Alabama Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alabama?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alabama Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alabama Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alabama's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alabama Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alabama.
Hoffmans, Noling, Sikes inducted into Wall of Fame
- Larry was an early pioneer in the local flyfishing scene ... state and federal fish and wildlife regulations and legislative issues involving the same. He has written about fishing and hunting in Alaska, Alabama, Colorado, South Dakota, Montana, New ...
- The Rockport Pilot
- 3/25/2015 10:03:53 AM
State reveals changes to hunting, fishing seasons
- Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Director Chuck Sykes said a few changes are recommended for the 2015-16 waterfowl season. WFF recommends that the Upper Delta Wildlife Management Area, the Mobile-Tensaw Delta and W.L. Holland WMAs cease all-day ..
- Sand Mountain Reporter
- 3/23/2015 4:32:48 PM
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Weekly Fishing Report
- The bite should get better over the next few days on small crankbaits and spinnerbaits worked shallow and Alabama rigs and jerkbaits for suspended fish near deeper water. The walleye spawn in the river is just about over; it happened very quickly this year
- The Cabin
- 3/21/2015 1:11:46 AM
Lakeside adding fishing, volleyball and track
- The Lakeside School is joining a growing trend around Alabama by adding a fishing team to its list of athletics, with 10 boys and two girls appearing at the first meeting for the new program. Eufaula High School already has a bass-fishing team in place ...
- Dothan Eagle
- 3/20/2015 11:07:05 AM
Friday Fishing Report
- Alabama rigs with small shad-tail jigs are the can't miss rig, but single shad tail jigs and swimbaits are also effective, and for those who take the time to scoop up some live shad, the largest fish become easy targets. The whites also travel well up ...
- 3/20/2015 7:46:39 AM
New Fish Species Named After Star Wars Character
- Auburn, Alabama (CNN) - A previously unknown species of catfish has been named for the wide-eyed, puckered-mouth "Stars Wars" character it resembles. Its scientific name is Peckoltia Greedoi, and it is known for its large, dark eyes, puckered lips and ...
- Siouxland matters
- 3/20/2015 7:39:30 AM
THEATER REVIEW: SpeakEasy's ‘Big Fish' makes a big splash
- "Big Fish" has swum through our culture in many ways. It's the story of an Alabama father, Edward Bloom, who has told whopping stories all of his life, upsetting his now grown son, Will, who wants to know the truth about his father's life. It began as a ..
- Milford Daily News
- 3/19/2015 11:54:12 PM
Fish art contest casting for entries for 17th year
- OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — A line has been cast for entries for this year's Youth State-Fish Art Contest in Alabama and nationwide. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) has partnered with Wildlife Forever out of Brooklyn Center ..
- Fish Wrap
- 3/15/2015 1:57:39 PM
OUTDOORS: New state fishing regulations in effect
- Foremost among the new statewide regulations is classification of the Alabama bass as a fish species in Tennessee. The bass is not native to the Tennessee River drainage, but they have made their way into several reservoirs in East Tennessee, including ...
- Leaf Chronicle
- 3/14/2015 11:10:02 PM
Lorance: Weather keeps fishing spotty
- The weather conditions have dictated how the fish are being taken. The Alabama rigs seem to be the No. 1 fish-catching lures. While jerk baits, shallow running crank baits, big jigs and trailer have all been producers. But dont forget. You have to fish all
- Daily News Journal
- 3/14/2015 7:35:17 PM
Georgia prep fishing tournament is coming to Wildwood Park
- Russell has received a bit of rain so the backs of creeks may be a bit off color. I also am throwing small Alabama Rigs around rocks and rock/wood formations. The Kentucky Spotted Bass also are showing up. Spinnerbaits, jerk baits and Greenfish swim jigs .
- The Augusta Chronicle
- 3/12/2015 10:22:17 PM
- Saturday morning just when I was getting ready to go to the Sportsman's Show I get a call from a great couple from Alabama. Don Stout and his wife Katherine wanted to go fishing. They were in New Orleans at the time so they came down and we got underway ..
- Louisiana Sportsman
- 3/11/2015 11:56:32 PM
Fishing is Big Bucks for Florida Tourism
- The Tournament starts in May and continues through Labor day in September. Fish caught from the Alabama border to the Everglades are fair game. The tournament mirrors a similar event in Texas that drew 40,000 anglers.
- Capitol News Service
- 3/11/2015 8:36:06 PM
Carolinas fishing: From crappie to bluefin, prospects improving
- Lakes James, Rhodhiss, Hickory: Good at James for smallmouth bass, mainly on shiners. They’re also striking small Alabama rigs. Crappie catches are fair to good at all three lakes. Hickory looks to be best for largemouth fishing. Fontana Lake ...
- Charlotte Observer
- 3/11/2015 6:52:54 AM
Youth State-Fish Art Contest casting for entries for 17th year
- A line has been cast for entries for this year’s Youth State-Fish Art Contest in Alabama and nationwide. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) has partnered with Wildlife Forever out of Brooklyn Center, Minn., for the 17th ..
- Opelika-Auburn News
- 3/10/2015 9:20:14 PM
Bassmaster Classic returns to Wolf Creek Park in March 2016
- I can't wait!" Past Classic winner Randy Howell, who earned the top prize during the 2014 Classic at Lake Gunthersville, near Birmingham, Alabama, the news the tournament would return to Grove was greeted with excitement. "I fished the Grand Lake Classic .
- Grand Lake News
- 3/9/2015 3:59:18 PM
Westmont High presents 'Big Fish'
- Westmont High presents 'Big Fish' Westmont High will present 'Big Fish,' a Broadway musical set in the swamps of Alabama, at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and March 19, 20 and 21, at the school's theater, 4805 Westmont Ave., Campbell. Tickets, from $5 to $15
- San Jose Mercury News
- 3/9/2015 1:47:28 AM
Hot bass lures for cold-water fishing
- RED-EYE SHAD: Pro fisherman Kevin VanDam made this Strike King lure famous after he used it in frigid conditions to win the 2010 Bassmaster Classic on Lay Lake in Alabama. Fishing in water temperatures that were in the 40s at the start of the tournament ..
- The Kansas City Star
- 3/7/2015 7:40:36 AM
Steve Price, John Neporadny pen fishing books to entertain, educate
- $24.95. Tournament bass fishing didn't take the world by storm. It evolved under the leadership of an Alabama huckster named Ray Scott, creator of the Bass Anglers Sportsmen Society that hosted the rich events. Scott was unbelievably fortunate in luring ..
- Cleveland Plain Dealer
- 3/6/2015 3:05:36 PM
Youth State Fish Art Contest Enters 17th Year
- March 6, 2015 - Orange Beach, AL (OBA) - The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR) has partnered for 17 years with Wildlife Forever to conduct the State Fish Art Contest. The contest requires student artists to depict a state fis
- 3/6/2015 1:11:04 PM
March 6 fish report
- The largemouth bass bite is best on smaller minnows, nightcrawlers, Senkos, plastics or Alabama rigs. The largemouth are mostly showing around the pillars at bridge crossings. Lots of keeper fish in the action. The bluegill bite also broke wide open in the
- 3/5/2015 11:20:42 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alabama Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alabama.
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman Association is an inshore saltwater fishing club, which promotes friendship, sportsmanship and conservation along coastal Alabama.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.