Washington Fishing Forecast
Check out what are Washington Fishing hotspots, and which fish species can be caught at this time.
Just pan and zoom the map to select the fishing area of your interest, then hover with your mouse over the pushpins to see fishing forecast for each location.
Want to contribute with information about fishing conditions and forecasts?
Please email Email EZFishing with that information and we will be glad to act on your input.
Washington Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Washington?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Washington Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Washington Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of the Washigton State's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Washington State Conservation Commission
Washington Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Washington.
Phillips column: Walleye is a fish worth looking for
- Because walleye are non-native species, and are very predatory, the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife officially eliminated daily catch and size limits on walleye in the Columbia River up to Chief Joseph Dam as another step to help the ...
- Yakima Herald
- 4/27/2017 4:26:00 AM
Love Fishing Gear? These 6 Buys Give Back
- Costa’s Kick Plastic campaign encourages fishermen to ditch single-use water bottles and plastic bags. Washington state residents can drive home the importance of conserving native steelhead populations with an endangered wildlife license plate ...
- 4/24/2017 11:39:00 PM
Columbia Park pond is stocked with fish
- KENNEWICK, WA - Right now millions of trout are being stocked in lakes and ponds across Washington state, including the pond in Kennewick's Columbia Park. This is the 20th year that the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife stocks the Columbia .
- NBC Right Now
- 4/20/2017 12:03:00 AM
Fishing season on local lakes starts Saturday
- The passes are transferable between two vehicles. Anglers who use Washington State Parks or Department of Natural Resource areas need a Discover Pass. Anglers should check fishing regulations on WDFW’s webpage at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/.
- 4/19/2017 4:57:00 PM
This Washington state dam is trying to be fish-friendly
- The Wanapum Dam is massive. It's a mile and a half across, spanning the width of the mighty, rushing Columbia River. "It really looks like a concrete wall with transformers and electrical wires coming off of it. On the right bank, those are the spillways..
- 4/13/2017 3:26:00 PM
Alan Liere’s fish and game report for April 13
- Hunters may enter the drawings at license vendors, Fish and Game offices, online here, or by calling 1-800-554-8685. The Washington State Council International Federation of Fly Fishers 11th annual Fly Fishing Fair will run May 5-6 at the Kittitas Valley .
- The Spokesman-Review
- 4/12/2017 10:52:00 PM
Fishing On a Charter Boat? Here Are Some Tips
- My son Sam with a nice king caught 2 years ago on a charter in Washington state. My other son Joe and I this past weekend on Monterey Bay. No fish, but we still had fun! This year’s salmon season is expected to be short because of low returning salmon ...
- 4/12/2017 6:23:00 PM
Kids fishing day set for April 29
- The statewide program was created to provide more fishing opportunities for youngsters in Washington state, according to a press release from the city of Longview. Children from 5 to 14 years old can participate. The fishing area will be netted with 2,500
- Longview Daily News
- 4/7/2017 5:57:00 AM
Commercial silver salmon fishing could return to Lower Kuskokwim this summer
- Commercial fishing could be returning to the Lower Kuskokwim this summer. Washington state fish buyer Pacific Harvest Seafood is working to anchor a fish processing vessel along the Bethel seawall from late July through August to buy silver salmon from ...
- KDLG 670AM 89.9FM Public Radio
- 4/6/2017 3:45:00 PM
Washington Lowland Lakes and Fishing Derby Open April 22
- The passes are transferable between two vehicles. Anglers who use Washington State Parks or Department of Natural Resource areas need a Discover Pass. Information on the pass can be found at http://discoverpass.wa.gov/ Before heading out, anglers should ..
- 4/4/2017 8:23:00 AM
Fisherman convicted of discharging oily waste
- SEATTLE — The owner of a fishing vessel has been convicted in federal court of discharging oily waste into Washington state’s coastal waters, in violation of the Clean Water Act. Bingham Fox, owner of the Native Sun, was convicted this week following a ...
- The Republic
- 4/1/2017 6:42:00 PM
Revealing the Unknowns of an Unusual Catch a Sixgill Shark
- And though they’re typically deepwater fish, the sharks are sometimes also found in some surprisingly shallow waters, such as Puget Sound in Washington State. It’s thought that there’s just one global species of this shark, but if the new specimen is ...
- 3/30/2017 5:30:00 PM
340K Fingerlings Lost at Trout Hatchery
- More than a quarter-million trout fingerlings at the Chelan Fish Hatchery in Washington state were lost recently due to heavy rains. According to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, around 340,000 rainbow, brook and tiger trout fingerlings ...
- 3/29/2017 4:34:00 PM
Leisure Time: Toy boat building, fly fishing fair, help clean a bridge
- To inquire, contact Steve Jahn, 425-830-4981 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The nonprofit Washington State Council International Federation Fly Fishers will host the annual Fly Fishing Fair in Ellensburg, May 5-6, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kittitas Valley Event
- Stanwood Camano NEWS
- 3/28/2017 3:35:00 PM
Ghostfish Brewing Introduces Meteor Shower Blonde Ale
- Ghostfish Brewing is the first and only dedicated gluten-free craft brewery located in Washington state. Since opening in February 2015, Ghostfish Brewing has been exploring the uncharted waters of never before-used brewing techniques and testing the ...
- 3/22/2017 2:53:00 PM
Boaters warned of WS River fish traps
- The work is being supported by grants from the Washington State Salmon Recovery Funding Board and the Clark-Skamania Flyfishers. This work is part of an effort by scientists from several agencies and the Yakama Nation to study the distribution and ...
- Hood River News
- 3/22/2017 7:45:00 AM
Some fish-wildlife legislation still alive in Olympia
- Substitute version would put Washington State University instead of the state Fish and Wildlife Department in charge of monitoring affected elk and coming up with solutions. SJR 8206: Amending the state Constitution through a general election vote to ...
