Ohio Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Ohio?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Ohio Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Ohio Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Ohio's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Ohio Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Ohio.
Clean-up underway after slurry spills into Fish Creek
- It has made its way throughout Fish Creek and into the Ohio River. “They've actually gotten the flow stopped from going into the creek,” Hart said. “DEP will have to follow up in regards to what type of environmental clean-up will have to be done ...
- WTOV 9
- 1/21/2017 3:45:00 AM
Outdoor show whets fishing appetite
- If you’re feeling like you missed out, there are lots of other shows this season. Right now through Saturday there’s the Northeast Ohio Sportsman Show in Millersburg, or catch the Northeast Ohio Fly Fishing Expo in Brecksville on Saturday and Sunday.
- Chronicle Telegram Chronicle
- 1/20/2017 1:26:00 PM
Free Workshop for Youth Fishing Instructor Certification
- COLUMBUS – According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), the Division of Wildlife will host a Passport to Fishing instructors’ workshop on Wednesday, February 22, 2017. The program will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Wildlife ...
- Circleville Herald
- 1/19/2017 1:35:00 PM
On the Water: Stone cold front stalls fishing in the area
- Eric Foote, visiting from Ohio with his sons Branson and Weston, all played tug of war with some hard-fighting tuna recently. They were fishing west of Captiva with Capt. Sean McQuade. King mackerel were found in depths from 35-50 feet as well. Inshore ...
- Captiva Current
- 1/18/2017 6:08:00 PM
Hartman Promoted to Lake Erie Program Administrator
- SANDUSKY, OH –Travis Hartman was recently selected as the Lake Erie fish management program administrator, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR).Hartman has worked as a fisheries biologist for the ODNR Division of Wildlife’s ...
- 1/13/2017 4:45:00 PM
Putnam County native named Lake Erie fish management administrator
- SANDUSKY — Travis Hartman has been named administrator of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources’ Lake Erie fish management program, according to ODNR’s Division of Wildlife. Hartman, a Putnam County native, will lead the Sandusky and Fairport ...
- 1/10/2017 7:36:00 PM
"Team USA Ice-Fishing" Prepare for Another International Tourney.
- In This Podcast: Scott Albrecht, "The Ice Pro from Ohio," and captain of "Team USA Ice-Fishing" is Brewer and Agre's guest. The team is ready to take off on another international adventure. Details on the International Ice Fishing Tournament is ...
- 1/10/2017 2:49:00 AM
KVD, Ike in Indiana this weekend
- (Jan. 21-22), Boxborough, Mass. (Jan. 28-29) and Columbus, Ohio (Feb. 11-12). For those who unable to attend the sessions, The Bass University offers an online video library of over 200 classes covering a wide range of bass fishing topics, conditions ...
- 1/10/2017 12:47:00 AM
Group Trip Bass Fishing Out Of Clewiston
- well folks just got off the water, doing a 2 boat trip with my partner Mark Rose and fishing with four people the snowden party from Ohio. They’ve been with us before but this morning the winds were blowing 40 miles an hour, gusts up to 40 it was steady ..
- 1/2/2017 7:07:00 PM
Warmer temps putting ice fishing on hold in northwest Ohio
- Thanks to recent warmer weather -- and another warm-up in the forecast, ice fishing enthusiasts are finding their season on hold. "They keep asking if they can fish in our ponds," joked Jeff Little, who works in the fishing department at Bass Pro Shops in
- 12/30/2016 4:34:25 AM
- Survivors include her second husband, Ronald Fish, at home; five sons: Leslie Paul Fish of Urichsville, Russell Edward Fish Jr. of New Cumberland, William Joseph Fish of Ohio, Richard Anthony Fish of New Manchester, and Jerry Lee Fish of New ...
- 12/28/2016 4:58:16 AM
Anglers face new fishing regulations in 2017
- A new creel limit for flatheads will affect the most anglers. Effective Jan. 1, a four-fish limit will go into effect on the Ohio and Kanawha rivers. Only one of the four can be 35 inches or longer. Bret Preston, the DNR’s assistant chief in charge of ...
- 12/24/2016 6:10:25 PM
Invasive carp making way to Allegheny, Mon rivers, threaten local fish
- Two species of the invasive carp — silver and bighead — can make their way to the Pittsburgh area via the Ohio River within the next 10 years, according to experts. A monster of a fish, the carp can weigh up to 40 pounds. Recently, the Pennsylvania ...
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 12/22/2016 9:54:42 PM
Why wintertime brings prime walleye fishing to WV
- The creel limit on those waters is eight. n An 18-inch minimum size limit and a two-fish-per-day creel limit are in effect for the Ohio River and for the New River between the mouth of the Gauley River and Hawks Nest dam. n A slot limit is in effect for ..
- 12/18/2016 6:31:51 PM
Shryock Hopes To Continue Upward Trend
- For 8 months out of the year, Fletcher Shryock happily resides in a fifth-wheel camper. Instead of heading home to eastern Ohio after each Elite Series event, he opts to stay on the road and, well, fish. He still considers himself a newcomer to the sport .
- 12/15/2016 4:59:22 AM
Why Your Next Ice Fishing Suit Should Float
- My first ice trip to Lake Erie years back was a real eye-opener. As masses of anglers converged on the shoreline west of Sandusky, Ohio, many looked like part of a search-and-rescue team rather than fishermen. Equipped with survival suits, as in the kind .
- 12/13/2016 4:50:24 PM
Of things that fly and swim: Bird sightings, good fishing
- Walleye fishing is great right now, with several in the 10- to 12-pound range falling for angler’s bait further up the Ohio River. One angler I know says they are hitting live bait below the New Brighton and Montgomery dams, but have been on the small size
- Beaver County Times
- 12/9/2016 3:54:54 AM
Little Fish Brewing – Bringing a slice of the Ardennes to Appalachia
- It’s a beautiful fall day and I’m driving southeast to visit one of Ohio’s up and coming breweries, Little Fish Brewing in Athens. Over the course of the ninety minute drive the flat landscape and urban sprawl of Ohio’s largest city give way to ...
- 11/28/2016 2:37:52 PM
Ice rink featuring 5,000 frozen fish forced to close
- The park says it will hold a memorial service for the fish next year. Police in Ohio have arrested a man after he was discovered with more than $330,000 (£266,000) worth of marijuana wrapped to look like Christmas presents in his car. Officials say Daniel
- The Week
- 11/28/2016 10:20:10 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Ohio Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Ohio.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.