Connecticut Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Connecticut?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Connecticut Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Connecticut Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Connecticut's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Connecticut Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Connecticut.
Fishing industry seeks reversal
- 15 to create the new Marine National Monument. The New England closure includes more than 4,900 square miles of ocean, or about the same area as the state of Connecticut, about 130 miles east-southeast of Cape Cod. Now, only lobster and red crab fishing ..
- Gloucester Daily Times
- 11/20/2016 10:39:48 PM
FISH to host homelessness rally, coat giveaway Saturday
- TORRINGTON >> A rally to end hunger and homelessness in Northwest Connecticut will be the theme of an upcoming event, co-sponsored and organized by FISH/Friends in Service to Humanity of Northwest Connecticut and the United Way of Northwest Connecticut.
- The Register Citizen
- 11/16/2016 1:11:53 PM
Dick Alley’s Fishing Report: Thinking about stripers
- I had become a happy angler as a kid, catching perch and bluegills, trout and bullheads fishing the lakes and ponds near where I lived in upstate Connecticut. I was already a teen-ager when my Dad changed jobs and we moved to Westport, where I continued to
- 11/8/2016 11:01:12 PM
Introducing New Refuge Manager Keith Ramos
- It came on Saturday mornings and I loved seeing the wildlife. Growing up we would visit my family in Connecticut and it was always so exciting to see white-tailed deer and go fishing with my uncle. When I started college, I thought I would become a ...
- 11/2/2016 2:25:45 PM
The List: 3 Eastern Connecticut lakes for last-minute fishing
- Summer’s gone, but winter isn’t quite here yet. For Eastern Connecticut residents, that means there’s still time to get in a last-minute fishing weekend on one of the region’s many lakes before the cold really starts to set in.
- Norwich Bulletin
- 10/31/2016 11:57:48 AM
A fight for seat on Vt. Fish & Wildlife board
- Private service held for woman lost at sea in boat sinking Private service held for woman lost at sea in boat sinking A memorial service is taking place for a Connecticut woman lost at sea during a mother-and-son fishing trip. A man whose mother is ...
- 10/26/2016 6:27:18 AM
Fish & Wildlife Service will start seeking land for Great Thicket refuge
- The Great Thicket National Wildlife Refuge, extending into six states and including an area of southeastern Connecticut, has been officially created by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, giving the agency the authority to begin working with willing landowne
- 10/25/2016 7:21:34 PM
Fish & Wildlife to Create Shrubland Habitat in Northeast
- The approval of the refuge enables the Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS) to now work with willing and interested landowners to acquire land in 10 target areas of Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and New York. The goal ito acquire
- ECO RI
- 10/24/2016 11:54:46 PM
Drought conditions a concern for fish, anglers
- Some rivers in Massachusetts have been reduced to a series of puddles, with large fish kills, and Connecticut took the unusual step of closing portions of its premier trout river, the Farmington, to all fishing. But rivers and streams in Vermont are ...
- Burlington Free Press
- 10/22/2016 9:33:59 PM
Fish washing up on a river bank in Guilford
- “Not much,” says Simpson. “Nature runs its course.” Last month there was a similar fish kill on Long Island in the town of Centerport and there have been others in Connecticut. More recently Old Lyme and also in Gales Ferry on the Thames River.
- 10/14/2016 5:11:27 PM
Tips on fishing the Housatonic shared Oct. 18
- In 1985 he made his first foray into salt water fly fishing. He is a member of virtually every fly fishing club and organization in Connecticut and involved in environmentally based organizations such as Trout Unlimited, Connecticut Audubon Society ...
- 10/10/2016 1:55:46 PM
Connecticut DEEP to stock waters with Atlantic salmon for fishing
- KILLINGWORTH >> Stocking begins Friday for trout anglers fishing Schreeder Pond — as well as other water bodies around the state. Connecticut’s Department of Energy & Environmental Protection has begun its 2016 autumn stockings of broodstock Atlantic ...
- The Middletown Press
- 10/6/2016 3:47:53 PM
The Quiet Fishing Town In Connecticut That Seems Frozen In Time
- Stonington, and the small Stonington Borough within it, are unlike any other place in the state. The quiet fishing towns possess all the charm of New England, complete with small shops, narrow streets, and an 18th century feel. Stonington Borough ...
- 10/5/2016 6:52:12 AM
State offering grants to get Hispanic community involved in fishing
- (WTNH) – Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is offering $15,000 in matching grants to build interest in fishing among the state’s Hispanic population. The money is being made available to DEEP’s Inland Fisheries ...
- 10/3/2016 6:14:36 PM
RFA Connecticut Meets Oct. 5
- The Connecticut Chapter of the Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA) will hold a chapter meeting on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 from 5:30pm to 7:00pm at Branford Bait and Tackle located at 55 Goodsell Point Road in Branford. Among the items to be discussed ..
- 10/3/2016 6:25:56 AM
Funds Available To Boost Fishing Among Hispanics
- HARTFORD, Conn. (CBS Connecticut and AP) – Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is providing $15,000 in matching grants to organizations that want to help boost interest in recreational fishing within the Hispanic community.
- CBS Connecticut
- 10/1/2016 12:26:13 PM
Drought dampens Conn. fall fishing outlook
- “Clearly the best trout fishing in all of New England,” said Bill Hyatt, Bureau Chief of Natural Resources at the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP). Upstream reservoirs pump the river full of water. “The water is ...
- 9/29/2016 10:22:44 PM
The Latest: Woman lost at sea bonded with son while fishing
- BOSTON (AP) — The Latest on a Vermont man who was rescued after being lost at sea for a week (all times local): 1:50 p.m. Friends are remembering a Connecticut woman who is presumed dead more than a week after the fishing boat she was on with her son ...
- The Roanoke Times
- 9/27/2016 2:15:21 AM
FDA finds Listeria in facility; fish company recalls salmon
- The company distributed the implicated fish to retailers and restaurants in two states, New York and Connecticut, between Sept. 6 and 16. No illnesses had been reported in relation to the recalled fish as of Monday. “The potential for contamination was ...
- Food Safety News
- 9/27/2016 1:10:56 AM
The Latest: No distress call made from sinking fishing boat
- 18 after leaving a Rhode Island marina to go on a fishing trip. 12:15 p.m. U.S. Coast Guard officials say they have no plans to reopen the search for a Connecticut boater who's been missing for more than a week. A spokeswoman for the Coast Guard in Boston
- Connecticut Post
- 9/26/2016 6:08:36 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Connecticut Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Connecticut.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.