California Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in California?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
California Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to California Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of California's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- California Department of Fish and Game
- California Natural Resources Agency
California Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in California.
May 2017 California Department of Fish and Wildlife Calendar
- Various Days — Guided Wetland Tours at Gray Lodge Wildlife Area, 3207 Rutherford Road, Gridley (95948). A wildlife naturalist will lead a group, school or organization on a half-mile route through diverse wetlands. General information includes wildlife ...
- 4/26/2017 10:23:00 PM
Officials approve annual fishing ban for Sacramento River
- Part of the Sacramento River will be closed to fishing in Redding every spring to protect Chinook salmon. Wednesday morning, the California State Fish and Game Commission unanimously approved a permanent fishing closure on part of the river in Redding.
- KRCR News Channel 7
- 4/26/2017 6:33:00 PM
Ferret owners petition California to legalize their pets
- Welcome to the AM Alert, your morning rundown on California policy and politics. To receive it regularly, please sign up here. Will Californians finally be able to declare, loud and proud, that they are ferret owners? The California Fish and Game ...
- TheSacramento Bee
- 4/26/2017 3:51:00 PM
Yellowtail on Fly World Record
- California Yellowtail World Record on Fly Approved! While fly fishing off Mexico’s Guadelupe Island, California angler Paul Chukar Tutunjian caught this 17.9 kg (39 lb 8 oz) California yellowtail (Seriola lalandi) on September 9, 2016 that has earned him .
- 4/26/2017 1:06:00 PM
Reeling in family ties at Pike Run Youth Fishing Festival
- Standing along the side of Pike Run in California, Ryan Dibble patiently shows his stepdaughter Paityn Gajan how to cast her fishing line, using a hand-over-hand technique. Within minutes of the start of the 22nd annual Pike Run Youth Fishing Festival ...
- Herald Standard
- 4/26/2017 6:04:00 AM
Reel Big Fish tops bill for July 13 Roarin’ Summer concert at ZooMontana
- Of that ticket price, $2 will be donated to ZooMontana Reel Big Fish are one of the Southern California ska-punk bands that edged into the mainstream following the mid-'90s success of No Doubt and Sublime. Like most of their peers, they were distinguished
- Billings Gazette
- 4/25/2017 10:34:00 PM
DNA Shows Mountain Lion Entered Home, Took Dog
- DNA evidence confirms the report from last week of a mountain lion possibly entering a California home and taking a pet dog off the bed as the owner slept. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife said in a Monday, April 24, press release that a ...
- 4/25/2017 7:02:00 PM
50 Things Nutritionists Never Eat—So You Shouldn’t Either
- Not only did he personally have a bad experience with it once, but there are many factors you don’t know about that spicy tuna or California roll. Like, how long it’s been sitting there. Or how fresh the fish it. Or, if it’s even real fish to begin with.
- 4/25/2017 5:52:00 PM
Reel Big Fish headline Roarin’ Summer Concert at ZooMontana
- Of that ticket price, $2 will be donated to ZooMontana Reel Big Fish are one of the legions of Southern California ska-punk bands to edge into the mainstream following the mid-'90s success of No Doubt and Sublime. Like most of their peers, they were ...
- Billings Gazette
- 4/25/2017 5:11:00 PM
Big Hike in Fishing and Hunting Licenses Pending
- I know for a fact that I pay $100 for an out of state fishing license for a Montana and $100 for Wyoming out of state, and $120 for a California out of state. We’re charging $56 for a non-resident annual pass here. I think out of state annual licenses ...
- The Mountain Jackpot News
- 4/25/2017 1:28:00 PM
Countdown To Trout Opener: Kayaking To Big Fish
- The two spend lots of time fishing the many spectacular trout fisheries up and down the state of California. Trolling minnow plugs is one of Warren’s go-to tactics. He uses a 6-foot, 6-inch to 7-foot fast-action, medium-power spinning rod rated for 6- to .
- 4/24/2017 11:28:00 PM
Stripers headline in several rivers; northwest streams remain blown out
- Here are the best places to fish in the Sacramento region, Northern California and beyond for the week of April 24. With high water, striper fishing is best from shore at Boyd’s Pump and Yuba City Boat Launch. Shanghai Bend and Star Bend are under water.
- TheSacramento Bee
- 4/24/2017 10:30:00 PM
Fish sold right from the boat: The old ways resurface
- Pennisi, 52, began selling his fish directly a few weeks ago, after obtaining a fish receiver’s license from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and is one of two local fishermen to do so. He said the move keeps him in business and could ...
- San Francisco Chronicle
- 4/24/2017 6:50:00 PM
Okeechobee Flats Bass Fishing
- Mark has a list of accomplishments in the fishing industry a mile long. Mark originally from California moved to Florida, sharpen his northern skills years ago to master guiding on world famous Lake Okeechobee..
- 4/24/2017 1:43:00 PM
Monday, April 24: Things to do in Carson City
- In keeping with Nevada’s rising incomes, the limit has been raised three percent to $98,500. Hello fellow anglers, we have one week to go to the California opening day of trout fishing season. On April 29, 2017 the lakes and steams in Inyo, Mono and ...
- Carson Now
- 4/24/2017 12:31:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be happy to update this list.
California Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in California.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.