Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
DEP, fish commission probe sheen on Monongahela
- The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the state Fish and Boat Commission have been investigating an oily sheen on the Monongahela River near Pittsburgh. The sheen appeared Sunday morning near the W. D. Mansfield Bridge in Dravosburg.
- 7/21/2014 12:05:01 PM
Fish and Boat Commissioners not settled on wild vs. stocked trout
- And if so, who decides that and how? That's something the Fish and Boat Commission is debating right now. Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commissioners addressed a lot of issues at their quarterly meeting this past week. The one they didn't may be most telling.
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 7/20/2014 1:07:39 AM
Fish commission changes permit policy, acquires land along creek
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission held its quarterly business meeting earlier this week in Harrisburg, and two changes will affect area fishermen more than the others. One will cost anglers more money, while the second provides increased fishing ..
- Beaver County Times
- 7/18/2014 3:54:39 AM
Fish Forecast: Winds, moss finally playing nice
- The Grand Prize leader changed hand five times in the past week and the current leader is Jim Foltz of Pennsylvania with a 30-pound, three-ounce fish. Top Brown trout is now 17 pounds, 12 ounces, caught by Kay Boekel of W. Henrietta with a Point Breeze fis
- Niagara Gazette
- 7/18/2014 12:05:35 AM
FishOn! Northwestern Pennsylvania fishing report, July 18
- Strong winds and storms through midweek left fishing reports from Lake Erie thin. Perch have been hitting in depths of 32 feet to 42 feet straight off North East Marina, from 27 feet to 51 feet off the Green Fields and at 27 feet off the W's. Off Shades ..
- 7/17/2014 11:58:26 PM
Chemical-laden runoff creating intersex fish in Pennsylvania waters
- Jessica is a health reporter covering daily stories for WHYY's Health & Science desk. Previously a hands-on practitioner of biomedical research, Jessica recently graduated with a Ph.D. in immunology from Yale University. She got hooked on radio as a AAAS .
- 7/17/2014 8:35:01 AM
Even sunnies have a value in fishing
- "Not another one of those," he said repeatedly through the evening. He expressed the same feelings about sunfish while reeling them in from the Pennsylvania Canal in Lewistown. While waiting for family members to arrive for a picnic along the Juniata River
- Lewistown Sentinel
- 7/17/2014 4:31:38 AM
Milford teen wins big at Zane Grey Fishing Derby
- Metzger was the lucky winner of the grand prize drawing from all entries in the derby which honored renowned author, world record fisherman, and Lackawaxen resident Zane Grey as part of the year-long celebration of Pike County, Pennsylvania’s 200th ...
- The Pike County Courier
- 7/16/2014 5:11:36 PM
Pa. Fish and Boat Commission seeks gas drilling funds
- HARRISBURG -- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission said its officers are struggling to monitor possible violations at Marcellus Shale gas drilling sites. Executive director John Arway said Tuesday they would like an additional $1 million to hire seven
- WJAC TV
- 7/16/2014 3:45:42 PM
Intersex fish indicate chemical problems in Pa. rivers
- A government researcher who has studied intersex fish in the Potomac River now has found them in three Pennsylvania river basins, including the Delaware. The fish - males that develop immature eggs and other signs of feminization - are considered ...
- 7/15/2014 11:53:39 PM
PA Offers Discounted License For Labor Day Youth Fishing Day
- HARRISBURG, Pa., July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission's (PFBC) announced today that it will host a second Mentored Youth Fishing Day on Labor Day, Sept. 1, on 17 Panfish Enhancement lakes. To encourage ...
- The Street
- 7/14/2014 10:43:15 PM
Pa. Fish and Boat Commission plans mentored fishing initiative
- HARRISBURG — Nothing says fishing like the sight of a youngster smiling while holding a bluegill below a bobber. Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commissioners are trying to tap into that iconic image. The agency announced at its quarterly meeting in ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 7/14/2014 10:21:47 PM
Swansboro man builds 44-foot sport fishing boat
- Ellsworth’s work on the boat is hardly a surprise to his mother. Beth Ellsworth said her son always has had a love for the ocean since they moved to the area from Pennsylvania when he was a child. “He loves the ocean. He likes to go fishing.
- Sun Journal
- 7/14/2014 4:52:30 PM
Game & Fish/Sportsman Reader Wins Fully Rigged Bass Boat
- Marietta, Ga. — A Pennsylvania sportsman posted a fishing photo at gameandfishmag.com, picked up more than 5,200 Facebook likes and won a fully equipped Stratos 189 VLO bass-fishing boat in Game & Fish/Sportsman magazine’s “Camera Corner Fishing ...
- Ammo Land
- 7/14/2014 2:36:29 PM
Outdoor notes Pa. Fish and Boat Commission hosts meeting
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will hold its quarterly business meeting July 14-15 at its Harrisburg headquarters, located at 1601 Elmerton Ave., Harrisburg, PA 17110. As part of the Commission’s quarterly meeting, committees will meet ...
- 7/13/2014 1:51:44 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.