South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
Fish Trial: Sea Fox 288 Commander
- Ryan Balderson and Jeff McNiven loaded a pile of fishing tackle, snacks and safety gear aboard the Sea Fox 288 Commander as it bobbed dockside at Bristol Marina in Charleston, South Carolina. Balderson, Sea Fox vice president of product development and a
- Sport Fishing
- 11/25/2015 4:47:41 PM
Sport fishing’s popularity fuels its powerful lobby
- The four men, professionals in their 20s and 30s, are the face of the new power brokers in coastal and offshore fishing — recreational anglers who virtually have supplanted the commercial industry in South Carolina as a lobbying force for fishing rules.
- The Post and Courier
- 11/22/2015 5:24:03 AM
Gills Creek the focus of contaminated fish study
- Miarka said the study will be done in conjunction with the University of South Carolina-Aiken and should start in the next several months. Fish tissue will be sampled for the presence of mercury. Mercury is a powerful toxin that can lead to nervous system
- The State South Carolina's Homepage
- 11/19/2015 8:22:23 PM
Ladder for Little Fish on Long Island
- But populations of those fish have been declining throughout their range, from South Carolina to Labrador. According to Harold, many of the historic spawning grounds along the Atlantic coast were made inaccessible to fish when streams were dammed for power
- The Center for Public Intergrity
- 11/19/2015 8:05:05 AM
High-tech fishing uses electric charge to study fish population
- It's just enough to slow the fish down -- for the sake of research. Overcast skies and light rain couldn't keep the crew from the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources off the water. It's something they do every month with their specialized high .
- 11/11/2015 4:25:30 AM
FISHING FORECAST: Angling conditions improving as high tides recede
- Another bull redfish action report came from Capt. Michael Purvis (Fishing With Mike Charters, 912-659-1838) who with James King was fishing nearby South Carolina waters last week where the bite apparently was about as good as it can get. Many that were ..
- 11/4/2015 6:06:52 AM
1,600 fish stocked at Chris Taylor Park
- The decision to add bluegill, purchased an hour earlier from Griff’s in Pendleton, was made on the recommendation of South Carolina Department of Natural Resources officials. The bluegill is a species of small freshwater fish sometimes referred to as ...
- Anderson Independent-Mail
- 10/28/2015 6:36:39 AM
SCDNR to host Socastee Youth Fishing Rodeo
- SOCASTEE, SC (WMBF) – The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources will host the Socastee Youth Fishing Rodeo on Saturday, October 24, at the Sayebrook Pond near Petco from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. for all youth 15 years of age or younger, according to .
- WMBF NEWS
- 10/17/2015 3:43:34 AM
Follow Up To Cup Was Success For Gagliardi
- It was just another season for the South Carolina native. But it didn’t start how he wanted it to after a 71st-place finish at the Lake Toho FLW Tour. “I wasn’t on a whole lot, but I was around big fish,” he said. “I caught a 9-pounder on day 1 ...
- 10/15/2015 4:00:16 AM
Flooding effects on fish and wildlife still being determined
- How it has affected, and will affect, fish and wildlife in the state is still being determined. Even in mid-storm, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control issued a closure on the gathering of clams and oysters from the North ...
- The Post and Courier
- 10/10/2015 2:28:58 PM
People are fishing in flooded South Carolina parking lots
- Flooding in South Carolina this week caused extensive damage to homes and businesses in many cities and towns, but it has given us a new sport: Parking Lot Fishing. It’s a sport where you fish in a parking lot. The skill on display here is impressive.
- USA Today Sports For The Win
- 10/5/2015 2:17:35 AM
Fishing tournament draws 25 schools to Six Mile
- All school and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources regulations were observed during the tournament, including mandated fishing licenses. All were required to be largemouth, spotted, redeye or small mouth bass that reached a minimum of at least .
- Pickens Sentinel
- 10/2/2015 2:38:27 PM
Area series touts high school fishing
- High school bass fishing teams have been a rapidly growing segment of high school sports the past few years across the country and particularly in South Carolina. While the sport has been strongly supported by SCDNR and affiliations with major tournament .
- Greenville Online
- 10/1/2015 2:03:51 PM
Lawmaker correct to oppose closing more offshore areas to fishing
- these proposed spawning Special Management Zones are not part of any fishery rebuilding plan and duplicate 700 square miles of existing no-fishing Marine Protected Areas (170 square miles are off South Carolina’s coast) that were put in place for the ...
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 9/30/2015 8:17:16 PM
FISHING FORECAST: High tides a boon to marsh hen hunters
- South Carolina’s first segment ends today and reopens again Oct. 25 for a run through Dec. 27. While we didn’t expect to hear a lot of chatter about coastal fishing through the past weekend and into the current week, there apparently were fish caught ...
- 9/30/2015 6:12:35 AM
Protecting offshore spawning areas is good for fish, fishermen
- Restricting some fishing in the proposed spawning protection zones is a small price to pay for potentially big payback, for recreational, commercial fishers, tourists and associated businesses in South Carolina. Third, contrary to the claim that eight ...
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 9/27/2015 1:18:29 PM
Norfolk-based USS Ramage aids stranded fishing boat
- Truman Carrier Strike Group, helped a stranded fishing vessel on Sept. 18th. While conducting a training exercise off the coast of South Carolina, Ramage lookouts sighted a red flare. Upon further inspection the crew spotted the King Fisher II dead in the
- News Channel3
- 9/22/2015 2:00:12 PM
National Hunting and Fishing Day is coming up this month
- National Hunting and Fishing Day, on Sept. 26, offers a number of free opportunities for sportsmen and their families in Georgia and South Carolina. The 50-year-old McDuffie Public Fishing Area near Dearing, has an outdoor adventure day scheduled for kids
- 9/10/2015 10:49:50 PM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.