Maryland Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Maryland?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Maryland Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Maryland Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Maryland's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Maryland Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Maryland.
Fire Starting In Fish Tank Equipment Damages Home
- It was an electrical failure of the equipment for a fish tank which caused a fire Saturday morning in Manchester in Carroll County. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says 10 fire fighters were dispatched to 2650 Manchester Drive at 9:09 AM, and ...
- 930 WFMD Free Talk
- 2/23/2015 12:16:42 AM
Hunting, fishing popular
- CUMBERLAND — Hunting and fishing are ways of life in far Western Maryland and the Potomac Highlands of West Virginia. The calendar year revolves around these activities for a lot of sportsmen. Many use vacation time during their favorite hunting seasons.
- Cumberland Times News Homepage
- 2/22/2015 8:53:17 AM
Longtime Montana fly-fishing guide witnessed many changes
- When Neale Streeks moved to Montana in 1978, guided fishing trips on the Missouri and the Smith rivers were rare. After 36 years as a fly-fishing guide, and seeing countless changes on area rivers, Streeks is retiring. Streeks came to Montana from Maryland
- 2/21/2015 2:23:45 PM
Old Bay Filet-O-Fish hits the DC area
- Starting today, some McDonald's restaurants are offering the classic sandwich with a special Old Bay tartar sauce. A Maryland McDonald's franchisee came up with the idea. The Old Bay Filet-O-Fish is available for a limited time at more than 700 ...
- My FOX DC
- 2/16/2015 11:52:12 AM
Mystery of dead fish in Manila Bay, subject to BFAR probe
- The report said some of the dead fish were seen near the Manila Yacht Club. A 16-year-old boy killed in a shootout Saturday with police in Maryland, prompted the search of his home over 500 miles away in Kentucky, where authorities found the bodies of ...
- 2/16/2015 5:11:20 AM
Lenten fish fry season is nearly upon us
- That means things like hand-cut cod instead of cheaper fish like perch; cooking in tri-fry oil that is a combination of grape seed, canola and saffire oils to reduce trans-fats; and using Maryland blue crab for the handmade crab cakes. Even the bread comes
- 2/15/2015 3:03:40 AM
Taneytown church has Fish Fry Fridays tradition
- The folks at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Taneytown have a tradition of offering fish fry dinners during the Lenten season, and they are gratified to host returning guests from all over Central Maryland and southern Pennsylvania each year, as well as ...
- Carroll County Times
- 2/12/2015 9:43:55 PM
McDonald’s introduces Filet-O-Fish with Old Bay to spice up sales
- The burger chain is rolling out a version of its fish sandwich topped with an Old Bay spiced tartar sauce at select locations in the Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Delaware and West Virginia area starting on Feb. 16. The beloved spice mixture that .
- FOX News
- 2/11/2015 5:34:34 PM
Saltwater Fishing Expo set for Feb. 28
- EDGEWATER — The Annapolis Chapter of the Maryland Saltwater Sportfishing Association, along with AllTackle and PropTalk magazine will host the 21st annual Saltwater Fishing Expo on Saturday, Feb. 28, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Annapolis Elks Lodge No ...
- The Star Democrat and you
- 2/11/2015 3:29:53 AM
McDonald’s adds Old Bay to fish sandwich
- Fast food chain McDonald’s has partnered with the Maryland-based company McCormick & Co. to introduce an Old Bay Filet-O-Fish sandwich. The sandwich will only be available in 700 stores, including locations in the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia are
- Potomac Local Media
- 2/10/2015 11:30:40 AM
Baltimore McDonald’s To Offer Old Bay Filet-O-Fish
- BALTIMORE (WJZ) — McDonald’s has officially teamed up with Maryland-based McCormick & Co. to introduce a limited edition sandwich. The classic Filet-O-Fish will take on a favorite Mid-Atlantic flavor twist — as the OLD BAY Filet-O-fish! Starting ...
- CBS Baltimore
- 2/10/2015 8:31:43 AM
McDonald's Filet-O-Fish Now Comes With Old Bay
- You can now get Old Bay with your Filet-O-Fish. According to Eater DC, over 700 McDonald's locations in Maryland, Virginia, D.C., Delaware and West Virginia will start offering Filet-O-Fish sandwiches with Old Bay-spiced tartar sauce starting on February 1
- The Huffington Post
- 2/10/2015 2:19:29 AM
Coming soon: ‘Old Bay’ Filet-O-Fish
- The company announced Monday a limited edition “Old Bay” Filet-O-Fish coming Feb. 16 to more than 700 McDonald’s restaurants in Virginia, D.C., Maryland, Delaware and West Virginia. The local sandwich will feature tartar sauce made with the iconic ...
- Inside Nova
- 2/9/2015 6:41:21 PM
McDonald’s to offer Old Bay on its Filet-O-Fish
- (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic, File) WASHINGTON – A McDonald’s franchise owner from Maryland had a grand idea that will become a reality at 700 McDonald’s locations next week: Old Bay tartar sauce with Filet-O-Fish sandwiches. The fast food giant and Old ...
- 2/9/2015 5:36:56 PM
Can Old Bay give new life to the McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich?
- We're about to find out. On. Feb. 16, 700 McDonald's locations in the region will unveil a new, limited-time-only menu item: a Filet-O-Fish with the beloved Maryland seafood seasoning. According to a McDonalds press release, local owner/operator Mark ...
- Washington Post
- 2/9/2015 4:32:31 PM
New app helps anglers, DNR track fish
- WASHINGTON — A new website and smartphone app, on which a group of Maryland-area recreational anglers worked for months, is expected to enhance the quality of a federally run program that tracks and helps manage recreational fisheries. Based on a similar .
- Gazette Net
- 2/6/2015 5:16:02 AM
Fish Factor: FDA-approved Frankenfish fight continues
- Senators from Washington, Oregon and Maryland also signed on to the comment extension request. No word yet on if the request has been granted. Meanwhile, Senator Begich said the agency is moving "full steam ahead with fine-tuning its Frankenfish ...
- The Arctic Sounder
- 1/24/2015 11:53:49 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Maryland Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Maryland.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.