey between ...
- Realtime Business News
- 9/16/2016 7:07:34 AM
Oceana launches fishing tracker with help from Leonardo DiCaprio
- Oceana buys the satellite data from ORBCOMM, a telecommunications company based in New Jersey. They tap data from 17 It’s the ORBCOMM's OG2 commercial satellite network, launched in recent years on SpaceX Falcon 9 rockets. Global Fishing Watch can't ...
- FLORIDA TODAY
- 9/14/2016 8:17:21 PM
LETTER: Sierra Club sells fish story about fish kills
- The Sept. 2 letter from the Sierra Club of New Jersey “Fish kills result of Christie failed policies” was not only beyond absurd, but yet another shining example of how its author, director Jeff Tittel, can’t resist political science when actual ...
- Asbury Park Press
- 9/9/2016 3:08:19 PM
Fishing fun continues with fall angler expos
- For more info, phone (631)345-5200, extension 209. While we’re talking surf anglers, a big salute to the Brigantine Women’s Surf Fishing Club of New Jersey, which is hosting its 32nd annual tournament on Sept. 17. There are categories for women ...
- New York Daily News
- 9/9/2016 12:42:10 AM
Dispute over marlin could net NJ fishing crew $2.3 Mil
- Dispute over marlin could net NJ fishing crew $2.3 Mil A dispute over how a white marlin was caught could end up netting three New Jersey anglers over $2.3 million. Check out this story on app.com: http://on.app.com/2c5mZo0
- Asbury Park Press
- 9/6/2016 8:41:10 PM
Dispute over marlin could net NJ fishing crew $2.3M
- Dispute over marlin could net NJ fishing crew $2.3M A dispute over how a white marlin was caught could end up netting three New Jersey anglers $2.3 million. Check out this story on app.com: http://on.app.com/2c5mZo0
- Asbury Park Press
- 9/5/2016 11:55:37 PM
Hermine didn't stop all the weekend fishing: Shep on Fishing
- Thursday - Sept. 1 - also was the day the New Jersey striped bass bonus tag program went into play. You can obtain a registry at the New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife website. The registration allows for one fish at 24 inches minimum to less than 28 .
- Press of Atlantic City
- 9/5/2016 9:53:56 PM
Pork roll beer one of 3 new brews from Flying Fish
- The most hackneyed joke in New Jersey is “Which Exit?’’ but the state’s largest craft brewer long since turned that old chestnut into one of the most-anticipated moments in the regional craft beer conversation. When you ask Flying Fish – founded ...
- Asbury Park Press
- 9/1/2016 10:27:18 PM
Flying Fish Brewing Celebrates 20 Years with Pork Roll Beer
- New Jersey’s Flying Fish Brewing Co. is celebrating its 20th anniversary with three new Exit Series beers. A ceremonial tapping occurred the afternoon and Exit 5, a Sour Forage beer; Exit 17 and Imperial Pilsner and Exit 7, Pork Roll Porter were all ...
- Philadelphia Magazine
- 9/1/2016 4:36:33 PM
Heat Wave Blamed For Massive Oyster, Fish Kill In Mamaroneck Harbor
- "In recent weeks a number of fish kills of Menhaden have been reported in Long Island and New Jersey." On Tuesday evening, Megan McCarthy, a Daily Voice community advisor and local Coldwell Banker agent, shot beachfront photographs of the devastation.
- Daily Voice Mamaroneck Larchmont
- 8/30/2016 11:55:35 PM
What do you do with 20,000 dead fish? It was all hands on deck in Shore town
- Bunker is a nickname for menhaden. Bob Considine, the DEP's director of communications, said the menhaden population off New Jersey appears to be exceptionally large this year. He said the department had tested samples of the dead fish and "none appear ...
- Philadelphia Daily News
- 8/30/2016 8:20:50 PM
New Jersey Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
New Jersey Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in New Jersey.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.