New York Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in New York?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
New York Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to New York Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of New York's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
New York Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in New York.
New York state fishing, hunting, wildlife mobile app gets a boost
- The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has added a new tool to the official New York fishing, hunting and wildlife mobile app that provides sports license holders a simple, user-friendly way to report game harvests with ...
- Outdoor News
- 4/21/2017 8:10:00 PM
Why are investors so excited about land-based salmon farming?
- Akva Group is one of the world’s leading suppliers of recirculating aquaculture systems for farmed salmon, and its CEO Hallvard Muri, will present the latest update on land-based aquaculture at the May 23 Intrafish Seafood Investor Forum in New York City.
- 4/20/2017 12:24:00 PM
WATCH: Shad conditions 'perfect' at Easton-Phillipsburg ahead of contest
- He's been going after the anadromous fish -- they hatch in freshwater, live to adulthood in saltwater and return to freshwater to spawn -- his whole life, from Equinunk near the New York border south to Trenton. "I like the river up high because it causes
- Lehigh Valley Live
- 4/20/2017 2:34:00 AM
The Fishing Beat (April 19)
- While towns, cities and state agencies scramble to get the launch ramps ready, fishing is really starting to take off around Western New York. Lake Erie and tributaries The big news is that the perch have been snapping for over a week. The hot area seems .
- Buffalo News
- 4/19/2017 6:16:00 PM
Angler Diaries to Help Shape Fisheries Decisions on N.Y. Lakes
- As the 2017 open water fishing season draws near, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) encourages anglers to participate in its Finger Lakes Volunteer Angler Diary Program. The program aims to collect data from fishing trips on
- 4/18/2017 5:39:00 AM
DNA presence in water enhances monitoring of fish migration
- “Environmental DNA” (eDNA), strained from one-litre (quart) samples drawn weekly from New York’s East and Hudson Rivers over six months last year, revealed the presence or absence of several key fish species passing through the water on each test da
- 4/17/2017 9:48:00 PM
US scientists track fish migration
- (MENAFN - Gulf Times) A simple analysis of fish DNA in water drawn from two New York rivers successfully tracked the presence or absence of numerous species during a spring marine migration, according to research published last week. The inexpensive ...
- 4/17/2017 5:52:00 AM
Migrating fish leave behind a trail of DNA
- Researchers at Rockefeller University sequenced DNA from water samples collected daily in New York's East and Hudson Rivers. Their analysis -- detailed in the journal PLOS ONE -- revealed the presence and absence of a variety of local fish species as they
- Yahoo News
- 4/14/2017 3:53:00 PM
Researchers track N.Y. fish migration using DNA 'finprints'
- Thursday, April 13, 2017, 4:46 - Scientists have tracked fish off New York by following the traces of DNA left in the water, a technique that could help gauge life in rivers, lakes and the oceans around the world, a study showed on Wednesday. Fish leave ..
- 4/14/2017 12:49:00 AM
Location is key for best fishing experience
- So I went online the other day and printed out a New York City Access Permit for the reservoirs. The big brown trouts are near the shore, and can be caught fairly easily. Several years ago, I went with an old friend, Fred, to Deposit and fished along the .
- Daily Star
- 4/13/2017 10:11:00 PM
Hooked on fishing, OFs swap stories
- When the fish head upstream to spawn, Salmon River in Pulaski, New York is lined with fishermen. As the Old Men ate breakfast beside a swollen creek, they reminisced over fishing expeditions — including at Pulaski. Tuesday, April 4, the Old Men of the ...
- 4/13/2017 9:04:00 PM
Manager Tired Of Tebow Dumping Wine And Fish On Him After Wins
- Tim Tebow is being reprimanded by the New York Mets after repeatedly coming to Citi Field after Mets’ home game wins and dumping buckets full of red wine and fish on Terry Collins. “Tim, you really gotta stop, this is not even a little pleasant ...
- 4/13/2017 7:09:00 PM
Meet the investors driving the seafood industry forward
- IntraFish Media is partnering with sponsor Pareto Securities to bring the 2017 Seafood Investor Forum, the premiere industry event, back to New York City on May 23. The Seafood Investor Forums, now in their 7 year, bring top executives from the most ...
- 4/13/2017 5:34:00 PM
Fish tracked from DNA 'finprints' left in waters off New York
- OSLO (Reuters) - Scientists have tracked fish off New York by following the traces of DNA left in the water, a technique that could help gauge life in rivers, lakes and the oceans around the world, a study showed on Wednesday. Fish leave bits of slimy skin
- Yahoo News
- 4/13/2017 1:46:00 PM
A Safe Guide to Eating Fish
- Dr. Shetreat-Klein lives with her family in New York City, where she runs Brainmending, her healing practice and urban farm. Need the straight scoop on fish that’s safe to eat and what you should absolutely avoid? Get this comprehensive list of good ...
- 4/13/2017 12:02:00 PM
New York Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
New York Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in New York.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.