- The Spokesman-Review
- 3/19/2017 12:31:00 PM
Fish habitat protection program stirs controversy
- Washington state’s hamstrung program for protecting fish habitat is overdue for a makeover. Facing potential budget cuts, lawsuits, and threats of more endangered fish species, the agency that runs the program is hoping 2017 will be be the year it gets ...
- 3/17/2017 7:04:00 AM
Big News for Animal Masseuses, Auctioneers and Fishing Guides
- The market in Washington state is flooded with jobs requiring a license — animal masseuse, auctioneer, boxing announcer, fishing guide, landscape architect, manicurist and horse floater, to name a few. They just can’t keep up with the demand.
- 3/15/2017 8:52:00 PM
Washington: State Seeks Comment on Salmon Fisheries
- OLYMPIA – State fishery managers have scheduled more than a dozen public meetings through mid-April – including three in eastern Washington –as they continue to develop this year's salmon fishing seasons. The public meetings are opportunities for ...
- 3/13/2017 4:59:00 AM
Cowlitz Fishing Guide Fined for Killing Wild Coho, Clipping Fins
- However, that action was caught on the web broadcast, and the activity was reported to the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. According to the DOJ release, Swann told investigators the adipose fins could have been photoshopped. This week ...
- 3/9/2017 7:40:00 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
- John Farrar
- Fly Fishing Guide
- A river-tested veteran, John Farrar has served as a licensed guide on the rivers of Washington State since 1981.
- Sound Fly Fishing
- Salt Water Fly Fishing Guide
- Sound Fly Fishing, a salt water guide service that will take you on a fly.
Shing adventure to the waters of Puget Sound.
- Pat's Atomic Guide Service
- Fly Fishing Guide
- Providing quality guided fly fishing on Washington's Yakima River and other quality trout fisheries.
- Able Guide Service
- Custom fresh and salt water flyfishing adventures all over Washington State. Fishing for salmon, steelhead and trout on the Olympic Peninisula and South West Washington .
- Angler's Obsession
- Angler's Obsession is a Washington based fly fishing guide service, determined to provide customers with the best fly fishing trip possible, tailoring each trip to their needs and abilities, guiding on the Yakima River for trout or on the Olympic Peninsula for trophy steelhead.
- Arch Anglers
- Seattle based experience flyfishing guide service, traveling around Washington in search of sea-run and resident fish on the fly.
- Brazda's Fly Fishing Guide Service
- Professional flyfishing guide, servicing the rivers of the Olympic Peninsula for steelhead, southwest Montana and Yakima rivers for trout
- Dickson Flyfishing Steelhead Guides
- Flyfishing guide service specialized in flyfishing for steelhead, servicing mostly on Skykomish, Stillaguamish, Skagit and Sauk as well as on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Doug Rouse Flyfishing
- Doug Rose is a full time outdoor writer and fly fishing guide based on the Olympic Peninsula
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Washington Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Washington.
- Clearwater Fly Casters
- The Clearwater Fly Casters is a member club of the Federation of Fly Fishers, including anglers of all levels of ability, ranging from beginners to internationally recognized experts.
- Northwest Women FlyFishers
- The NorthWestern Women FlyFisher organization is dedicated to the promotion, education and support of women in the sport of fly fishing, encouragement and advocacy of conservation, increase of wild fish, and the restoration of streams and lakes in the Northwest.
- Evergreen Fly Fishing Club
- Founded in 1954 and located in Everett, the Evergreen Fly Fishing Club's mission is to emphasize fishing activities, education and conservation.
- Greywolf Fly Fishing Club
- Located nearby Port Townsend and Sequim, the Greywolf Fly Fishing Club is dedicated to sharing information, techniques and knowledge about the art of flyfishing and to enjoying the fellowship of others fly-fishers.
- Hi-Lakers Club
- The Hi-Lakers club is a non-profit organization devoted to fishing, hiking and conserving high elevation lakes and surrounding country.
- Kitsap Fly Anglers
- Founded in 1988 in Kitsap County, the club has monthly meetings with programs related to to fly fishing, inviting speakers from the ranks of fly fishing columnists and writers, conservationists, TU or the FFF representatives, fly fishing guides, or the WDFW.
- Inland Empire Fishing Club
- Founded in 1956 in Spokane, the IEFFC is a Federation of Fly Fishers founders club and actively supports the FFF. The club is well-known for its active support of the conservation and management of fish and fishing waters throughout the Northwest.
- Matadors Fly Fishing Club
- Based in Seattle, the club strive to improve habitat and health of char worldwide, fish all available waters and occasionally tie flies.
- Northwest Fly Anglers
- Formed in 1972, the club is "dedicated to education, service, conservation and support while pursuing the art of angling with a fly"
- Overlake Fly Fishing Club
- The club is dedicated to the further enhancement of all fishing waters, intelligent management of our natural resources, continuing education in the art of fly tying and flyfishing, the understanding of applied entomology and promoting the conservation of fish and wildlife.
- Puget Sound Fly Fishers
- The Club was founded 1956 to encourage flyfishing, conservation and education. The club is an active member of the Washington State Council of the Federation of Flyfishers.
- Spokane Fly Fishers
- Founded in 1977 in Spokane, the Club provides a fly fishing activities for families, works to help people new to the area or new to fly fishing, in gaining the greatest possible appreciation and enjoyment of the sport.
- The Washington Fly Fishing Club
- The Washington Fly Fishing Club is a social organization of flyfishermen whose mission is to provide resources to members, improve fisheries and habitat, and develop a public conservation ethic through fly fishing.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.