Tennessee Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Tennessee?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Tennessee Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Tennessee Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Tennessee's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Tennessee Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Tennessee.
Chalk Talk: DeFoe on highland reservoirs
- Check back each Friday for a new tip.) Ott DeFoe learned to fish on the highland reservoirs of east Tennessee, and those lakes and similar ones hold a special place in his angling memories. Asked to describe what makes these lakes similar, he said that ...
- 3/24/2017 10:00:00 PM
World Record Whitetail ‘Life-Changer’ for TN Hunter
- Last November, a young hunter from Sumner County took a non-typical whitetail that shattered the Tennessee record and has the potential to be the world record whitetail. Check out Game & Fish’s interview with Stephen Tucker. Stephen Tucker steadied the ...
- 3/22/2017 1:21:00 PM
Getting Ready for Springtime Hunting & Fishing
- a new record musky caught in Knox County, and gets a live look at some cool activity on the ETSU Eagle Cam. For more information on hunting and fishing in Tennessee, check out the TWRA website.
- 3/17/2017 7:11:00 PM
Mill Creek provides urban fishing year round
- Starting south of Nolensville, the creek is deeper and slower than most middle Tennessee creeks. The access is not too bad and there are several public access points. Fishing paradise The fishing here is great, especially for bluegill and smallmouth bass.
- Shelbyville Times-Gazette
- 3/16/2017 3:39:00 PM
Warren & Griffin Donates Fish Tank To Erlanger Hospital
- The aquarium is home to several small fish and is decorated with stacked rocks that mirror the riverbeds of the Tennessee River. C. Mark Warren and John Mark Griffin, both partners at the law firm, say, “We hope this new aquarium will help lift the ...
- 3/15/2017 1:32:00 PM
Warren & Griffin Donate Fish Tank To Erlanger Hospital
- The aquarium is home to several small fish and is decorated with stacked rocks that mirror the riverbeds of the Tennessee River. C. Mark Warren and John Mark Griffin, both partners at the law firm, say “we hope this new aquarium will help lift the ...
- 3/15/2017 1:27:00 PM
Mt. Juliet duo finishes 2nd at state
- Wilson Central’s Drew Elrod and Mt. Juliet’s Taylor Galster finished second out of 117 boats in the Tennessee Bass Nation High School Fight at the Ford on Tims Ford Lake last Saturday. They caught 14.5 pounds. They fish for the Mt. Juliet team which ...
- Lebanon Democrat
- 3/14/2017 1:35:00 PM
Hardly, Strictly Musky Fest May 11-13 on Collins River, TN
- The largest and longest running musky on the fly gathering takes place May 11th, 12th and 13th on the Collins River near McMinnville, Tennessee. Hardly, Strictly Musky is the largest and longest running gathering of adventure fly fishing enthusiasts in the
- 3/14/2017 5:41:00 AM
Fish eyes may hold key to regenerating human retinas
- Tennessee-If you were a fish and your retina was damaged, it could repair itself and your vision would be restored in a few weeks. Sadly, human eyes don’t have this beneficial ability. However, new research into retinal regeneration in zebrafish has ...
- The Nation
- 3/14/2017 1:49:00 AM
TWRA public fishing comments period opens this week
- TWRA public comment period for the 2018 fishing regulations opened until April 23. Comments may be submitted by mail to: Attn: Fisheries Division-Comments, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, P.O. 40747, Nashville, TN 37204 or emailed to FishingReg ...
- The Tennessean
- 3/13/2017 4:59:00 PM
VIDEO: Local Teens Win State’s First High School Fishing Tournament
- The pair competed against 28 other teams of high school age student from across the state and Tennessee. The Fishing League Worldwide organization, known as FLW, is working with athletic directors across the state. FLW wants more options for high ...
- 3/12/2017 4:01:00 AM
Outdoors: College student set to take on professional bass fishing's best
- He’s 21, a student at Bethel University in McKenzie, Tennessee, and in less than two weeks will take center stage among the best of the best in professional bass fishing. Are you ready for this, John Garrett? “It seems pretty surreal to see my name on ...
- The Commercial Appeal
- 3/11/2017 4:04:00 PM
TWRA requesting public input for 2018 fishing regulations
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency announced it would be opening a comment period for the public to supply recommendations on fishing regulations for 2018. The TWRA shared the opportunity in order for the public to ...
- 3/10/2017 12:00:00 AM
Collegiate fishing tourney season opens in Tennessee
- The Cabela’s Collegiate Big Bass Bash Presented by Berkley this weekend at Kentucky Lake will be the first major Association of Collegiate Anglers event for 2017. Organizers said the tournament, which is scheduled for Friday through Sunday, will pay out ..
- Trade Only Today
- 3/9/2017 4:07:00 PM
Prep Fishing: Sonoraville, Calhoun start season at Lake Chickamauga
- The Sonoraville and Calhoun High fishing teams both opened their season recently at Lake Chickamauga in Tennessee to kickoff another Spring with the NWGHSAA. A total of 162 boats braved the chilly weather and wind gusts of 20 mph, and two local teams ...
- Fish Wrap
- 3/8/2017 1:17:00 PM
Spring Creek Was Too Good For Gross To Leave
- Winning Gear Notes > Scrounger head gear: 7’3” extra-heavy Hammer Rods All American Elite Rod Series casting rod, Daiwa Tatula CT Type R casting reel (6.3:1 ratio), 17-pound Seaguar InvizX fluorocarbon, various sizes Jenko Fishing Tennessee River ...
- 3/8/2017 5:00:00 AM
- According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency's report, the 50-year-old victim and a friend returned to the Hamilton Creek boat ramp to load their boat after a morning of fishing. While his friend went to get their vehicle and back down the trailer
- Lebanon Democrat
- 3/7/2017 5:43:00 PM
Fly Fishing Class Starts Next Week
- Hough – a fly fisherman since 1991 who has visited states like Wyoming, Tennessee and Wisconsin – will start teaching a six-week fly fishing class Tuesday at the Belmont Complex in West Kittanning. “Fly fishing is a pretty-involved sport – there ...
- The Kittanning Paper
- 3/6/2017 12:22:00 PM
GREAT OUTDOORS: New fish dish on TWRA menu
- The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission met in Nashville on Feb.16-17. The 2017-2018 seasons for waterfowl and other migratory birds were set. Most seasons were unchanged except for calendar date shifts; but there will be a new season and other changes
- Daily Times
- 3/5/2017 5:05:00 AM
Rivers restocked after 30,000 fish killed in Tenn. wildfires
- GATLINBURG, Tenn. — In a wetter wildfire relief effort on Friday, the waters of Gatlinburg were restocked with trout after the area's fish population was decimated during wildfires last year that swept through the Tennessee town. When the Nov. 28 fires ...
- 3/5/2017 4:49:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Tennessee Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Tennessee.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.