Alabama Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alabama?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alabama Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alabama Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alabama's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alabama Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alabama.
CRAPPIE MADNESS INVADES BASS PRO SHOPS
- Learn fishing tips and techniques of various styles of Crappie Fishing from local and top pro anglers. Preparing to roll into Prattville Alabama for the first two days of seminars at the Bass Pro Shop at 2553 Rocky Mount Rd are the Pro Angler team Crappie
- Outdoors FIRST
- 2/5/2016 10:38:57 PM
Alabama's public fishing lakes
- Back to Main Menu Alabama Basketball Alabama Baseball Alabama Softball Alabama Gymnastics Back to Main Menu Auburn Basketball Auburn Baseball Auburn Softball Auburn Gymnastics Back to Main Menu SEC Cocktail: Alabama SEC Cocktail: Auburn
- 2/3/2016 7:35:12 PM
Fish Tales: Record-Size Freshwater Catches in Alabama
- Some anglers fish for sport, some fish for food, and others fish for bragging rights. With more than 325 species of freshwater fish in Alabama, a number of record-breaking catches have been made in the state. The procedure for declaring a record catch ...
- News Max
- 2/2/2016 4:01:38 PM
Fish report for Feb. 4
- He said, “I wasn’t marking any fish, and I trolled an Alabama-rig, a jerkbait, a swimbait, and jigged for only an 18-ink keeper. I went to a live minnow and the rod immediately went off, and after a 20 minute battle, I was able to land a striper at 39 ...
- The Modesto Bee
- 2/2/2016 7:26:15 AM
UNA duo record fishing victory
- A trip to Florida turned out to be a profitable one for two members of the North Alabama bass fishing team. UNA freshmen Lake Blasingame and Triston Crowder teamed up to win the VSU-ABAC Collegiate Open tournament on Lake Toho in Kissimmee, Florida on Jan
- Times Daily
- 1/30/2016 12:23:18 PM
Oden: Dad loved ‘fishing cat’ more than he would admit
- Dad cried… just a bit. But those few tears meant a lot. He never again had a pet cat. She was the one-and-only original fishing cat. • Steve Oden is an award-winning columnist and former newspaper editor in Tennessee and Alabama.
- 1/26/2016 4:17:06 PM
East Texas area fishing report
- Also some fish holding on deeper structure in 20-25 feet, hitting cranks, Carolina rigs and Alabama rigs. Crappie are hit or miss around brush piles in 20 feet. CEDAR CREEK — Water level is at normal pool and stained. Surface temp in the high 40s ...
- Athens Daily Review
- 1/26/2016 11:09:18 AM
SpotSticker sponsoring FLW pro Johnson
- "SpotSticker, which was started in Alabama, is now a local company in the Lake Lanier area, where Jason resides and cut his teeth in bass fishing. "Jason’s fishing style fits our product line perfectly. He will have our full line of jigs, spinnerbaits ...
- 1/23/2016 12:21:27 AM
Largemouth Bass: 7 Facts About Georgia's Official State Fish
- The state of Georgia shares its official fish, the largemouth bass, with neighbors in Tennessee, Alabama, and nearby Mississippi. Anglers fishing in Georgia can enjoy many spots for seeking this popular game and trophy fish. "Do you want to fish big ...
- News Max
- 1/22/2016 6:16:23 PM
Okuma adds Elite angler Clent Davis
- BassFIRST - Published January 21, 2016 Okuma Fishing Tackle has added Alabama based B.A.S.S. Elite Series angler Clent Davis to the Okuma factory Pro-Staff. Davis will be utilizing Okuma's Helios tournament bass rods and reels as he enters his rookie ...
- Outdoors FIRST
- 1/21/2016 1:31:14 PM
Crappie Masters fishing tournament set this weekend
- Anglers worldwide recognize the St. Johns River as a speckled perch fishing mecca. Anglers from across the country — including states such as Alabama, Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, Mississippi, New York, Tennessee and South Carolina — are expected to take ...
- Daytona Beach News-Journal
- 1/20/2016 5:54:17 AM
Okuma Fishing Adds BASS Elite Series Angler Clent Davis to Pro Team
- Okuma Fishing Tackle has added Alabama based B.A.S.S. Elite Series angler Clent Davis to the Okuma factory Pro-Staff. Davis will be utilizing Okuma’s Helios tournament bass rods and reels as he enters his rookie season on the Elite Series after five ...
- Digital Journal
- 1/20/2016 2:19:32 AM
Big Fish Restaurant in Orange Beach gets a facelift, reopens
- But the community really embraced us." Despite the challenging locale of Big Fish, Lilayuva has one edge; he's been in the food and beverage business for most of his life along the Alabama Gulf Coast. "My father is from Thailand, but he has lived in Orange
- 1/13/2016 9:58:49 AM
New Fishing Cabins at Meaher Park
- BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WPMI) While some of Alabama's state parks are having to cut back, at least one in our area is expanding. Meaher State Park opened new fishing cabins Tuesday. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held for the two brand new cabins on the Cause
- WPMI NBC Local 15
- 1/12/2016 12:51:48 PM
The fishing trip that turned into a moving trip
- It was 15 miles from Gulf Shores, but it might as well have been a hundred. Our condo was the only one on the Alabama side of the island. It was isolated and private and peaceful and you could fish right outside your back door in the river or across the ..
- 1/12/2016 3:40:37 AM
OUTDOORS: Good news for those who fish for red snapper
- At a time of year when most people aren't thinking a lot about fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, Alabama anglers got some welcome news. It might not be a return to the good old days of a six-month season with a four-fish daily limit but things should be ...
- Tuscaloosa News
- 1/11/2016 5:36:20 AM
More rain expected on coast; floods free fish from aquarium
- FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — Forecasters say they expect 1 to 2 inches of rain across southeast Alabama, a few days after flood waters led workers to empty the fish from a large aquarium display in Florence. In southeast Alabama, the National Weather Service ...
- Times Daily
- 12/31/2015 7:15:16 AM
Alabama Student Angler Bass Fishing Association
- A new year is unfolding—like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within. Lord, let this year be filled with the things that are truly good—with the comfort of warmth in our relationships, with the strength to help those who need ...
- 12/31/2015 6:18:00 AM
Lawsuit Launched to Save Alabama Mussel, Tennessee Fish, Georgia Snail
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala.— The Center for Biological Diversity filed a formal notice of intent to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service today over its failure to protect three Southeast freshwater species under the Endangered Species Act. The Center petitioned ...
- 12/30/2015 3:23:13 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alabama Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alabama.
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman Association is an inshore saltwater fishing club, which promotes friendship, sportsmanship and conservation along coastal Alabama.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.