South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
S.C. State Alumni hold membership drive, fish fry
- The South Carolina State University Alumni Association held a membership drive and fish fry Thursday night at The Premiere on Five Chop Road, where the school's head football coach Buddy Pough answered questions about his team and the upcoming season.
- Times and Democrat
- 8/29/2015 2:47:09 AM
- Entry fee is $50 per boat with an optional $10 big fish pot fee. Four categories: panfish, bass, striper/hybrid and catfish.The South Carolina Barbecue Association-sanctioned cook-off judging will be held, paying $3,600 in prize money. Barbecue sandwiches
- 8/27/2015 9:40:32 PM
Walmart Bass Fishing League Preview for Saturday, August 29m
- the Piedmont division tackles Kerr Lake and the South Carolina division fishes on Lake Wylie. Up to 400 boaters and co-anglers will be casting for top prizes of up to $11,000 and $4,500 in the two-day Super Tournaments. NOTES: The bass fishing on the Ohio
- Fishing World
- 8/27/2015 6:34:25 PM
Georgetown reels in big-time fishing tournaments
- The city has established an especially strong relationship with the IFA Redfish Tour, which has five divisions and 10 tournaments in four states from South Carolina to Texas on the 2015 schedule. Both events in the tour's Atlantic Division were scheduled .
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 8/23/2015 11:54:08 PM
Conrad Royce Hutto, 80, US Air Force pilot who enjoyed golfing, fishing
- He enjoyed golfing in his earlier years, loved to fish and was an avid University of South Carolina Gamecock fan. He was the son of the late Rueben Aaron and Queenie Clark Hutto, of Leesville. He was preceded in death by his wife, Betty Reynolds Hutto ...
- 8/21/2015 7:14:20 AM
A lost treasure found, Vicious colored minnows
- It was an accident of sorts. The outcome stirred the fishing world. The intent of South Carolina pest control guy, Harold Collins, was to create a way to keep his minnows alive longer. Collins concocted a mixture of chemicals that he thought would do the .
- 8/20/2015 12:37:39 PM
Georgetown Hole plan would ban bottom fishing across 15 square miles
- In South Carolina, a federal plan is in development to cut off bottom fishing across 15 square miles of the fabled Georgetown Hole, among eight other fish-spawning bottoms in the Southeast, reports the Post and Courier. Georgetown Hole, according to the ..
- 8/12/2015 4:14:43 PM
Could the Chesapeake be tougher than the Delaware?
- “I fished all day Monday and Tuesday without a single bite,” says the perplexed South Carolina pro. “This is by far the toughest fishing of my nine seasons on the Elite Series. It’s tougher than the Sabine River, and as tough as the Delaware River ...
- 8/12/2015 4:07:34 PM
Chickamauga Lake Named One Of Top 20 Largemouth Bass Fishery In America
- Wired2Fish.com, a freshwater fishing website, selected Chickamauga Lake as ... One hundred fishermen from as far as South Carolina came to fish and celebrate National EMS Week on May ... (click for more) The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has released
- 8/11/2015 2:39:52 AM
Bottom fishing soon to be banned at Georgetown Hole?
- Those huge fish are mostly gone today ... The Council for Sustainable Fishing, an advocacy group for seafood business interests in the South Carolina and neighboring states, opposes it, because the sanctuaries would put hundreds more acres off-limits ...
- The Post and Courier
- 8/10/2015 6:18:47 PM
Nature continues to mold changes at Sadlers Creek
- He (Lollis) showed us how to fish from the bank,” Huskey said ... Christie, a 33-year veteran of the South Carolina State Park system, said the latest change at the park involves technology. He sees plenty of cellphones, and fields questions about ...
- Anderson Independent-Mail
- 8/10/2015 4:28:26 AM
Fishermen snag huge tiger shark off South Carolina
- Michael Huff reeled in the big guy while fishing about a mile off Folly Beach in South Carolina. Huff said he couldn't get him ... Huff said he once reeled in a 1,200 pound fish.
- 8/9/2015 7:42:53 AM
State eyes protecting the tiger shark
- The South Carolina Aquarium hosts Shark Week ... A bill now in the state Legislature would restrict fishing for tigers to catch-and-release to protect the large predator and help keep an ecosystem healthy by culling the weak and diseased of other species.
- The Post and Courier
- 8/6/2015 9:58:17 PM
Whirling disease’ infects Watauga River trout near Boone
- Infected fish “whirl” forward in an ... who might have the microscopic parasite on their fishing equipment, waders and boats.” Observer News Services S.C. dove hunting season opens Sept. 5 South Carolina once again will have a four-segment dove ...
- Charlotte Observer
- 8/5/2015 4:30:11 PM
- She has also worked for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers as a park ranger and the Arkansas Game & Fish ... hunting, fishing and crafting. For more information regarding these entities and their activities, visit www.scbar.org. The South Carolina Bar ...
- Mourtrie News
- 8/5/2015 2:49:58 PM
Commercial fishermen haul in 800-pound, 13-foot tiger shark
- There’s a spot off the South Carolina coast where the fishing appears to be good if you like big sharks. The Post and Courier of Charleston reports (http://bit.ly/1JKBOKe) commercial anglers Seasonal Seafood caught an 800-pound, 13-foot tiger shark ...
- 8/5/2015 2:14:11 PM
Prosecutor: White officer panicked before shooting black man
- He was charged just hours after the September 2013 shooting, before black men died during arrests or while in custody in Ferguson, Missouri; North Charleston, South Carolina ... who went missing after they went fishing, days after the U.S. Coast Guard ...
- 8/4/2015 9:36:11 AM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.