Nevada Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Nevada?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Nevada Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Nevada Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Nevada's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
Nevada Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Nevada.
Southern Nevada fishing report for July 22
- Anglers are finding good striper action in the Boulder Basin and out of Temple Bar. The fish are taking anchovies. Top-water action can be exciting when the striped bass are boiling. Zara Spooks, Jumpin’ Minnows and other similar top-water baits will ...
- 7/21/2016 9:01:07 PM
Learning the fishing basics at Marilyn's Pond
- The Nevada Department of Wildlife hosted How to Teach Your Kid to Fish event to educate people of all ages and skill sets about the basics of fishing. Brody Vincent, 6, and his brother Jason, 8, cast their lines by themselves for the first time.
- Reno Gazette-Journal
- 7/9/2016 3:46:04 PM
The world’s rarest fish lives in an unlikely place
- With about 130 remaining on Earth, the Devils Hole pupfish is the world's rarest fish. Scientists believe the fish has lived in relative isolation just outside of Nevada's Death Valley for about 60,000 years. Follow TI: On Facebook
- The Business Insider
- 7/6/2016 1:26:27 PM
Fish die-off at Clark Co. pond stemming from high temps
- Martin Olson, with the Nevada Department of Wildlife, explained the pond was restocked on Wednesday. The fish deaths appeared to have happened due to the temperature during transport, the temperature in the water or both. Given the extreme heat this time .
- Fox 5 KVVU-TV
- 6/30/2016 1:59:13 AM
Abernathy fish lab 1 of 7 in the country
- The staff works to provide answers for tribes, power companies, universities, non-profits and others in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Idaho. The center was once one of several fish hatcheries that produced salmon to mitigate any damage caused
- 6/29/2016 11:57:31 PM
Southern Nevada fishing report for July 1
- Our creel clerk went to Echo Bay to get some fish stories but not great success out there overall. Another fisherman caught a good mixed bag of stripers, largemouth bass, and smallmouth bass on swimbaits and crankbaits. Fishing has been good for stripers .
- 6/29/2016 5:30:59 PM
Joe's Fishing Hole: Warmer temperatures will mean deeper fish
- We would like to congratulate fourth grader Madison Rockwell of Mound Valley Elementary School in Jiggs for her third-place finish in the Nevada Department of Wildlife’s Free Fishing Day Poster Contest. She was one of 161 contestants from around the ...
- Elko Daily Free Press
- 6/18/2016 4:58:05 AM
Free fishing day in Nevada waters; two kid-oriented events in Reno area
- SPARKS, Nev. (KOLO)--Today is free fishing day for people of all ages in Nevada, but two Truckee Meadows events targeted children. Nevada Free Fishing Day allows people to fish without a license or a trout stamp, although all other limits and regulations .
- KOLO 8 NewsNow
- 6/11/2016 5:45:10 PM
A Big Lithium Catch in Fish Lake Valley is a New Mining Play in Nevada
- In brief, lithium is high-power simplicity. On the periodic table, it sits right below helium, and above all other metals. Because its atoms are so light, its power-to-weight ratio is high, which is a simple measurement to compare the performance of power
- 6/10/2016 4:56:15 PM
Sierra Nevada Fishing Outlook For June 9
- Presentation On ‘Marijuana In The Workplace” Friday At Gold Dust West Matthew Kosifas Named Carson City Regional Manager For Join, Inc. Carson Tahoe Health Unveils Latest Liver Cancer Treatment Gardnerville Town Board Meeting Agenda: June 7 Douglas ...
- 6/9/2016 9:29:27 PM
Free Fishing Day at Kids Fishing Derby
- ELKO — The Nevada Department of Wildlife will host a non-competitive Kids Fishing Derby from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. June 11 at the Chinese Garden Ponds in Carlin. Thanks to the generosity of the Elko Host Lions Club and Cub Scout Pack 850 of Spring Creek ...
- Elko Daily Free Press
- 6/4/2016 4:53:13 AM
Joe's Fishing Hole: NDOW hosting fishing events
- The Nevada Department of Wildlife has a couple of events coming up in the next couple of weeks. First is Free Fishing Day. Free fishing day is next Saturday, June 11. This is the one day of the year that anglers may fish without a license, though all ...
- Elko Daily Free Press
- 6/3/2016 11:06:38 AM
Kids' Fishing Derby this weekend
- Work began on Thursday to stock Willow Creek with 4,000 fish (300 tagged) from the Nevada Department of Wildlife’s Mason Valley Fish Hatchery. Four grand prize raffle items will be given away on Sunday, including two kids quads, a Louisiana Wood Pellet ...
- 6/3/2016 12:00:55 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be happy to update this list.
Nevada Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Nevada.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.