Oregon Fishing Forecast
Check out what are Oregon Fishing hotspots, and which fish species can be caught at this time.
Just pan and zoom the map to select the fishing area of your interest, then hover with your mouse over the pushpins to see fishing forecast for each location.
Want to contribute with information about fishing conditions and forecasts?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be glad to act on your input.
Oregon Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Oregon?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Oregon Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Oregon Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of the Oregon State's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Oregon Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Oregon.
Salmon fishing along Oregon's Pacific Coast
- For generations, salmon has been a part of the Pacific Northwest’s identity. Native American tribes in this region relied on the fish as a primary food source and important symbol in ceremonies and folklore. According to the World Wildlife Fund, global ...
- Lincoln Journal Star
- 11/21/2015 10:57:30 PM
The Club: Fly fishing for chinook salmon on the Elk River
- "Welcome to The Club." Fall chinook are the apex fauna of Oregon freshwater fly-fishers, and the small sect of those successful at catching one with a bug they tied grew by one Friday at angling's version of Elk Camp — where devotees eschew their ties ...
- Mail Tribune & Daily Tidings
- 11/19/2015 11:57:08 PM
Fishing report 11/19
- Angler checks from the Washington (WDFW) and Oregon (ODFW) departments of Fish and Wildlife: Mid-Columbia — Klickitat River mouth, four boaters with no catch. (WDFW) John Day pool, 29 boats with nine steelhead kept and 24 released. (ODFW) Cowlitz ...
- The Columbian
- 11/18/2015 5:31:46 PM
ODFW killing fish to fight invasion at North Twin Lake
- Crews with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife continued a several-day project to treat the lake with toxins in an effort to rid the water of brown bull catfish. "We have a powder form and a liquid form, and we have boats out here with pumps to ...
- 11/18/2015 4:38:41 AM
Record-setting Chinook salmon season drawing to a close
- The run estimate of fall Chinook was set in mid-October by the U.S. v Oregon Technical Advisory Committee which updates salmon and steelhead run estimates every couple of weeks while commercial and tribal fishing is taking place on the Columbia River.
- Chinook Observer
- 11/17/2015 4:25:33 AM
Saving Seafood Announces the National Coalition of Fishing Communities
- An umbrella group like NCFC makes it easier for fishing organizations around the country to be vocally involved in the management process, said Rod Moore of West Coast Seafood Processors Association in Portland, Oregon and a NCFC member. The Coalition is a
- IT Business Net
- 11/16/2015 12:12:01 PM
Yakama man's 1917 illegal fishing conviction overturned
- It would be generations of more fishing protests and arrests before a federal court ordered Oregon and Washington in 1974 to respect the treaty rights that Meninock had argued for and another generation still before Washington began offering a path to ...
- San Francisco Gate
- 11/14/2015 7:20:54 AM
Fish and Wildlife Commission delists wolves statewide in split vote
- SALEM — The Fish and Wildlife Commission voted to delist wolves from the state Endangered Species Act throughout Oregon on Monday. About 106 people came to testify at the all-day meeting. Commissioners thanked the public for coming and asked that ...
- The World
- 11/12/2015 7:08:58 AM
Oregon Dept. of Fish and Wildlife Commission Delists Wolf from State ESA
- There was a full room on Monday when the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Commission met to determine whether or not to delist the gray wolf from the state’s Endangered Species Act. Oregon Cattlemen’s Association Wolf Committee Chair Todd Nash ...
- Northwest Ag Information Network
- 11/12/2015 5:00:07 AM
To seine or not: Switch to new fishing method still clouded by questions
- Oregon and Washington’s advisory group and fishery managers in both states are waiting for new information to be released that could clarify what the impacts of the proposed replacement gear — beach and purse seines — are on Columbia River salmon.
- The Daily Astorian
- 11/11/2015 6:58:49 PM
Fishing report 11/12
- The reservoir is 17 feet below full pool. The boat ramp is usable down to 25 feet below full. Angler checks from the Washington (WDFW) and Oregon (ODFW) departments of Fish and Wildlife: Mid-Columbia — Bonneville pool, 11 boaters with four adult coho kept.
- The Columbian
- 11/11/2015 5:32:55 PM
Humane Society of the United States Condemns the Oregon Department of Fish and W
- Scott Beckstead, senior Oregon state director of The Humane Society of the United States, released the following statement: “Yesterday’s decision to delist wolves was not only premature, but also follows a disturbing pattern of the Oregon Department of ...
- The Humane Society of the United States
- 11/10/2015 11:46:20 PM
Bag a free-range bird in winter turkey hunt
- Fall turkey hunting is open from Oct. 15-Dec. 31. The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) reports that turkeys wintered well in Wallowa County due to mild winters the past few years; the population of birds is excellent. Turkey populations have .
- 11/9/2015 7:29:49 PM
Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission to ponder whether to delist wolves
- For Baker County Commissioner Mark Bennett one of the chief sentiments that lingers over the issue of delisting wolves in Oregon is frustration and the notion that a carefully constructed alliance may be crumbling. The Oregon Department of Fish and ...
- Baker City Herald
- 11/9/2015 2:33:21 AM
State, federal agencies focus on cold-water habitat for fish
- PORTLAND, Ore. - Oregon and federal officials will work over the next three years on plans to locate, protect and restore sections of cold-water habitat for migrating fish in the Columbia and lower Willamette rivers, according to an agreement released by .
- Lewiston Tribune Online
- 11/8/2015 9:36:52 AM
Oregon Coast Fishing Alerts, Finds Now Offered by Text
- (Oregon Coast) – Now, you can have your ocean fishing and text alerts too. Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife put together a new means of informing recreational fishermen via text alerts on new restrictions or great finds. They also want want to hear .
- Beach Connection
- 11/8/2015 4:50:32 AM
Sea lions devasting fish populations in Columbia River
- NOAA needs to get out and see what’s going on.’’ U.S. Rep Jaime Herrera Beutler, R-Camas, and Rep. Kurt Schrader, an Oregon Democrat, introduced legislation in January that would authorize state fisheries and Columbia River tribal officials to use ...
- The Spokesman-Review
- 11/7/2015 8:33:38 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Oregon Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Oregon.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.