Michigan Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Michigan?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Michigan Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Michigan Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Michigan's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Michigan Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Michigan.
FrankenFly coming to River Bound Fly Fishing Outfitters
- I’ll be heading up to Rockford, Michigan on December 16th to tie some flies. Please come over to River Bound Outfitters and join me! See details below. Paul Beel of Frankenfly will be coming to River Bound Fly Fishing Outfitters in Rockford, MI ...
- 12/2/2016 1:28:42 PM
Michiganders get lesson in flats fishing
- Visiting from Michigan the Gilberts decided they wanted to try their hand at saltwater flats fishing. Actually, Mr. G., an experienced bass and walleye angler, wanted to try his hand at salt water flats fishing. While hubby was at the back of the boat ...
- Cape Coral Daily Breeze
- 12/2/2016 6:40:41 AM
Fishing Tip: Where to find northern pike in Michigan
- As the temperatures continue to drop, fishing for northern pike will really pick up. Pike are extremely popular during the ice fishing season but are readily available throughout much of the year. There are many notable northern pike fisheries located ...
- The Post
- 12/1/2016 9:36:39 PM
The Fish Monger's Wife hosts oyster tasting
- MUSKEGON, MICH. - Want a free taste of the ocean without leaving West Michigan? Then you're in luck! The Fish Monger's Wife in Muskegon is hosting an oyster and smoked fish tasting Saturday, Dec. 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oysters are slurped and loved ...
- WZZM 13
- 12/1/2016 7:56:26 PM
Detroit River fish habitat reef project
- Detroit River fish habitat reef project Jennifer Read, director of the University of Michigan Water Center, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologist Justin Chiotti describe the latest fish habitat project on the Detroit River. Check out this story on .
- Detroit Free Press
- 12/1/2016 4:11:32 AM
State-reared Muskellunge Enhance Sport Fishing in 12 Michigan Counties
- This year Michigan stocked 25,740 muskellunge fingerlings in Luce County and 11 other counties to enhance its sport fishery. You must be an online subscriber to view this story. The full version of this story will be available to all readers after 4 weeks.
- 11/30/2016 8:40:34 PM
Michigan Offers Online Angling Tips
- Have you ever gone fishing in Michigan and been unsure about what you've just reeled in? Have you wanted to go fishing in Michigan but aren't sure of the best techniques to use when targeting certain species? The DNR can help you with your fish finding and
- 11/30/2016 9:13:22 AM
5 things you might not know about Fish & Loaves Community Food Pantry
- The Largest Food Pantry in the State of Michigan Since opening its doors in July 2008 Fish & Loaves has emerged as the largest client choice food pantry in the state of Michigan, distributing more than 1.6 million pounds of food annually to 3,000 household
- The News-Herald
- 11/28/2016 11:49:03 PM
TOV “Universal Fish Company”
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s most recently posted food-related warning letters went to a produce processing facility and a dairy in Michigan, an acidified food manufacturer in Japan, and a fish exporter in Ukraine. The agency told Pearson ...
- Food Safety News
- 11/28/2016 6:52:35 AM
It's that time of year for stellar pike fishing in Michigan
- Anglers who enjoy fishing for northern pike are about set to hit the prime time of their year. With colder temperatures expected in the coming weeks and months, the fishing conditions for northern pike will improve significantly. Whether you're casting ...
- 11/25/2016 10:38:03 AM
DNR Awards Grants to Maintain Michigan River Fish Habitats
- Some Northern Michigan rivers are getting a bit of help, thanks to a few generous grants from the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. The department has awarded nearly $200,000 in grants to help take on three river habitat improvement projects.
- 9&10 News
- 11/22/2016 7:21:10 AM
Where The Fish Comes From
- I guess I found one place where the fish come from. The Lost In Michigan calendars are slowly being depleted and will soon be gone, if you want one while they are still available you can order one HERE
- 11/14/2016 10:32:36 PM
Engberg: Green Bay's world class muskie fishing
- There is as world class walleye, smallmouth, and muskie fishing all in northeast Wisconsin. Lake Michigan, Green Bay, Sturgeon Bay, the Fox River, and the Menominee River currently are providing anglers with some of the best fishing there is and it’s onl .
- Post-Crescen Media
- 11/14/2016 6:43:32 PM
Fish processing tour in Wheatley
- Michigan culinary faculty and students will be taking part in a fish processing tour in Wheatley later this month. On Monday, Nov. 21, visitors from Schoolcraft College, located in Livonia, will learn about the Great Lakes commercial fisheries. They will .
- Chatham Daily News
- 11/14/2016 6:33:24 AM
Fishing Cabin Rentals Michigan
- Romancing Fishing cabin rentals michigan History - A Holiday getaway on RajasthanRajasthan, the brand mirrors myriad impressions supports an intricate tapestry from color selection, sound and sense. Romancing Fishing cabin rentals michigan History - A ...
- 11/11/2016 9:46:03 PM
Fishing Bed And Breakfast Michigan
- Excessive Fishing bed and breakfast michigan summer is just not a great time for senior citizens (or in fact anybody) to generally be playing golf unless you might be a actually tough sun's rays sweetheart. The Marriott presents 4 on-web site eateries ...
- 11/11/2016 3:12:21 PM
Fishing for answers
- Even though Chris Dombrowski grew up in East Lansing, in the county with the fewest lakes in Michigan, he still found a way to fish. In his early teens, Dombrowski and his pals would fish the Red Cedar — or as they referred to it, “Red Sewer.”
- 11/9/2016 4:47:47 PM
Profitt Report: Secrets to Success, commercial fishing on the Great Lakes
- Michigan’s Great Lakes are arguably our most valuable natural resource and in many parts of the state, whitefish is a dinner-time tradition. The largest commercial fishing operation in the state is located in Pinconning and this second generation fishing .
- 11/7/2016 11:09:32 PM
A public fishing pier made with FRP grating in Michigan
- Connected to Lake Michigan is Pentwater Lake, where the city of Pentwater replaces wooden planks on a public fishing pier with 1,200 square feet of Strongwell’s Duragrid T-1800 1 ½” pultruded grating.
- JEC Composites
- 11/7/2016 9:12:01 AM
Big steelhead part of Michigan fishing report this time of year
- When it comes to Michigan fishing in November, two things stand out. One, fewer anglers are out likely because of other outdoor recreation activities like hunting and the cooler temperatures. Two, the fishing on the Great Lakes becomes really slow.
- 11/5/2016 6:58:23 AM
DNR Plans for Lake Michigan Fish Stocking
- Following announcement of the 2017 stocking plans for Chinook, Coho, steelhead, brown trout and lake trout in the Wisconsin waters of Lake Michigan, the Department of Natural Resources will launch its next phase of stakeholder engagement on management of .
- 11/4/2016 5:26:31 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Michigan Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Michigan.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.