Alabama Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alabama?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alabama Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alabama Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alabama's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alabama Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alabama.
LA Kayak Fishing Boondoggle, October 2015
- Passionate about the Boondoggle kayak anglers travel from locations throughout Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana, Virginia, Texas, and from as far away as California, New Hampshire, and Maine. The Kayak Fishing Boondoggle is ..
- FLORIDA SPORTSMAN
- 3/4/2015 6:28:24 PM
Seasonal ‘fishing pox’ hits anglers
- Try fishing Ramsey and McCrary creeks where the water temperature is a few degrees warmer than other creeks. Anglers using the Alabama rig continue to boast about the quality and quantity of stripers, hybrids and bass. Large crappies are hitting minnows.
- Charlotte Observer
- 3/4/2015 4:12:23 PM
March fishing report
- n Largemouth bass: Fishing will be fair to good later in the month. Best lures will be Alabama rigs, jigs, drop-shot rigs, crank baits, spinner baits, jigging spoons and jerk baits. Most largemouth bass will be caught on or around secondary points ...
- The Roanoke Times
- 3/3/2015 7:45:20 AM
RUSSELL SMITH: Family fishing, outdoors fun all around
- This will begin a six-tournament pace that continues at Lewis Smith Lake (Alabama), Beaver (Arkansas), Lake Eufala (Alabama), Lake Chickamauga (Tennessee) and Potomac River (Maryland) that will allow the top anglers to qualify to fish this year's Forrest .
- San Angelo Standard-Times
- 3/2/2015 11:31:25 PM
Friday fish frys undergo changes new fish seen at restaurants
- Thus most churches are using Alaskan cod or pollock. “Some use breaded catfish that comes from Alabama,” he said. Bartosic suggests fish lovers seek Norwegian Skrei cod, which has just come on the market and is sought by restaurants. Every January to ...
- The News-Herald
- 2/27/2015 10:23:24 PM
- Arbuckle: February 21. Elevation below normal, water 45 and clear. Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass slow on Alabama rigs, jigs, crankbaits and wobble-headed jigs at 4 ft. in coves and at 32 ft. on creek bends and channels; on warm sunny days fish ..
- 2/27/2015 11:53:28 AM
Outdoors: NWA fishing report
- James Whittle at Hook, Line and Sinker said few anglers have ventured out on Beaver Lake. He recommends using Alabama rigs or jerk baits to catch black bass. Points are good areas to try. Target the midlake area for crappie. Fish 10 to 25 feet deep around
- NWA Online
- 2/26/2015 10:28:45 AM
Bass fishing has been good on East Texas lakes
- Water temp in the upper 40s. Bass are fair on jigs pitched around some of the deeper boat docks and on Alabama rigs and crank baits worked in the mouths of creeks at mid-range depths. Crappie fishermen reporting partial limits around deep timber using ...
- The Daily Tribune
- 2/25/2015 10:37:06 AM
Casey Ashley wins 2015 GEICO Bassmaster Classic Lake Hartwell
- I’ve surrounded myself with good people all of my life and it’s made a difference.” Springville, Alabama Randy Howell came to weigh in with just two fish on championship Sunday, 6-7 and a total of 37-2. “When it’s meant to be it’s meant to be.
- 2/22/2015 5:42:59 PM
North Augusta teenagers compete for a national fishing championship
- But after placing in the top ten percent at the Costa Bassmaster High School Southern Open out in Alabama, they're moving on to compete nationally against hundreds of other teams, and they're already prepping their game. "We'll start looking up fishing ...
- 2/20/2015 11:57:36 PM
Berkley Fishing - The Best Just Gets Better Sweepstakes
- Grand Prize: A three-night guided fishing trip for two to Lake Guntersville, Alabama to fish with Justin Lucas including car rental, $600 cash, and a tackle package. (ARV: $2,360) 2nd Prize: A bass fishing equipment prize package. (ARV: $750) 3rd Prize ...
- 2/19/2015 11:58:47 PM
What would Randy Howell do to win the ‘Classic,’ defending his title
- Alabama pro on fishing 2014 Lake Guntersville Bassmaster Classic “First warm Sunday morning of the Classic and I’ve been fishing the bridges all along and I’ve been the only one. Usually in the Elites when you find yourself fishing alone it could ...
- 2/19/2015 6:19:21 AM
UA club bass fishing ranked No. 5 after weekend win
- The University of Alabama is known for sports like football, gymnastics, softball and basketball, not bass fishing. While collegiate bass fishing is not an NCAA-sanctioned sport, the UA club team garners national attention and consistently finishes ...
- The Crimson White
- 2/17/2015 5:02:59 AM
Minnesota linebacker claims to be ice fishing whisperer
- Ice fishing today with Coach Sherels and most of the linebackers. Just so yall know I’m the fish whisperer ️ ️🐠🐟🐠🐟 pic.twitter.com/iaI9q8BMU2 Alabama continues to be turning a major profit and football is a big reason why.
- 2/16/2015 10:54:56 AM
FISHING REPORT: Winter blast throws curve to area anglers
- On the bass fishing trail, Rod Colyer at Colgard Outdoor Sports in Norton reports that the Alabama rig bite on Cherokee Lake has slowed down. “I’m sure you can still target some fish with the Alabama rig, but they were schooled up more last week and ...
- Times News
- 2/13/2015 5:10:43 PM
Reel Dill: This Barely-Legal Lure Makes Winter Fishing (Almost) Easy
- For the best results, ditch the jerk baits, jigs and swamp bugs, and grab a recent innovation that has been wildly successful, particularly for winter fishing: the Alabama Rig. “The Alabama Rig really shines this time of year, because you can throw it ...
- Lake Expo
- 2/13/2015 12:31:32 PM
Feb. 13 fish report
- Lots of keeper fish in the action. The largemouth bass bite is best on smaller minnows, nightcrawlers, or Alabama rigs. The largemouth are mostly showing around the pillars at bridge crossings. A few catfish and bluegill are also showing. Dan Hall ...
- 2/12/2015 4:36:07 PM
Gerald Swindle, Be positive on the water, be positive in the community
- "You take a Spook or a Lucky Craft and you can burn it right by ‘em. If they don’t bite it then you are fishing it to slow," Gerald Swindle Alabama Elite Series pro at a Western bass seminar. “People say you shouldn’t jerk so hard when you are flip ...
- 2/11/2015 8:30:32 AM
Fish Expert, UA Professor Emeritus Herbert Boschung Dies
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Dr. Herbert T. Boschung, professor emeritus of biology at The University of Alabama, died Thursday, Feb. 5 at Hospice of West Alabama in Tuscaloosa. He was 89. Boschung was nationally recognized for his work on freshwater fishes in ...
- 2/6/2015 3:24:29 PM
Prosecutors Accuse House Speaker of 'Fishing'
- Prosecutors are disparaging indicted Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard's effort to view their phone records as a baseless fishing expedition by the defense. The attorney general's office Wednesday objected to Hubbard's efforts to force prosecutors to ...
- News Center ABC 11 WTOK
- 2/5/2015 4:30:06 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alabama Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alabama.
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman Association is an inshore saltwater fishing club, which promotes friendship, sportsmanship and conservation along coastal Alabama.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.