Kentucky Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Kentucky?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Kentucky Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Kentucky Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Kentucky's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Kentucky Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Kentucky.
Clift Leads Team Championship Classic Fish-Off
- That may be true, but boy, oh boy, did Scott Clift have a fantastic start to the Bassmaster Team Championship Classic Fish-Off tournament on Kentucky Lake. The 39-year old Dadeville, Mo., resident boated a five-bass limit that weighed 17 pounds ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 12/2/2016 11:37:09 PM
Kentucky biodiesel leak suffocates thousands of fish
- Thousands of fish have been killed by 3,000 gallons of biodiesel that leaked into a river from a truck stop in Kentucky, US. The diesel leaked into Little Eagle Creek near Sadieville in early to mid-November from a branch of the national Love’s Travel ...
- Biofuels International
- 12/2/2016 4:27:39 PM
Gift Ideas from Kentucky DFW
- FRANKFORT, Ky. – One by one, the photographs appear on the display screen in the darkened Commission Room at Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources headquarters, and the people gathered around the conference table discuss the merits of each ...
- 12/2/2016 7:52:16 AM
Bio-diesel leak in northern Scott County kills thousands of fish
- Donovan said the cleanup is still in progress and would “take a long time” to complete with no definite date set. The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Kentucky Department for Natural Resources are two state agencies have been involved ...
- 12/1/2016 4:40:10 AM
First Day Results of National Team Bass Fishing Championship on Kentucky Lake
- Bass fishing tips, tricks, and tactics. Includes articles, videos, news, and forums for beginning to advanced anglers. The largest bass fishing site on the Web! The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide PARIS, Tenn. — When soaking rains and cold ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 12/1/2016 2:17:01 AM
Fishing report: Fall crappie bite has picked up
- I fished the main channel going upstream with there being no current. I only caught small fish and made a change to the shallow flats and caught three nice Kentucky bass on a small red deep diving crank bait. Visit melsfishingtales.com. • Paul Neighbours .
- The Tennessean
- 11/30/2016 2:56:58 PM
Kentucky Lake to host Toyota Bonus Bucks Team Championship
- But when Menendez fishes for fun, he heads home to Paducah, Ky., and nearby Kentucky Lake. At a sprawling 160,000 acres, it's a great place to wet a line and enjoy time alone, with family, or a few friends. Ranked No. 12 on Bassmaster Magazine's 100 Best .
- Outdoors FIRST
- 11/30/2016 7:11:41 AM
Historic Kentucky Reels on Display in Frankfort
- FRANKFORT, Ky. – Many anglers in Kentucky don't realize our state's rich contribution to fishing technology and angling history. Those who use a baitcasting reel to flip a 1/2-ounce black and blue jig to an isolated stump owe a debt of gratitude to ...
- 11/28/2016 6:59:44 AM
Frankfort museum has new exhibit on fishing reels
- Capital City Museum in Frankfort has opened a new exhibit displaying rare fishing reels known as Frankfort or Kentucky reels. Curator John Downs says the multiplying reel was perfected in Frankfort, and the exhibit has examples of all four major Frankfort
- 11/28/2016 4:36:34 AM
BAYLESS: Fishermen in search of a new crappie fishing spot
- Well, maybe a beer or two! What brought this conversation on was Jim’s heartfelt concerns for the habitat situation at their favorite fishing hole, Kentucky Lake. “I understand the lake was not built for the sole purpose of the sportsman and it serves ...
- 11/26/2016 7:48:03 PM
Lawmakers will consider friends fishing exemption
- A bill prefiled for the 2017 Kentucky General Assembly calls for a new fishing license exemption for friends and invited guests of private landowners when fishing on their property. State Reps. Addia Wuchner, R-Florence, and Marie Rader, R-McKee ...
- Kentucky New Era
- 11/20/2016 1:14:18 PM
Fish & Wildlife Crews Track Invasive Carp During 'Carp Blitz'
- Regional Fish and Wildlife crews gathered in several locations along the Kentucky and Barkley lakes for a three day ‘Carp Blitz’ in a collective effort to track the invasive Asian carp species. Approximately 30 people gathered in locations along ...
- 11/14/2016 10:03:58 PM
Vintage Snappy Saturday – The Fishing Cabin of My Dreams
- Knotty Pine……VCT………vintage furniture AND a fabulous lamp……..Yes, this IS the fishing cabin of my dreams! Postcard Image Albany Kentucky Wisdo ms Fishing Camp 1950s Postcard from seller refried.jeans
- 11/12/2016 8:30:18 AM
Arkansas duo wins Bass Cat team event
- The winners finished with a total to 26.83 pounds. That was a little more than a half-pound better than the runners-up, three-time winners Brad Kell and John Morris of Kentucky. The field fished Table Rock, Taneycomo and Bull Shoals lakes on day 1 and the
- 11/11/2016 12:17:34 AM
BassCats take fishing to a new level
- Matthews introduced the two Bass Cats teams of two anglers each. They each qualified as state champions and were able to go to nationals held at Kentucky Lake this past August. The fishermen were Laney Birdsong and Hunter Davis of Bainbridge Middle School
- The Post-Searchlight
- 11/8/2016 10:32:34 PM
BASS FISHING: Laker anglers find success
- Less than favorable conditions on Kentucky Lake did not stop the senior team of Toby Allbritten (left) and Ben Gardner (right) from a second place finish in Saturday’s season opener for the CCHS Bass Fishing Team. The duo weighed a limit of five ...
- Murray Ledger & Times
- 11/2/2016 7:09:06 AM
Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Testing Deer for Disease
- Kentucky is participating in a three-state effort to test white-tailed deer for the presence of bovine tuberculosis. While bovine tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease that primarily affects cattle, it also can infect deer. The disease has not been ..
- 11/1/2016 10:23:34 AM
Sport fish regs to be set
- During the proposal recommendations at the September meeting, the TFWC requested that the TWRA consider lowering the creel limit on crappie from 30 to 20 fish per day on Kentucky Lake. TWRA Fisheries Division Chief Frank Fiss will present information about
- Claiborne Progress
- 10/30/2016 5:42:35 PM
Sport Fish Regulations Set at October TFWC Meeting
- The TFWC had requested the TWRA consider lowering the creel limit for crappie from 30 to 20 fish per day on Kentucky Lake. After the amendment to the proclamation passed in the fisheries committee on Thursday, the full commission passed the regulation Frid
- WRCB 3 Chattanooga
- 10/30/2016 2:54:58 AM
All you can eat, donations only Fish Fry at Pickett's Chapel UMC
- The Annual Fish Fry and Fundraising Auction will be held at Pickett's Chapel United Methodist Church, 3047 Portland Road, Columbia, Adair County, Kentucky, on Saturday, October 29th, 2016. Food will be served beginning at 4pmCT/5pmET, and the Auction will
- 10/29/2016 9:22:42 AM
Alltech sees building plants globally for fish oil alternative
- ason Smith reports for undercurrentnews that Kentucky-based Alltech is willing to invest in overseas algae production plants closer to its feed customers if demand for its products as a fish oil supplement grows, according to Keith Filer. The company’s ...
- 10/27/2016 5:14:31 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Kentucky Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Kentucky.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.