Missouri Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Missouri?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Missouri Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Missouri Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Missouri's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Missouri Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Missouri.
Missouri: Discover Nature Fishing Program
- The Discover Nature – Fishing program helps Missourians gain the skills needed to become life-long anglers. Participants may complete four free lessons, each focusing on different aspects of fishing. The program is for 7-15 year olds, but family ...
- 3/28/2017 5:40:00 AM
Fried seafood and warm memories: The tradition of Lenten fish fries
- For much of Mid-Missouri's Catholic population, nothing says Easter is on the way like Lenten fish fries. The family, parish and community seafood (and/or lake and river food) feasts are a time-honored tradition dating back longer than the eldest among us
- News Tribune
- 3/26/2017 5:45:00 AM
Why are North Dakota waters open for fishing year round?
- The Missouri River system opened to year round fishing in 1975 then lakes statewide opened in 1993. Power says biologists have not seen any evidence of overharvest or depletion of these spawning fish in all these years…in fact, with a few exceptions ...
- KXMB CBS12
- 3/26/2017 5:11:00 AM
Closure of Mud Creek boat ramp disappoints local fishermen
- “That’s when you catch the big flatheads and big blues,” said Michael Coffman, of Lawrence. “They come up with the high water from the Missouri River to spawn.” He and other fishermen catch flathead catfish weighing as much as 75 pounds and blue ...
- 3/23/2017 5:23:00 AM
Innumerable Hosts of Graves: Death and Fish Along the Missouri
- James Schaap reads "Innumerable Hosts of Graves." Exactly where the Corps of Discovery was when William Clark took men to a beaver dam that day no one really knows. Historians guess the place was once somewhere above Macy, Nebraska; but wherever it was, it
- 3/20/2017 8:39:00 PM
Maryville students make the most of bass fishing
- The four students make up the school’s inaugural bass fishing team. Sundell, the team’s president, said bass fishing isn’t an official sport according to the Missouri State High School Activities Association, but rather a sponsored club activity ...
- Maryville Daily Forum
- 3/18/2017 5:05:00 PM
Anglers hooked as tournament fishing catches on
- The difference between winning or losing may be measured in a hundredth of a pound. Tournament fishing has come a long way since the Missouri State tournament was originally held on Bull Shoals, Table Rock and Taneycomo back in the early 1960s. Back then .
- Nevada Daily Mail
- 3/18/2017 5:12:00 AM
Missouri River Weekend Fishing Report
- Looks like, fishes like, we are heading into that first big spring fishing transition. Many Headhunters out this week with both the staff and guided trips fishing a number of days. Consensus? Change is happening right now. Like we talked about a few days .
- 3/17/2017 10:26:00 AM
Tournament fishing goes from small contest to big business
- Tournament fishing has come a long way since the Missouri State tournament held on Bull Shoals, Table Rock and Taneycomo back in the early 1960s. Back then it was a three-day contest, one day on each of the three lakes. Most boats were equipped with a 50 .
- The Springfield News-Leader
- 3/16/2017 11:56:00 AM
CoMo's best fishing spots will lure you in
- It’s a funny story Dubois reflects on during his many fishing excursions around mid-Missouri. There are plenty of bass, catfish and crappie to be caught in Missouri’s picturesque lakes and rivers. Vox narrowed down a few local hot spots for novice ...
- 3/16/2017 11:01:00 AM
BSH's Gregg qualifies for national fishing tournament
- After that performance, Gregg will now advance to fish in The Bass Federation National Championship at Table Rock Lake in Missouri on April 1. Gregg will be one of three co-anglers representing the state of Virginia in that event. At the national ...
- 3/16/2017 2:36:00 AM
Capitalizing on small fish in a small pond
- Wetzel, at Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Missouri, is among a handful of experts who specialize in small crustaceans. At the moment, Wetzel consults with a few farmers who raise crayfish, most of them for bait, but some for human consumption.
- 3/13/2017 9:26:00 AM
Keith R. Costley: Fishing trip leads to trip of another kind
- Even though fall (my favorite time of the year) is usually an excellent time to catch smallies in Southwest Missouri — for that matter, other species of fish as well — I usually avoid fishing then because the water becomes too chilly for comfortable ...
- Joplin Globe
- 3/12/2017 1:03:00 PM
Realtree Continues Sponsorship of National Hunting and Fishing Day
- 23 with NASCAR legend Richard Childress serving as honorary chairman. NHF Day's official home is at the Wonders of Wildlife in Springfield, Missouri. Both entities share the goal of strengthening the image of hunting, shooting and fishing. NHF Day is one .
- Ammo Land
- 3/10/2017 3:09:00 PM
March Missouri River Fly Fishing Forecast
- The first thing that most anglers ask on the phone is if we are gonna have high water. The second question is if we will have low water. Then the third is if we know when the PMD’s will come. The only answer we definitively know the answer to is the latter
- 3/9/2017 7:30:00 AM
Shimano to debut products at Outdoor Expo in Houston this month
- I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism, currently living and working in the Big Apple. When I'm not in the big city you can find me riding a 4 wheeler and hunting with my papa. Keep bass fishing simple with four basic...
- 3/8/2017 10:03:00 PM
Fish and chicken strips dinner
- The Immanuel Lutheran Church of Tilsit, MO will host a fish and chicken strips dinner on Sunday, March 12 starting at 3:30 p.m. A portion of the proceeds from this supper will be given to Lutheran Family and Children's Services of Missouri. The menu ...
- 3/5/2017 9:35:00 PM
Time to get 2017 fishing, hunting permits
- The Missouri Department of Conservation wants to remind Missouri hunters and anglers the annual permits expire at the end of February, including 2016 permits for small game, fishing, trout fishing and combination hunting and fishing. 1 Digital subscription
- 3/5/2017 3:08:00 PM
Fishing festival coming to Hamilton features Montana-made films
- “There seems to be a growing interest in fishing for carp in Montana. There are some carp in Toston Reservoir in the lower Missouri. Those are some big fish.” All the proceeds for the Hamilton showing and a Reels N’ Brews event at Bitterroot Brewing ...
- Ravalli Republic
- 3/5/2017 7:05:00 AM
Missouri River Fishing Report March 2nd
- Spring is on the doorstep. Another couple weeks and we will reach the 1st day of spring. It’s coming. Although the Groundhog thing said we would face another 6 weeks of winter last month. And we are seeing here in central Montana. Snow on the ground and ..
- 3/2/2017 4:16:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Missouri Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Missouri.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.