Georgia Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Georgia?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Georgia Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Georgia Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Georgia's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Georgia Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Georgia.
FERC revokes hydro license over fish passage
- What happens when the owner of a federally licensed hydroelectric project fails to build the fish passage facilities required by its license? In the recent case of the East Juliette Hydroelectric Project in Georgia, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- 10/24/2014 1:18:28 PM
There's plenty of good fishing left
- Upper mid lake areas around Murray Creek have been on fire as well as the stretch from the mouth of Georgia’s Little River up to Lloyds Creek. Enjoying catching fish with us this week were Diane and Allen Roberson, Evans; Derrick Williams, Eddie Williams .
- The Augusta Chronicle
- 10/23/2014 7:39:03 PM
Business Spotlight: Red Fish Grill
- For Georgia native and seafood enthusiast Mike Macomson, it was chance that led him to the culinary arts. The owner of Red Fish Grill, Macomson was first introduced to the restaurant business during his undergraduate years at the University of Georgia.
- 10/20/2014 3:03:26 PM
Hunter Ciccio wins Mr. Clark Hill Fishing Championship
- He’d been fishing in the Raysville area of the lake nearly all his life so, after a brief stop at an area near the weigh-in, he and his partner, Josh Day, made the long haul to that section of the lake at the far end of Georgia’s Little River.
- The Augusta Chronicle
- 10/18/2014 8:56:33 PM
Thurmond Lake fishing reports are full of successful trips
- Just check out the fishing reports below, try the various lures described and have fun. Striped bass and hybrid bass will begin their annual sojourn up Georgia’s Little River (and replicating in South Carolina’s Little River) before too long.
- The Augusta Chronicle
- 10/17/2014 2:21:03 AM
Fish Are on The Move
- Inshore and Sounds The month of October offers Georgia inshore and sound fishermen a bigger bite scenario than September. Inshore fishermen get to experience the early big bull redfish migration. These monsters start their migration pattern from the creeks
- All At Sea
- 10/17/2014 12:12:12 AM
Bull fighting redfish on the coast - Georgia's Golden Isles
- Pamplona has its running of the bulls and a host of other Spanish towns feature bull rings. But that bull fighting is very different from battling the “bulls” that run off the beaches of Georgia’s Golden Isles in the late summer and early fall.
- 10/15/2014 9:04:17 AM
Georgia to start exporting fish, meat and honey to Russia
- Russia will start exports of fish, meat and honey to Russia today, according to an agreement reached by Zurab Chekurashvili, the head of the Georgian National Food Agency, and Sergey Dankvert, the head of Rosselkhoznadzor. It has already been selling ...
- Vestnik Kavkaza
- 10/14/2014 5:23:34 AM
Lacey's Spring volunteer fire department holds fish fry
- Enjoy the rainy day with some fried fish and good company. Tybee's Mayor raising money for Georgia Regional Hospital Tybee's Mayor raising money for Georgia Regional Hospital Tybee's Mayor raising money for Georgia Regional Hospital
- 10/11/2014 10:56:24 AM
- Total tournament payout $11,200. Note: A total of $7,500 in sponsorship ($2,500 each) was donated to the Georgia Regents University –Augusta bass fishing team, the North Augusta Junior Fishing Team and the Clark Hill Youth Fishing Team from the Clark ...
- 10/9/2014 10:40:17 PM
Georgia's First Lady, candidates to be at fish fry Saturday
- Georgia’s First Lady, Sandra Deal, along with Republican candidates for state and federal offices will be on hand for the Candler County GOP Meet and Greet Fish Fry at Beaver Creek Plantation in Twin City on Saturday, Oct. 11. The event will begin at 6 p .
- 10/9/2014 9:18:34 AM
Prince More Appreciative Of Classic Berth Now
- "I just got in my truck and drove," he said. "I couldn't take it. I got to the Florida-Georgia line and got a hotel room. I woke up at 4 a.m. Saturday and felt like I was going to fish a tournament. It was weird. I drove the rest of the way home and ...
- 10/9/2014 2:59:10 AM
FISHING FORECAST: Big reds dominate area fishing scene
- Last week we told of trout catches becoming more widespread with even a few limits being reported, with catch reports covering both Georgia and South Carolina waters. Savannah area angler Stanley Devegter last Friday was fishing South Carolina waters with
- 10/8/2014 5:45:00 AM
With stores already in Monroe, Loganville, FISH expands into Social Circle
- SOCIAL CIRCLE — Local charitable ministry Faith In Serving Humanity already had a presence in Georgia’s Greatest Little Town, including a weekly food bank through local churches, but the newest venture in Social Circle is a first for FISH. With growing ...
- The Walton Tribune
- 10/5/2014 3:39:42 AM
Shropshire fishing tackle firm is bought by American rival
- Zebco, based in Oklahoma, is the fishing tackle business of Georgia-headquartered WC Bradley Co group, a multi-brand supplier of high quality consumer goods focused on the home and leisure lifestyle markets. Zebco had been looking for some time to add to .
- Shropshire Star
- 10/3/2014 9:40:00 AM
wfhs Studio West Productions Presents the Broadway Musical, "Big Fish"
- West Forsyth High School’s Award Winning Studio West Productions is excited to announce its Fall Production, the Georgia Premier of “Big Fish, the Musical" Based on the celebrated novel by Daniel Wallace and the acclaimed film directed by Tim Burton ...
- 10/3/2014 3:42:05 AM
Super-fish Georgia Caldwell claims bronze at state champs
- Rising swimming star Georgia Caldwell has been back in the pool and crushing lap times. This time, Georgia was joined at the NSW State Age short course championships by Pambula Swimmer Sarah Davies. Also along for the event was swim coach John Pelling, who
- Eden Magnet
- 10/2/2014 9:29:51 PM
Lake Lanier Fishing Report: Fall signals changes
- If a dock has brush, lights and a channel close by, it should hold some crappie. Trout fishing remains good in North Georgia and this upcoming weekend’s cold front will only trigger these fish in fast clear water into action, Use both both dry and wet ...
- Gainesville Times
- 10/2/2014 7:21:00 PM
Darlene Marie Fish
- and Ashley Nicole Fish, of Florida. Three sons Dallas C. King, Jr., of Tompkinsville, KY; Damis P. King, of Tompkinsville, KY; Jacob White, of Georgia; Darlene is also survived by 11 grandchildren. She is preceded in death by two sons; Darrell White and ..
- WCLU 1490
- 10/2/2014 6:02:15 PM
Popular fishing pond reopens after two-year renovation
- A popular south Georgia fishing spot is back open for local anglers. Andy Trocheck was just one of several fishermen that lined up to be the first to put their boats in this calm, peaceful water at sunrise Wednesday morning. That's when the Horseshoe Five
- WALB 10 News
- 10/1/2014 12:55:38 PM
FISHING FORECAST: Season looking better by the day
- Our phone calls this week touched waters from Calibogue Sound in South Carolina to Sapelo Sound in Georgia, and the reports were strikingly similar relative to what was being caught — another indication that the best of fall fishing is yet to come.
- 10/1/2014 5:24:40 AM
B.C. fishing boat rescue: 2 adults, 5 kids plucked from Georgia Strait
- VICTORIA -- Two adults and five young children had to be rescued on Monday night off the B.C. coast when their fishing vessel began sinking. The Rescue Co-ordination Centre in Victoria says the rescue took place in the Georgia Strait off Galiano island ...
- CTV News
- 9/30/2014 2:08:24 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Georgia Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Georgia.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.