Alabama Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Alabama?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Alabama Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Alabama Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Alabama's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Alabama Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Alabama.
Sabiki rigs lure bites from variety of fish
- Some call the sabiki a poor man’s Alabama rig, since it’s capable of hooking numerous fish at the same time. The sabiki rig costs less than $5, compared to $20 or more for an A-rig. Sabiki flies are made with fish-skin dressing, brightly colored ...
- Charlotte Observer
- 11/17/2015 7:27:30 PM
Schedule Made Dunkin's Decision An Easy One
- He continued to write and play music through high school, college and beyond, even after taking a full-time job with T-H Marine and while fishing tournaments around northern Alabama. In 2013, he recorded his first album entitled “64” in Muscle Shoals, ...
- 11/9/2015 5:03:40 AM
Theatre on the Ridge celebrates 40th anniversary with ‘Big Fish’
- Costumes are by Lupe Fischer, Nan Miner and Kenny Lyon. The story of “Big Fish” takes place in the little town of Ashton, Alabama. It tells the larger-than-life tale of Edward Bloom, a traveling salesman, who leads an extraordinary life according to ...
- Chico Enterprise-Record
- 11/4/2015 6:52:48 PM
Rainy weather increases fish numbers and sizes in Lake Sam Rayburn
- And it’s not just East Texans that are enjoying the fishing frenzy. ” I’ve seen people from Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, they come from everywhere,” Moore said. According to Sympson, the fishing is only going to get better. “It’s just about ...
- ABC 9 KTRE
- 11/4/2015 8:30:02 AM
Still Fishing for Solutions: 'Tragedy of the Commons' Approaches Fifty
- James McClintock is the Endowed University Professor of Polar and Marine Biology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. His latest book, A Naturalist Goes Fishing - Casting in Fragile Waters from the Gulf of Mexico to New Zealand's South Island (St ..
- The Huffington Post
- 11/3/2015 5:17:57 AM
Parrott Wins IFA Kayak Fishing Tour Championship!
- (Oct 31, 2015 - ) Benton Parrott, of Daphne, Alabama, measured a combined two-day total of 121.38 inches in length to win the 2015 IFA Kayak Fishing Tour Championship presented by Hobie Fishing at St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana, on Oct. 10. The angler won .
- Fishing World
- 10/31/2015 9:20:43 PM
SCAD Fishing Team lands All-American
- Foshee, a senior at Gardendale High School in Alabama, is the only female angler on the Bassmaster High School All-American Fishing Team and is the first female to earn an athletic scholarship for fishing. She has earned multiple top ten finishes in high .
- WJCL News
- 10/31/2015 4:31:24 AM
Can a Naturalist Go Fishing in Fragile Waters? [Excerpt]
- Each year, we drive from Birmingham, Alabama to Biloxi, Mississippi, squeezed into sedans and vans brimming with fishing gear. Arriving at Point Cadet Marina, nestled under the belly of the Golden Nugget Biloxi Casino (formerly the Isle of Capri Casino ...
- Scientific American
- 10/29/2015 11:53:24 PM
Fishing for fun
- REDSTONE ARSENAL, Alabama -- Old friends and new greeted the surviving family members as they arrived for the second annual fishing derby Oct. 25. The U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command and the Semper Fi Community ...
- United States Army
- 10/26/2015 4:47:28 PM
Hale Centre Theatre’s ‘Big Fish’ hooks hearts
- For Will Bloom, it’s the stories his father tells. Not that they’re bad stories. But witches, mermaids and giants? In Alabama? C’mon, Dad. “Big Fish,” playing at Hale Centre Theatre through Nov. 28, examines the struggle between Edward Bloom ...
- Deseret News
- 10/25/2015 11:58:09 PM
McCaig Wins Bass Fishing League Tournament on Neely Henry Lake
- The largest bass fishing site on the Web! The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide GADSDEN, Ala. (Oct. 26, 2015) – Mark McCaig of Oxford, Alabama, weighed a five-bass limit totaling 13 pounds even Saturday to win the Bass Fishing League (BFL) Regional ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 10/25/2015 11:58:09 PM
Refugees in Alabama Become Backbone of Fishing Industry, Community
- When groups of Southeast Asians boarded ships bound for American soil in the '70s, many of them had no idea where they were going, but they knew they were escaping wars in Vietnam and Cambodia. Now, some of these people live in a place that is both likely
- Voice of America
- 10/23/2015 8:08:28 AM
Outdoors Notebook: Hunting seasons, fishing tournaments and more
- Send it to Frankmako1@outlook.com. Through - Jan. 31: Bow Season, Zone A; www.outdooralabama.com. Oct. 24: Alabama Catfish Trail tournament on Alabama River; www.AlabamaCatfishTrail.com. Nov. 14-15: National Bass Trail finale at Guntersville out of ...
- 10/22/2015 1:07:19 AM
Lakes at OMSP serve as prime fishing spots
- Alabama’s rivers and lakes are among the most biologically diverse waterways in the world. Thirty-eight percent of North America’s fish species, 43 percent of its freshwater gill-breathing snails, 51 percent of its freshwater turtle species and 60 ...
- Shelby County Reporter
- 10/21/2015 3:06:01 PM
Dairy Plant Spill Blamed for Fish Kill in Alabama
- Environmental officials say a waste water spill at a dairy plant in suburban Birmingham, Ala. is to blame for a fish kill. The Alabama Department of Environmental Management says the spill resulted in low oxygen levels near a creek in Homewood where Dean .
- Ag Web
- 10/21/2015 4:50:25 AM
Regulating Red Snapper Fishing
- Alabama Marine Resources Officials contend they are better suited to manage red snapper fishery than the federal government. “You know we have the Alabama Snapper Check Program. It’s local, we’re doing it here with our personnel using a much less ...
- WKRG News 5
- 10/20/2015 10:45:20 PM
200 Homewood creek fish died in Barber's Dairy milk spill
- Over 200 fish found dead in a Homewood creek near Oxmoor Road died from lack of oxygen due to waste water spilled by Dean Foods, which owns Barber's Dairies and Mayfield Creameries, according to the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.
- WSFA 12
- 10/20/2015 11:25:18 AM
200 Homewood creek fish died in creamery waste water spill
- Over 200 fish found dead in a Homewood creek near Oxmoor Road died from lack of oxygen due to waste water spilled by Dean's Foods, which owns Barber's Dairies and Mayfield Creameries, according to the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.
- WSFA 12
- 10/20/2015 11:25:18 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Alabama Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Alabama.
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association
- Alabama Coastal Fisherman Association is an inshore saltwater fishing club, which promotes friendship, sportsmanship and conservation along coastal Alabama.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.