Ohio Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Ohio?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Ohio Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Ohio Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Ohio's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Ohio Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Ohio.
Little Fish Brewing – Bringing a slice of the Ardennes to Appalachia
- It’s a beautiful fall day and I’m driving southeast to visit one of Ohio’s up and coming breweries, Little Fish Brewing in Athens. Over the course of the ninety minute drive the flat landscape and urban sprawl of Ohio’s largest city give way to ...
- 11/28/2016 2:37:52 PM
Ice rink featuring 5,000 frozen fish forced to close
- The park says it will hold a memorial service for the fish next year. Police in Ohio have arrested a man after he was discovered with more than $330,000 (£266,000) worth of marijuana wrapped to look like Christmas presents in his car. Officials say Daniel
- The Week
- 11/28/2016 10:20:10 AM
Death on fishing trip ruled homicide
- He was pronounced dead at 4:18 p.m. Aug. 13, a Saturday, in the emergency room of East Liverpool City Hospital. Perl was fishing on the Ohio River when he suffered the injuries that led to his death. He was taken to the Fairview Street home of the man he .
- Morning Journal News
- 11/4/2016 4:43:34 AM
Matt Fish is living the dream every day at Melt Bar and Grilled
- Matt Fish did not set out to revolutionize the experience of dining out in Northeast Ohio when he opened Melt Bar and Grilled a decade ago. He had a much more simple ambition. “My goal was just to get open,” Fish says. “I was a guy that went out four ...
- Smart Business
- 11/1/2016 7:34:45 PM
The nasty eating habits of prehistory's meanest fish
- Ryan and colleagues examined the jaws of Dunkleosteus fossils from the famous Cleveland Shale in Ohio. They found that as these monstrous fish grew up, their mouths changed. The jaws gradually lengthened, while the fangs up front grew sturdier. This meant
- 11/1/2016 12:46:43 PM
Riebe & Snyder Win PMTT Ranger Boats World Championship.
- In second place with a 45" musky were Fred LeDerer of Perrysburg, Ohio and Phil Cummings of Graytown, Ohio. These two anglers heard the casters were having a hard time getting following fish to bite so they tried trolling 5 miles per hour to get a reaction
- Outdoors First
- 10/26/2016 11:59:34 PM
Fairport Harding students explore entrepreneurship with fishing lures
- Thanks to a grant from the Ohio Department of Education, a forward-thinking administration and a number of students willing to try something different, Fairport Harding High School is on its way to becoming a player in the fishing-lure game. It’s ...
- The News-Herald
- 10/26/2016 11:13:37 AM
World Series in Cleveland: Fishing options, steelhead to perch
- That’s right, I said free ramps. Lake Erie and its tributaries are major destinations for Chicago-area fishermen, but more around Port Clinton, Ohio than by Cleveland. Steelhead fishing is the top thing going, from shore and for fly fishermen.
- Chicago Sun Times
- 10/25/2016 5:12:43 PM
Fish and wildlife doing well in Ohio
- Last week, I opened my mailbox and found the winter issue of Wild Ohio, a great publication put out by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, had arrived. I love getting this magazine because it always has some great articles and pictures about Ohio’s .
- Galion Inquirer
- 10/24/2016 11:54:46 PM
Ohio: Steelheading Basics Seminar offered in Portage Lakes
- AKRON, OH – A free seminar featuring basic steelhead fishing in northeast Ohio's tributaries will be offered on Thursday, November 17th, 2016 according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). Phil Hillman from the ODNR Division of Wildlife ...
- 10/21/2016 7:30:29 AM
Fishing, a part of Bay's history
- For some it was a second income and others, their livelihood. The Saddler family were fishermen. Charles Dodd, a traveling tailor from Henrietta, Ohio, while at the Osborn house making a suit, heard of a position as a deck hand on one of Sherman Osborn‘s .
- 10/18/2016 2:22:04 PM
Now Open: Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips
- I spend a lot of free time fishing, both competing in tournaments and also just for fun. I happened to live about an hour from Port Clinton, Ohio which is known as the Walleye Capital of the World. Because of this, I always have a good supply of fish in ..
- 10/10/2016 2:31:33 PM
Fish, fisherman and the savior
- I vividly remember those summer days of the 1960s at our family’s pond in northeast Ohio. It was there I learned the art of luring little fish from their watery habitat. I became acquainted with my future father-in-law when I began dating my wife ...
- Sidney Daily News
- 10/5/2016 5:00:39 PM
Saltwater Fishing with Operation Outdoor Freedom
- The man flew in bombers during WWII and developed a passion for saltwater fishing once he retired from Ohio, and I was thrilled to join him whenever I could. As Time is burdened to do, however, these days were put in the past, and I had never wandered down
- The Ledger
- 10/5/2016 4:14:43 AM
10 Absurd Fishing Laws That Will Blow Your Mind
- Just stay in bed. Another one from Ohio: Sundays are for the Lord, not whales. If you are fishing for whales on a Sunday in Ohio, you will be punished… but you should be safe, since there are none there.
- 10/4/2016 6:06:16 PM
The Quiet Fishing Town In Ohio That Seems Frozen In Time
- While most people are familiar with Ohio’s island life and the popular vacation destination of Put-In-Bay in the summer months, the quaint fishing town of Port Clinton has a unique charm all its own year-round. As a safe harbor for Lake Erie boaters and ..
- 10/3/2016 6:50:24 PM
Fish fingerling sale planned
- To maintain a balanced population, species recommended by the OSU Extension and the Ohio Division of Wildlife include: 100 largemouth bass, 500 blue gill or red ear sunfish (shellcracker) and 100 channel catfish per surface acre of pond. If the size of the
- Sidney Daily News
- 10/2/2016 7:56:01 PM
Youth fishing club seeking members
- Club members will have the opportunity to participate in fishing tournaments sponsored by the Ohio Bass Federation. Club tournaments will be held at surrounding lakes which will include; Knox Lake, Clear Fork, Charles Mill and Pleasant Hill. Currently the
- Knox Pages
- 9/29/2016 12:50:04 PM
The Fruition Of Flow
- Lures don’t catch fish, those casting the lures do. And somewhere, every day, someone is catching fish. I once fished a bass tournament on the Ohio River in which 95 of the 100 competitors blanked. Yet the winner weighed in a five-bass limit, all caught ..
- 9/29/2016 4:07:31 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Ohio Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Ohio.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.