Maryland Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Maryland?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Maryland Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Maryland Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Maryland's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Maryland Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Maryland.
Restrictions on creek lifted
- Restrictions banning fishing, boating and swimming were ... killing more than 10,000 fish. At least 20 fire and police agencies from Adams County, surrounding counties and Maryland responded to the blaze. Since then, the plant has been working under ...
- Gettysburg Times
- 7/3/2015 4:37:42 AM
July 4 is Free Fishing Day in Rockville
- Grab a rod, get outside and take advantage of Maryland’s excellent angling opportunities during free fishing day on July 4. No license or trout stamp is required to recreationally fish in state waters on these days. As a reminder, fishing regulations ...
- 7/1/2015 2:48:32 PM
Reminder – Last Fish Free Day in Maryland is July 4
- Everyone is encouraged to grab a rod, get outside and take advantage of Maryland’s excellent angling opportunities during free fishing days June 6, June 13 and July 4. No license or trout stamp is required to recreationally fish in state waters on these ..
- Southern Maryland News Net
- 7/1/2015 4:25:45 AM
Martin's Mindset About AOY Changed This Year
- “I have tears in my eyes right now,” Roland said Saturday morning while waiting to board a flight to Maryland to watch the day-3 weigh ... of the depth and talent in the FLW Tour field. “Fishing today is a lot more intense than when I was wining ...
- 6/29/2015 3:33:51 PM
Lauer Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament on Ohio River
- Maryland. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger Z518C with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard and $20,000, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger Z518C with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard.
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 6/27/2015 11:57:18 PM
Round Valley Reservoir produces biggest lake trout this year
- Rainbow trout fishing was also hot at the reservoir ... New Jersey was third in this month’s six-state Mid-Atlantic bass tournament taken by Maryland on the Monongahela River. Michael McMahon of Hacketttstown was third with 12 pounds 11 ounces, and ...
- Morris County Daily Record
- 6/27/2015 4:12:01 PM
26th Tuna-Ment Tournament a Big Success
- OCEAN CITY- The Maryland Saltwater Sportsfishing Association’s 26 th ... In the main tournament, it was Captain Jim Gray fishing out of Chincoteague taking first place with a 214-pound bigeye tuna. Captain Jon Duffie and the “Billfisher” crew out ...
- The Dispatch
- 6/25/2015 10:26:37 PM
Flounder, sharks take bite on Va. Shore seaside
- The best bait for sharks is chum in the water and a little bloody fish on a hook. Afternoon is the best time for fishing and in the back bay waters ... Don Langley Jr. of Woodbine, Maryland and Robert Shekletski of Mt. Airy, Maryland.
- Delmarva Now
- 6/25/2015 4:00:04 PM
In Storms' Wake, Potomac To Fish Small For Finale
- Finding a few strands of milfoil that are holding fish and that haven’t been found by other competitors ... Data gathered from a shocking survey conducted by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources last fall showed the adult bass population was ...
- 6/25/2015 7:46:09 AM
Maryland DNR Pioneers the Use of Apple Watch for State Government
- Maryland has an active ... activities and amenities; Hunting, fishing and boating regulation guides; Game harvest reporting; Trophy Case photo sharing through social media; Sunrise/sunset and tide updates; a Fish and shellfish identifier; and Breaking ...
- 6/24/2015 1:45:15 PM
Outdoors: Flooding solution creates problem for fish
- It made landfall in North Carolina as a Category 1 storm, then moved northward along the mid-Atlantic coast as it barreled into Virginia and Maryland. Most of the damage ... a Catskill trout fisherman and fishing guide, points out, the cold water is ...
- Poughkeepsie Journal
- 6/23/2015 11:54:53 PM
Md. governor asked to stop Bay bowfishing tournament
- The animal protection groups – SHARK (Showing Animals Respect and Kindness) and Fish Feel – on Monday are releasing ... Participants in the event were required to present valid Maryland fishing licenses. Event organizers were not immediately available ...
- 6/22/2015 7:28:14 AM
Battie Mixon Fishing Rodeo draws record number of young anglers
- There were 610 boys and girls 15 or younger and each was provided fishing equipment if needed. There were 1,743 fish caught during the three-hour ... Oldtown VFW Auxiliaries and Maryland Department of Natural Resources Inland Fisheries.
- Cumberland Times News Homepage
- 6/20/2015 4:34:38 PM
17 public access sites open along Chesapeake rivers and streams
- Virginia opened 14 sites, while Maryland ... as well as fishing access, were established at the Zimmerman Center for Heritage on the Susquehanna River with support from Pennsylvania’s Fish and Boat Commission, Department of Conservation and Natural ...
- Bay Net
- 6/20/2015 12:02:37 PM
Recreation and outdoors calendar
- 1: Tuesday shoots will be held from 5 p.m. to dark at Vingt Neuf Bowmen, Maryland State ... skipjacknathan.org or 410-228-7141. Free fishing day July 4: No license, trout stamp or saltwater angler registration is required to recreationally fish in state ..
- The Baltimore Sun
- 6/20/2015 8:13:33 AM
Chesapeake Bay makes Bassmaster's "Best Lakes" list
- Because Maryland is on that list ... who say it's incredible if you love fishing grass. According to Bassmaster, at an event last June it took nearly 23 pounds of fish to win and the average fish weighed in the Upper Bay is now over 3 pounds.
- ABC 2 News
- 6/19/2015 9:36:28 PM
Quick After Work Trip Yesterday
- Finally a fish worth pulling the camera out for. On my local Maryland reservoir yesterday after work ... The water is extremely clear in this reservoir and the place gets a lot of fishing pressure. Frequently the best retrieve is no retrieve at all.
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 6/19/2015 1:29:42 PM
Zone Fishing Reports for June 19
- The fish was taken from the beach. Ernie said the fishing from the sand has been good ... The crabbing is showing steady improvement and Laco said those using the Maryland traps are putting some nice catches together. Dominick Francese at the Bait Shop ...
- Asbury Park Press
- 6/19/2015 7:03:09 AM
When pier pressure is a good thing
- Perhaps as punishment, the whiskered fish spiked Steve in the hand ... but it’s entirely worth it.” Southern Maryland has no shortage of fishing piers for its avid anglers. St. Mary’s County has nine designated fishing piers, Calvert County has ...
- Gazette Net
- 6/19/2015 5:01:28 AM
Marine Fisheries Service enacts emergency action for blueline tilefish
- The NMFS emergency action takes the following measures, which affect all vessels fishing for blueline tilefish north of the Virginia/North Carolina border: Commercial possession limit of 300 pounds of whole fish per ... Virginia and Maryland state regulati
- 6/18/2015 6:35:42 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Maryland Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Maryland.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.