New York Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in New York?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
New York Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to New York Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of New York's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
New York Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in New York.
ITA Removes Certain Vietnamese Cos. From Fish Duty Review
- Law360, New York (March 24, 2017, 2:44 PM EDT) -- The U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration announced Friday that is removing certain exporters from its administrative review of an anti-dumping duty order on frozen fish fillets .
- Law 360
- 3/24/2017 6:45:00 PM
More free fishing
- Based on Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s signed legislation in 2014 authorizing additional statewide free fishing days, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is proposing four free sport fishing days be added to complement the ...
- 3/24/2017 5:41:00 PM
Garceau: Spike Lee Goes Kap-Fishing
- Heres Spike’s post…”The New York J-E-T-S Need A Quarterback, who Is The J-E-T-S Quarterback? Is My Man Joe Willie Namath Coming Back? Crazy Times We Live In Smells MAD Fishy To Me, Stinks To The High Heavens.” Spike’s right, every year the Jets ...
- CBS Baltimore
- 3/24/2017 4:48:00 PM
New York: DEC Proposes Added Free Fishing Days
- Based on Governor Andrew M. Cuomo's signed legislation in 2014 authorizing additional statewide free fishing days, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is proposing four free sport fishing days be added to complement the state
- 3/24/2017 6:23:00 AM
DEC proposes additional free fishing days
- Based on Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's signed legislation in 2014 authorizing additional statewide free fishing days, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is proposing four free sport fishing days be added to complement the state's existing
- Niagara Frontier Publications
- 3/24/2017 4:01:00 AM
Baltimore's 'Most Elegant' New Community Not Fit for a Fish
- It is no accident they are the state fish in most of the Chesapeake Bay watershed—New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Nearly half a century ago, development occupied only 2 percent of the little run's 3-square-mile watershed. Much beyond ..
- Southern Maryland Online
- 3/22/2017 1:45:00 PM
Wash. Tribe Wins Temporary Block On Others' Halibut Fishing
- Law360, New York (March 21, 2017, 4:20 PM EDT) -- A Washington federal judge on Monday granted an emergency request by the Quileute Tribe to temporarily block the first day of unrestricted halibut fishing by tribes in the region because of bad weather on .
- Law 360
- 3/21/2017 9:28:00 PM
DEC names award-winning fish of 2016
- Thirty-nine of New York’s 62 counties were represented in the submissions last year, with Essex County, making it into the top five. Amelia Whalen, right, landed this state-record freshwater drum in Lake Champlain early in June 2016. The fish weighed in ..
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise
- 3/21/2017 2:22:00 PM
Fish & Richardson Announces 2017 1L Diversity Fellows
- James Yang, a student at Harvard Law School (2018), will divide his summer between Fish's New York and San Diego offices. Fish & Richardson is a global patent prosecution, intellectual property litigation, and commercial litigation law firm with more ...
- The Business Journal
- 3/20/2017 1:29:00 AM
March Central Florida Largemouth
- Tom Anderson and his son Tom came out fishing with me. We were on a two day Florida Fishing Adventure. Traveling from the winter in New York, they were off to a beautiful couple of days on Lake Toho. We did catch a pretty solid fish, right around 5 pounds.
- 3/19/2017 2:37:00 PM
Gary Kell, Fly Fishing Coach at Adventure Bound on the Fly
- Come meet Gary Kell -The Fly Fishing Coach at the Adventure Bound onthefly shop in Ellicottville, New York. Gary, a native of NW Pennsylvania has been fly fishing for nearly 50 years. He has taught 100’s of people various aspects of fly fishing.
- 3/19/2017 4:07:00 AM
Neosho fishing event brings veterans together
- The volunteers, many of whom hail from New York and Los Angeles, were instructed to hand out fishing rods, tie hooks and help veterans unhook fish. “I can do anything but take a fish off a hook,” said Parker Linsley, 20, of Buffalo, New York.
- Joplin Globe
- 3/19/2017 2:24:00 AM
DEC alters freshwater fishing regulations
- Economic impact Sport fishing has a major economic impact on New York State, particularly in areas that rely on tourism dollars. In a 2015 report from the state Comptroller, the state found that hunting, fishing and trapping is a $5 billion per year ...
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise
- 3/18/2017 4:27:00 AM
34th annual Holy Family Fish Fry
- at Holy Family School – and with the help of their many sponsors – the 34th annual Holy Family Fish Fry was held. Sponsors of the Fish Fry were: Knights of Columbus Robert E. McNeil Council #211, Pro-Tel, and New York Central Mutual Insurance.
- Evening Sun
- 3/17/2017 4:01:00 PM
6th Annual Saugerties Fish and Game Club Swap Meet
- A FFL dealer will be available to do this for a nominal fee. NO exceptions to this rule. Established in 1884, we are one of the oldest sportsmen’s clubs in New York State. Located on nearly 100 acres of land off Fish Creek road in the town of Saugerties ..
- Ammo Land
- 3/17/2017 3:28:00 PM
The man who changed fly fishing forever
- We wait, together. All of Juracsik’s life, it has been this way—as a teenage tool-and-die maker in a Budapest bicycle factory, as a young refugee in New York City, as a metalworker and the designer of perhaps the best-known fly fishing reel in the ...
- 3/17/2017 12:19:00 PM
Upstate New York's best fish fry: Vote in our poll for a winner
- We're trying to find the best fish fry in Upstate NY and we need your help! We closed the semifinalist polls and determined the six finalists. We put the eateries that got the most votes in a final poll. Check out who is in the running and cast your last v
- 3/17/2017 6:31:00 AM
The largest fish caught in NY last year
- And holy mackerel, there was some big fish caught in New York in 2016. The state takes entries for the largest fish caught each year, and it received more than 130 applications last year for various categories. For example, largemouth bass and smallmouth .
- WGRZ TV
- 3/17/2017 12:02:00 AM
Fishing records set in New York in 2016
- Fishing records set in New York in 2016 The state Department of Environmental Conservation announced its annual Angler Achievement Awards on Thursday. Check out this story on pressconnects.com: http://press.sn/2m6AMUw
- Press & Sun-Bulletin
- 3/16/2017 11:13:00 PM
Watch: The largest fish caught in NY last year
- Watch: The largest fish caught in NY last year The state Department of Enviromental Conservation on Thursday announced its awards of the largest fish caught across New York last year. Here's the winners, courtesy of the DEC. Check out this story on lohud .
- Journal News Media Group
- 3/16/2017 6:39:00 PM
New York Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
New York Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in New York.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.