Idaho Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Idaho?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Idaho Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Idaho Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Idaho's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Idaho Division of Environmental Quality
- As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. DEQ manages a broad range of activities including:
Idaho Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Idaho.
Fish and Game investigating potential chukar poaching
- BOISE - Idaho Fish and Game is investigating a potential chukar poaching case. They are asking anybody if they've seen these people. These photos were taken on March 18th in the Boise River Wildlife Management Area. One of the photos shows a man carrying a
- 4/28/2017 11:53:00 PM
Fish and Game searching for poaching suspects
- According to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, these two men are suspects in a potential chukar poaching case. These photos were taken on March 18 on the Boise River Wildlife Management Area. They clearly show suspect one carrying a shotgun and a ...
- Idaho State Journal
- 4/28/2017 10:38:00 PM
Idaho Fish and Game Ask for Public to Help ID Suspected Trailer Thief
- TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX) Idaho wildlife officials say a trailer packed with expensive animal tracking equipment was stolen and they are asking for the public to help identify the suspect caught on camera. According to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game
- Newsradio 1310
- 4/28/2017 2:34:00 PM
May fish stocking for Magic Valley waters
- JEROME — Hoping for some successful fishing? The Idaho Department of Fish and Game released this May schedule for its fish stocking in the Magic Valley region. The department stocks 10- to 12-inch rainbow trout unless otherwise noted. Stocking is ...
- Twin Falls Times-News
- 4/27/2017 5:13:00 PM
Brief: 40th Kiwanis Kids Free Fishing Clinic on Saturday
- Moscow Kiwanians, Idaho Fish and Game, Moscow Parks and Recreation and the University of Idaho chapter of the American Fisheries Society will host the 40th annual Kiwanis Kids Free Fishing Clinic from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at Hordemann Pond Kiwanis Park.
- Moscow-Pullman Daily News
- 4/27/2017 7:27:00 AM
Department of Fish and Game searching for man who stole goods
- JEROME, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) In early April, a thief made off with tens of thousands of dollars of big game live-trapping and monitoring equipment, together with the Fish and Game trailer they were stored in. Now the public’s help is being sought to bring ...
- KMVT News
- 4/27/2017 5:47:00 AM
New fee to be added to Idaho hunting and fishing licenses starting May 1
- Hunters, anglers and trappers will see new prices starting May 1 with the addition of a $5 Access/Depredation fee for resident adults and $10 for nonresident adults when they buy their first annual license. The new fee will pay for land access for ...
- Idaho State Journal
- 4/26/2017 7:37:00 PM
Be patient with fishing options
- One of the safest and most predictable would be local ponds. The Idaho Department of Fish and Game are stocking Gem County ponds this week with over 2,000 rainbow trout. Additions were made at Ed’s Pond, Sawyer’s Pond and the Mill Pond in Horseshoe Bend.
- Messenger Index
- 4/26/2017 12:37:00 PM
Fish & Game: Grab a rod, go fishing at a local pond
- Ponds are the underdogs of Idaho’s fishing waters, but acre—for—acre, they can provide as much fishing opportunity as Idaho’s famed destinations, according to officials with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. For the full story, pick up a copy ...
- Mountain Home News
- 4/26/2017 6:05:00 AM
Fish and Game: New Fees Go Into Effect May 1
- TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX) – You can save a few bucks if you buy an annual fishing, hunting or trapping license before May 1. Stephen Schauer/ThinkStock New prices on the tags – an additional $5 access and depredation fee for resident adults and $10 for ...
- Newsradio 1310
- 4/24/2017 6:50:00 PM
Taking a bite out of the decline of fish population
- ISLAND PARK, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK/KXPI) - Idaho Fish and Game has a plan to relocate pelicans, which is a critical part to the population decline that is having an impact on anglers. The department has created a plastic fence to keep the pelicans out of an ...
- Local News 8
- 4/24/2017 6:18:00 PM
Brief: 'Take Me Fishing!' trailer coming to Moscow
- A fishing license is not needed for the event for those who register at the trailer. Stocked with equipment and information, Idaho Fish and Game's "Take Me Fishing" trailers travel to local ponds across the state to get children and adults excited about ..
- Moscow-Pullman Daily News
- 4/24/2017 7:12:00 AM
Hells Canyon Chinook Opens April 22
- Managers with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and Idaho Fish and Game expect a modest run of about 2,000 hatchery spring Chinook to return to Hells Canyon Dam. "Unfortunately, Chinook runs have been lagging in recent years due to unfavorable ...
- 4/21/2017 8:57:00 AM
Idaho Fish and Game trailer stolen in Boise
- BOISE -- Investigators are asking for the public's help identifying a suspect in the theft of a Idaho Department of FIsh and Game trailer in Boise earlier this month. The cargo trailer was taken April 7 from near the Fish and Game headquarters at 600 South
- 4/20/2017 5:54:00 PM
Alan Liere’s fish and game report for April 20
- Acre-for-acre, Idaho ponds can provide as much fishing opportunity as Idaho’s more famed destinations. Their waters typically warm fast, which makes fish active and conditions perfect for stocking trout, which Fish and Game crews are doing now.
- The Spokesman-Review
- 4/19/2017 9:46:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Idaho Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Idaho.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.