Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
Fish and Boat Commission's actions affect local sportsmen
- Typically, when the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commissioners meet for a quarterly meeting, you can bet not much happens that affects Beaver County sportsmen. Oh, there are statewide regulations that do, but as far as specific waters and access, the ...
- Ellwood City Ledger
- 10/8/2015 10:56:35 AM
Looking for solitude? Try fly-fishing
- “We also get people from everywhere — not just Pennsylvania – coming to our area to fly fish. This is a destination location.” Steve Sywensky, the owner of Flyfisher’s Paradise at 2603 E. College Ave., said after spending a day fishing on Spring ...
- Centre Daily
- 10/5/2015 1:44:47 PM
Fishing in England offers a learning experience
- This seems a reasonable point to explain some fundamental differences between trout streams in England and the waters we fish in central Pennsylvania. With few exceptions, all trout and salmon waters in England, especially the streams and rivers ...
- Lewistown Sentinel
- 10/1/2015 4:52:39 AM
Fish and Boat Commission sells part of Hereford Manor
- ERIE — Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission officials say they remain committed to bringing a lake back to the spot where there were once two in Beaver County. But they're selling off some of that property in the meantime. On Tuesday, commissioners ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 9/29/2015 9:51:30 PM
Anglers encouraged to vote for favorite color for fishing license button
- HARRISBURG — Anglers are encouraged to vote online for their favorite color for the 2016 fishing license button. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission reintroduced the availability of an annual fishing license button in 2014. Brought back by popular ..
- Meadville Tribune
- 9/29/2015 3:00:30 AM
Enjoy a hike around one of oldest fishing clubs in U.S.
- Clubs can stock a stream with trout, but they do not survive in the wild as the rainbows do. The fish were nearly wiped out from the stream while Pennsylvania was logged three times in the past. Brook trout need very cold, oxygenated water, which is now ..
- Pocono Record
- 9/28/2015 9:09:44 PM
Problem At The Public Launch Today
- So, I had a little bit of problem at the public ramp today. This is in New Brighton, PA if anyone is familiar with western Pennsylvania. I almost called the cops/conservation officer/fish and game commission on a guy. My 5 year old son and I decided to go
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 9/28/2015 1:21:28 AM
Fishing tournament to benefit Wounded Warriors
- Steinbugl said, "To see people come out and put their arms around them in a swell of love, that's really what it's all about and that's why central Pennsylvania is very unique, because we have that kind of a support here." While fishing is something that .
- 9/26/2015 11:20:58 PM
Fishing Parkland Shorelines - Dad inspires knotty egg tier
- I have memories literally at 3-4 years old being on the stream with my dad … My dad was my biggest influence and we fished all the wonderful Pennsylvania trout streams passionately. I was lucky to have such a great teacher and be raised in such a ...
- 9/23/2015 3:36:15 AM
Pa. Fish and Boat seeks license fee increase
- The fees for fishing licenses in Pennsylvania haven't been raised since 2005, but state Sen. James R. Brewster, a Republican from western Pennsylvania, plans to propose a bill to increase those fees. Raising the prices on hunting or fishing licenses is ...
- The Morning Call
- 9/22/2015 3:37:26 AM
Bass Federation fishing event opens Wednesday in Erie
- ERIE, Pa. -- The Bass Federation Mid-Atlantic Division Championship fishing tournament will take place Wednesday through Friday in Presque Isle Bay and Lake Erie's Pennsylvania waters. Teams of 12 anglers will compete from Pennsylvania, Virginia ...
- 9/22/2015 1:42:54 AM
Trout fishing heats up as waters cool off
- so no trout may be killed on wild trout streams. For complete information about specific regulations on various waterways, consult the Pennsylvania Fishing Summary booklet.
- Altoona Mirror
- 9/20/2015 5:27:11 AM
$2.5 million settlement reached in Dunkard Creek fish kill
- HARRISBURG — The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission announced Monday that it has reached a $2.5 million settlement with an energy company over a massive fish kill that occurred in Dunkard Creek six years ago. The agency had filed a lawsuit alleging ...
- Herald Standard
- 9/18/2015 1:54:48 AM
Fish and Boat Commission meeting scheduled for Sept. 28-29 in Erie
- ERIE, Pa. -- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will conduct its quarterly business meeting in Erie Sept. 28-29. The meeting will take place at the Manufacturer & Business Association Conference Center, 2171 W. 38th St. Committees will meet starting
- 9/17/2015 9:55:35 AM
Annual Antlers and Anglers opens on National Hunting and Fishing Day
- Field and Stream’s Chris Snyder and Chris Sutton will represent archery and fishing along with professional outdoor writer, photographer and Pennsylvania certified fishing guide Darl Black. Buckeye Sportsman’s Dan Armitage will be back for kids fishing ...
- Meadville Tribune
- 9/16/2015 6:29:11 AM
Fishing lodge's floatplane crashes in Alaska; 3 dead, 7 hurt
- A floatplane carrying fishing guides and clients crashed Tuesday near a scenic lake in rural southwest Alaska, killing three clients from California and Pennsylvania and injuring all seven other people on board, some critically, authorities said.
- Chicago Tribune
- 9/16/2015 4:48:58 AM
Enhancing revenue for the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission
- While many people question the Pennsylvania Game Commission's need for a hunting license fee increase, most agree that its sister agency, the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission, is in financial trouble. Ben Moyer eloquently outlined the plight of the Fish
- Outdoor News
- 9/15/2015 3:27:15 PM
New Fish & Boat commissioner sought from region
- Would you like to serve on the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission? The Governor's Advisory Council for Hunting, Fishing and Conservation is seeking qualified candidates to fill a vacancy on the board from District 6, which includes Adams, Cumberland ...
- Lancaster Online
- 9/15/2015 3:05:46 PM
Fish and Boat Commission reaches Dunkard Creek settlement
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission now has its share of a settlement related to a devastating fish kill. On Monday, the agency confirmed that it will get $2.5 million from Murray Energy in civil damages for a 2009 pollution incident on Dunkard Creek
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 9/15/2015 2:34:09 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.