Oregon Fishing Forecast
Check out what are Oregon Fishing hotspots, and which fish species can be caught at this time.
Just pan and zoom the map to select the fishing area of your interest, then hover with your mouse over the pushpins to see fishing forecast for each location.
Want to contribute with information about fishing conditions and forecasts?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be glad to act on your input.
Oregon Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Oregon?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Oregon Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Oregon Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of the Oregon State's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Oregon Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Oregon.
Columbia River salmon season extended with new catch limit
- Fishery managers from Washington and Oregon have extended the summer salmon fishing on the lower Columbia River by three ... salmon per day – whether or not it is marked as a hatchery fish – as part of their overall catch. Since mid-June, anglers ...
- Daily Sun News
- 7/2/2015 10:04:00 PM
Hot weather leads to changes in fish management
- Two federal fish hatcheries on the Washington side of the Columbia ... Yanke said that he had high hopes for northeast Oregon Chinook fishing this year after early returning Grande Ronde Basin stocks arrived at Bonneville Dam in good numbers and ahead ...
- Statesman Journal
- 7/2/2015 5:10:30 PM
Summer chinook, sockeye fishing underway
- Oregon Management Agreement and the Upper Columbia River Management Agreement, the available harvest is to be split equally between treaty and non-Indian fisheries. Non-Indian fishing includes 5,000 fish caught offshore, so treaty fishers are allowed ...
- 7/2/2015 4:34:43 PM
Tuna takes spotlight for Oregon’s summer fisheries
- The fishing practices of the Oregon albacore fleet are certified as well-managed and sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council and a “Best Choice” by the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program. The fish are hand-caught, one at a time using ...
- The World
- 7/2/2015 1:42:55 PM
Fishing for solutions
- The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife has taken steps to make it easier for ... Because of the lack of clarity, it is rare to see an angler at usually popular fishing holes such as Dodge Park. Blake Hamalainen, who lives just outside Sandy on Bluff ..
- 7/2/2015 9:53:51 AM
Eugene artist goes where Tradewinds blow
- The Kingfisher was built in 1941 for commercial fishing. But soon after the United States ... To pay the bills after his move to Oregon, Anspach said he went to work in a fish-processing plant. “But I fell in love with the old wooden boats that were ...
- 7/2/2015 7:09:13 AM
Oregon hunting, fishing fees may rise
- Fishing licenses for nonresidents will actually decrease ... Over time, the percentage of residents who hunt and fish nationally and in Oregon has declined while the cost of conserving species has increased. At the same time, Hargrave said, interest ...
- The Bulletin
- 7/2/2015 7:02:03 AM
Columbia River fishing report July 2015
- Biologist Jeff Whisler of the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife said 355 sturgeon remain on the allocation, enough to get through the final three days of fishing. STEVENSON — A Camas angler caught a near-record smallmouth bass last week from the ...
- The Columbian
- 7/2/2015 5:57:38 AM
CLOSED: Spring all-depth Pacific halibut fishery season
- “Last weekend there was just enough good weather and good fishing to push us to within 1,500 pounds of the spring all-depth quota,” Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife project leader Lynn Mattes said. “That’s not enough quota to open any ...
- The News Guard
- 7/2/2015 3:48:47 AM
Fishing Forecast: Dolphin fish offer excitement, meat
- Blue marlin catches out of Oregon Inlet have been extremely good for ... It's a tough time of year for bass fishing unless you go very early and late - or at night. Fish deep and slow during the middle of the day. When working grass beds in Back Bay ...
- 7/2/2015 12:49:49 AM
Wildlife Resources Commission officers to target impaired boaters
- She fought the fish herself while trolling off Oregon Inlet from the Point Runner with skipper Denny Wordsworth. A 7-pound flounder by Steven Carter at the Sunset Beach bridge while fishing with guide Jacob Frick. Carter’s young son Ethan caught a 4 ...
