Oregon Fishing Forecast
Check out what are Oregon Fishing hotspots, and which fish species can be caught at this time.
Just pan and zoom the map to select the fishing area of your interest, then hover with your mouse over the pushpins to see fishing forecast for each location.
Want to contribute with information about fishing conditions and forecasts?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be glad to act on your input.
Oregon Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Oregon?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Oregon Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Oregon Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of the Oregon State's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Oregon Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Oregon.
Salmon rules could be a nice ‘gift’
- The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW ... Also, boat anglers should be aware of Oregon ’s sport fishing closure at the mouth of Young’s Bay that runs from Aug. 1 through Sept. 15. The North Jetty will be open seven days per week when ...
- The Dispatch
- 7/31/2015 8:32:20 PM
Duck, goose seasons will be good in Oregon; permit zone goose hunt ends
- Details are online at: oregonwaterfowlfestival.com Steelhead clinic: Summer steelhead fishing is in full swing and fish will find their way into rivers as soon as the water cools. The Sandy River Chapter of Northwest Steelheaders and the Oregon Department
- 7/31/2015 5:54:51 PM
Weekend rain fails to slow drought
- fish communications coordinator at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. The department encourages anglers to keep fishing, but emphasizes going out early in the morning and focusing on areas where temperatures are cooler. Several rivers and fishing
- The Portland Tribune
- 7/31/2015 9:12:18 AM
Fishing Report, July 30
- And although Buoy 10 opens Saturday, it is often mid-August before catches ramp up. Angler checks from the Washington (WDFW) and Oregon (ODFW) departments of Fish and Wildlife: Lower Columbia — Astoria Bridge to Wauna power lines, 64 boaters showed 92 ...
- The Columbian
- 7/29/2015 6:11:33 PM
A Leak in the Bottle
- With most of the state in a drought emergency, opponents have continued to fight what appeared to be a losing battle in January, when the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW ... including tribal water and fishing rights," she wrote in comments ...
- The Portland Mercury
- 7/29/2015 6:04:23 PM
Fishing restrictions hit Washington harder than Oregon
- The Oregon coast escaped the emergency closures and ... When salmon anglers can get out to fish the ocean, the most successful are fishing at least 6 miles out in water at least 330 feet deep. They are fishing between 20 and 50 feet below the surface ...
- The World
- 7/29/2015 3:19:45 PM
A Quarter Million Sockeye Salmon Lost to Bad Weather
- According to Mark Ahrens, manager of the Spring Creek National Fish Hatchery in the ... To help aid in their conservation, Oregon and Washington officials have both agreed to place a ban on commercial and recreational fishing indefinitely.
- 7/29/2015 3:05:26 PM
New York angler boats 95-pound wahoo out of Oregon Inlet
- Dick Harris of Fintastic Sportfishing out of Oregon Inlet Fishing Center took a turn for the best ... “But my charter wanted some fish to take home, so we decided to troll an area southeast of the inlet. Luckily, the tuna were there, and the sharks ...
- 7/29/2015 2:15:19 PM
- Fish that are being released should not be removed from the water. Due to cooler water temperatures, the Crooked River is not subject to the 2 p.m. fishing closure and remains open to fishing during the hours specified in the 2015 Oregon Sport Fishing ...
- The Bulletin
- 7/29/2015 7:12:59 AM
Tuna Bites’ - Tidbits from Wicked Tuna
- Best line: Dave Marciano’s boat, Hard Merchandise, has had enough of the Oregon Inlet. First the vessel crashed into ... “This place sucks.” Best fish: The crew of the Pinwheel landed the best tuna in the episode, one that weighed in at 392 pounds ...
- Outer Banks Sentinel
- 7/29/2015 3:59:43 AM
Immigrants, poor fish for their dinner, unaware of mercury
- She and her husband, who are immigrants from Laos, have been fishing ... of people like fish better than red meat,” he said. Follow Scott McFetridge at: https://twitter.com/smcfetridge. Check out these photos of the first day of the Oregon Brewers ...
- 7/29/2015 2:55:17 AM
Drought Leads To Stressed Out Salmon In Northwest Rivers
- That’s a problem for salmon. Wildlife managers in Washington and Oregon have limited fishing to certain times of day and closed some rivers altogether. But some say that’s not enough to help struggling fish. Ashley Ahearn from Here & Now contributor ...
- 7/28/2015 6:48:31 PM
Idaho Fish and Game working to save Snake River sockeye
- "It speeds up the amount of energy that they burn and so we're concerned that these fish will burn out before they return," said Brown. It's a region-wide problem. Oregon and Washington state have both enacted sport fishing closures. Although Idaho ...
- 7/28/2015 1:26:24 PM
Warmwater fish proposal raises anglers’ ire
- Officials of the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife recently announced historic fishing restrictions, encouraging anglers to target warmwater fish in unusually hot summer conditions. But all the while they’ve been working on a second historic — and ...
- 7/28/2015 7:07:01 AM
Port Orford features Redfish Rocks Marine Reserve
- said the rocks are close enough to the port of Port Orford that they could be used as a quick fishing destination. Not any more. Oregon's marine reserves, which number five now, are closed to all harvest, from fish to kelp, in order to protect their small
- 7/28/2015 4:58:10 AM
Salmon fishing slow on Sacramento River
- I heard that most days of last week, when the fish did start to bite, there would sometimes be 3 or 4 anglers hooked up at a time out of the boats in the estuary.” ROGUE RIVER, Grant’s Pass, Oregon Salmon fishing remains fair in the Shady Cove ...
- TheSacramento Bee
- 7/28/2015 1:09:06 AM
Half of Columbia River sockeye salmon dying due to hot water
- Oregon and Washington state have both enacted sport fishing closures due to warm water, and sturgeon fishing in the Columbia River upstream of Bonneville Dam has been halted after some of the large, bottom dwelling fish started turning up dead. Efforts by
- Mail Tribune & Daily Tidings
- 7/27/2015 11:00:15 PM
Half of Columbia River sockeye dying due to hot water
- However, Oregon and Washington have both enacted sport fishing ... Bonneville Dam has been halted after some of the large, bottom dwelling fish started turning up dead. Sturgeon fishing was already prohibited downstream of Bonneville.
- Longview Daily News
- 7/27/2015 10:24:27 PM
Letter - Actions to protect fish appreciated
- On July 16, the Washington and Oregon departments of fish and wildlife took action to close or restrict fishing on specific waters, effective July 18. Individual fish and species as a whole (including several species listed under the Endangered Species Act
- 7/27/2015 9:12:52 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Oregon Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Oregon.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.