Oklahoma Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Oklahoma?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Oklahoma Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Oklahoma Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Oklahoma's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Oklahoma Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Oklahoma.
Mississippi voters approve proposal to make hunting and fishing state-protected
- Those states are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. California and Rhode Island have guarantees on the right to fish ...
- The Republic
- 11/4/2014 9:16:22 AM
Yesness Pond gets more fish
- The agency traded the fish for 4,000 pounds of full-size brown trout, said Brad Hughes of Wyoming Game and Fish, who hauled the trout to Oklahoma and brought back the hybrids. The children learned some things, like that they should never put their own fish
- Casper Journal
- 10/28/2014 11:12:02 AM
As Weather Cools, Trout Fishing Action Heats Up
- But don't be so quick -- plenty of exciting angling can be found throughout the winter months in Oklahoma's designated trout fishing areas. The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation operates two year-round trout fisheries in the Lower Mountain Fork
- 10/28/2014 12:20:38 AM
UCO presents faculty reed trio Sugar Fish in concert
- The University of Central Oklahoma will present a performance featuring the faculty reed trio Sugar Fish at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 4 at the UCO Jazz Lab, 100 E. Fifth St. in Edmond. The concert is a part of the Faculty Artist Concert Series, a yearlong performance
- Edmond Sun
- 10/27/2014 8:17:15 PM
Kelly Bostian: Jimmy Houston's fishing legend still growing
- Welcome to Twin Eagles Ranch, a 2,000-acre slice of Oklahoma’s prime backwoods just a few miles south of Chickasaw National Recreation Area and home to Oklahoma fishing and outdoors television legend Jimmy Houston.
- Tulsa World
- 10/26/2014 4:33:33 AM
2014 Los Cabos Billfish Tournament Final Results
- Team Gladiator with Capt. Pepe De La Pena and owner Davis Crook from Oklahoma stayed busy with tuna bites, winning the Day Two Tuna Jackpot with Vernon Ritter’s 60.9-pound fish and Day Three Tuna Jackpot with Ritter’s 78.4-pound fish. Team Estrella Del ...
- Sport Fishing
- 10/22/2014 9:17:28 AM
Hunting & Fishing Articles in Tulsa
- Bobby Garland - Crappie Pro Monster Fest set for Ft. Gibson Lake Two Oklahoma-based crappie tackle manufacturers have partnered once again to host the second annual Bobby Garland / Crappie Pro Monster Fest fishing tournament and kids derby on Oklahoma's Ft
- 10/19/2014 12:16:59 AM
- COURTESY/OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE CONSERVATION Waylon Tallon caught a new lake record flathead catfish at Webbers Falls on September 2. It weighed in at 64.6 pounds and was 50 inches long. For more information go to wildlifedepartment.com.
- 10/18/2014 7:02:01 PM
Montana to Give Bison From Yellowstone to Tribes, Not Zoos
- Montana Fish and Wildlife Commissioner Lawrence Wetsit said the tribes would be open to working with the state on possibly distributing offspring of the brucellosis-free bison to zoos and other proposed recipients like the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma.
- Boise Weekly
- 10/17/2014 3:25:29 AM
Water samples show no cause for fish kill
- There were approximately 1,000 large catfish and carp reported dead on Aug. 25 at the U.S. 177 bridge on the Salt Fork River, according to Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Public Information Officer Skylar McElhaney. When DEQ officials ...
- Enid News
- 10/15/2014 10:58:49 AM
Hatchery produced millions of fish
- The Tahlequah Arrow reported on April 13, 1911, that Oklahoma Sen. Robert L. Owen had introduced a Senate bill two days before to provide for the construction of a government fish hatchery in Tahlequah. The story stated: “It is understood that the ...
- Tahlequah Daily Press
- 10/6/2014 4:17:18 PM
Fishing Line Prank Sends One-Year-Old Girl To The Emergency Room
- A fishing line prank at an Oklahoma Walmart nearly turned fatal this week. Mother Patricia Keeth was shopping with her 1-year-old daughter Allison when the child stopped in her tracks and was flung backwards. When Keeth looked for what injured her child ..
- Opposing Views
- 10/1/2014 12:48:29 PM
Fishing line strung across Walmart toy aisle sends toddler to ER
- A 1-year-old girl suffered a neck injury at an Oklahoma Walmart after running into a fishing line that was strung across the toy aisle, presumably as part of a prank. Patricia Keeth said her daughter, Allison, was walking down the toy aisle at the Bristow
- 10/1/2014 11:44:03 AM
Bass Fishing Tournament
- He learned how to flip trees and fish docks. Dean Rojas fished it well by throwing his famous frog, either way they will begin “feeling out” the Oklahoma... Jacob Wheeler and his 2012 Forrest Wood Cup competition Jacob Wheeler has only fished 17 events ...
- 9/30/2014 1:43:57 AM
Fall Feed In Oklahoma?
- Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. When does the fall bite usually pick up in oklahoma? This is my first year fishing so im trying to figure out the seasonal patterns here. Also do the fish get fatter durring this time. Right now the fish i
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 9/27/2014 11:58:57 PM
Wildlife department studying prehistoric fish
- TULSA, Okla. (AP) — The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation is launching a study on a prehistoric species of fish that lives in the Arkansas River. Fisheries biologist Josh Johnston calls the shovelnose sturgeon "living fossils." The species is ..
- News Star
- 9/26/2014 2:48:57 PM
OU biologist awarded NSF CAREER grant for research of the electric fish
- A University of Oklahoma biology professor will study the unique bioelectric signaling system of the electric fish, an analysis that could eventually benefit people's health. The OU researcher is working to understand how these fish manage the energy ...
- Eurek Alert
- 9/19/2014 8:48:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Oklahoma Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Oklahoma.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.