Alabama Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alabama?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alabama Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alabama Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alabama's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alabama Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alabama.
Catch 'Big Fish' at Hampton High School
- Choreographer and co-director Jen Lavella said “Big Fish” features tap, western, Fosse-style dancing and even an Alabama Stomp. Franklin, a Beechview resident, is very excited about “Big Fish” because it's so different from Hampton's usual fare.
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 3/30/2017 1:28:00 AM
G&F Bragging Board: Readers Share Lunker Bass
- After Church on Sunday Logan Barber stopped off at a favorite fishing spot in Helena Alabama to try out a new Senko lure. It didn’t take long before he landed his first wall hanger of 2017 at just over 9 LBS.
- 3/29/2017 8:30:00 PM
Alabama: New Conecuh River Boat Landing Now Open Near Pollard, Alabama
- New Conecuh River Boat Landing Now Open Near Pollard, Ala. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division (WFF) has recently opened a new boat landing on the Conecuh River near Pollard, Ala.
- 3/29/2017 7:55:00 AM
JT Kenney picks three
- "I find it interesting that so many anglers don't fish them. They are like half an Alabama rig. Spinnerbaits mimic baitfish and they are very efficient to use. They come through wood, rocks and weeds well and you can fish them at a pretty good pace for ...
- Outdoors FIRST
- 3/29/2017 5:22:00 AM
Upper-End Shallows Were A Popular Place
- To say Kennedy liked his chances coming into this event would be an understatement. The Alabama pro described the conditions as "tailor-made" for his style of fishing. "I read an article where (the pundits) had me at 75-to-1 odds to win this deal," he said
- 3/29/2017 4:01:00 AM
Fishing Report: Week of March 28
- Stable water levels along with warmer water have allowed largemouth bass to become active. Senkos, jigs, Alabama rigs, or crankbaits are all productive. A recent trout plant should improve the swimbait bait as the fish are moving toward shore. The lake has
- Fresno Bee
- 3/29/2017 3:50:00 AM
Only a few fish their way through college
- In collegiate bass fishing, there is no NCAA. Therefore, community colleges and smaller schools such as East Texas Baptist (enrollment: 1,450) fish against goliaths such as the University of Alabama, Cabela’s School of the Year for bass fishing in 2016.
- 3/28/2017 9:44:00 PM
25-Year-Old Former College Angler Wins The Bassmaster Classic
- Photo by Seigo Saito/B.A.S.S. Lee, A 25-Year-Old Former College Angler From Alabama, Wins The Bassmaster Classic HOUSTON — In 2013, Jordan Lee was a member of the Auburn University fishing team. Today, he's on top of the professional bass fishing world.
- 3/28/2017 5:40:00 AM
FISHING: Alabama native Jordan Lee wins Bassmaster Classic
- With a successful weekend on Lake Conroe in the GEICO Bassmaster Classic, Jordan Lee nearly doubled his career winnings. Lee, a 25-year old pro from Guntersville, Ala. was the overall winner Sunday after making big strides after a slow start on Day 1.
- Conroe Courier
- 3/27/2017 3:10:00 AM
Cabela's Event on Dardanelle Features 7 of Top 10 Ranked Schools
- Ranked in order from 1st to 4th, competing in the Open, are Bryan College, University of North Alabama, Mississippi State, and University of Tennessee-Knoxville. The Cabela's Collegiate Bass Fishing Open is the also the second of the four nationally ...
- 3/24/2017 6:23:00 AM
Big Bass Becoming A More Common Catch At Lake Of The Ozarks
- Bueltmann and Verhoef reported catching their bass on the Megabass jerkbait and the Alabama rig, fishing nearly 19 miles of water from the mouth of the Grand Glaize Arm of the Lake all the way to Bagnell Dam. They were fishing flat pea gravel banks with a
- Lake Expo
- 3/23/2017 10:54:00 AM
Cabela's Collegiate Bass Heads to Lake Dardanelle, Arkansas
- Pictured above: 2016 Cabela's Collegiate Bass Fishing Open Winners, University of North Alabama SAN ANTONIO, TX - The second major televised event of the 2017 Cabela's Collegiate Bass Fishing Series is now only days away. Over 275 anglers from across the .
- 3/23/2017 6:14:00 AM
Top-ranked Bryan fishing team has winning duo at Hartwell
- A week after the NAIA school in Dayton jumped ahead of Alabama, South Carolina and previous leader Auburn to No. 1 in the Cabela's School of the Year standings, the Lions' Matt Brown and D.J. Barber won the FLW YETI Southeastern College Fishing tournament
- Times Free Press
- 3/23/2017 4:32:00 AM
GA Pair 1st Women’s Bass Fishing Team to Reach Nationals
- Jaci Skipper of Taylor, Alabama, and Ryleigh Tyson of Savannah, represented SCAD last weekend in the YETI FLW College Fishing Southeastern Conference tournament on Lake Hartwell, Ga. The freshmen finished 14 th out of 176 teams with a five-bass limit of 12
- 3/22/2017 8:24:00 PM
Bryan College Wins on Hartwell
- The Bryan College duo of D.J. Barber of Gardendale, Alabama, and Matt Brown of Corbin, Kentucky, won the YETI FLW College Fishing Southeastern Conference tournament on Lake Hartwell with a five-bass limit weighing 18 pounds, 14 ounces. The victory earned .
- 3/20/2017 9:57:00 PM
Time to fish the Alabama coast and Mobile Bay
- For those who need a break from the take-a-number fishing and often lengthy time between bites on Alabama's largemouth bass waters, a trip to the coast this spring may be good medicine. Mobile Bay is the fourth largest estuary in the U.S., 31 miles long ..
- 3/19/2017 6:33:00 AM
The Fishing Report: Clear Lake re-opening good news for spring
- First two finishers each had a 10-pounder in their top seven fish. Biggest bass weighed 12 pounds. Big swim baits, glide baits and Alabama rigs were among the top producers. *On pro guide Bob Myskey’s first 2017 guide trip, clients Bob Chamberlin and ...
- Napa Valley Register
- 3/17/2017 12:15:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alabama Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alabama.
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman Association is an inshore saltwater fishing club, which promotes friendship, sportsmanship and conservation along coastal Alabama.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.