South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
Tougher fishing laws hurt local fishermen
- Tougher laws to protect sea turtles could be hurting local fishermen. From Emerald Isle to the South Carolina line, the NC Division of Marine Fisheries monitors how many sea turtles come in contact with commercial fishermen. If too many interactions occur
- 11/3/2014 5:52:56 PM
Carolinas fishing forecast: Murrells Inlet hot for spots, speckled trout
- The Murrells Inlet area of the South Carolina Grand Strand rates among the best locations for anglers seeking fishing action during the next few days. The S.C. Department of Natural Resources reported Tuesday that limits of spots are being caught within ..
- Charlotte Observer
- 10/29/2014 9:33:37 PM
One man's struggle to make a living fishing
- Beau Gillis is an enterprising man. He has planted trees in Alberta, taught English in Korea and physics in South Carolina. He came back home to Freeport, Nova Scotia, on the Bay of Fundy, about ten years ago. Fishing had been the finest time of his life.
- 10/20/2014 10:52:53 AM
New Fishing Tournament Comes to Lake Hartwell
- A Labor Day boating accident killed two children in Lake Hartwell in South Carolina. A Pike County Lake Restocked with Millions of Fish A Pike county lake restocked with millions of fish today-- for the first time since Hurricane Isaac. Man Who Drowned ...
- 9/30/2014 2:34:03 AM
SUNY-ESF fishing team founded by student attains success in first year
- If it places in the Top 10 at the invitational, the team will have the opportunity to participate in the Fishing League Worldwide College Fishing National Tournament, which will be held on April 16–18 on Lake Murray outside of Columbia, South Carolina.
- Daily Orange
- 9/29/2014 11:56:34 PM
Rikard Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament On Lake Wylie
- 22, 2014) – Greg Rikard of Leesville, S.C., weighed a two-day total of 10 bass totaling 29 pounds, 13 ounces to win the Bass Fishing League South Carolina Division Super Tournament on Lake Wylie Sunday. For his victory, Rikard earned $5,605. According to .
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 9/22/2014 11:43:24 PM
Fish graduates from training
- COLUMBIA, S.C. — Army Pvt. Megan Fish has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness ...
- 9/14/2014 10:55:37 PM
- Fish-D-Funk™ fish catching wipes are a product of Contec, a leading international manufacturer of wipe products, based in Spartanburg, South Carolina. There are several products in the D-Funk™ line, including Fish-D-Funk™ odor removal wipes ...
- Outdoors FIRST
- 9/14/2014 3:38:58 PM
DNR, DHEC investigating dead fish at Lake Hartwell
- ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) - The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources out of Columbia is working to figure out how several thousand fish died, just days after a water treatment plan went into effect. (9/11/2014)
- 9/11/2014 10:44:52 PM
Fish fry brings democratic speakers to Aiken
- The 12th annual Democratic Party Fish Fry will be held Sept. 18 and will offer insight into the positions of several Democratic candidates in South Carolina. The fish fry is intended to be a casual event where people can eat food, talk politics and listen
- Aiken Standard
- 9/10/2014 5:52:33 PM
Fishing store opens in Columbia’s Five Points
- Sport fishing has been on the rise in South Carolina, particularly saltwater fishing, according to Brett Witt, spokesman for the S.C. Department of Natural Resources. The sport has gained some buoyancy as more residents move to the coast and development ..
- The State South Carolina's Homepage
- 9/5/2014 12:19:04 AM
Perry Marvin makes big 'splash' in Bass Fishing
- Perry Marvin is a Junior World Champion. "I had the pleasure of qualifying to fish in the TBF Junior World Championship in South Carolina, and I had the opportunity to win the Junior World Championship down there and it was a great time." For these junior
- 8/24/2014 9:11:41 PM
Man who died while fishing identified
- An Andrews man was killed as he was fishing in the Lamberttown community this morning. The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources is investigating the incident that occurred at about 10:20 a.m. near a boat landing off of Sandhole Road, according to
- SOUTH STRAND NEWS
- 8/19/2014 8:41:49 PM
Professional Westport angler to compete in 'Super Bowl of bass fishing'
- And Joe Wood, 31, of Westport, is part of it. Wood is one of 45 anglers competing in the Forrest Wood Cup, set for Aug. 14-17 on Lake Murray, in the Columbia, South Carolina, area. “This is the Super Bowl of bass fishing,” said Wood, who left on ...
- 8/8/2014 8:30:24 AM
Fish dying in Lowcountry as river dries up
- Thomason and Ross Self, DNR’s freshwater fisheries chief, said people are particularly sensitive to low river flows because of concerns that have surfaced about agricultural withdrawals from rivers in parts of South Carolina. But Thomason said he doesn ...
- The State South Carolina's Homepage
- 7/15/2014 1:42:12 AM
Eating fish from Upstate's waters is a health hazard
- Lower-but-widespread levels of PCBs were found in fish tissue in the Catawba River Basin and the Pee Dee/Yadkin River Basin in North Carolina and South Carolina, Beasley said. The upper section of the Great Pee Dee River in South Carolina has had a mercury
- Greenville Online
- 7/14/2014 11:54:50 PM
Editorial: Anglers need to heed Upstate fish advisories
- A recent warning from the state Department of Health and Environmental Control that fish from more lakes in Upstate South Carolina should not be eaten is a message that needs to be heeded. More sensitive testing has shown that more lakes than previously ..
- Greenville Online
- 7/14/2014 4:16:42 PM
Santee Cooper Lakes, South Carolina: Catfish
- Anyone who ever watched Hillbilly Handfishin’ on Animal Planet (hello? anyone?) might think that the only way to catch a catfish is to feed it your arm. Not so. But you are going to need some strong tackle and a lot of stamina if you head to these ...
- Men's Journal
- 7/12/2014 11:57:12 PM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.