South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
The simple pleasures of pond fishing
- In such situations every fish you catch and keep improves the pond ... There are also a number of public fishing ponds in this area. Visiting the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources website will tell you their locations and the days they ...
- Rock Hill Herald
- 7/25/2015 9:08:05 PM
Broadway at the Beach still booming after 20 years
- Both “New England Fishing Villages” have gabled roofs and wood siding ... “Broadway at the Beach is proud to be the No. 1 visited attraction in South Carolina,” said Jim Powalie, Broadway’s general manager. “Broadway will continue to be ...
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 7/25/2015 8:57:57 AM
Yamaha Marine Group Applauds Passage of H.R. 1335
- Washington D.C., June 2, 2015 – Yamaha Marine Group, along with a coalition of organizations representing the recreational boating and fishing communities ... They key word used around this South Carolina gem along the Atlantic Coast is fun.
- St. Augustine News
- 7/23/2015 1:39:29 PM
South Carolina editorial roundup
- "Whether you have a passion for deep sea sports fishing or enjoy casting your lure ... Limit the amount of fish being eaten from many bodies of water in South Carolina. The leading risk is mercury poisoning. The cause of elevated mercury levels in certain
- Fresno Bee
- 7/22/2015 7:45:45 PM
Does fishing make corals sick?
- The authors conclude that when anglers fish on reefs, the fishing equipment can scar corals ... Smith, a microbial ecologist specializing in coral at the University of South Carolina Aiken, who was not involved in the study. “Damage or change to the ...
- 7/20/2015 2:33:09 PM
Fishing guide Liles to speak at July Trout Unlimited meeting
- The guest speaker will be Brownie Liles, fishing guide and managing partner of the Watauga River Lodge, located on the beautiful Watauga River in Carter County. Originally from South Carolina ... pointers on how to catch fish on the Watauga.
- Times News
- 7/20/2015 11:19:53 AM
Anti-Gun Violence Group Calls on Cabela's to Change 'Loophole'
- The petition comes one month after a mass shooting in Charleston, South Carolina left nine people dead ... The wait may be up for fisherman according to the department of fish, wildlife and parks. Wildlife managers say the hot summer weather poses a ...
- 7/20/2015 8:13:46 AM
Warnings about mercury in fish not to be ignored
- “Whether you have a passion for deep sea sports fishing or enjoy casting your lure ... Limit the amount of fish being eaten from many bodies of water in South Carolina. The leading risk is mercury poisoning. The cause of elevated mercury levels in ...
- Times and Democrat
- 7/20/2015 4:53:20 AM
Same redfish, same spots, same location four days apart for Waits’ clients
- The fish, which weighed 28 pounds, had to be returned to the water. In South Carolina any redfish that measures more than 23 inches long must be released. Waits, who was fishing aboard his 24-foot boat Trophy Hunter out of Isle of Palms Marina, said he’s .
- The Post and Courier
- 7/18/2015 11:53:52 PM
As I See It: Déjà vu and the Flag of the Confederacy
- I spent last week fishing at a remote location in Canada ... we had to journey back to normality far sooner than we wanted to. I heard on the radio how South Carolina had decided to remove the Flag of the Confederacy from the State Capitol grounds and ...
- Pine And Lakes News
- 7/17/2015 5:49:59 PM
Outdoors column: Reel Passion brings in Governor’s Cup title
- “(The Dominican Republic is) a great place to fish, but I was so glad to be home,'' said Ingram. “There's nothing like fishing out of Charleston and the Governor's Cup. I'd give it all up for fishing out of South Carolina. There's just something about it.
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 7/16/2015 10:23:11 PM
Trying to Get Bike Thieves to Bite; Detroit Just Adores Its Jersey Seal
- DEAD STICKING FOR THIEVES: We have a new brand of fishing surfacing in Long Beach Township ... by the inane downing of the Confederate-esque South Carolina state flag. Regardless of the superficial appropriateness, removing that flag from public service ..
- The Sandpaper
- 7/16/2015 3:42:19 PM
Lakes in Chester, Lancaster counties closed until 2017 for renovation
- Two South Carolina impoundments, Lake Oliphant in Chester County and ... “Many small ponds and lakes periodically need to be drained and restocked in order to produce good fishing,” the wildlife agency indicated in a release. “This involves draining ...
- Charlotte Observer
- 7/16/2015 12:11:45 AM
Myrtle Beach leaders turn down chumming proposal
- The ordinance would have amended part of the City of Myrtle Beach’s regulations on recreational fishing from piers. City council initially proposed amending the regulations after several shark attacks on neighboring North and South Carolina beaches.
- 7/14/2015 3:59:01 PM
Coast Guard rescues 4 boaters off South Carolina coast
- CHARLESTON, S.C. — The Coast Guard has rescued two men and two 11-year-old boys off the South Carolina coast after their fishing boat was found overturned ... detailing the area where they intended to fish.
- Island Packet Online
- 7/14/2015 12:14:07 AM
Wild Dunes: One of the Best Family-Friendly Resorts for Beach Lovers
- Isle of Palms, a barrier island off the coast of South Carolina is only about a half an hour drive from ... But our favorite activity was shark fishing. While one of my sons reeled in a shark, my other son spent a good fifteen minutes hauling what we ...
- 7/13/2015 4:07:21 PM
DHEC updates warnings about mercury in fish
- COLUMBIA - Fishing in South Carolina is a summer hobby for many people, and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control has updated the fish-consumption advisory to help the public identify which fish are safe to eat and which fish to
- Times and Democrat
- 7/12/2015 9:42:00 AM
Giant shrimp pulled from St. Johns River
- AS SHRIMPERS WITH THE TROUT RIVER FISHING COMPANY THEY STUMBLED UPON SOMETHING THAT ... THEY COME OUT OF NORTH SANTEE AND SOUTH CAROLINA. THEY WERE FARM RAISING THEM THERE, AND WHEN HURRICANE HUGO COMES IN, THAT RELEASED THE SHRIMP INTO THE WILD.
- News 4 Jax
- 7/11/2015 3:38:06 AM
Shark expert gives tips on avoiding encounters
- he believes the amount of fish ... who are fishing. last, don't wear shiny jewlery. the reflection could attract their attention and bring them closer to you! live in nags head, nm, wdbj 7. a danville The beaches of North and South Carolina are some ...
- WDBJ 7
- 7/11/2015 12:10:31 AM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.