Texas Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Texas?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Texas Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Texas Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Texas's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Texas Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Texas.
Artes de la Rosa to Stage Intimate BIG FISH
- Artes de la Rosa is proud to announce BIG FISH: The Musical 12 Chairs Version will receive its first North Texas staging this March. The cast features 12 Artes de la Rosa stage debuts for this new musical based on the novel by Daniel Wallace and the ...
- Broadway World
- 2/10/2016 11:12:59 AM
DSHS News Release: DSHS Issues Fish Consumption Advisory for Lake Como
- The Texas Department of State Health Services today issued a fish consumption advisory for Lake Como in Tarrant County after laboratory testing of fish samples found elevated levels of Dieldrin, dioxins, and polychlorinated biphenyls or PCBs in common carp
- Newsroom America
- 2/9/2016 10:05:34 PM
Cold weather fishing can get Hot in an instant
- Any and all destinations along the Texas gulf coast will have their share of hard core anglers out there chasing after the big one this month and Sabine will no different. Hopefully the big fish taken during this month will be respected enough to be ...
- 2/9/2016 4:07:39 PM
DSHS issues fish consumption advisory for Lake Como in Tarrant County
- AUSTIN, Texas (Texas Department of State Health Services) — The Texas Department of State Health Services today issued a fish consumption advisory for Lake Como in Tarrant County after laboratory testing of fish samples found elevated levels of Dieldrin ..
- In Forney
- 2/9/2016 3:03:14 PM
Fishing Report: Week of Feb. 9
- The fish are not chasing bait in the cold water in the 49- to 52-degree range, and the best action remains with a slow presentation on the bottom with plastics on the Texas-rig, drop-shot, or dart head. The longer you allow the bait to sit in one place ...
- Fresno Bee
- 2/9/2016 4:18:59 AM
Fish Consumption Advisory For Lake Como
- TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Department of State Health Services issued a fish consumption advisory for Lake Como in Tarrant County after laboratory testing of fish samples found elevated levels of Dieldrin, dioxins, and polychlorinated ...
- CBS DFW
- 2/9/2016 3:57:31 AM
Abilene Trout Derby introduces families to the joy of fishing
- Abilene residents took their fishing rods out to the small pond at Nelson Park for the Trout Derby Saturday. The event was organized by the Texas Parks and Wildlife department and the city of Abilene to introduce families and young people to fishing.
- 2/7/2016 2:33:59 AM
- This period is when spawning activities are in full swing on our lakes in Northeast Texas. This is the time that record black bass are the norm rather than the exception. Professional bass fishermen tell us the secret to landing the big ones is one word ..
- The Marshall News Messenger
- 2/6/2016 9:40:30 PM
Enjoy a Day of Fishing with Your Family!
- Today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Comanche Trail Pond located at 301 West I-20 children under the age of 17 will learn the art of angling from Texas Parks and Wildlife professionals. Enjoy a day of fishing with your family and free giveaways and prizes.
- 2/6/2016 3:28:16 PM
Game Wardens arrest fisherman for illegal fishing
- The game Wardens were able to end the chase. The fisherman was arrested and taken into custody for multiple charges including possession of over 9,000 feet of illegal gill net in Texas waters. The boat, motor, and net were seized. Later that day ...
- 2/6/2016 4:36:52 AM
Texas game wardens arrest men fishing illegally in Rio Grande
- LAREDO, TEXAS (KGNS) - Starr and Zapata County game wardens catch several people illegally fishing in the Rio Grande. According to the Texas Game Warden Facebook page, the incident happened on January 31 - when they were patrolling the Rio Grande, and saw
- 2/5/2016 5:38:18 PM
Fish Day is almost here: Time to restock those ponds
- Anybody that owns a pond in Texas knows that fish don't grow on trees. Wait. How about ponds don't grow their own fish? That's better. Point is, as all pond-owners know, if you want fish in your pond, you have to stock your tank with fish yourself.
- Stephenville Empire Tribune
- 2/5/2016 5:49:38 AM
Trout Fishing Derby to be held at Nelson Park
- It’s sponsored by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department and the city of Abilene and will go from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Educational activities will be set up for kids, along with refreshments and prizes. Organizers will also have some fishing poles on hand ...
- 2/5/2016 5:06:41 AM
Wintertime hardly dormant time for fishing
- An aphorism commonly and rightfully applied to every Texas deer-hunting season also perfectly fits the four seasons of the state’s fishing year: Some are better than others, but all of them are great. To continue reading this story, you will need to be a .
- 2/4/2016 9:21:24 PM
Lake Fork will hold public meeting to discuss state of the lake
- The Lake Fork Sportsman’s Association and the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) will host the meeting, which will feature presentations by TPWD Inland Fisheries biologists, TPWD law enforcement personnel, and Sabine River Authority representatives
- 2/4/2016 1:28:57 PM
Gone fishing: Delta CEO and vocal critic of Emirates, Etihad steps down
- In a memo to employees, he said he planned to spend more time with his wife, Sue, and go fishing near where he was raised in Texas. “I have no particular plans other than to spend a lot of time with Sue, and finally learn to wade fish in Galveston Bay ...
- The National
- 2/4/2016 6:48:05 AM
Fishing report, 2/4
- Catfish are fair on trotlines and prepared bait. NASWORTHY: 43–54 degrees; 1.25' low. Black bass are fair on Texas rigs and jigs. No reports on crappie. Catfish are fair on night crawlers. O.H. IVIE: Water stained; 48–54 degrees; 46.06' low.
- San Angelo Standard-Times
- 2/4/2016 4:24:55 AM
Big Fish, Texas’ Follows Buddy Guindon And His Commercial Fishing Empire
- Buddy Guindon is no stranger to hard work, having built up his company from only one boat to an entire fleet of boats and building Katie’s Seafood Market, which is named after Buddy’s wife. The entire Guindon family works together like a well-oiled ...
- The Inquisitr
- 2/3/2016 11:09:57 PM
Fly-fishing classes slated for Feb. 13
- Master fly-fisher Bob Cappallo of Corsicana will teach fly-fishing for beginners at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13. The classes are open to adults 18 and older. No fly-fishing experience is required.
- 2/3/2016 9:08:16 PM
Trout being stocked for kids fishing day Saturday
- Plus, door prizes and food will be available for everyone. “We are stocking the pond with rainbow trout,” said Kevin Storey, Texas Parks and Wildlife district management supervisor. “We have provided 1,000 fish and the city of Sulphur Springs has ...
- 2/3/2016 3:53:18 PM
Presence of predators validates the health of river’s fish population
- This day was definitely a daytime day for mink. We wondered what trout fishing was like in Arizona and southern Texas today since they are the only areas in the lower 48 states without a documented mink population. Obviously, we were not likely to catch ..
- Deerfield Valley News
- 2/2/2016 10:53:50 AM
Local experts discuss venomous fish concerns
- Are you interested in sea life? If so, you won't want to miss talking to some local experts about a venomous fish invading Texas Coastal Waters. Lionfish have become a problem in recent years. Experts say, they reduce the number of fish, shrimp ...
- KRIS-TV 6 Corpus Christi
- 2/2/2016 5:31:43 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Texas Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Texas.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.