Nevada Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Nevada?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Nevada Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Nevada Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Nevada's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
Nevada Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Nevada.
Fly Fishing and the Art of Criminal Defense
- One day, a relative of mine with political aspirations managed to persuade the Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia to join him and a group of lawyers and judges for an afternoon of fishing at a small lake in the Sierra Nevada — a place where I’d gone ...
- New York Times
- 10/22/2016 2:50:08 AM
American Lithium finds magnesium a low barrier to lithium at Fish Lake
- "This new information will continue to drive our exploration program as we work to advance our projects in the Fish Lake and Clayton Valleys, Nevada." Previous near surface brines were sampled using a conventional hand-held auger to sample sub surface ...
- 10/21/2016 9:53:39 AM
Southern Nevada fishing report for Oct. 21
- Anglers are finding good action in the mornings and evenings. Boat anglers are having success for both striped bass and black bass. Anchovies have been the bait of choice. Top-water lures like shad-pattern Rapala’s or live bait also have been catching fish
- 10/20/2016 9:29:12 PM
Fly-fishing for trout on Upper Klamath is a raft of fun
- The myriad streams that run down the west flank of the Sierra Nevada — including the Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Merced, Yuba and American — have been hurt by anglers who throw back small fish and keep big ones. The result is rivers with only dinks and not ...
- San Francisco Chronicle
- 10/19/2016 5:24:01 AM
Southern Nevada fishing report for Oct. 14
- Striped bass action has been hit-and-miss. Anglers fishing deep water with jigs have had the best success. There is little surface action, though some anglers have found success with top-water baits. One angler reports that most fish are hanging out in ...
- 10/13/2016 2:56:38 PM
Fishing Report for Oct. 6
- Reno Fly Fishing Outfitters, 775-742-1754. HOBART RESERVOIR: Hobart may be the best bet for anglers in Northern Nevada. Good fishing has been reported using sheep creek special with sinking line. Fly anglers should also try ant patterns, water boatman and
- Reno Gazette-Journal
- 10/6/2016 2:36:18 PM
Monster Fish leave Reno, invade Chattanooga, Tenn
- Following its successful stay at the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum in downtown Reno, Monster Fish: In Search of the Last River Giants opened to the public at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga Oct. 1. The traveling exhibition by National ...
- 10/3/2016 10:25:09 PM
Pyramid Lake open for fishing
- I recommend that you view the 2016 regulations and permit fees at pyramidlake.us. Fishing Pyramid Lake a Nevada license is not required, but you must obtain a tribal permit that may be obtained at the Lake Pyramid Ranger station or the Crosby Lodge.
- 10/1/2016 4:08:08 PM
Joe's Fishing Hole: Finding trout in the shallows
- The cooler wetter weather of the past couple of weeks is turning the tide on trout fishing in northeastern Nevada as trout are starting to come into the shallows looking for food and anglers are starting to take advantage of it. The downside is that there
- Elko Daily Free Press
- 9/30/2016 9:42:46 AM
Fall Fish Fest at Taylor Creek Visitor's Center
- Night Court for South Lake Tahoe Court will be: 3rd Monday in March, July, and November. Fall is a time of transitional beauty in the Sierra Nevada - from fish to foliage, winter coats, and lower sun angles, the landscape takes on new colors and appearance
- 9/30/2016 8:09:43 AM
Denis Peirce: Weather, moon — thumbs up for fishing
- The conclusion is that this hatch has started on the Yuba and probably on other rivers. Pyramid Lake Nevada opens tomorrow, Oct. 1! Denis Peirce writes a fishing column for The Union’s Outdoors section and is host of “The KNCO Fishing & Outdoor Report ...
- The Union
- 9/30/2016 2:18:57 AM
'Monster Fish' lurking at Tennessee Aquarium
- Phone: 1-800-262-0695. › Website: www.tnaqua.org. The College of Science at University of Nevada, Reno, where Zeb Hogan is a researcher, is the educational partner for the “Monster Fish” exhibition and provides support for Hogan’s participation in ...
- Times Free Press
- 9/29/2016 4:00:21 AM
Fishing Report for Sept. 29
- The Nevada side has cooled and is also fishable all day. There are still not many wild fish in the river and that will not change for years to come. The Nevada side took the biggest hit during the drought the last few years and the wild Rainbow population
- Reno Gazette-Journal
- 9/28/2016 2:45:47 PM
“Monster Fish” Exhibition Opens At The Tennessee Aquarium On Saturday
- Dr. Zeb Hogan, University of Nevada Aquatic Ecologist and National Geographic Fellow, has made a career out of collecting fish stories. He’s been on a quest to find, study and protect the world’s remaining freshwater fish that reach epic proportions.
- 9/26/2016 2:05:13 PM
Southern Nevada fishing report for Sept. 23
- Striped bass are still chasing threadfin shad boils near Hemenway Marina and around 33 Hole. Work the outside edges of the boils to catch the line sides. Zara Spooks, Jumpin’ Minnows, pencil poppers and other top-water baits will catch the fish.
- 9/22/2016 9:12:18 PM
'Fish and I' catches Nevada award
- The short cinematic production 'Fish and I', directed, written and acted by Babak Habibifar, won its 52nd award, as the Best International Short Award, at Nevada City Film Festival (NCFF), Mehr News Agency reported. The event's 16th edition was held from .
- 9/18/2016 3:04:48 PM
Southern Nevada fishing report for Sept. 16
- Anglers continue to find early morning striper boils, though they are becoming less frequent. Overall, fishing has slowed in recent days. Windy conditions have made things rough but fishermen are finding some success for everything from catfish to black ba
- 9/15/2016 10:03:33 PM
Johnson rallies from 4th to win U.S. Open
- A veteran of 22 U.S. Opens on Nevada's Lake Mead, Johnson was overwhelmed by the accomplishment. “I absolutely can’t believe that I won this event,” said Johnson, who hosts a fishing TV show in Arizona. “This is one of those things I set a goal to ...
- 9/15/2016 5:21:23 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be happy to update this list.
Nevada Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Nevada.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.