Alabama Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alabama?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alabama Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alabama Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alabama's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alabama Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alabama.
Police reel in two Alabama men for cheating in fishing tournament
- Rigging bass tournaments landed a pair of Alabama men on ice after rival anglers became suspicious of their dominance and tipped off investigators. Gary Lee Minor Jr., 37, of Albertville, and Robert Scott Gillaspie, 45, of Boaz, won six tournaments in a ..
- FOX News
- 9/18/2014 11:38:00 AM
Bass fishing tournament on Oct. 11 to benefit BCHS Baseball program
- BAY MINETTE, Alabama -- A bass fishing tournament is planned Oct. 11 at Cliff's Landing in Bay Minette, with proceeds benefitting the Baldwin County High School baseball team. The tournament begins at safe light and ends at 3 p.m. The entry fee is $100 per
- AL.com Bloggers
- 9/17/2014 2:02:21 PM
2 men convicted of cheating in fishing tourney in Guntersville
- GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (AP) – Two north Alabama men have been convicted of cheating during a fishing tournament on Lake Guntersville. A judge convicted Gary Lee Minor Jr. of Albertville and Robert Scott Gillaspie of Boaz after a non-jury trial Monday.
- CBS 42
- 9/16/2014 9:38:41 AM
2 Alabama men convicted of cheating in fishing tourney
- A judge convicted Gary Lee Minor Jr. of Albertville and Robert Scott Gillaspie of Boaz after a non-jury trial Monday. There were found guilty of theft by deception and tampering with a sporting event. To avoid jail the men must pay $1,000 and court costs .
- Tuscaloosa News
- 9/16/2014 8:55:44 AM
2 Alabama men convicted of cheating in bass fishing tournament
- GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama — Two north Alabama men have been convicted of cheating during a fishing tournament on Lake Guntersville. A judge convicted Gary Lee Minor Jr. of Albertville and Robert Scott Gillaspie of Boaz after a non-jury trial Monday.
- The Republic
- 9/16/2014 8:34:15 AM
2 Ala men convicted of cheating in fishing tourney
- GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Two north Alabama men have been convicted of cheating during a fishing tournament on Lake Guntersville. A judge convicted Gary Lee Minor Jr. of Albertville and Robert Scott Gillaspie of Boaz after a non-jury trial Monday.
- 9/16/2014 7:29:50 AM
US Fish, Wildlife Service list Georgia rockcress as endangered species
- ATLANTA — Federal wildlife officials say a perennial herb found in Georgia and Alabama has been declared as threatened under the Endangered Species Act. Officials from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service say the Georgia rockcress will be considered an ...
- The Republic
- 9/12/2014 4:49:56 AM
US Catfish Market Update: Catfish Production Down 18 per cent
- US - The USDA catfish production report has now been reinstituted. In 2012 the three major states, Mississippi, Arkansas and Alabama had 78,300 acres in production with an estimated food fish inventory of 160 million fish. The report for July 2014 however
- The Fish Site
- 9/11/2014 6:59:58 AM
Fishing for stronger relationships between fathers and teens
- The fishing guides will be provided by Fish Lake Guntersville Guide Service. All fishermen will need an Alabama fishing license, which can be obtained at www.outdooralabama.com.fishing/freshwater/license/. “The fishing tournament requires a close working .
- The Redstone Rocket
- 9/10/2014 8:27:03 AM
Hook to cook: fishing Alabama's Gulf Coast
- There’s a place on the Gulf Coast where the ocean sparkles turquoise, white sand sifts through your toes, and the water teems with fish of all types: amberjack, snapper, grouper, triggerfish, mackerel, shark. Unlike the gray, muddy waters of the Gulf in ..
- San Diego Reader
- 9/9/2014 2:44:39 AM
Man bitten by shark while fishing on Dauphin Island
- A man has been attacked by a shark while fishing on Dauphin Island, Alabama. Jamie Robson, 43, was standing in the water reeling in a fish on Saturday afternoon at around 1pm when the incident occurred.
- AOL Travel
- 9/7/2014 4:01:35 PM
Man recovering from minor shark bite after Dauphin Island fishing trip
- DAUPHIN ISLAND, Alabama — Police in coastal Alabama say a man is recovering after being bitten by a shark during a fishing trip. Dauphin Island police officer Lester Banfield tells al.com (http://bit.ly/1wdhAj1) 43-year-old James Robson was standing ...
- The Republic
- 9/7/2014 12:59:38 AM
ADSFR Featured on 'Fish Mavericks'
- This year's Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo may be in the books but you have a chance to relive the fun in the form of reality TV. The rodeo will be featured in the season ending episode of 'Fish Mavericks' on NBC Sports Channel. The series follows the ...
- WPMI NBC Local 15
- 9/3/2014 10:54:21 PM
Rainbow trout fishing in North Alabama at Lewis Smith Dam
- The rainbow trout are biting in north Alabama. What'd you say? There are no rainbow trout in Alabama because there's no water cold enough for rainbow trout, right? Wrong. There is one spot in Alabama that can support rainbow trout - the Lewis Smith Dam ...
- 8/31/2014 5:54:16 AM
Central Maine lakes draw Major League Fishing anglers for tournament
- Vose said he heard one of the fishermen, Aaron Martens, of Alabama, caught more than 100 fish while competing on Long Pond. Martens reeled in a couple of bass Saturday morning off the tip of an island on China Lake while a cameraman in the back of the boat
- 8/30/2014 8:50:15 PM
Big Cat Quest fishing waters of Rome today with weigh-in at Kroger
- Some of the anglers will fish as far away as Weiss Lake in Alabama prior to the weigh-in which will take place at Kroger, 1476 Turner McCall Blvd., in East Rome. The weigh-n will begin as early as 1 p.m. and all anglers must be out of the water by 3 p.m ..
- Fish Wrap
- 8/30/2014 6:59:53 AM
Bass Fishing After Grass/vegetation Spraying
- If you haven't heard already, about two months ago the TVA sprayed the vegetation/grasses pretty heavily (from what I hear) on the majority of Lake Gunstersville I live and fish a with a club in South Alabama and have a 2 day club tournament at G'ville the
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/28/2014 4:17:37 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alabama Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alabama.
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman Association is an inshore saltwater fishing club, which promotes friendship, sportsmanship and conservation along coastal Alabama.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.