Nevada Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Nevada?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Nevada Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Nevada Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Nevada's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
Nevada Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Nevada.
California: Yellow-Legged Frog Petition Concerns Anglers
- (Sacramento, CA): In a move that could expand a ban on fish stocking from much of the Sierra Nevada to many coastal and valley communities (see map), the Center for Biological Diversity has filed a petition to list the Foothill yellow-legged frog (Rana ...
- 2/10/2017 7:43:00 AM
A Fish That Only Lives in Death Valley
- Devil’s Hole is a detached 40-acre unit of Death Valley National Park that sits in Nevada. The pool at Devil’s Hole is small but reaches a depth of 400 feet. While there are other species of pupfish around the world, this is the only place where the ...
- 2/6/2017 6:01:00 PM
American Lithium has a commanding position at Fish Lake, Nevada
- American Lithium (CVE:LI) put together a C$1.5 mln fundraising early in January 2017 primarily to help it move forward with planned exploration work at its Fish Lake project in Nevada. Previously it had been intended to earmark some funds towards a project
- Proactive Investors UK
- 1/31/2017 12:28:00 PM
Video: Jungle-Fishing for Rainbows in Costa Rica
- This cool video from Backwater Fly Fishing shows that the water itself is not so different from what you’d find in the Appalachians of Sierra Nevada: steep streams, plunge pools, and hungry trout.
- 1/31/2017 12:11:00 PM
Riley Lands Big Fish From Nevada
- Mike Riley landed the biggest recruiting fish of his short time in Lincoln when he convinced Tyjon Lindsey or Bishop Gorman High School in Nevada to commit to the Huskers. Lindsey is the top recruit in the state of Nevada, the 6th rated wide receiver ...
- Sand Hills Express
- 1/16/2017 8:46:00 PM
Knowing Nevada: Flying Fish and Hockey in Reno
- Every barber shop has an ambiance to it, including Last Chance Barber Shop in Reno, where the history of hockey in northern Nevada is on full display. Barber Ken Pierson has been cutting hair for five decades, but is best known for his affiliation with the
- News 4
- 1/14/2017 7:43:00 AM
Fish Wrap: The herring have arrived
- My 5-gallon beer-brewing bucket filled rapidly with herring the size of Sierra Nevada brook trout. Around me, fishermen cheered when a net came in loaded, laughed when a friend threw a bum cast, and all the while discussed recipes and various techniques in
- Marin Independent Journal
- 1/13/2017 6:08:00 PM
Ask the RGJ: Where do fish go when it floods?
- And, in general, floods are great for fish. “The fish usually spread out as the river spreads out,” said Chris Healy, Nevada Department of Wildlife spokesman. “So, on the edges of the river where the current is not as fast, the fish will find refuge.”
- Reno Gazette-Journal
- 1/10/2017 7:23:00 PM
Fishing Report for Dec. 29
- Reno Fly Fishing Outfitters, 775-742-1754. TOPAZ LAKE: Opens to fishing Sunday, Jan. 1. Was planted in the fall with more than 15,000 pounds of trout from the Nevada Department of Wildlife. LAKE ALMANOR: Surface temps 40 degrees and dropping. Clarity is ..
- Reno Gazette-Journal
- 12/29/2016 2:58:22 PM
Anglers to ring in 2017 at annual Topaz fishing opener
- The lake has been closed to fishing since September 30, but it will be open for fishing again on Jan. 1 in one of Nevada's more unique ways to celebrate New Year's Day. "To most people, New Year's Day means the Rose Parade, bowl games and recovering from .
- Carson Now
- 12/29/2016 1:58:07 AM
Joe's Fishing Hole: Ice fishing basics
- You can also replace the blades on a blade auger while you can’t on a spoon auger. In Nevada, for the purposes of ice fishing, the maximum size hole you can cut in the ice is 10 inches. Obviously the larger the diameter of the hole, the more ice you are ..
- Elko Daily Free Press
- 12/23/2016 4:52:52 PM
Game and Fish: New fishing regulations take effect Jan. 1
- Among the changes included is reduction in the daily trout bag limit at the Colorado River from Lake Mead to the California-Nevada boundary and the closures of the Kino Environmental Restoration Project in Tucson to fishing. The Frye Mesa Reservoir will ..
- 12/21/2016 10:17:21 PM
FISH opening nighttime shelter in Carson City this weekend
- The shelter may be open longer based on overnight low temperatures, which could be 15 degrees or below, as forecast by the Nevada Appeal. FISH will take people 1) who are intoxicated, but do not have any alcohol or drugs in their possession; 2) who have ..
- KOLO 8 NewsNow
- 12/17/2016 1:00:46 AM
Fishing report for Dec. 15
- The East Walker is slow except in the Rosachi Ranch stretch on the Nevada side, which has been pretty fair for 10 to 15 inch fish. BRIDGEPORT REGION: Information: Ken’s Sporting Goods 760-932-7707 or www.kenssport.com. JUNE LAKE LOOP-LEE VINING REGION ...
- 12/15/2016 10:45:57 PM
5000 fish in ice at Japan skating rink cause uproar
- Many people believed the fish were deep-frozen while still alive, which purportedly was not the case. Nevada counties to recount presidential race Stein has raised $6.4 million online since last week to cover recounts in Michigan , Pennsylvania and Wiscons
- Seputar Kita
- 12/4/2016 11:49:06 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be happy to update this list.
Nevada Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Nevada.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.