- Charlotte Observer
- 7/1/2015 10:48:08 PM
Salmon fishing on the Columbia River is as hot as the weather
- There are many summer fishing options happening all across ... anglers from the Megler-Astoria Bridge up to the Washington-Oregon line anglers can keep one chinook (wild or hatchery) with a two-fish daily limit. The adult summer chinook passage at ...
- The Seattle Times
- 7/1/2015 8:46:26 PM
Grande Ronde spring chinook fishing to close
- FISHING – Spring chinook salmon fishing will close on the Grande Ronde River at Sunset on Sunday. he Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife announced ... Boggan’s Oasis upstream to the Washington-Oregon state line.
- The Spokesman-Review
- 7/1/2015 5:18:51 PM
Columbia River chinook and sockeye are close to record returns
- Starting Friday (July 3) through July 31, anglers from the Megler-Astoria Bridge up to the Washington-Oregon line anglers ... on June 28 is 63 degrees. “The fish (chinook) have gone deep from the warm water, and guys fishing in 30 to 50 feet of water ...
- The Seattle Times
- 7/1/2015 3:24:19 PM
Ilwaco port jumping with salmon business
- Some captains reported it took longer to get to fishing grounds than it took for their passengers ... But, by mid-April, it was clear that the Oregon and Washington fish and wildlife departments and the Pacific Fishery Management Council would not be ...
- The Daily Astorian
- 7/1/2015 8:50:37 AM
Central Oregon fishing report
- Please release these fish unharmed. LOST LAKE: Lost Lake has recently been stocked and should be great fishing at one of Oregon’s most scenic lakes. METOLIUS RIVER: Special fishing regulations apply to the Metolius River. All tributaries except Abbot ...
- The Bulletin
- 7/1/2015 8:00:30 AM
Groups clash in court over Columbia River Basin salmon plan
- But conservation and fishing groups, Oregon and the Nez Perce tribe, which challenged the plan in court, said it’s deeply flawed. They said it won’t lead to the recovery of wild fish populations, because many have not achieved the promised benefits and ...
- Hood River News
- 7/1/2015 6:56:05 AM
Area rivers’ Chinook seasons closing soon
- Oregon fisheries managers announce upcoming closures of Chinook season. Low and warm river water, and waning angler participation, has prompted ODFW fish biologists to announce ... with very few anglers and little fishing success, and it’s hard to ...
- 7/1/2015 5:01:33 AM
Salmon season good on Columbia, not so much in mountains
- Fishery managers from Oregon and Washington ... Jeff Yanke, ODFW fish biologist in Enterprise, water temperatures in all three fisheries are approaching levels lethal to Chinook salmon. Combine that with very few anglers and little fishing success, and ...
- East Oregonian
- 7/1/2015 4:47:14 AM
extended with new catch limit
- OLYMPIA - Fishery managers from Washington and Oregon have ... rates for released fish," Roler said. "With the prospect of more hot days to come, we want anglers to keep the first chinook they catch and move on to the other fishing opportunities available
- 6/30/2015 11:53:45 PM
States extend Columbia summer chinook season
- Jeff Whisler, a biologist for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, told state officials on Tuesday ... Dam was scheduled to be closed beginning Tuesday. Summer chinook fishing has been open since June 16 with a two-fish limit, however chinook ...
- The Columbian
- 6/30/2015 4:15:37 PM
Salmon fishing extended in lower Columbia River through July
- Near record counts of summer chinook and sockeye salmon at Bonneville Dam led Oregon and Washington fish managers Tuesday to extend fishing on the lower Columbia River through the end of July, bridging sport angling below the dam to the Aug. 1 opening of .
- 6/30/2015 3:25:30 PM
18-pound largemouth landed at Lake Camanche
- ROGUE RIVER, Shady Cove, Oregon The last week of fishing for spring salmon ... before switching to the bottom with plastics by mid-morning. Kokanee fishing is fair, and the fish are dropping in the water column. Trout trollers are finding some success ...
- TheSacramento Bee
- 6/30/2015 7:18:44 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Oregon Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Oregon.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.