Arizona Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Arizona?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Arizona Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Arizona Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Arizona's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Arizona Game and Fish Department
- Arizona State Land Department - Natural Resources Division
Arizona Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Arizona.
Montana State's Fish owns piece of Ducks' run to Final Four
- Arizona. “I’ve never been this excited,” said Fish, who, like many coaches, regularly attends the Final Four. “I’ve got to pull out a Ducks shirt for Saturday and root them on. A lot of teams don’t get there. “Coach and I have talked a couple ...
- Billings Gazette
- 3/30/2017 12:45:00 AM
Javelina bites Oro Valley woman, AZ Game and Fish issues warning
- As they did, the woman was bitten. The Arizona Game and fish Department has issued a warning for desert dwellers that dogs and javelina do not mix. “If you see javelina while walking your dog, go in the opposite direction. Javelina can’t tell the ...
- ABC 15 Taking Action
- 3/29/2017 10:20:00 PM
Some fish stories turn into science experiments
- While digging around for more information about the 48-pound trophy, I eventually worked my way through friends, acquaintances and websites to fishaz.org, a product of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. There I found a photo of a bearded angler holding
- Las Vegas Review-Journal
- 3/29/2017 6:35:00 PM
Record Breaking Fish Caught at Lake Mary
- A very wet year in northern Arizona has caused the Upper Lake Mary dam to overflow for the first time since 2010. Increased water levels have created ideal fishing conditions. This Sunday, a record breaking catch was made at Lake Mary. Fisherman Carson ...
- 3/29/2017 4:37:00 AM
State Record Catfish Likely 30-Plus Years Old
- A recently caught state record catfish might be as old as the 30-year-old record it broke, according to the Arizona Game and Fish Department. Carson Pete’s 33.36-pound channel catfish caught Sunday on Upper Mary Lake near Flagstaff, breaking the previous .
- 3/28/2017 2:01:00 PM
Arizona Game, Fish Outdoor Expo Draws Record Crowd on Saturday
- PHOENIX, Ariz.-(Ammoland.com)-The Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Outdoor Expo, presented by Shikar Safari Club International, drew a record one-day crowd yesterday of 24,700 visitors. “If you didn’t get a chance to visit the Expo Saturday, you ...
- Ammo Land
- 3/27/2017 4:10:00 PM
Kayak Fishing Maui: The Magic of the Islands
- Learn more about Fish Village and how they can set you up on a kayak fishing trip of a lifetime: www.fishvillage.com The Arizona Cardinals have three of the first 77 picks in the NFL Draft, but could scoop up an additional selection or two with a trade.
- 3/26/2017 2:23:00 PM
Mandeville area on Lake Pontchartrain
- I don't have a boat, so will be fishing from from shore/jetty's/piers. Most interested in saltwater since as an Arizona boy, it's something new. Hoping for a little input from locals on what to fish for this time of year and where to go. Just enough info .
- Louisiana Sportsman
- 3/25/2017 4:30:00 AM
Arizona: Motorized Access to Agua Fria River at Lake Pleasant Opens Today
- PHOENIX -- Motorized access to the upper arm of the Agua Fria River at Lake Pleasant will again be available thanks to a special development project of the Arizona Game and Fish Department's Boating Access Program. Through the cooperative efforts of the ..
- 3/24/2017 6:23:00 AM
Fish turns attention to offseason after losing father
- Fish’s mother, Donna, had just arrived in Reno but turned around. Fish left for the airport less than four hours after sitting in the postgame news conference and stopped in Arizona for a prearranged recruiting visit before continuing to Indianapolis.
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle
- 3/24/2017 2:49:00 AM
Lake Paddlemore Returns to Arizona Outdoors Expo March 25-26
- PHOENIX – Hit the water and take a short paddle around the 90,000-gallon kayaking pond at the Arizona Game and Fish Department's Outdoor Expo, presented by Shikar Safari Club International. Admission and parking are free for the family-friendly, hands-on .
- 3/23/2017 6:14:00 AM
Arizona GFD Wildlife Assets to Be Auctioned at Outdoor Expo This Weekend
- Antlers, hides, head mounts and more will be in high demand PHOENIX —The Arizona Game and Fish Department will auction its annual collection of wildlife assets March 25-26 during the 2017 Outdoor Expo at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility, just west of ...
- 3/23/2017 6:14:00 AM
Border wall could threaten endangered northern jaguar
- "We don't have a stance on the wall because we don't really know how it's going to be configured," said Mark Hart, an Arizona Game and Fish spokesperson. The northern jaguar is native to New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico. At the International Wildlife Museum
- KOB 4
- 3/22/2017 4:34:00 AM
Not your same old Lenten fish fry: Try some fish tacos
- Rubio now operates more than 193 Rubio’s Coastal Grill’s in California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah and Nevada. His restaurants have sold more than 200 million fish tacos according to www.rubios.com It’s that southern California street food style that ...
- Bradenton Herald
- 3/21/2017 9:08:00 PM
Chevlon Lake hot for rainbow trout right now
- Chevelon Lake is definitely off the beaten path, but it is worth the trip right now in the early spring for plenty of fishing action for quality rainbows and maybe a giant brown. Good luck fishing this spring in God’s creation, the Arizona high country.
- Payson Roundup
- 3/21/2017 7:33:00 PM
Game & Fish seeks tortoise homes
- Arizona wildlife officials are looking for good homes for nearly 100 desert tortoises. The state Game and Fish’s Department’s tortoise adoption program says the tortoises are available for adoption by residents who can provide securely enclosed yards ...
- Daily Courier
- 3/21/2017 1:30:00 PM
Brett Hite Breaks Down Conroe
- None more so than Arizona based Simms Pro, Brett Hite. Hite won the very first Elite event he competed in (Lake Seminole, Georgia in 2014), and has rang up an astounding 11 top 10 finishes in the 33 tour-level events he’s fished since qualifying that year.
- 3/17/2017 4:24:00 PM
Wild brown trout lurk in Horton Creek
- Arizona Game and Fish Department does not stock brown trout in Tonto Creek, only rainbows. There are a limited number of camping sites at the Upper Tonto Creek Campground, but it is a great place to camp. You can fish Horton Creek as well as Tonto Creek ..
- Payson Roundup
- 3/17/2017 12:13:00 PM
Arizona Boating Safety Course Offers Rewards
- PHOENIX — Educated boaters are more likely to be safe boaters, that's why the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is encouraging all watergoers to take a boating safety course during the national Spring Aboard campaign March 19 to 25. Those who ...
- 3/17/2017 8:01:00 AM
Game and Fish releases wildlife crossing survey results
- TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - According to the Arizona Department of Game and Fish, more than a thousand animals have used the State Route 77 overpass and underpass wildlife crossing since the project, that cost a total of $9.5 million, opened in 2016. Of the 1,182
- KGUN 9
- 3/15/2017 11:36:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Arizona Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Arizona.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.