New Jersey Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in New Jersey?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
New Jersey Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to New Jersey Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of New Jersey's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
New Jersey Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in New Jersey.
Despite rain, fall fishing outstanding
- So what was the excitement of the surf fishing? It is my favorite form of fishing and I’ve worked the surf over the decades from Long Island to New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware, finally to the central North Carolina coast. Over a five-day period fishing .
- 9/30/2015 7:24:10 AM
Flying Fish's Next Exit? Collingswood!
- The coffee IPA is the 10th in the Flying Fish 'Exit Series' of craft beers, all of which tie into New Jersey geography and history.All of the exit series are based on industry that once existed in those locales, says Revolution Coffee Roasters co-owner ...
- Courier Post
- 9/29/2015 5:26:39 PM
Fishing: Trout bounty scheduled for local waters
- Plus, the waters being stocked are some of the best trout-fishing spots in New Jersey, so this could be an opportunity for one more road trip to a place you haven’t fished before. You can find the entire fall trout-stocking schedule by logging on to ...
- North Jersey
- 9/24/2015 1:19:03 AM
Fiocchi Urges Fishing Industry to Apply for NOAA Grants
- People who earn a living or enjoy fishing may have a project that benefits not only New Jersey, but fisheries throughout the country.” The application deadline is Nov. 2. Forty grants will be awarded, ranging from $50,000 to $250,000. Citizens of the U.S .
- Cape May County Herald
- 9/18/2015 3:35:01 AM
Tim Palmieri Guests With Pink Talking Fish At Souper Groove 4
- Over Labor Day weekend Phish/Pink Floyd/Talking Heads tribute act Pink Talking Fish played the Souper Groove Festival in Freehold, New Jersey; where they were joined by a very special guest for a stellar segment of the set.
- Jam Base
- 9/15/2015 4:17:21 PM
Variety of fish still appearing on Atlantic Coast
- Chris McNichol of Media had a 22 incher while fishing in Townsend’s Inlet. By now you have heard that there will be drastic reductions in the summer flounder take in New Jersey next year because, according to the regulators, the flounder population is ...
- The Mercury
- 9/5/2015 4:29:13 PM
Fish Oil Case Threatens FDA's Drug Safety Oversight, Docs Say
- A New Jersey pharmaceutical company has taken the US Food and Drug Administration to court for refusing to let it advertise its prescription fish oil supplement for an indication not approved by the FDA. At issue is whether the FDA is violating Amarin ...
- HCP live
- 9/4/2015 7:36:31 PM
City thinks Staten Island fish smell came from New Jersey chemical plant
- CITY HALL -- The mysterious odor that permeated Staten Island on Friday morning likely originated in New Jersey. While the specific source is still unknown, city officials think the fishy smell came from a petrochemical plant in the Garden State.
- Staten Island Advance
- 8/31/2015 7:34:06 PM
Toothy Fish-Proofing A Weightless Texas Rigged Senko
- Sorry for writing a book here, but if you are an experienced angler, please read: I have been doing a lot of catch/release bass fishing this summer in New Jersey. I have been shore and wading fishing in ponds, lakes, streams and rivers with a lot of ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/28/2015 9:07:44 AM
Sunken Fishing Boat El Jefe Located After Search Off Sandy Hook
- SANDY HOOK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — New Jersey State Police said they’ve located the 40-foot fishing boat that sank in the Sandy Hook Channel on Tuesday. The vessel was found just before 9 a.m. Wednesday closer to the beach near Buoy 14 using side scan ...
- CBS New York
- 8/27/2015 10:49:08 AM
New Jersey Police Find Sunken Fishing Boat, but Captain Remains Missing
- Investigators found a sunken fishing boat off New Jersey on Wednesday after it was seen taking on water the day before, the authorities said. The New Jersey State Police located the 40-foot steel trawler, known as El Jefe, after witnesses reported watching
- New York Times
- 8/27/2015 2:35:12 AM
Fishing boat sinks near Sandy Hook
- A Coast Guard spokesman told the station the vessel is believed to be a fishing trawler. The Coast Guard, the NYPD Special Operations Unit, the FDNY, the New Jersey State Police and the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office all assisted in the search.
- 8/26/2015 2:46:32 PM
Witness says he tried to help sinking fishing boat
- New Jersey State Police are expected to resume recovery efforts on Thursday for a sunken fishing boat off the coast of Sandy Hook. The fishing vessel, "El Jefe," was reported missing Tuesday after witnesses say they saw the boat flip over. Officials ...
- News 12 New Jersey
- 8/26/2015 11:04:38 AM
Sunken vessel off Sandy Hook in search for missing fishing trawler
- Authorities searching for a fishing trawler lost off Sandy Hook have located a sunken vessel in the channel on Wednesday, New Jersey state police said. The 40-foot El Jefe took on water about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and sank a couple of miles north of the tip of
- New York Post
- 8/26/2015 10:21:41 AM
Coast Guard launches search for sunken fishing boat in Sandy Hook Channel
- STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The U.S. Coast Guard and other agencies were searching for a fishing boat that reportedly capsized off the coast of New Jersey on Tuesday evening, authorities said. A witness notified the Coast Guard Sector New York command center ..
- Staten Island Advance
- 8/25/2015 8:45:38 PM
10 things to know about fishing with kids
- Liz Jackson, who coordinates the HOFNOD program through New Jersey’s Department of Environmental Protection, said she grew up in Harlem and her parents sent her to sleep-over camp where fishing was part of the routine. “This is more than just fishing.
- Courier Post
- 8/21/2015 3:35:25 PM
Fishing: As summer winds down, plan a road trip
- In New Jersey, there are plenty of places that fill that bill. Start by logging on to state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/. There you’ll find a list of all the state parks just chock-full of fishing challenges. Follow the link that allows you to choose the ...
- North Jersey
- 8/20/2015 1:10:27 AM
Outdoors: Joan Wulff blazes trail for women in fly fishing
- She started her fly fishing career at age 10 near her New Jersey home after she finally convinced her father that, as she said, "girls could fish." She also became involved with competitive fly-casting at the same age. Joan's initial notoriety came from ..
- Times Union
- 8/14/2015 6:32:32 AM
New Jersey Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
New Jersey Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in New Jersey.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.