Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
PFD's Required in Pennsylvania Waters For Small Boats Starting Nov. 1
- HARRISBURG, Pa.– When sunny days and fall foliage tempt the boater in you, don't forget about your life jacket, especially if you are planning to use a canoe, kayak or similar small boat. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) is reminding ...
- 10/21/2016 7:30:29 AM
Swedish Fish is Pa.'s favorite Halloween candy? You've got to be kidding
- But the state by state list of favorites has to have you scratching your head. Consider Pennsylvania, home of Hershey's Chocolate, the makers of said Reese's Peanut Cup. Influenster says Swedish Fish, a confection made in Canada by a global comglomerate ..
- Philadelphia Daily News
- 10/20/2016 5:47:17 PM
Benninghoff event will provide the latest hunting and fishing news
- The update will give sportsmen and women the opportunity to hear the “latest hunting and fishing news directly from Pennsylvania state agencies,” according to a news release. The Pennsylvania Game Commission, Fish and Boat Commission and Department of ...
- Centre Daily
- 10/19/2016 1:06:19 AM
Survey finds Swedish Fish are favorite Halloween candy in PA
- (WHTM) – It won’t be long before children and adults alike end up in a candy-induced stupor, but people in Pennsylvania love a Swedish Fish sugar-high most of all, according to a national survey. Influenster.com, a product review website, polled more ...
- 10/18/2016 6:03:59 PM
The Fishing Line Oct. 26
- Hand’s Too Bait and Tackle sent in news of a nice catch made recently. On Saturday, Don Miller from Warminster, Pennsylvania was fishing in the local surf. He had some bunker chunks out and it paid off. He came back to the shop with a 50.5 inch ...
- Cape May County Herald
- 10/18/2016 8:59:57 AM
Small number of fish died in Millersburg oil spill: Fish & Boat Commission
- A "small number" of fish died in an oil spill reported by a Millersburg business Monday morning. Eric Levis, Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission spokesman, said none of the 800 gallons of low-viscosity machine oil that leaked out of Alvord-Polk Inc ...
- Central Pennsylvania
- 10/17/2016 2:44:44 PM
Outdoors notebook: Slow recovery for Dunkard Creek fish
- Last week, at a public meeting in Greene County, state Fish and Boat Commission staff said smallmouths were thriving and muskellunge, walleye and sauger were rebounding in the stream that experienced one of Pennsylvania’s most serious fish kills.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- 10/16/2016 11:54:07 AM
Dunkard Creek recovers from 2009 fish kill
- That uneven recovery of ecologically important species is a sign that water quality problems remain in what was one of Western Pennsylvania’s most species-diverse creeks, said Rick Lorson, the commission’s area fisheries manager. “The smallmouth bass ...
- POWER SOURCE
- 10/15/2016 4:17:10 AM
Penn Hills minister seeks support for inner-city youth fishing program
- Simon said there have been no fishing programs in Pittsburgh since 1990. Eric Levis, press secretary for the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, didn't have information readily available on the last time a fishing program took place in the city ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 10/14/2016 8:53:22 PM
Fish salvage saves 'thousands' of fish
- Bill Sabatose of Brockport said their work saved thousands of fish. He explained the situation that developed with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission’s fish salvage at the lake, which has been drained for the planned Kyle Lake Dam reconstruction ...
- 10/14/2016 1:29:33 PM
Thousands of fish salvaged from Jefferson County lake
- FALLS CREEK - The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission rescued thousands of fish from a lake in Jefferson County Thursday. PFBC has been draining Kyle Lake since September in order to repair the unsafe dam. Before any work can be done, PFBC biologists had
- WJAC TV
- 10/13/2016 9:51:49 PM
Fish salvage delayed
- “The weekend rains brought the lake up, so it’s taking an additional day to drain it,” said Jason Detar, fisheries biologist with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. He said the approximately 20 people who were on hand to help with the fish ...
- 10/13/2016 11:57:41 AM
Pennsylvania: Susquehanna Smallmouth Bass Benefit Project
- HARRISBURG, Pa.– The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) today showcased its inaugural "S.O.S. - Save our Susquehanna!" project, a series of habitat improvements on Limestone Run in rural Montour and Northumberland counties designed to aid the ...
- 10/11/2016 7:06:33 AM
Value of Fish Oil Supplements Questioned
- Now, a new study from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, published online this month ahead of the print issue in the Journal of Lipid Research, questions the relevance of fish oil-derived SPMs and their purported anti ...
- 10/8/2016 10:04:54 PM
Today’s most successful fish weren’t always evolutionary standouts
- Credit: University of Pennsylvania Take a glance around the oceans, rivers and lakes of today and you’ll confront an astonishing diversity of fish, from narrow-bodied eels to the 25-foot-long giant oarfish to delicate, fluttering seahorses. The vast ...
- 10/7/2016 3:25:13 PM
Official: Dunkard Creek recovery of fish 'slow, but happening'
- “We’re very excited to see the recovery happen. It’s slow, but its happening,” said Chris Urban, The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission’s non-game and endangered species coordinator and natural diversity section chief. Urban helped lead the ...
- Herald Standard
- 10/7/2016 1:56:20 AM
Pennsylvania: License Discount and Fishing Package Giveaway
- HARRISBURG, Pa.– As part of its "Fall into Fishing!" campaign, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) has partnered with FishUSA and Simms to sponsor a fishing package giveaway during the fall months. The grand prize for this unique giveaway ...
- 10/6/2016 8:59:52 AM
Today's most successful fish weren't always evolutionary standouts
- Image courtesy University of Pennsylvania. For a larger version of this image please go here. Take a glance around the oceans, rivers and lakes of today and you'll confront an astonishing diversity of fish, from narrow-bodied eels to the 25-foot-long giant
- Space Daily
- 10/6/2016 6:51:01 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.