Colorado Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Colorado?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Colorado Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Colorado Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Colorado's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources
- Colorado Division of Wildlife
Colorado Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Colorado.
DWR officials find rare fish are spawning in the wild
- Bonytail are the rarest of the endangered fish that live in the upper Colorado River system. "This finding represents a major step forward in recovering the species and ultimately getting it removed from the federal endangered species list," Krissy Wilson
- Deseret News
- 5/3/2016 11:43:24 AM
Gone fishing: Why LSRs are angling for seafood
- Tropical Smoothie cafe, for example, recently added a fish taco made with grilled tilapia, Other concepts are using fish as the base for burgers and salads: Larkburger, a Colorado-based burger chain, for example, offers an ahi tuna burger with a wasabi ...
- Fast Casual
- 5/2/2016 2:07:45 PM
Fish-camera startup baits the hook
- A lot has happened at GoFish since it got the award last October. This year, it got accepted into Telluride Venture Accelerator, a Colorado business incubator program that gives a select group of startups – about six each year – $30,000 (U.S.) each in ...
- Globe and Mail
- 5/2/2016 4:56:34 AM
Lee Catches World Youth Fly Fishing Champion To Lead New Team
- The following year, his team won gold again at America’s Cup in Colorado. According to Dr. DeLoach, Lee’s fly fishing team continues to expand in popularity on campus. Over 100 students have attended the introductory fly fishing class and intermediate ...
- 4/29/2016 9:27:58 PM
Fishing Season Has Arrived in Pagosa Springs
- Pagosa Springs has some of the best fishing in Colorado, offering fishermen (and women) a variety of streams, rivers and mountain lakes to drop a line. The 2016 fishing season opened on April 1 (and runs through March 31, 2017). You can download the 2016 .
- Pagosa Daily Post
- 4/29/2016 6:14:41 PM
Rare Fish Spawns in the Wild for the First Time
- Biologists have some exciting news about the rarest of the endangered fish that live in the upper Colorado River system. For the first time since work to recover bonytail started in the 1980s, they're raising their own young in the wild. "This finding ...
- Emery County Progress
- 4/29/2016 5:53:13 PM
Taiwan ups the ante in protest against seizure of fishing boat
- FORT COLLINS, Colo. - More than 5,600 fish were killed last month in a Colorado river, the result of a chemical runoff from a bridge reconstruction project, according to state parks and wildlife officials. The agency announced Tuesday 26th of April 2016 ..
- 4/29/2016 5:24:35 PM
Thousands of fish die in Colorado, amid flood recovery projects
- This story first appeared on High Country News. In early March, a resident of the small Colorado towns of Drake and Glen Haven — situated within northern Colorado’s Big Thompson River Canyon — reported noticing funky gray water in a side creek of the ...
- The Colorado Independent
- 4/29/2016 3:08:34 PM
Women are not new in fly-fishing — but now companies are paying attention
- Additional data reflects that one in three anglers is female, though that data is not all that accurate, said April Archer, CEO of Colorado-based SaraBella Fishing, since most retail locations don’t capture gender data of their customers. The numbers mig .
- Vail Daily News
- 4/28/2016 8:31:53 PM
Chemical runoff kills 5,600 fish in Colorado
- Colorado Park and Wildlife employees use nets and electric probes to gather trout at the Big Thompson River Tuesday Sept. 30, 2014. CPW officials say a March chemical spill has killed thousands of fish in the river. (Photo: V. Richard Haro/The Coloradoan .
- USA Today
- 4/28/2016 6:51:40 PM
5,600 Fish Killed In Big Thompson After Chemical Spill
- On March 7, chemicals from concrete work along Larimer County Road 43 near Glen Haven seeped into the water, sending a plume downstream, sharply increasing the river’s pH level, and sickening and killing more than 5,600 fish, according to Colorado Parks ..
- 4/28/2016 1:58:10 PM
Thousands of fish die between Drake and Loveland after exposure to chemical
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials confirmed Wednesday that a significant fish kill occurred March 7 on the Lower North Fork of the Big Thompson and mainstream Big Thompson River from Drake downstream to the canyon mouth in west Loveland. Initial ...
- Loveland Reporter Herald
- 4/28/2016 2:45:18 AM
Chemical runoff kills thousands of fish in Big Thompson
- LOVELAND, COLO. - More than 5,600 fish in the Lower North Fork Big Thompson and Big Thompson River died because of chemical runoff, a Colorado Parks and Wildlife statement said. The loss included rainbow and brown trout, suckers and dace swimming between .
- 4/27/2016 6:31:23 PM
Fishing clinic for kids free
- WALSENBURG — Colorado Parks and Wildlife is set to host a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 14 at the kids fishing pond on Lathrop State Park. The clinic is open to children ages 14 and younger who want to learn fishing ...
- The Pueblo Chieftain
- 4/22/2016 10:37:42 AM
Colorado Fishing report
- Reservoir open to boating and water temperature is 43 degrees. Fishing from shore is improving. Most trout are caught using worms, jigs. Perch are becoming more active and anglers report success using bright colored lures, like blue and orange. Don't jig .
- Denver Post
- 4/20/2016 6:36:41 AM
Cross-cultured leader keeps Asahi Foods' promise of perfect sushi fish
- Charlene Thai, a tiny woman in a similar lab coat, hovers nearby, watching over the daily cutting ritual that begins the flow of fresh-cut fish for sushi and sashimi to 200 restaurants in Colorado and surrounding states. "If you see our tuna, it's clean ..
- Denver Post
- 4/17/2016 5:57:18 AM
Fishing report: April 15
- You can also troll downstream from Bertrand Boat Launch with Berkley Flicker Shads and Rapala Original Floating Minnows. Colorado spoons also have been producing numbers of fish. Buffalo River: With the weather warming, the smallmouths should be active soo
- The Springfield News-Leader
- 4/15/2016 12:51:52 AM
CPW hosts Native Fish Information open house tonight in Craig
- RBC I Colorado Parks and Wildlife and its partners with the Upper Colorado River Endangered Fish Recovery Program will host a Native Fish Informational Open House in Craig today from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Craig City Council chambers. The public will have the
- Herald Times
- 4/14/2016 4:02:09 PM
Texas Fishing Report
- Hybrid striper are slow. Crappie are fair on minnows. Channel catfish are slow. Yellow catfish are slow. COLORADO RIVER: (At Colorado Bend State Park) No report available. FAYETTE: Water murky. Black bass are good on shad crankbaits and watermelon a soft .
- The Herald Journal
- 4/13/2016 3:06:04 PM
Needville ISD holds third annual Buddy Fishing Day
- Sara Colorado, a sophomore at Needville High School, teaches Wyatt Geiling how to fish as they relax along the shore of the ag department’s pond adjacent to the campus. The new friends were among some 80 ag students and nearly 40 special needs students ...
- Fort Bend Herald
- 4/11/2016 8:20:25 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Colorado Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Colorado.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.