Virginia Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Virginia?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Virginia Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Virginia Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Virginia's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Virginia Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Virginia.
Marine Corps archery team practices at Quantico archery range
- “It’s popular,” John Rohm, head of the fish, wildlife and agronomy program at Quantico ... that can be purchased at the Marine Corps Exchange. A fishing license cost $33 for Virginia residents and $47 for non-residents. A hunting license for ...
- 6/22/2015 1:40:28 PM
Memories of our youth feed the hobbies of our lives
- The tradition of hunting and fishing runs deep in our West Virginia culture and it is my wish that the ... And if they can have fun and catch fish, they could very well be on the path toward living the outdoor lifestyle. To make the outing as positive ...
- The Register Herald
- 6/21/2015 2:57:24 AM
Celebrate Father's Day in a Park Near You (ICYMI)
- Celebrate Father’s Day with some fishing atRiverbend Park in Great Falls from 5 to 7 p.m. The cost is $8 per person and includes supplies and equipment, or you may bring your own rod and reel. All fish caught ... with theNorthern Virginia Carvers from ...
- 6/20/2015 1:21:21 PM
These are exciting times to be outside
- The trout fishing has pretty much fizzled out except for the ... Trollers have also found some decent fish off Sandy Point on the Virginia side. Patuxent River — Lamb said bottom fishermen using bloodworms and squid baits are finding croaker around ...
- Gazette Net
- 6/19/2015 4:47:09 AM
Habitat improvement enhances fishing on W.Va.’s Little Coal River
- JULIAN, W.Va. — To the untrained eye, West Virginia’s Little Coal River doesn’t look much different today than it did 10 years ago. Looks can deceive. The river is deeper, swifter and has much better fish habitat. With each passing year, its food ...
- The Charleston Gazette
- 6/19/2015 4:04:12 AM
ROTARY ROCKS IT
- Participation in the annual Rotary Kids’ Fishing Contest on Silver Lake in Virginia on June 11 was excellent this year ... They reeled in hundreds of fish including sunfish, blue gill, bass, rock bass, perch, and northern. A casting contest added to ...
- Hometown Focus
- 6/19/2015 2:31:08 AM
Heeere's Chessie: 1,200-Pound Tiger Shark in Virginia Coastal Waters
- The park is about a 4.5-hour drive from Northern Virginia. Ocearch is researching sharks by following ... Sharks primarily feed on smaller fish but some species prey upon seals, sea lions, and other marine mammals, according to the National Ocean Service.
- 6/18/2015 8:33:14 PM
Blue marlin plentiful, plus other area reports | Fishing report
- Register online at dgif.virginia.gov. A look at what is happening at some of our local fishing spots: Chickahominy River: Ed Allen's Boats and Bait says that bass fishing remains excellent with fish to nearly 8 pounds weighed in this week. Pickerel and ...
- Daily Press
- 6/18/2015 7:43:07 PM
Glenn Buskirk Memorial Kids Fishing Derby huge success
- The size or number of the fish is not relative to the level of the success of this Fishing Derby held June 6th ... In the 7-9 yr category, Caitlin DeBault took 1st place followed by Virginia Harris and Alex Magana. Placing 1st in the 10-12 yr group ...
- Journal Gazette and Times Courier
- 6/18/2015 5:19:57 PM
Fishing Forecast | Fishing for spadefish falls out of fashion
- Dr. Julie Ball of Virginia Beach owns six of them ... Look for puppy drum and possibly a few speckled trout in all three. While fishing for yellowfin tuna has slowed slightly as fish migrate south, more billfish have moved in - and that bodes well for ...
- 6/18/2015 4:12:32 AM
Weather, river conditions dictate fishing
- As Morgantown resident and BASS Nation of West Virginia President Tim Mitchem explained ... lot of current out here it will make it difficult to fish this river.” Besides the weather, all of the fishing boats out on the river have contributed to the ...
- Times West Virginian
- 6/18/2015 3:36:45 AM
After attacks, town considers shark fishing ban
- such as the head of another large fish. It's unclear whether shark fishing bans are effective. Beth Firchau of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center said she doesn't know whether shark fishing increases the likelihood of an attack or of any ...
- The Times-Picayune
- 6/17/2015 4:23:52 PM
Learning to fly fish for trout in Patrick County
- A rising senior at The Piedmont Governor’s School for Science and Technology, Nick plans to matriculate to the University of Virginia ... as the Big Kahuna started fly fishing in earnest to keep up with the number of fish that Nick was catching (not ...
- 6/17/2015 9:14:22 AM
Celebrate Father's Day in a Park Near You
- Celebrate Father’s Day with some fishing at Riverbend Park in Great Falls from 5 to 7 p.m. The cost is $8 per person and includes supplies and equipment, or you may bring your own rod and reel. All fish caught ... with the Northern Virginia Carvers ...
- 6/16/2015 11:56:02 PM
Fishing Boat $
- I originally used it to fish electric only lakes like Diascunds or Little Creek ... until I sell it and I'm willing to meet you somewhere relatively close (central virginia area) so you can see it in the water. I'm located in Chesterfield VA, near 288 ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 6/14/2015 11:58:24 PM
John McCoy: Fly fishing event will cater to women, youth
- She wants to get more women and young people involved in fly fishing for trout. To help make that happen, Rowley, the women’s initiative chair for the West Virginia Council of Trout Unlimited, is putting together an event geared toward — you guessed it ...
- The Charleston Gazette
- 3/22/2015 2:57:57 AM
Golden anniversary of W.Va. year-round trout fishing
- During the late 1950s and the early 1960s, when I was a young person infatuated with trout fishing, the anticipation of the opening day of the West Virginia season was enough to make me crazy. Being a native of Weston, though, I knew better than to go craz
- Cumberland Times News Homepage
- 3/18/2015 12:35:21 PM
Bill Cochran Column: Another down year for saltwater striped bass fishing
- It’s not often that an angler from the western side of the state is a winner in the Virginia Saltwater Fishing Tournament, but E.B. Padgett of Roanoke came close last season. On Dec. 6, Padgett reeled in a 58-pound, 5-ounce striped bass while fishing ...
- The News & Advance
- 3/17/2015 12:36:32 PM
Fly Fishing in the Virginia Piedmont
- I'VE NEVER BEEN ONE for bait-and-tackle fishing—casting your lure, sitting on your duff and waiting for the orange bobber to dunk. Fly-fishing, on the other hand, has always seemed like more of an art. Aficionados of fly-fishing (mostly men) speak of its .
- 3/16/2015 3:29:32 PM
Legislation calls for requiring fish stock assessments of all species
- All fish stocks would have to be assessed regularly if a new bill becomes law. Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Virginia) introduced the Healthy Fisheries through Better Science Act (H.R. 1207), which would amend the Magnuson Stevens Fishery Conservation & Management .
- 3/12/2015 12:49:38 PM
Volunteer fishing guides needed for Wounded Warriors
- A 350-pound bluefin out of Hatteras Village by Lance Pickett of Virginia. Wahoo of 60, 42 and 35 pounds by Pat Prence, Jason Gore, Bryan Gore and his son Jude, trolling at the Winyah Scarp out of Ocean Isle Fishing Center.
- Charlotte Observer
- 3/11/2015 11:13:35 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Virginia Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Virginia.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.