Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
Outdoors notebook: Fish, game overseers closer to getting fee power
- Legislative bodies drag their feet when it suits the purposes of their members. And what Pennsylvania legislator wants to stand in front of constituents promising to raise the cost hunting and fishing licenses? In time, the cost of wildlife management ...
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- 9/25/2016 11:57:33 AM
Commission may expand fishing at Harveys Lake
- Harveys Lake will be open for fishing all year, if the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission approves a change on the agenda for a meeting Tuesday. Currently, anglers can fish 50 of 52 weeks a year. The lake is closed to fishing only during the first two .
- The Times Tribune
- 9/25/2016 4:05:06 AM
Voting Underway for 2017 Fishing License Button
- HARRISBURG, Pa. (Sept. 23) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) is encouraging anglers to vote online for their favorite fishing license button for 2017. The PFBC re-introduced the availability of an annual Pennsylvania fishing license ...
- Press Release Point
- 9/23/2016 9:03:57 PM
Anglers can cast vote for 2017 PA fishing license button
- (WHTM) — The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is once again asking for input into its annual fishing license button. Proposed designs for 2017 include several plain colors, including red, green, brown, teal and burgundy. Several patterns are also ...
- 9/23/2016 4:53:25 PM
Donegal Lake lifts fishing limits ahead of draining, dam reconstruction
- I missed one, but my son did catch a largemouth (bass),” the elder Snyder said. The Snyders also took advantage of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission's lifting of size and creel limit regulations at the 90-acre lake in Donegal Township to prepare ..
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 9/22/2016 10:38:12 PM
The Lollapalooza of Fly Fishing
- I’m a senior majoring in biology at Millersville University, in Pennsylvania, and fishing probably is a big part of the reason I’m so interested in ecology and especially freshwater ecosystems. I live along the Yellow Breeches creek which is a ...
- 9/22/2016 9:19:27 PM
Fishing free-for-all at local lake after limits lifted (PHOTOS)
- The lake is expected to be refilled and reopened for public use in spring 2019, according to the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission. A public meeting to explain the project is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Oct. 3 at Bangor Area High School, 123 Five Points ..
- Lehigh Valley Live
- 9/22/2016 7:29:05 AM
Pa. House committee OKs hunting, fishing license legislation
- (WHTM) – The House Game and Fisheries Committee has reported out legislation that would allow the Pennsylvania Game Commission and the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission to set their own license fees. Senate Bills 1166 and 1168, approved by the Senate .
- 9/21/2016 1:42:30 PM
Changes coming for hunting, fishing license fees (column)
- The state Senate overwhelmingly passed Senate Bills 1166 and 1168 in June. These pieces of legislation would permit the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) and the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) to set their own license fees. Currently ...
- York Daily Record
- 9/21/2016 1:21:02 PM
Pennsylvania: Fish & Boat Commission to Meet in Erie Sept. 26-27
- HARRISBURG, Pa. – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) will travel to Erie to hold its quarterly business meeting on Sept. 26-27 at the Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie, PA 16507. As part of the quarterly meeting, committees .
- 9/20/2016 5:15:27 AM
Our view: Fishing access coming to eastern Erie County
- But right now, there is only a footpath leading to it. North East Township is working with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission to change that. Plans call for a new paved path from the parking lot at Community Conservation Park to Twenty Mile Creek ..
- 9/17/2016 1:58:35 AM
For small fish, history proves shallows are safer
- Modern fish have something in common with their oldest ancestors. Scientists have uncovered small fossilized fish in Belgium and Pennsylvania that are more than 360 million years old. It’s unusual for such small animals to be preserved since their bones ..
- Billings Gazette
- 9/14/2016 2:26:36 PM
Fall is the perfect time for fishing on the Mon River
- It’s also big business in Western Pennsylvania. Talk to a local fisherman and it’s easy to see why. Chris Toth has been fishing the tributaries of the Monongahela River every day for close to 30 years and calls these waters the “hidden jewel of ...
- Key stone Edge
- 9/13/2016 11:53:17 PM
Dead fish falls from sky, smacking unsuspecting woman in the face
- The day that "fish will fly" has finally arrived. Over Labor Day weekend, Lisa Lobree was walking through Fairmount Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, when a rotting mysterious object fell from the sky and smacked her in the face. While most park injuries
- 9/12/2016 9:09:50 PM
More Keystone State fishing adventures
- After years of taking advantage of Pennsylvania's free fishing days, such as the 4th of July, this year for the first time I bought a non-resident Pa. fishing license. It may have been the best $52 investment I made this year. I put my Pa. license to work
- 9/12/2016 12:48:45 PM
Philly fish fall: Catfish from above slightly injures woman
- Lisa Lobree told the Philadelphia Inquirer that she was walking near the art museum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the morning of September 5th when she heard a rustling in the trees above and 16 inch long catfish fell on her head cutting her face.
- 9/11/2016 7:30:48 PM
Paving will improve fishing access at Erie region creek
- NORTH EAST — Anglers will have better access to Twenty Mile Creek as early as fall. North East Township is working with the Pennsylvania Fish Commission to pave a portion of the parking area at Community Conservation Park. A path from the parking area to .
- 9/11/2016 11:31:12 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.