West Virginia Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in West Virginia?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
West Virginia Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to West Virginia Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of West Virginia's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
West Virginia Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in West Virginia.
U.S. Fish Farms Tap Former Coal Mines for Water
- In the Appalachian mountains of the United States, growing numbers of fish farmers are raising trout, catfish, and even salmon throughout the valleys of the state of West Virginia. What they'd rather not tell you, however, is that the source of their water
- 12/2/2016 11:58:38 PM
Brook Trout--The Canary in the Mine
- It's also the state fish of New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Brook trout are recognized by their dark green back covered with lighter, worm-shaped markings. These markings, resembling the pattern created when the sun shines through ...
- 11/4/2016 6:30:56 AM
Creek recovery effort will take years after 2009 fish kill
- In all, staff officials estimate the situation killed 42,997 fish, 15,382 mussels and 6,447 mudpuppies in the Pennsylvania section of the creek that weaves between here and West Virginia. "It zeroed out the population. It wiped it all out." Urban said.
- Lancaster Online
- 10/23/2016 5:07:56 PM
Fly Fishing The Elk River West Virginia
- large wild rainbow trout and brown trout. Some of the rainbows and browns are in the 20 inch category. It also has a good population of native brook trout. Fly fishing the Elk River is as good as fly fishing for trout gets. The only thing I don't like ...
- 10/9/2016 12:38:13 PM
Yellowstone National Park is one big fishing zone
- That's often when a trout would dart up and strike. Both of the fishermen, longtime friends from West Virginia, got a taste of Yellowstone fly fishing at some of its best. As the sound of the wild (the rushing current) and the mild (rush-hour traffic in ..
- Lewiston Tribune Online
- 8/12/2016 7:27:36 AM
Company Overview of Energy Fishing & Rental Services, Inc.
- Energy Fishing & Rental Services, Inc. provides fishing and downhole intervention services to the oil and gas industry in East and North Texas, the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast Regions, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. It offers GOM deep water ...
- 7/28/2016 12:38:53 PM
Entries sought for National Hunting and Fishing Day displays
- ROANOKE — Owners of trophy bucks and fish displays may apply for an opportunity to showcase them during West Virginia’s celebration of National Hunting and Fishing Day Sept. 17-18 at Stonewall Resort State Park in Lewis County. The West Virginia ...
- The Fayette Tribune
- 7/28/2016 5:58:01 AM
Display trophy bucks, fish at W.Va. hunting-fishing event
- ROANOKE, W.Va. – Owners of trophy bucks and fish displays may apply for an opportunity to showcase them during West Virginia’s Celebration of National Hunting and Fishing Day Sept. 17–18 at Stonewall Resort State Park in Lewis County. The West ...
- Cumberland Times News Homepage
- 7/27/2016 1:08:42 PM
West Virginia introduces 5-day fishing license
- SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia residents can now buy five-day fishing licenses. Division of Natural Resources Director Bob Fala says the new license is intended to allow fishing opportunities for residents who may be on vacation, are ...
- The Shepherdstown Chronicle
- 7/12/2016 6:52:47 AM
Easy livin’ fishing/boating from Snyder’s Landing
- The West Virginia side also has spots where resting or eating some sandwiches, fried chicken or summer salad is comfortable enough. Wildlife will fly overhead, scramble along the river's bank or be seen drinking from the edges as you do your leisurely fish
- The Shepherdstown Chronicle
- 6/28/2016 5:43:30 AM
To get the best fish there is, you have to go where the wild things are
- To meet this tenacious little fish you have to go to the wild places, and that is how it should be. Larry Case is a former employee of the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources and a longtime outdoorsman. You may email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meadville Tribune
- 6/22/2016 11:41:22 AM
No West Virginia fishing permit needed on Saturday, Sunday
- CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) – West Virginia won’t require anglers to first buy a license before they go fishing this weekend. During the state Division of Natural Resources’ Free Fishing Weekend, residents and nonresidents won’t need a license to fish ...
- 6/9/2016 11:59:46 PM
Time to fish or catch bait
- In the refrigerator! If it will keep those Canadian nightcrawlers fresh all the way from Canada, it will surely keep some home grown West Virginia Crawlers fresh until you can liberate them in your favorite fishing hole. DISCLAIMER…If you keep your ...
- Independent Herald
- 5/24/2016 3:29:02 PM
Time to fish or catch bait
- In the refrigerator! If it will keep those Canadian nightcrawlers fresh all the way from Canada, it will surely keep some home grown West Virginia Crawlers fresh until you can liberate them in your favorite fishing hole. DISCLAIMER: If you keep your ...
- Logan Banner
- 5/24/2016 5:34:54 AM
Herd duo qualify for 2017 bass fishing national championship
- "It felt pretty good," said Sallada, a freshman nursing major from Hurricane, West Virginia, and the 2015 West Virginia high school state champion. "It was our first tournament of the year and the fish were spawning, so we were bed fishing." Bass on the ..
- 5/5/2016 11:58:20 PM
West Virginia Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
West Virginia Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in West Virginia.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.