Maryland Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Maryland?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Maryland Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Maryland Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Maryland's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Maryland Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Maryland.
Love lenten fish at Lewis and Clark’s
- MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO. (KTVI) – You can love your lenten fast with hand-breaded catfish from Lewis and Clark’s Restaurant in St. Charles. Dan Badock was feeling so generous in these final weeks before Easter, he also shared his recipe for a tasty tartar ...
- 3/20/2015 3:39:06 PM
Bristol Seafood Grill running ‘Fish Fry-Day’ during Lenten Season
- MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO (KPLR)- Bristol Seafood Grill is running ‘Fish Fry-Day’ during Lenten season. The new event is being offered at the company’s Creve Coeur and O’Fallon, Missouri locations. They will provide a lunch special that includes fish ...
- KPLR 11
- 3/11/2015 6:55:53 PM
Fresh and Salt Water Fishing Seasons Just Around the Corner
- What I found, based on my personal experience, is that flounder fishing, at least in Maryland’s back bay waters, has been dramatically improving. For evidence, consider this: In 2013 I fished for a total of 35 days, boating a total of 160 summer flounder .
- Daily Local News
- 3/9/2015 10:25:51 PM
New, flavorful recipes to spice up your fish on Fridays
- MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO. (KTVI) – If you’re looking for a way to spice up your Lenten fish, have we got a treat for you. Instructor Eddie Schmidt from Le Cordon Bleu is here to shares some of his recipes. Attached are the dishes Chef Eddie Schmidt plans ...
- 3/6/2015 3:12:45 PM
West Coast Scientists Fishing For Solutions To Bluefin Tuna Overfishing
- This practice has to stop,” said Professor Yonathan Zohar, director of the Department of Marine Biotechnology at the University of Maryland. Now some scientists are fishing for a solution. “Do we want tunas in our seas or do we want tuna in our market?
- Sanfrancisco cbslocal
- 2/23/2015 11:39:43 PM
Fire Starting In Fish Tank Equipment Damages Home
- It was an electrical failure of the equipment for a fish tank which caused a fire Saturday morning in Manchester in Carroll County. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says 10 fire fighters were dispatched to 2650 Manchester Drive at 9:09 AM, and ...
- 930 WFMD Free Talk
- 2/23/2015 12:16:42 AM
Outdoors Column: Ice fishing contest called off
- Bob was working on turkey restoration in the 1970’s with the Division of Fish and Wildlife, and is now the (NWTF) regional biologist for New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. Under Eriksen’s leadership, New Jersey began turkey reintroduction ...
- Morris County Daily Record
- 2/22/2015 4:24:15 PM
Hunting, fishing popular
- CUMBERLAND — Hunting and fishing are ways of life in far Western Maryland and the Potomac Highlands of West Virginia. The calendar year revolves around these activities for a lot of sportsmen. Many use vacation time during their favorite hunting seasons.
- Cumberland Times News Homepage
- 2/22/2015 8:53:17 AM
Longtime Montana fly-fishing guide witnessed many changes
- When Neale Streeks moved to Montana in 1978, guided fishing trips on the Missouri and the Smith rivers were rare. After 36 years as a fly-fishing guide, and seeing countless changes on area rivers, Streeks is retiring. Streeks came to Montana from Maryland
- 2/21/2015 2:23:45 PM
Bonefish Grill opens in Towson with fresh fish and neighborhood mission
- We like to say that we take the mystery out of fish while providing a variety of offerings for meat lovers alike,” said Holly Gustafson, Joint Venture Partner in Maryland. High points on the current winter menu include ahi tuna street-style tacos–great ...
- Baltimore Post-Examiner
- 2/19/2015 5:10:45 PM
Snakehead Fish_ What You Need to Know About the "Fish From Hell"
- They call it the "fish from hell." The Maryland Department of Natural Resources Inland Fisheries (DNR) is offering $200 gift cards for dead snakehead fish, b... When the governor of Alabama says sorry to the Indian government, it is a big deal.States are .
- 2/18/2015 11:59:58 PM
Old Bay Filet-O-Fish hits the DC area
- Starting today, some McDonald's restaurants are offering the classic sandwich with a special Old Bay tartar sauce. A Maryland McDonald's franchisee came up with the idea. The Old Bay Filet-O-Fish is available for a limited time at more than 700 ...
- My FOX DC
- 2/16/2015 11:52:12 AM
Mystery of dead fish in Manila Bay, subject to BFAR probe
- The report said some of the dead fish were seen near the Manila Yacht Club. A 16-year-old boy killed in a shootout Saturday with police in Maryland, prompted the search of his home over 500 miles away in Kentucky, where authorities found the bodies of ...
- 2/16/2015 5:11:20 AM
Lenten fish fry season is nearly upon us
- That means things like hand-cut cod instead of cheaper fish like perch; cooking in tri-fry oil that is a combination of grape seed, canola and saffire oils to reduce trans-fats; and using Maryland blue crab for the handmade crab cakes. Even the bread comes
- 2/15/2015 3:03:40 AM
Taneytown church has Fish Fry Fridays tradition
- The folks at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Taneytown have a tradition of offering fish fry dinners during the Lenten season, and they are gratified to host returning guests from all over Central Maryland and southern Pennsylvania each year, as well as ...
- Carroll County Times
- 2/12/2015 9:43:55 PM
McDonald’s introduces Filet-O-Fish with Old Bay to spice up sales
- The burger chain is rolling out a version of its fish sandwich topped with an Old Bay spiced tartar sauce at select locations in the Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Delaware and West Virginia area starting on Feb. 16. The beloved spice mixture that .
- FOX News
- 2/11/2015 5:34:34 PM
Saltwater Fishing Expo set for Feb. 28
- EDGEWATER — The Annapolis Chapter of the Maryland Saltwater Sportfishing Association, along with AllTackle and PropTalk magazine will host the 21st annual Saltwater Fishing Expo on Saturday, Feb. 28, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Annapolis Elks Lodge No ...
- The Star Democrat and you
- 2/11/2015 3:29:53 AM
McDonald’s adds Old Bay to fish sandwich
- Fast food chain McDonald’s has partnered with the Maryland-based company McCormick & Co. to introduce an Old Bay Filet-O-Fish sandwich. The sandwich will only be available in 700 stores, including locations in the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia are
- Potomac Local Media
- 2/10/2015 11:30:40 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Maryland Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Maryland.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.