Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
Connell McCall fishing derby set for May 7
- The creek’s cleanup has caught the attention of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, which stocks about 1,000 trout in the creek in two stockings per year. The club puts 900 fish into the waters for the derby and will stock about 500 more in ...
- Times News
- 4/30/2016 12:19:46 AM
Hall’s Fishing Frenzy Contest 2016
- WNEP’s “Pennsylvania Outdoor Life” and Hall’s Marine of Muncy have teamed up to give away a Crestliner TC 18 fishing boat (approximate value: $20,090). Everyone can enter. POL Club members automatically receive one entry in this online contest.
- WNEP-TV 16
- 4/27/2016 7:07:10 PM
Fishing and boating access area closing for improvements
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission will close the Howe Township fishing and boating access area on the Juniata River in Perry County on Monday, May 2. The commission plans an improvement project that includes the widening and resurfacing of the ...
- Central Pennsylvania
- 4/27/2016 12:54:56 PM
Stasiak Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament on Potomac River
- The largest bass fishing site on the Web! The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide MARBURY, Md. (April 25, 2016) – Matt Stasiak of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, weighed a five-bass limit totaling 19 pounds, 13 ounces, Saturday to win the Bass Fishing League ..
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 4/25/2016 11:05:46 PM
- “They’re starting to bit finally. It started Tuesday. People were getting their limit,” Packan said. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) is stocking the lake on Saturday. “It will bring people out,” Packan said. Just like last ...
- Herald Standard
- 4/24/2016 1:59:56 AM
Pa. trout study: Most bait-hooked fish live
- For example, in Pennsylvania, we have five different special regulation types based on this thinking – catch-and-release, fly-fishing- only, catch-and-release, artificial-lures-only, Trophy Trout artificial-lures-only, delayed-harvest, artificial-lures ...
- Outdoor News
- 4/21/2016 3:03:45 PM
Shenandoah municipal authority land off-limits for fishing, hunting
- In a related matter, Rosselli said that half of Reservoir No. 6, located in Union Township, is owned by the authority, with the other half by the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission. “We can only control half of that,” Rosselli said. “I still think ...
- Republican And Herald
- 4/20/2016 8:02:35 AM
Elementary class takes a lesson from school of fish
- As part of a program called Trout in the Classroom, fourth grade teacher Steve Sotosky’s class received 399 eggs in November from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, he said. When the eggs arrived, Sotosky prepared the students, telling them every .
- 4/17/2016 11:58:12 PM
Families reel in fish, memories on first day of trout season
- Jeff’s cousin Deanna Richardson, of Titusville, rounded out the Cooper contingent. Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission Waterways Conservation Officer Terry Crecraft visited the spot as he was making his rounds of all the waterways in his control in ...
- Meadville Tribune
- 4/17/2016 6:54:34 AM
First day of trout fishing
- With the help of volunteers the Pennsylvania fish and boat commission stocked the local creeks with more than 1,000 pounds of trout on Friday. People were excited to get out on a beautiful day and try their luck. Some even spent the day fishing with their
- Your Erie
- 4/16/2016 10:54:58 PM
Frye: Women the focus of recruitment in fishing circles
- That seems especially true in Pennsylvania. A 2011 report by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service revealed that about 27 percent of anglers nationally are female. However, Carl Richardson, education section manager for the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 4/16/2016 9:21:54 PM
Kids angle for trout on fishing's first day
- Three years ago, Comfort started to reserve the creek with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission so that kids could be the only ones that could fish in it. This year he reserved the creek for 60 days for kid only use. His wife, Holly Comfort ...
- Daily Item
- 4/16/2016 7:41:41 PM
Get out: Many local trout anglers are fishing closer to home
- Statewide, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission annually stocks 3.2 million legal-size adult trout and provides another million for stocking by outdoors groups. With the exception of some 1.4 million trout fingerlings planted by the state in some ...
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- 4/16/2016 4:03:57 AM
Trout aren't the only springtime fish
- If someone were to ask Scott Opfer, the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) Waterway Conservation Officer (WCO) for Fayette County, for a hot spot for smallmouth bass, catfish for freshwater drum he would direct them to the Youghiogheny River.
- Herald Standard
- 4/16/2016 2:23:44 AM
Gone Fishing! Trout season begins Saturday
- SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) For trout fishers Saturday, April 16 will be like Christmas day here in northeastern Pennsylvania Saturday is opening day. And One Stop Sports Shop in Scranton, bustling with activity as anglers stock up for the 8 AM
- 4/15/2016 6:24:08 PM
DEC: 2015 was sub-par fishing year for Lake Ontario and its tributaries
- Analysis of the dead fish by experts at the U.S. Geological Survey lab in Pennsylvania tied the phenomenon to a thiamine deficiency connected to higher than normal thiaminase (an enzyme that breaks down thiamine) in the alewives in the lake that year.
- Syracuse Post-Standard
- 4/15/2016 3:53:48 PM
Fishing: big business
- While anglers flock to northcentral Pennsylvania to fish for trout in April, they bring with them a much needed financial boost for many local businesses. Today’s trout season opener has officially overtaken deer and bear rifle seasons as the area’s ...
- Endeavor News
- 4/15/2016 1:02:01 PM
State weighs fishing license fee increase as trout season opens
- The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission said the increase is vital to maintain many of its core services. Two Senate bills are nearing a vote in Harrisburg, one that would shift the authority to set license fees from the legislature to the PFBC ...
- 4/15/2016 6:06:50 AM
Fish & Boat exec to speak at Eggs & Issues
- LOCK HAVEN - The executive director of the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission will be the featured speaker at a Clinton County Economic Partnership "Eggs & Issues" breakfast meeting on Friday, April 22. The forum, which is open to the public, will be held
- Lockhaven The Express
- 4/13/2016 6:45:00 AM
Susquehanna River fish-kill brings $26K fine
- The controlling company of a coal-fired electric generating station on the Susquehanna River paid a nearly $26,000 fine after the facility caused the death of more than 1,100 fish in January, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental ...
- York Daily Record
- 4/12/2016 3:50:12 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.