South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
Fishing tournament draws 25 schools to Six Mile
- All school and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources regulations were observed during the tournament, including mandated fishing licenses. All were required to be largemouth, spotted, redeye or small mouth bass that reached a minimum of at least .
- Pickens Sentinel
- 10/2/2015 2:38:27 PM
Area series touts high school fishing
- High school bass fishing teams have been a rapidly growing segment of high school sports the past few years across the country and particularly in South Carolina. While the sport has been strongly supported by SCDNR and affiliations with major tournament .
- Greenville Online
- 10/1/2015 2:03:51 PM
Lawmaker correct to oppose closing more offshore areas to fishing
- these proposed spawning Special Management Zones are not part of any fishery rebuilding plan and duplicate 700 square miles of existing no-fishing Marine Protected Areas (170 square miles are off South Carolina’s coast) that were put in place for the ...
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 9/30/2015 8:17:16 PM
FISHING FORECAST: High tides a boon to marsh hen hunters
- South Carolina’s first segment ends today and reopens again Oct. 25 for a run through Dec. 27. While we didn’t expect to hear a lot of chatter about coastal fishing through the past weekend and into the current week, there apparently were fish caught ...
- 9/30/2015 6:12:35 AM
Protecting offshore spawning areas is good for fish, fishermen
- Restricting some fishing in the proposed spawning protection zones is a small price to pay for potentially big payback, for recreational, commercial fishers, tourists and associated businesses in South Carolina. Third, contrary to the claim that eight ...
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 9/27/2015 1:18:29 PM
Norfolk-based USS Ramage aids stranded fishing boat
- Truman Carrier Strike Group, helped a stranded fishing vessel on Sept. 18th. While conducting a training exercise off the coast of South Carolina, Ramage lookouts sighted a red flare. Upon further inspection the crew spotted the King Fisher II dead in the
- News Channel3
- 9/22/2015 2:00:12 PM
National Hunting and Fishing Day is coming up this month
- National Hunting and Fishing Day, on Sept. 26, offers a number of free opportunities for sportsmen and their families in Georgia and South Carolina. The 50-year-old McDuffie Public Fishing Area near Dearing, has an outdoor adventure day scheduled for kids
- 9/10/2015 10:49:50 PM
Sunrise Lake fishing to be improved
- This program provides more than 1,500 acres of public fishing waters to the South Carolina anglers. These lakes provide anglers with opportunities for bank fishing, and with boat launching facilities, fishing piers (some include mobility-impaired access ..
- Herald Independent
- 9/9/2015 9:17:57 PM
Goodson to fish at Bethel University
- I just say thank you so much.” Goodson is a five-time bass fishing state qualifier. He won the 2014 South Carolina High School Bassmaster State Championship with team member Steven Younginer, and he also had two second-place finishes. Bethel coach Garry ..
- 9/3/2015 12:49:41 PM
S.C. State Alumni hold membership drive, fish fry
- The South Carolina State University Alumni Association held a membership drive and fish fry Thursday night at The Premiere on Five Chop Road, where the school's head football coach Buddy Pough answered questions about his team and the upcoming season.
- Times and Democrat
- 8/29/2015 2:47:09 AM
- Entry fee is $50 per boat with an optional $10 big fish pot fee. Four categories: panfish, bass, striper/hybrid and catfish.The South Carolina Barbecue Association-sanctioned cook-off judging will be held, paying $3,600 in prize money. Barbecue sandwiches
- 8/27/2015 9:40:32 PM
Walmart Bass Fishing League Preview for Saturday, August 29m
- the Piedmont division tackles Kerr Lake and the South Carolina division fishes on Lake Wylie. Up to 400 boaters and co-anglers will be casting for top prizes of up to $11,000 and $4,500 in the two-day Super Tournaments. NOTES: The bass fishing on the Ohio
- Fishing World
- 8/27/2015 6:34:25 PM
Georgetown reels in big-time fishing tournaments
- The city has established an especially strong relationship with the IFA Redfish Tour, which has five divisions and 10 tournaments in four states from South Carolina to Texas on the 2015 schedule. Both events in the tour's Atlantic Division were scheduled .
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 8/23/2015 11:54:08 PM
Conrad Royce Hutto, 80, US Air Force pilot who enjoyed golfing, fishing
- He enjoyed golfing in his earlier years, loved to fish and was an avid University of South Carolina Gamecock fan. He was the son of the late Rueben Aaron and Queenie Clark Hutto, of Leesville. He was preceded in death by his wife, Betty Reynolds Hutto ...
- 8/21/2015 7:14:20 AM
A lost treasure found, Vicious colored minnows
- It was an accident of sorts. The outcome stirred the fishing world. The intent of South Carolina pest control guy, Harold Collins, was to create a way to keep his minnows alive longer. Collins concocted a mixture of chemicals that he thought would do the .
- 8/20/2015 12:37:39 PM
Georgetown Hole plan would ban bottom fishing across 15 square miles
- In South Carolina, a federal plan is in development to cut off bottom fishing across 15 square miles of the fabled Georgetown Hole, among eight other fish-spawning bottoms in the Southeast, reports the Post and Courier. Georgetown Hole, according to the ..
- 8/12/2015 4:14:43 PM
Could the Chesapeake be tougher than the Delaware?
- “I fished all day Monday and Tuesday without a single bite,” says the perplexed South Carolina pro. “This is by far the toughest fishing of my nine seasons on the Elite Series. It’s tougher than the Sabine River, and as tough as the Delaware River ...
- 8/12/2015 4:07:34 PM
Chickamauga Lake Named One Of Top 20 Largemouth Bass Fishery In America
- Wired2Fish.com, a freshwater fishing website, selected Chickamauga Lake as ... One hundred fishermen from as far as South Carolina came to fish and celebrate National EMS Week on May ... (click for more) The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has released
- 8/11/2015 2:39:52 AM
Bottom fishing soon to be banned at Georgetown Hole?
- Those huge fish are mostly gone today ... The Council for Sustainable Fishing, an advocacy group for seafood business interests in the South Carolina and neighboring states, opposes it, because the sanctuaries would put hundreds more acres off-limits ...
- The Post and Courier
- 8/10/2015 6:18:47 PM
Nature continues to mold changes at Sadlers Creek
- He (Lollis) showed us how to fish from the bank,” Huskey said ... Christie, a 33-year veteran of the South Carolina State Park system, said the latest change at the park involves technology. He sees plenty of cellphones, and fields questions about ...
- Anderson Independent-Mail
- 8/10/2015 4:28:26 AM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.