South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
Martinez man drowns in fishing accident
- He was attempting to untangle his fishing line from debris in the water. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources recovered Seymore. The Aiken County Coroner's Office along with SCDNR are investigating the death. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow
- Live 5 WCSC
- 7/23/2016 12:41:50 AM
Fish Win Third Straight
- The tone was set in the first when the Wolves loaded the bases with nobody out but only scored one after Canaan Cropper (South Carolina) induced a double play ball then struck out Robert Jolly (Clemson) to end the inning. The Fish came right back though ..
- OurSports Central
- 7/21/2016 3:57:28 AM
Fish Score Early, Hang on Late to Beat Dogs
- Canaan Cropper (South Carolina) had a solid start for Lexington County going 4 innings only allowing 2 hits and no runs. He also struck out three Fayetteville batters. The win snaps a 4 game losing skid and pushes the Fish 3 full games up on the Forest ...
- OurSports Central
- 7/15/2016 3:21:38 AM
Fishing Reels in 46 Million Participants in 2015. South Carolina SC
- ALEXANDRIA, Va., Jul. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Fishing remains among the many most popular outside activities for adults, in accordance to the 2016 Special Report on Fishing released today by the Leisure Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF ...
- 7/14/2016 2:42:52 PM
Going on a ‘fishing trip’
- CASTRIES, St. Lucia – A team that included representatives of the South Carolina and South Coastal districts of The Wesleyan Church went on a “fishing trip” Feb. 22-29. But this wasn’t an ordinary fishing trip – this was a trip with the goal of ...
- Pickens Sentinel
- 7/12/2016 9:47:34 PM
Special Citizens fishing trip a huge success
- Anderson County Disabilities and Special Needs board new executive director, Tyler Rex, stated, "Spending time with friends, grilling food and fishing our lakes is a part of what makes living in the upstate of South Carolina so special. Our special needs .
- Anderson Independent-Mail
- 7/7/2016 9:17:43 PM
Fishing report for South Carolina
- Bass: Fair to good. Guide Brad Fowler reports that there is a pretty good topwater bite over points and humps, and fish can also be caught on drop shots as well as around bream beds. Striped Bass: Good. Captain Bill Plumley (864-287-2120) and Guide Chip ..
- Pickens Sentinel
- 7/4/2016 6:12:10 AM
Fishing tips for a first-time angler
- Fishing tips for a first-time angler The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources offers a lot of education and assistance for the first-time angler. Check out this story on greenvilleonline.com: http://grnol.co/29h0ZtV
- Greenville Online
- 6/30/2016 10:01:48 PM
County tandems top 10 at state high school fishing tournament
- Stratford students Nate Burkett and Brandon Jones didn’t haul in their ultimate goal but came close to being able to tell a great fish tale, finishing runner-up in the TBF/FLW South Carolina State Fishing Championships Saturday, June 18. The placement ...
- Berkeley Independent
- 6/27/2016 3:31:39 PM
Stratford Fishing Club team finishes second in state
- Stratford High School Fishing Club members Nate Burkett and Brandon Jones finished second in last weekend’s South Carolina State Fishing Championship held on the Santee Cooper lakes and in the process qualified to compete next fall in the southeast ...
- The Post and Courier
- 6/25/2016 11:59:17 AM
Super Weather, Slow Fishing at KDW Classic
- The data is sent to the Dolphinfish Research Program based in Charleston, South Carolina. Marine scientists are using the data for ongoing studies related to age and growth, as well as distribution of the species. Approximately 40 dolphin were sampled this
- FLORIDA SPORTSMAN
- 6/15/2016 7:27:48 PM
Elloree's Howard wins FLW Bass Fishing event
- CAMDEN – Chuck Howard of Elloree weighed a five-bass limit totaling 17 pounds, 11 ounces on June 4 to win the fourth FLW Bass Fishing League South Carolina Division tournament of 2016 on Lake Wateree. For his victory, Howard took home $5,718. Howard said .
- Times and Democrat
- 6/12/2016 2:27:43 AM
Pavey: Iguanas join long list of non-native species in Florida
- HARTWELL STRIPERS: South Carolina wildlife officials released about 1.2 million striped bass and hybrid bass at Lake Hartwell earlier this month as part of its annual stocking program for sport fishing. The fish were produced at the Dennis Wildlife Center
- The Augusta Chronicle
- 6/11/2016 9:05:36 PM
Herring spawn 1st time in 85 years
- Water moves along Wynants Kill upstream from where it flows through a concrete channel into the Hudson River in Troy, N.Y. An old iron dam was removed from the channel to allow ocean-going fish access ... Atlantic coast from South Carolina to Maine ...
- Toledo Blade
- 6/11/2016 2:46:13 PM
June 12 Outdoors Calendar
- Santee Cooper Father’s Day catfish tournament The John “Roundtrip” Ham Memorial Santee Cooper Father’s Day Fishing Tournament to benefit ... and the Coastal Conservation Association of South Carolina. Visit fishingformiracles.org.
- The Post and Courier
- 6/11/2016 12:58:50 PM
Fort McAllister Kingfish Tournament today
- Hosted by Fort McAllister Sport Fishing Club, the event is expected to draw scores ... Each year, anglers from around the southeast — including Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina — commit to spending a weekend in the Coastal Empire.
- 6/11/2016 9:31:15 AM
Herring spawn in NY tributary for 1st time in 85 years
- Dams built during the Industrial Revolution caused herring populations to crash along the Atlantic coast from South Carolina to Maine ... are not only highly valued commercial and sport fish, but also are an integral part of the aquatic food chain.
- The Seattle Times
- 6/11/2016 5:56:30 AM
Ashley with 3rd round BassFest lead after another big day
- That seems especially true this week if the video camera is trained on the Donalds, South Carolina native and Bassmaster ... he says that it might be the area that he is fishing in since it seems to contain a good number of fish and some sizable ones ...
- Durant Daily Democrat
- 6/11/2016 3:54:48 AM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.