Alaska Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alaska?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alaska Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alaska Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alaska's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alaska Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alaska.
WILD ABOUT: Fish with Jersey Fresh veggies atOyster Creek Inn
- But in June, the fish on the plate was Copper River salmon from Alaska, not flounder. Kuppel, whose father owns the Oyster Creek Inn, acknowledges that after spending years working in restaurants on the West Coast, he returned to New Jersey to work in the
- Philadelphia Daily News
- 8/29/2015 11:54:10 PM
Ocean blob brings tropical fish to B.C. coast
- The blob now stretches from Mexico to Alaska and scientists say heat is being trapped within it, making it feel like home for fish used to warmer climes. "With that comes a number of species that live within the water column," says Perry. "So they tend to
- 8/28/2015 4:31:32 PM
Alaskan High School Students Learn Valuable Skills at “Fish Boot Camp”
- is the local phrase that a visitor is most likely to hear when visiting some of the 32 communities that live near the Tongass National Forest of Southeast Alaska. Tongass National Forest staff, local school districts, a local conservation organization ...
- United States Department of Agriculture
- 8/27/2015 1:55:15 PM
Warm ocean ‘blob’ lures more tropical fish to waters off B.C.
- Hanke, however, said ocean sunfish have been recorded regularly as far north as Alaska. Richard Dewey, associate director of science services for Ocean Networks Canada, said spikes in the number of ocean sunfish in B.C. waters were also recorded in 2005 ..
- The Vancouver Sun
- 8/27/2015 10:49:08 AM
Last weekend of bait fishing on Susitna River Drainage
- Generally there is less fishing pressure north along the Parks Highway streams and with school, hunting seasons, and the Alaska State Fair all underway at this time. The last weekend of August should provide plenty of room to fish the better streams with .
- 8/27/2015 7:07:13 AM
VIDEO: Alaska roundtable focuses on future of fishing
- The third annual Kenai Classic Roundtable brought together stakeholders from all segments of the recreational fishing community on Aug. 19 to look at the 20-year future of recreational fishing. Recreational fishing industry leaders discussed many potential
- Trade Only Today
- 8/26/2015 3:29:29 PM
Humans Kill 14 Times More Adult Fish than Wild Predators
- Drawing on existing data, Darimont compared the predation rates of human versus wild predators. For example, in Alaska's Kodiak Archipelago, grizzly bears catch six per cent of the adult salmon, while humans catch 78 per cent, or 13 times more fish.
- The Tyee
- 8/22/2015 3:34:14 PM
How to Protect Seabirds From Fishing Threats
- The design cuts out seabird bycatch almost completely. It’s been used in fisheries off the coasts of South Africa and Alaska. The SeabirdSaver was designed with tech-savvy fisherman in mind. Developed by a marine biologist and a product manager from the ..
- Audubon Magazine
- 8/21/2015 4:54:10 PM
COLUMN: MDWFP takes top prize in national competition
- made his seemingly annual fishing trip to Alaska with some local and some not-so-local folks ... Man, the group caught some mighty fine fish, and lots of ‘em, so both my readers should look forward to viewing them.
- Hattiesburg American
- 8/20/2015 9:27:22 PM
Fish Factor: Salmon season unlikely to reach forecasted harvest
- Alaska’s salmon season so far has been characterized by ups and downs, and it will be a stretch for the total catch to make the forecasted 221 million fish. “It just depends on how these late returning pink salmon at Prince William Sound perfo...
- Petersburg Pilot
- 8/20/2015 7:54:18 PM
Boaters protest near party at sport fishing activist’s home
- KENAI, Alaska (AP) - Members of a fisherman’s coalition are planning to follow up a protest outside a sport fishing activist’s home by gathering outside another Kenai River Classic event. The Peninsula Clarion reports (http://bit.ly/1JlwOLB ...
- Washington Times
- 8/20/2015 5:09:40 PM
Chefs embrace challenge of cooking with 'trash fish'
- Chefs across the country are increasingly menuing bycatch, or “trash fish” — species unintentionally caught while fishing for a target species ... Other trashfish Hegsted enjoys using are lingcod and Alaska pollack. Hegsted also likes using ...
- Nation's Restaurant News
- 8/20/2015 3:29:27 PM
Boaters protest near party at sport fishing activist's home
- KENAI, Alaska (AP) — Members of a fisherman's coalition are planning to follow up a protest outside a sport fishing activist's home by gathering outside another Kenai River Classic event. Boaters held signs outside the home of Bob Penney on Wednesday as ..
- Seattle Post Intelligencer
- 8/20/2015 11:47:32 AM
Life-saving tips: Learn to swim, wear a PFD
- The Nick Dudiak Fishing Lagoon Area remains closed to snagging from the Homer City Dock near the entrance of the Homer Boat Harbor (including the Homer Boat Harbor) to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game markers about 200 yards northwest of the lagoon .
- Homer News
- 8/20/2015 10:14:29 AM
Irish mackerel skipper ‘known from Norway to China’ passes away
- Later he became involved with leading netmaking factory Swan Net Gundry in Killybegs, and was a consultant on fishing techniques in several countries, including Chile, Peru, Iran, Namibia and Alaska ... oils and calcium from fish for use in food ingredient
- 8/20/2015 10:07:19 AM
Boaters protest near party at Kenai sport fishing activist's home
- KENAI, Alaska (AP) — Members of a fisherman's coalition are planning to follow up a protest outside a sport fishing activist's home by gathering outside another Kenai River Classic event. The Peninsula Clarion reports (http://bit.ly/1JlwOLB) boaters held .
- News Miner
- 8/20/2015 7:58:28 AM
Huge bass easy to find in Cuba
- There were animals mounted from Africa, Alaska and other ... nothing to land 15 or 20 fish that big every day. So for you avid bass anglers, when you can finally fly to that Caribbean Island, you might want to pack your fishing pole. Giant bass await.
- Daily Star
- 8/20/2015 6:32:34 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alaska Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alaska.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.