Connecticut Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Connecticut?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Connecticut Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Connecticut Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Connecticut's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Connecticut Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Connecticut.
The Latest: No distress call made from sinking fishing boat
- 18 after leaving a Rhode Island marina to go on a fishing trip. 12:15 p.m. U.S. Coast Guard officials say they have no plans to reopen the search for a Connecticut boater who's been missing for more than a week. A spokeswoman for the Coast Guard in Boston
- Connecticut Post
- 9/26/2016 6:08:36 PM
Families Find Fun at DEEP Free Hunting and Fishing Day
- Connecticut residents on the hunt for some fun in the sun Saturday, found it at Sessions Woods in Burlington, where the Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection held a free Hunting and Fishing day. The goal was to show residents ...
- NBC Connecticut
- 9/24/2016 3:26:19 PM
DEEP hosts free hunting, fishing day
- Free hunting and fishing will offered in Burlington Saturday. The offer is part of Hunting and Fishing Day hosted by the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. DEEP will have activities like hunting, fishing, and archery at their location at .
- Eye Witness News 3
- 9/24/2016 5:32:11 AM
DEEP to hunting and fishing day Saturday, Sept. 24 at Sessions Woods
- Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is continuing its celebration of the 150th anniversary of its Bureau of Natural Resources by hosting Connecticut Hunting and Fishing Day on Saturday, Sept. 24, at the Sessions Woods ...
- The Register Citizen
- 9/24/2016 1:57:26 AM
Session Woods to play host to Connecticut Hunting and Fishing Day
- The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is holding Connecticut Hunting and Fishing Day on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area in Burlington. This free family event features a live ...
- 9/23/2016 2:41:34 AM
Connecticut DEEP’s Hunting and Fishing Day
- Attendees also will have the opportunity to speak firsthand with DEEP biologists about wildlife and fisheries topics, as well as with representatives from a variety of conservation, hunting, and fishing organizations. Children can participate in several ..
- Connectcut Plus
- 9/22/2016 8:12:02 AM
Connecticut DEEP to Host Day of Hunting, Fishing
- Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is continuing its celebration of the 150th anniversary of its Bureau of Natural Resources by hosting Connecticut Hunting and Fishing Day on Saturday, Sept. 4 at the Sessions Woods ...
- 9/20/2016 4:56:58 PM
Marine monuments designation statement
- It said that it is disappointed at the chose chosen by the Administration in setting aside the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act (MSA) and declaring the Connecticut-sized marine monument. The statement read: “Although we applaud ...
- World Fishing
- 9/17/2016 10:26:49 AM
Local fishing industry facing great stress
- Regulatory agencies have reduced the allowed catch quota for some species by about 30 percent over each of the past two years despite an apparent abundance of fish in the waters off Connecticut. Recent visits by elected officials and others to the ...
- 9/16/2016 9:33:44 PM
Obama's Atlantic Preserve: Good News For Fish, Less So For Crustaceans
- Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monument — a preservation area about the size of Connecticut — will sit 130 miles off Cape Cod's coast and will be off-limits to commercial fishing. But due to criticism from New England's seafood ...
- TuenTo23 23ABC
- 9/15/2016 4:19:57 PM
Greenwich’s urban pond fish kills not uncommon, scientist says
- That’s the opinion of a scientist from the University of Connecticut, asked to comment on the rash of recent fish kills. Three times this summer, dead fish have been seen floating on top of local ponds: twice in Binney Pond, once at Bruce Pond.
- Stamford Advocate
- 9/14/2016 10:26:12 PM
Fishing competition held for disabled veterans
- Connecticut Bass Nation fisherman volunteered their boats and time to take a vets out on the water. The creator of the event tells us the calm of the water and the time together to share stories helps soothe the soul. “I call it therapy it’s the ...
- 9/13/2016 6:09:42 PM
DEEP hosts free hunting and fishing day
- Franklin — Free Hunting and Fishing Day for families to participate in outdoor activities while recognizing the contributions that hunters and anglers have made to the conservation of Connecticut’s natural resources will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p ...
- 9/9/2016 4:55:42 PM
- Housatonic River smallmouth fishing has been good. Tournament angler reports are from Candlewood Lake (fair), Lake Zoar (had to work to get smallmouth) and the Connecticut River (fair). TROUT. The current environmental conditions (low flows, warm water ...
- 9/9/2016 12:49:20 AM
Seaweed Farming: Transforming Fishing into Aquaculture
- When Bren Smith of the Thimble Island Oyster Company needed to augment the loss of the majority of his shellfish crop due to the storm, he turned to professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Connecticut, Charlie Yarish. Yarish ...
- 9/4/2016 7:17:38 PM
Sea Bass Fishing Heats Up
- Up the coast in Connecticut, pro guide Tim Moore (www.timmooreoutdoors.com) looks forward to summer sea bass fishing. “The coast is rocky and jagged,” Moore says, “perfect for sea bass.” He also finds fish on bridge pilings, docks and wrecks in 30 ...
- 9/2/2016 7:34:19 PM
Hook, line and sinker: Cops and kids connect through fishing
- “I want to catch a fish!” These words fill the air on a hot August morning as more than 40 youth from Hartford, Connecticut took park in the city’s first Cops and Bobbers, Hooks and Ladders fishing event at Riverside Park. The Cops and ...
- 9/2/2016 12:07:31 AM
Pepperidge Farm proving the big fish in Campbell Soup
- the food giant was able to point to continued strong sales of another orange-colored product — the ever-smiling Goldfish produced by its Connecticut subsidiary Pepperidge Farm. Pepperidge Farm has its headquarters and product development lab in Norwalk ...
- The Hour Online
- 9/1/2016 8:54:15 PM
Fishing Report: Capt. Mike Roy shares tips on fishing for striped bass
- He was listening intently as Capt. Mike Roy from Connecticut shared his technique for fishing a reef for striped bass. Roy had the full attention of Vican as well as 200 other fishermen who came to listen to him at a R.I. Saltwater Anglers Association ...
- The Providence Journal
- 9/1/2016 6:31:05 PM
Challenge rules that imperil fishing industry
- A combination of climate change, an outdated regulatory system, and regional favoritism threatens to kill Connecticut’s commercial fishing industry. This would cause not only economic damage, but also more importantly destroy an important part of the ...
- 8/31/2016 9:16:55 PM
River Currents by David Deen: The American Eel - A Peculiar fish
- Their migration cycle is backwards from other migrating fish in the Connecticut River as they come into the river as juveniles and leave as adults on their way to spawn in the Sargasso Sea. The American eel is not a loveable creature. Adults are 3-4 feet l
- The Caledonian Record
- 8/31/2016 4:56:13 AM
DEEP lifts fishing consumption river advisory after Southington spill
- Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) this week lifted the fish consumption advisory for the Quinnipiac River in Southington following a chemical spill last week. DEEP officials reported that laboratory test results show no
- Hartford Business
- 8/30/2016 1:39:58 PM
Plainville fishing derby postponed amid pond concerns
- The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection attributed last year’s fish kill to severe weather which resulted in an algae bloom that reduced dissolved oxygen levels in the pond. The pond has since been monitored on a bi-weekly basis .
- The Record-Journal
- 8/30/2016 2:48:34 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Connecticut Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Connecticut.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.