Colorado Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Colorado?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Colorado Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Colorado Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Colorado's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources
- Colorado Division of Wildlife
Colorado Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Colorado.
Fly Fishing in Colorado | Return to the Gunnison River to Honor My Dad
- My fishing the Gunnison River had a special feel to it vs. the other places I fished during my trip. It had been 44 years since I had lasted visited with my father. I was 12 years old and we fished a section of the river in Black Canyon. My dad ...
- 8/24/2016 12:42:39 PM
The History of Fly-Fishing in Fifty Flies
- As a former fly fishing guide originally from Western New York, he moved to Colorado and became an early adopter of tenkara which perfectly suited the small, high altitude streams and lakes there. He has not fished a Western-style fly rod for trout since.
- 8/24/2016 2:48:31 AM
Freeman fish fry to help friend
- Tony Freeman claims Kentucky fish and barbecue sauce taste much better than anything available in Colorado, and he's received many compliments on the food during past benefit dinners. Last year's fish fry was a benefit for Mike Kanzler, a Fort Morgan man .
- Fort Morgan Times
- 8/24/2016 1:58:25 AM
Massive Montana Fish Kill
- In the 1990’s in Colorado, another related piscine disorder—Whirling Disease—was spread throughout waterways via myxosporean parasites that attached themselves to felt soled wading boots used by traveling fishermen. Toxic chemical spills are ...
- 8/22/2016 8:30:19 PM
Gerald Almy: The 25 best National Parks for fly fishing
- I count myself grateful to have fished a number of these, including Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Everglades National Park in Florida, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, and perhaps my favorite of all ...
- Northern Virginia Daily
- 8/22/2016 7:33:03 PM
Time to Fly Fish and Talk About the World: Global Week Ahead
- Et cetera. Let your imagination run wild. Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer spoke to the Aspen Institute on Sunday, August 21st. That Colorado alpine locale is another terrific spot to fly fish and enjoy the late summer in the Rockies. He shared with us the U
- 8/22/2016 2:25:15 PM
Seattle Fish brings MSC seafood to Colorado restaurants
- Four Denver, Colorado restaurants have partnered with supplier Seattle Fish Co to put Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified fish on their menus. Bamboo Sushi, To the Wind Bistro and Pub 17 on Welton Street, together with Boulder's Wild Standard and ..
- 8/22/2016 9:38:55 AM
Fish Like a Girl: 6 Women Inspiring Others to Fish
- Maddie Brenneman is the head fly fishing guide at C Lazy U Ranch of Granby, Colorado. She grew up spending her summers sitting on a dock and casting endlessly for little bass near her home in Canada. After learning to fly fish in her early teens she ...
- 8/21/2016 3:23:42 PM
This weeks fishing report
- The North St Vrain in Wild Basin is outstanding with the above dry flies. Fern, Dream, The Loch, Mills, Thunder, Haynach, Loomis, and Lawn are fishing great! Llama Pack trip to Haynach landed a lot of Colorado River Cutthroat, one at 20 inches!
- Estes Park Trail Gazette
- 8/19/2016 3:33:14 PM
Fish Fry for local school scholarships to be annual event
- For $25, attendees will receive an all-you-can-eat fish, fries and coleslaw dinner. Hosted at the Colorado River Fairgrounds, the event’s social hours will start at 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., with dinner from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., and dancing from 9 p.m. to midnight.
- 8/19/2016 5:53:24 AM
18 club members, guest fish monthly tournament at Lake Buchanan
- His second was caught on a Chartruse and white spinner bait with Colorado Blades in 2 foot of water on a main lake point. His third came about 3 to 4 minutes before the end of the tourney fishing bushes near the landing on the main lake in 12 feet of water
- Killeen Daily Herald
- 8/19/2016 4:27:30 AM
Santa Maria Trout Club hosts veterans through Healing Waters Fly Fishing
- CREEDE—The Santa Maria Trout Club in conjunction with Santa Maria Reservoir Company hosted nine veterans from the Colorado Springs and Pueblo area representing Healing Waters Fly Fishing Project July 22-25. This program is dedicated to the physical and ...
- Mineral County Miner
- 8/18/2016 4:38:50 PM
Wickstrom: Bass fishing in Colorado? You bet your boats.
- Let me introduce you to the 2016 National High School Bass Fishing Champions from the renowned bass fishing state of Colorado. Wait a minute. We fish for trout in Colorado and we do have pretty good walleye fishing in our western reservoirs but can you ...
- Denver Post
- 8/18/2016 2:37:09 PM
Thousands of fish dead in Arroyo Colorado
- RIO HONDO — It got a little fishy on the Arroyo Colorado earlier this week. On Monday, thousands of fish were found floating dead in the water. “You could smell them even before you could see them,” said Al Ziegelgruber, 77, a Rio Hondo resident.
- The Brownsville Herald
- 8/18/2016 9:36:30 AM
Harvey Gap fishing limits lifted due to maintenance
- A popular reservoir north of Silt is being drained to allow inspection of the dam outlet structure, prompting Colorado Parks and Wildlife to lift normal fishing restrictions there. The Silt Water Conservancy District is having to drain Harvey Gap Reservoir
- The Daily Sentinel
- 8/18/2016 5:25:58 AM
New Scott Flex Rods!
- Each Flex is handcrafted in Montrose, Colorado from start to finish as well. Coming in a full range of sizes from 3 weight to 8 weight, the Flex will cover everything from brook trout to bonefish! These are great rods that fish way out of their price range
- 8/17/2016 9:54:59 PM
Texas Fishing Report
- Channel catfish are fair on stinkbait and shrimp. Yellow catfish are slow. COLORADO RIVER: (At Colorado Bend State Park) No report available. FAYETTE: Water murky. Black bass are fair on chartreuse Carolina rigged soft plastics and small spinnerbaits.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- 8/17/2016 4:40:01 PM
Fishing Colorado goes after the 'ultimate' game fish
- Denver - Carp are the "Mack Truck" of freshwater game fish. They're big, strong, and smart. But you've probably never thought about fishing for them. Professional fishing guide Nathan Zelinsky, of Tightline Outdoors, calls them "the ultimate sport fish of
- Denver Channel ABC News
- 8/17/2016 4:04:14 PM
Fish limits lifted due to reservoir’s draining
- A popular reservoir north of Silt is being drained to allow inspection of the dam outlet structure, prompting Colorado Parks and Wildlife to lift normal fishing restrictions there. CPW said in a news release that the Silt Water Conservancy District is ...
- The Daily Sentinel
- 8/17/2016 3:49:55 PM
Trout eager bite on Colorado fishing trip
- If you want to cool off in July, go to the mountains in Colorado. That's what Bill Pettit and I did, finding new water to fish and trails to hike. Friends were made, including a pair of mule deer who decided to watch me fish from close range in the middle
- NWA Online
- 8/16/2016 11:19:05 AM
Tenkara Fishing with Karin Miller
- I finally got to fish with Karin Miller of Zen Fly Fishing Gear. For those of you who don’t know, Zen Fly Fishing Gear is a Colorado-based tenkara company that has been consistently producing quality, innovative gear since they first appeared on the ...
- 8/15/2016 2:52:02 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Colorado Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Colorado.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.