Pennsylvania Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Pennsylvania?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Pennsylvania Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Pennsylvania Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Pennsylvania's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Pennsylvania Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Pennsylvania.
Fish Fry Friday: 2017 Wrap-Up, Best Winners Announced
- What I’d love to see is the Diocese of Pittsburgh (and the Elks regional lodges) team up with the Pennsylvania Resources Council to apply zero waste techniques to the fish fries and other community events. Leveraging the assets of the larger diocese will .
- 4/22/2017 9:30:00 PM
Pennsylvania State Record Black Crappie Caught
- A Pennsylvania “state record” black crappie was taken during the annual spring time netting survey in the nursery waters of Pymatuning Lake by Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission biologists. While the 20 inch, 4 lb. 8 oz. Black Crappie will not be a ...
- 4/21/2017 11:15:00 PM
Commission considers bass fishing regulation
- SELINSGROVE — It’s been nearly seven years since the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission imposed emergency regulations governing bass fishing on the Susquehanna and Juniata rivers. Now, the commission is considering whether to modify the regulation.
- Lewistown Sentinel
- 4/20/2017 4:27:00 AM
Q and A with Samantha Fish
- you should really find their albums). I spoke to Fish for an article while she and the band were prepping a show in Pennsylvania (there’s some videos form that show throughout the Q and A below) in which she discussed making the album, how she got ...
- Star News Online
- 4/18/2017 4:56:00 AM
Proposal would allow bass fishing over spawn
- (WHTM) — The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is seeking public comment on a proposal to change a bass fishing regulation on the lower portions of the Susquehanna and Juniata rivers. The current regulation makes it unlawful to fish for bass during ...
- 4/18/2017 4:29:00 AM
Police Say Man Assaulted Fish and Boat Officers
- A man is facing multiple charges after police say he resisted arrest and assaulted two Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission conservation officers. According to a criminal complaint, Pennsylvania State Police were dispatched at about 5:30 p.m. on Thursday
- State College
- 4/17/2017 9:34:00 PM
Opening of trout season as much about family as fish
- NORTH ABINGTON TWP. — While Northeast Pennsylvania was hunkered down during the Blizzard of 2017 a month ago, Kevin Krimmel was waiting for Saturday. “It’s just a couple weeks before fishing season,” the Moosic resident recalled thinking during the ...
- The Times Tribune
- 4/16/2017 4:19:00 AM
Fish & Boat Commission to spend $1.8M to fix leaky lake
- BOILING SPRINGS – Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission wants to spend $1.8 million to fix a leaky lake in Cumberland County that caused a sinkhole nearby. Children’s Lake is about 15 miles southwest of Harrisburg. Township officials first thought they ...
- 4/15/2017 3:46:00 AM
Opening weekend for trout season keeps fishing stores busy
- HOLLIDAYSBURG -- Saturday is opening day for trout fishing in Pennsylvania, and store employees are working overtime to keep up with the demand. "Today will be crazy," Marlene Strock said Friday as she checked out customers at the cash register.
- WJAC TV
- 4/14/2017 10:29:00 PM
PFBC to Sponsor "Fish PA! Kayak Giveaway”
- HARRISBURG, Pa. (April 14) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) has partnered with Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg to sponsor a giveaway that includes a Penn State themed fishing kayak, camping equipment, and a rod/reel combo, all to be ...
- 4/14/2017 4:46:00 PM
Better knots mean more fishing stories will have happy endings
- With three weeks until the opening of Pennsylvania's statewide trout season, there's time for beginners to practice and for veterans to tighten up those knot-tying skills. "Talk to light tackle and fly fishermen about the biggest fish they've hooked and ..
- Lewiston Tribune Online
- 4/14/2017 7:16:00 AM
Fish and Boat Commission listens to bass anglers
- For some time bass anglers have been saying plenty to the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission about its proposal to remove the closed season on smallmouth and largemouth bass in the middle and lower Susquehanna and lower Juniata rivers. Proving it has ..
- Lewistown Sentinel
- 4/13/2017 5:27:00 AM
Leaky lake in Boiling Springs to close for future fishing seasons
- (WHTM) – A popular family and fishing destination in Boiling Springs will have to shut down in the upcoming summers. The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission is giving an update on Children’s Lake at a South Middleton Township meeting Thursday.
- 4/12/2017 10:32:00 PM
Last first day for Pennsylvania trout fishing 2017 on Saturday
- Trout anglers have one more chance at a first day this year in the statewide opening day of trout season at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 15. It will be the first day of the general trout fishing season in the 49 counties of the state, where the regional opening
- Central Pennsylvania
- 4/12/2017 10:19:00 AM
Kick off trout season with no mess or fuss
- It’s spring, and you know what that means: the start of trout fishing season in Western Pennsylvania. Thousands of anglers will be angling for the best fishing spots in local streams and lakes on Saturday's statewide opening of trout season. And the ones .
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- 4/12/2017 4:03:00 AM
5 serene Pennsylvania streams to go trout fishing
- The 2017 PA trout season is now underway. It opened last week in Lancaster and 17 other southeast Pennsylvania counties. That’s great. It gives people the chance to head out before and after work to catch some fish. I get that. But I have to admit, I ...
- Lancaster Online
- 4/11/2017 11:11:00 AM
Teaching kids to fish takes time and a tackle box
- All it takes is an inexpensive fishing pole and a tackle box. q q q Charlie Burchfield is an active member and past president of the Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association, an active member of the Professional Outdoor Media Association, Outdoor Writers .
- 4/10/2017 9:56:00 AM
State police, kids take part in Fish with a Trooper Day
- They get to see that police officers are human, and that we like to do fun things outdoors," said Trooper Marc Allen of the Pennsylvania State Police in Bethlehem. Fish With A Trooper Day was sponsored by The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and Cabel
- 69 WFMZ TV News
- 4/9/2017 3:03:00 PM
Editorial | Take the kids out to enjoy a day of fishing
- The mentoring program was launched in 2013 by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission as a way of introducing youngsters to the joys of fishing without having to joust with the crowds on opening day. The young anglers are allowed to keep two trout with .
- 4/7/2017 7:55:00 AM
PFBC stocking fish for opening day of trout season
- BROCKWAY - The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission has been working hard to make sure the waters are ready for anglers on opening day next weekend. The PFBC stocked Walburn Run, Rattlesnake Creek, Rattlesnake Run, Wolf Run and Little Toby Creek in ...
- WJAC TV
- 4/6/2017 9:12:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Pennsylvania Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Pennsylvania.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.