Minnesota Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Minnesota?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Minnesota Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Minnesota Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Minnesota's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Minnesota Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Minnesota.
Free Fishing Trip – Kids Fishing Foundation
- 2017 The Kids Fishing Foundation and The Kids Hunting Foundation will at the Minnesota Deer and Turkey Classic, March 10-12 2017 - Look for the Kids Hunting Foundation - Booth 222
- 2/22/2017 3:32:00 PM
DNR seeks hunting, fishing fee increases
- NEW ULM — The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) proposes modest fee increases to maintain habitat quality and expand research on deer and management for the coming decade. Jack Lauer, DNR Southern Regional Fisheries Manager, said fee hikes ..
- The Journal
- 2/22/2017 6:33:00 AM
Consider fishing bass in 2017
- A couple of dozen fish a day is common when bass fishing Minnesota lakes, even during summer’s heat. Plus, it’s hard to beat the fight and struggle a hooked largie provides. Does a bass taste as good as a walleye? Most would say no. But, if anglers ...
- Fergus Falls Daily Journal
- 2/21/2017 6:10:00 PM
Pirch off to nice start in Bassmaster Elite season
- 15-18, 2016 in the Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship tournament held on Mille Lac Lake in Minnesota. The Bassmaster Elite Series is the highest level of bass fishing tournaments. Competitors must qualify for the series in Bassmaster open ...
- Payson Roundup
- 2/21/2017 12:13:00 PM
Devils Lake World Record White Bass Awaiting Confirmation
- So far this winter, LaFleur has only fished five times for white bass. His job with I.F. LaFleur and Sons, a coin-operated amusement business in North Dakota and northern Minnesota demands his full attention, as do two young LaFleurs, aged one and four.
- 2/21/2017 11:41:00 AM
Minnesota DNR reminding people to stay safe while ice fishing
- Detroit Lakes, Minn. (Valley News Live) - People are itching to get the final ice fishing of the season before the ice melts and the Minnesota DNR is warning everyone across the valley about the dangers of being out on ice. While the ice may be still thick
- Valley News Live
- 2/20/2017 2:50:00 AM
Dokken:Fee hike for hunting, fishing licenses faces uphill battle in Minn.
- How do you feel about spending more money for hunting and fishing licenses in Minnesota? That question promises to come up a fair bit over the next few weeks as state lawmakers grapple with Gov. Mark Dayton's proposal to raise hunting and fishing license f
- Brainerd Dispatch
- 2/20/2017 1:39:00 AM
DNR officials to discuss hunting, fishing license proposals
- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will host an informational meeting about proposed changes to hunting and fishing license fees from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center in Austin. DNR officials will discuss ..
- Austin Daily Herald
- 2/19/2017 1:04:00 PM
Houston's fishing report
- Jarrid Houston of South Range is a fishing guide (houstonsguideservice.com) on Minnesota and Wisconsin inland waters, the St. Louis River and, in winter, on Lake Superior.
- Duluth News Tribune
- 2/19/2017 12:25:00 PM
Help area make most of fishing opener
- Central Minnesotans, though, have an even better reason to anticipate spring and summer: The St. Cloud metro area is the host for the 70th Annual Minnesota Governor's Fishing Opener, May 11-14. It's the first time this nationally known event is being held
- SC Times
- 2/18/2017 2:09:00 PM
Brad Laabs column: This thaw won't last, better block up your fish houses
- My first reaction is "really? C'mon man!" I understand the desire to expose all the expected visitors and press to some Minnesota ice fishing, but our "out of state" 1-,3-, or 7-day licenses are very reasonably priced. People coming for a week of the Super
- DL Online Giving Information Life
- 2/18/2017 12:14:00 PM
Outdoors: Finding fish in the tough month of February
- Dead and brown weeds are useless and provide zero food and cover for gamefish. The dead weeds are very prevalent in most Minnesota lakes in February so don’t spend your time on the brown weeds … look for green.
- ABC Newspapers
- 2/18/2017 7:46:00 AM
Lake Mille Lacs Summer Walleye Season to be Catch and Release
- A member of the Mille Lacs Fisheries Advisory Council confirmed to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources announced to the council on Wednesday that this summer will again be catch and release. This is the result of trying to
- 2/18/2017 4:32:00 AM
Action Outdoors: Finding fish in the tough month of January
- Dead and brown weeds are useless and provide zero food and cover for gamefish. The dead weeds are very prevalent in most Minnesota lakes in February so don’t spend your time on the brown weeds — look for green. February is a tough month but not impossible.
- 2/17/2017 1:10:00 PM
Deteriorating ice may force a change in fishing tactics
- Fairmont, Minn. — Across a large swath of Minnesota, it’s likely ice anglers won’t wait till the state deadline to remove their permanent fish houses from the 2016-17 ice. Rather, Mother Nature intends to force their hand. Above-average temperatures ...
- Outdoor News
- 2/16/2017 3:16:00 PM
Best Summer Canadian Fishing Destinations
- Lake Of The Woods, Ontario. Flickr: Tony Cheng / CC BY-NC 2.0 Known for producing trophy fish, Lake of the Woods spills across the Canadian borders of Ontario, Manitoba and into Minnesota. The lake takes water from the Rainy River Shoal Lake and Kakagi ...
- 2/16/2017 5:48:00 AM
Chalk Talk: Feider discusses hair jigs
- Check back each Friday for a new tip.) In a short period of time, Minnesota pro Seth Feider has rightfully become known as a smallmouth expert, but even he experiences situations where the big brown fish get finicky. In those difficult times, often when ..
- 2/10/2017 6:56:00 PM
‘A fish out of water’
- Katelyn Thiesen, 9, creates a crab for her underwater scene while Miriam Theisen, 11, looks on Saturday at Minnesota Discovery Center’s Family Discovery Day called “A fish out of water.” The event featured crafts such as collages and fishing painting ...
- Hibbing Daily Tribune
- 2/10/2017 12:08:00 PM
Bill could mean free fishing during Super Bowl week
- As host, the state of Minnesota is already thinking ahead to the 2018 Super Bowl. And in Minnesota, that means fishing, and how it could play a part in Super Bowl-related activities. The Minnesota Legislature is considering a bill that would waive fishing
- Outdoor News
- 2/9/2017 9:53:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Minnesota Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Minnesota.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.