Louisiana Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Louisiana?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Louisiana Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Louisiana Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Louisiana's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Louisiana Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Louisiana.
Fishing tournament on Stockton Lake Saturday
- Anglers will be fishing for cash, prizes and points that will qualify them to fish a two-day championship on Stockton Lake in June as well as a national championship on the Ouachita River in Louisiana in October. For more information, go to ...
- Bolivvar Mo News
- 2/23/2017 12:23:00 AM
Worth the fight through the gnats & fog this weekend
- Caught a few fish and had some of the magic that is fishing the South Louisiana marsh. That dad is pretty unselfish, let his son reel in every fish he hooked, good job dad!! Your son will enjoy fishing for a lifetime.
- Louisiana Sportsman
- 2/22/2017 9:03:00 PM
St. Tammany Fishing Pier reopens soon
- There also are vending machines for drinks and snacks. Everyone who wants to fish must have a Louisiana fishing license. To purchase a license over the phone and obtain an instant authorization number, call (888) 765-2602. For more information about how ..
- The Advocate
- 2/22/2017 2:49:00 PM
WVUE Catches Fishermen Making Millions Without Fishing
- That’s gives you some idea of how big a deal fishing is in Louisiana, especially when it comes to red snapper, a prized catch in the waters around the state. Recreational and commercial fishing is worth billions in Louisiana. WVUE’s five-part ...
- 2/22/2017 6:55:00 AM
Louisiana’s Paul Groves sings opera to support his fishing habit
- MADISONVILLE, LA (WGNO) --Paul Groves might be happiest on a boat, powering through 6 foot seas at 40 miles per hour with fish guts up to his elbows. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who enjoys the Sportsman's Paradise more than Groves.
- 2/21/2017 9:34:00 PM
Submit your Lenten fish fry: Help us build our 2017 guide
- The day after Mardi Gras, Ash Wednesday (March 1), marks the reflective season of Lent and the start of fish fry season in south Louisiana. Lent is a time of penitence and self-deprivation for many Christians. One of the things that many give up is eating
- The Times-Picayune
- 2/21/2017 2:22:00 PM
From hook to table: Making the most of your catch in the kitchen
- There are dozens of batter mixes out there, so experiment with a few until you find a favorite. My go-to is Louisiana Fish Fry, which is sold at most grocery stores. It’s a light, cornmeal-based breading that comes in several flavors (my personal ...
- Idaho Statesman
- 2/20/2017 10:19:00 PM
A good candidate for cod study
- According to nola.com, agents from the Louisiana Department of Wild Life and Fisheries arrested two of the salesmen and charged them with theft by fraudulent sales, selling shrimp without a retail seafood license and failing to maintain records.
- Gloucester Daily Times
- 2/19/2017 10:23:00 PM
Steve Lessard wins Hobie Fishing Worlds 2016
- The fishing in south Louisiana is often referred to as world-class. That’s the reason that Hobie Cat Company chose Leeville as the site for the sixth annual Hobie Fishing World Championship held there in mid-December 2016. After three days of fishing in ..
- Louisiana Sportsman
- 2/19/2017 1:29:00 AM
What Are The Benefits Of Charter Fishing
- There are a variety of choices out there. You can start with charter fishing Louisiana. This is what others have decided to go for particularly the ones who are just beginners in the area. Chartering something means that you have to pay for rental services
- 2/18/2017 9:40:00 AM
A fish tale: FIn Gourmet Foods is growing by leaps and bounds
- This may just be the only truthful fish story you have ever heard. Luu and Crilly started what has become FIn Gourmet Foods in 2010 in Louisiana. According to Luu, who is Vietnamese by birth, they originally formed the business to provide work and revenue
- The Southern
- 2/17/2017 6:26:00 AM
Crawfish Added to BAP Programme; Chinese Processing Plant Certified
- The crawfish is imported to the United States by Bernard’s Seafood Co. Ltd. of Mansura, Louisiana. “The GAA is thrilled to partner with Bernard’s Seafood to help bring BAP certification to crawfish and to help the company source farmed seafood ...
- The Fish Site
- 2/17/2017 6:08:00 AM
Rainbow Trout fishing at Zemurray Park
- Recently the pond was stocked with approximately four hundred Rainbow Trout by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. The journey for these fish to reach the park is a notable one. After years of neglect and abuse the park and pond went ...
- The Daily Star
- 2/16/2017 9:59:00 AM
Fishing notebook: Watching those rivers; Bayou Black remains a hot spot
- River watching is as big a part of freshwater and saltwater fishing in south-central and southeast Louisiana as gassing the boat, greasing the hubs on the boat’s trailer and removing the months-old line on fishing reels. It’s late winter — the ...
- The Advocate
- 2/16/2017 2:07:00 AM
Where to Fish in March
- The striped torpedoes start showing up off Venice, Louisiana, in January, and come March, most boats targeting them boat half a dozen or more in the 40- to 60-pound class. Another reliable wahoo destination this month is the Cayman Islands, where the fish
- 2/15/2017 8:45:00 PM
Angler Group Presents Red Snapper Alternative Plan
- Recently at the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council (Council) meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Gulf Angler Focus Group (GAFG) presented a summary of its newly released report, which explores alternative management options for the recreational .
- 2/10/2017 7:43:00 AM
If oysters are polluted, what about the fish?
- The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has sent out a number of releases over the past year about oyster harvesters getting busted pulling up the mollusks from polluted waters. That's a disturbing trend for consumers who like to like to get a .
- The Times-Picayune
- 2/10/2017 6:20:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Louisiana Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Louisiana.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.