Texas Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Texas?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Texas Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Texas Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Texas's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Texas Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Texas.
Fishing witg Gus: Flathead catfish makes for career-best catch
- The flathead, estimated to weigh 35 pounds, was his personal best, beating a 20-pound Texas red drum and several 5-pound largemouth bass. After a short rest, his line was back in the water, and he was perch fishing again. Tips from Capt. Gus Pan fish are .
- Charlotte Observer
- 10/13/2015 3:01:12 PM
MOORE COLUMN: Bank fishing a growing art in Southeast Texas
- Bank fishing is on the rise. The “art” of bank fishing if you will is more popular than ever in Southeast Texas, at least from my perspective of writing about local fishing for the last 23 years. And it is an art. Anyone can fish from the bank but it ...
- The Port Arthur News
- 10/11/2015 6:06:42 AM
Thousands of Dead Fish Hit Texas Beach
- The shocking discovery of thousands of dead fish washing up on a Texas beach south of Houston has local officials and fishermen expressing concern. The cause of the mysterious fish death is not known at this time. Freeport, Texas, is home to beaches ...
- Breitbart News
- 10/8/2015 2:52:48 PM
Kaufman fishing faces tough challenge at Ray Hubbard
- The Kaufman fishing team did well in such tough conditions anyway. The tournament was the first of the Central Division Opens for the Texas High School Bass Association and had a field of 124 high school anglers representing 12 area schools. With a full ..
- Kaufman Herald
- 10/8/2015 6:53:12 AM
Smell of red tide and dead fish fills downtown
- Curator of Fish and Herpetology at the Texas State Aquarium, you can expect to see these creatures traveling in the thousands like this, at least twice a year.Manjarris estimates that Charles Everett saw more than 10,000 Cownose rays a... It's not ...
- KRIS-TV 6 Corpus Christi
- 10/8/2015 6:10:15 AM
Thousands of dead fish wash up along Bryan Beach in Freeport
- AND THIS OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T RISE TO THAT LEVEL. BUT AGAIN, THEY ARE ASKING PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY AT LEAST FOR NOW. FREEPORT, Texas - Thousands of dead fish washed ashore at Freeport's Bryan Beach. The dead fish stretched from the mouth of the Brazos River to
- 10/8/2015 2:56:59 AM
Groups Push for Constitutional Right to Hunt and Fish
- Our ballot initiative is just a step to try to curtail that from happening in the state of Texas,” said Walt Smith with Texans United for Hunting and Fishing Rights. While Proposition 6 did have bi-partisan support among lawmakers this past session ...
- TIME WARNER CABLE NEWS
- 10/7/2015 5:45:48 PM
Quail Unlimited plans fish fry, membership drive
- The Texas County chapter of Quail Unlimited will hold a fish fry on Saturday, Oct. 24, at the Fox Fire Station. Beginning at 5 p.m., the event features a fish plate with fixings and drink for $10 for adults and $5 for children. There also will be a gun ...
- 10/7/2015 5:17:10 PM
Quail Forever plans fish fry, membership drive
- The Texas County chapter of Quail Forever will hold a fish fry on Saturday, Oct. 24, at the Fox Fire Station. Beginning at 5 p.m., the event features a fish plate with fixings and drink for $10 for adults and $5 for children. There also will be a gun ...
- 10/7/2015 5:17:10 PM
Officials waiting on test results after dead fish wash up on shore
- Inspectors with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department will know by the weekend what caused thousands of dead fish to wash up on shore Thursday. Texas Park and Wildlife officials have taken water samples from Bryan Beach where the fish washed ashore and .
- 10/7/2015 9:46:11 AM
Fall fishing is the right time for kids
- All along the Texas gulf coast the pattern is the same, cool fronts signal the much anticipated frenzy that is fall fishing. Anglers of every description ready themselves with the latest technology and gear in hopes of finding flocks of gulls working ...
- 10/6/2015 10:19:00 PM
Lions Clubs hosts free fishing for entire family
- The event includes fishing and cleaning tips by Texas Parks and Wildlife Game wardens, prizes and awards, free bait and loaner rods and reels while supplies last, live animal exhibits and much more. Free T-shirts will be available for the first 200 childre
- Victoria Advocate
- 10/6/2015 6:22:46 PM
Fish rescued from abandoned aquatic shop
- Almost a dozen officers from Corpus Christi Police Department and Animal Care Services teamed up with experts from Texas State Aquarium and the Rockport Aquarium to rescue the fish, along with marine invertebrates and corals, which had been left at the ...
- Practical Fishkeping
- 10/6/2015 12:17:42 PM
Less than 1 Million Fish Killed
- tide count numbers remain at moderate to high levels around south padre island. texas parks and wildlife ecologists are now concerned with possible impact to--the bahia grande and the san martin lake. preliminary numbers from their fish kill assessment ...
- KRGV-TV 5
- 10/5/2015 10:55:58 PM
Vote Yes on Texas Prop 6 : Constitutional Right to Hunt & Fish
- Houston, Tx –-(Ammoland.com)- In 1876 Article Seventeen of the Texas Constitution outlined the one process for changing the state’s Constitution. Amendments may be proposed by a two-thirds majority vote in both chambers of the Legislature. Only then ...
- Ammo Land
- 10/5/2015 4:22:16 PM
Cause of Gunsolus Creek fish kill released
- 11 has been determined. The City received word from Texas Game Warden Cliff Westbrook Monday, that the fish and wildlife died due to the Dissolved Oxygen Level being low. The wildlife couldn't survive because there wasn't enough oxygen.
- 10/5/2015 2:53:23 AM
East Texans catch 100-pound fish
- Tarpon fishing on the Texas Coast isn’t exactly like a nighttime snipe hunt at summer camp, but it can be close. There are tarpon on the coast, but the chances of catching one are about as good as catching a snipe with a red light and a burlap bag.
- Tyler Morning Telegraph
- 10/4/2015 6:50:47 AM
Changing pattern to fit fish mood
- It also cuts downs on some of our options as far as baits and presentations. An example would be that we have been catching fish using Texas rigs and light sinkers to ease the worm rough shallow grass. With winds present, we will have to use slightly ...
- Beauregard Daily News
- 10/2/2015 3:57:11 PM
Fish rescued from abandoned aquarium supply store
- AEP quickly turned the power back on Friday after learning from CCPD that the fish were in danger. Along with the Rockport aquarium, the Texas State Aquarium also showed up to help round up the fish and find them homes. "We don't have a large facility ...
- KRIS-TV 6 Corpus Christi
- 10/2/2015 9:37:48 AM
Police, Animal Care Services Take Rescued Fish to Aquariums
- They were unable to locate any other business partners or employees from the pet store to come rescue the animals, so they took it upon themselves to contact the Texas State Aquarium and the Aquarium at Rockport Harbor to help save the fish. CCPD ...
- Kiii3 News
- 10/2/2015 4:08:31 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Texas Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Texas.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.