Oklahoma Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Oklahoma?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Oklahoma Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Oklahoma Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Oklahoma's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Oklahoma Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Oklahoma.
OU biologist awarded NSF CAREER grant for research of the electric fish
- A University of Oklahoma biology professor will study the unique bioelectric signaling system of the electric fish, an analysis that could eventually benefit people's health. The OU researcher is working to understand how these fish manage the energy ...
- Eurek Alert
- 9/19/2014 8:48:00 PM
Basic acquires Pioneer Fishing and Rental
- PFR operates its rental and fishing tool business from locations in Woodward, Oklahoma; Pampa, Texas; and Springtown, Texas. Basic expects this acquisition to be immediately accretive to earnings and to contribute revenue of $14 million in 2015.
- OIL&GAS FINANCIAL JOURNAL
- 9/19/2014 6:17:41 PM
Kids fishing derby Saturday
- “Fishing is one of the things that brings a family together. It’s been a really great event there.” Johnson said the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife stocks the Honor Heights pond for the derby. Fish include bass, crappie and catfish, he said.
- Muskogee Phoenix
- 9/19/2014 4:27:19 AM
Mcgregor hungry to finally win fish k1 title
- The title has somehow eluded the most successful river paddler South Africa has ever produced. McGregor will first have to fly to Oklahoma City for the defence of his K1 World crown before returning home to prepare for the Fish two weeks later.
- 9/16/2014 6:57:01 PM
Oklahoma Mom Encourages Other Moms To Try Fishing
- It's no secret that hunting and fishing isn't just for the guys anymore--especially in Oklahoma. More and more women are heading out outdoors and 6 In The Morning anchor Rich Lenz found some are making a career out of it. One mother, Ashley Nealis ...
- Oklahoma's Own NewsOn6
- 9/8/2014 12:47:07 PM
Oklahoma Fall Hunting & Fishing Show
- DescriptionThe Oklahoma Fall Hunting & Fishing Show at the Cherokee Casino Will Rogers Downs in Claremore welcomes a wide variety of vendors to cover all of your hunting and fishing needs. Come browse new products and merchandise to find the perfect ...
- 9/5/2014 6:52:46 AM
Lake Tenkiller, Oklahoma
- Just south of Tahlequah, the capital of the Cherokee Nation, Lake Tenkiller in Eastern Oklahoma offers up all manner of bass and trout, as well as catfish and walleye. Fed by the Illinois River, the lake is home to numerous fishing tournaments. Nearby Lake
- Men's Journal
- 8/19/2014 4:52:45 PM
Timing respite for elite Fish paddlers
- This year, with the Hansa Fish moving a week later to fit in with the school holidays, there are two weeks between the two events, taking much of the pressure off the elite racers who will be in action at the World Champs in Oklahoma City on 27 and 28 ...
- 8/19/2014 2:08:07 PM
City to pay fine for fish kill near treatment plant
- Oklahoma City’s utilities department will pay $17,822.23 in fines for a fish kill near the North Canadian Wastewater Treatment Plant. The fish were killed by pollution that passed through and was discharged by the plant, according to a memo to members of .
- Oklahoma News
- 8/18/2014 5:58:22 PM
Fishing Lake Eucha Oklahoma
- Just checking to see if anyone has fished Lake Eucha in NorthEast Oklahoma. I went out there over the weekend and caught some small ones but nothing over a pound. Just wondering if anyone has any pointers about the lake and what you might have had some ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/10/2014 11:58:36 PM
Oklahoma fishing report
- The following is provided by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation: Arbuckle: August 2. Elevation below normal, water 83. Largemouth and spotted bass fair on bill baits, jigs and jerk baits in pearl and chartreuse from the surface to 15 ft.
- 8/9/2014 3:50:02 AM
Third year a fish kill reported on Salt Fork River
- The dead fish were discovered last week, when Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality responded to a complaint involving the Salt Fork River, just above the confluence with the Chikaskia River — in Kay County — downstream to the confluence with ...
- McAlester News-Capital
- 8/8/2014 3:44:04 AM
Third Salt Fork River Fish-Kill in Three Years Fits Mysterious Pattern
- For the third year in a row, a large-scale fish-kill has been reported on the Salt Fork River in north-central Oklahoma. “Hundreds and maybe thousands” of catfish, carp, buffalo and other bottom-feeding fish were likely killed, says Skylar McElhaney ...
- State Impact
- 8/7/2014 6:54:21 PM
Perry's CCC Lake will open for winter trout fishing
- Anglers in the Oklahoma City area will get another wintertime trout fishing hole nearby as Perry’s CCC Lake will get rainbow trout this season. An aerial view of American Horse Lake in 2011 when it was full of water. American Horse Lake has been closed ...
- Oklahoma News
- 8/3/2014 3:28:31 AM
Fishing the twilight zone for white bass at Grand Lake in Oklahoma
- Gene Pearcy was fishing in the calm before the storm. The surface of Grand Lake in northeast Oklahoma was almost like glass, with only a few gentle waves breaking the calm. But Pearcy knew that was soon to change. It was getting close to dusk. And for a ..
- The Kansas City Star
- 8/2/2014 12:52:14 AM
Fish stops bridge construction in Oklahoma
- A stop-work order has been issued on Stepps Ford bridge in Ottawa County, Oklahoma because construction methods might be damaging the habitat of the endangered madtom catfish. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife service has expressed two major concerns with the ...
- Better Roads
- 8/1/2014 12:20:36 PM
US Fish and Wildlife investigating owl deaths
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is investigating the death of two owls found coated in oil in northwestern Oklahoma, an agency spokesman said Wednesday. Meanwhile, a report from the Oklahoma Corporation Commission shows a list of problems with the well
- 7/30/2014 3:07:37 PM
Oklahoma Fishing Report
- Bell Cow: July 21. Elevation below normal, water 83 and murky. Channel catfish good on stinkbait and blood bait around points. Crappie fair on jigs and Power Bait around docks. Report submitted by Gary Emmons, game warden stationed in Lincoln County.
- 7/28/2014 3:35:38 AM
Lower Illinois River a prime fishing spot
- The Lower Illinois is one of two year-round trout fishing streams in Oklahoma, and in the summer, the cool water and trout also entice the striped bass from the Arkansas River. Photo by Donny Carter The Lower Illinois River below Lake Tenkiller is one of .
- Oklahoma News
- 7/13/2014 4:57:51 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Oklahoma Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Oklahoma.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.