Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
Mark your calendar for fish-for-free day
- The other is Monday, July 4. No fishing license is required to fish on either of these days. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission created the first Fish-For-Free day in 1984 as a way of introducing folks to fishing.
- Altoona Mirror
- 5/22/2016 6:20:13 AM
Outdoors notebook: No license, no problem on Fish for Free Day
- During the first of Pennsylvania’s Fish for Free Days, May 29, any adult resident or nonresident can legally fish on the state’s waterways without a fishing license, trout-salmon tag or Lake Erie permit. All other fishing regulations apply, and ...
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- 5/22/2016 4:11:22 AM
Rain can't stop youth fishing derby
- Derby season is underway (even though it still feels like February some days) and the latest report to hit my inbox is from the Friends of Lyman Run, which stages a youth fishing derby every spring at Lyman Run State Park near Galeton, Pennsylvania.
- 5/18/2016 4:19:06 PM
Outdoors: Family fishing day set at Codorus
- Local vendors B&B Lures and Tackle and F&S Yamaha and Marine will set up exhibits. The Pennsylvania Fish Commission is asking anglers for feedback on issues pertaining to the agency via the use of a new public comment website at www.fishandboat.com.
- Evening Sun
- 5/18/2016 4:04:47 PM
Oddball species show up in fish survey
- Goldfish are one of several species that are illegal to use as bait. According to Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission rules, legally taken gamefish and baitfish — suckers, chubs, gizzard shad and others — can be used. But it's “unlawful to use or ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 5/16/2016 9:57:54 PM
Club hosts veterans for fishing event
- The club partnered with the western Pennsylvania chapter of Heroes on the Water to host the fishing day at their private lakes from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Heroes on the Water is a national organization that helps veterans from all branches of the U.S ...
- New Castle News
- 5/16/2016 5:08:35 AM
Establishing a future for fishing and boating in Pennsylvania
- As a Commissioner for the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC), I take particular pride in the incredible water resources and recreational opportunities that abound here in Northcentral Pennsylvania. From the Susquehanna River to Pine and Fishing .
- Sun Gazette
- 5/15/2016 4:05:21 AM
Catch a monster fish? Here's how to certify a state record
- He was told to take the perch to the Walnut Creek Access Area, where Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission personnel could verify the species and weigh it on a certified scale. Clark did that, and eventually, his state record was made official. However ...
- 5/15/2016 4:05:21 AM
Shad, other bait fish need stronger conservation measures
- They still return, but no longer in such abundance. Since 2000, Pennsylvania and organizations including the Delaware River Shad Fishermen’s Association, in partnership with federal agencies, have spent millions and years of effort on restoration ...
- Bucks County Courier Times
- 5/11/2016 4:24:25 AM
Fishers of Kids Anglers Academy takes 80 kids fishing
- Volunteers from all across the Tarheel State, as well as South Carolina, Virginia, and as far away as Pennsylvania came to help show kids how to tie fishing knots, what lures to use for certain fish, how to cast, and the other basics of fishing.
- 5/9/2016 11:53:35 PM
Edinboro man pulls new state record fish out of Presque Isle Bay
- A yellow perch (Perca flavescens) caught in Erie' s Presque Isle Bay has been named by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) as the new state record for the species. Brian Clark, of Edinboro, Erie County, was fishing in about 20 feet of water ..
- Meadville Tribune
- 5/9/2016 4:44:05 PM
Wounded Vietnam veteran gets his opportunity to go fly fishing
- Calling the Spruce Creek donor, "probably our biggest benefactor in Pennsylvania," Project Healing Waters Pennsylvania Regional Coordinator Skip Hughes added, "This is going to get him [Brojakowski] back into the water he fished as a kid." Project Healing
- Pocono Record
- 5/6/2016 8:36:43 PM
Get ready for some fishing on Saturday
- All Pennsylvania state fishing regulations apply, except trout stamps are not required, Participants 16 and older must have a current fishing license. Trout only will be counted, and the limit is five. You must bring your own bait and lines. Refreshments .
- 5/5/2016 6:43:22 PM
Outdoors: Family fishing events kick off in May
- Interested in fishing and seek an opportunity to learn the skills? The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is planning events that give families opportunities to discover the enjoyment of fishing. Family Fishing Festivals will be held three times this ..
- Evening Sun
- 5/4/2016 8:10:27 PM
Annual Family Fishing Day slated in Weedville
- A total of 2,000 trout will be stocked, including tagged prize fish. Prize fishing ends at 5 p.m. Those who fish must observe all Pennsylvania Fish Commission regulations. The Down County Country Boys Band will kick-off the entertainment at 11 a.m ...
- Bradford Era
- 5/4/2016 9:54:50 AM
Annual Family Fishing Day is for All Ages
- Further, 2,000 trout will be stocked, including a tagged prize fish. Prize-fishing ends at 5 p.m. Those who fish must observe all Pennsylvania Fish Commission regulations. The Down County Country Boys Band will kick off the entertainment at 11 a.m ...
- Gant Daily
- 5/3/2016 9:05:55 AM
Spend fishing fees on east side: Letters to the editor
- I guess my idea to put a handicapped access on 20 Mile Creek was not a good idea. Doesn't anyone have any ideas for how to spend our Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission Lake Erie fishing stamp fees on the east side? That money is supposed to stay in Erie
- 5/1/2016 4:07:38 AM
Connell McCall fishing derby set for May 7
- The creek’s cleanup has caught the attention of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, which stocks about 1,000 trout in the creek in two stockings per year. The club puts 900 fish into the waters for the derby and will stock about 500 more in ...
- Times News
- 4/30/2016 12:19:46 AM
Hall’s Fishing Frenzy Contest 2016
- WNEP’s “Pennsylvania Outdoor Life” and Hall’s Marine of Muncy have teamed up to give away a Crestliner TC 18 fishing boat (approximate value: $20,090). Everyone can enter. POL Club members automatically receive one entry in this online contest.
- WNEP-TV 16
- 4/27/2016 7:07:10 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.