Texas Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Texas?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Texas Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Texas Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Texas's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Texas Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Texas.
2015-16 Texas Hunting, Fishing Licenses go on sale
- Sportsmen gearing up for the upcoming fall hunting seasons are reminded to renew their licenses for 2015-16, available starting Saturday, Aug. 15. The current year Texas hunting and fishing licenses (except year-to-date fishing licenses) will expire Aug. 3
- Your Houston News
- 8/23/2015 8:59:20 AM
Fishing for a good time at Age Well, Living Well event
- ABILENE, Texas - The Age Well, Living Well coalition knew how to get adults to come to their event at Frontier Texas! Saturday morning — have plenty of activities for the kids. A catch-and-release fishing derby, archery education and activity ...
- Abilene Reporter-News
- 8/23/2015 12:09:38 AM
Jersey Shore Fishing: Big payday for Texas Tea in MidAtlantic
- As is always the case in Mid-Atlantic canyon tournaments, white marlin are the big winners as long as one meeting the tournament minimum is boated. It took a few days to get going, but the bigger whites showed up -- and everything worked out for Texas Tea
- New Jersey Online
- 8/22/2015 5:07:17 PM
- As a matter of fact, Wagner said, “There were about as many shark out there today as there were amberjack.” Texas anglers on the Fish N Fool with Capt. Casey Weldon brought in a mix of amberjack, a couple of king mackerel, barracuda and mingo.
- The Destin Log
- 8/21/2015 9:26:10 PM
Good bass fishing in KZN dams
- This spot is muddy, unlike Losers Bank which is shale, so baits such as Dropshot and Texas rig are preferred. Inanda Dam fished well and saw decent bags. Bank anglers struggled somewhat, but did find that taking a walk through the bush towards Dusi Point .
- 8/21/2015 11:17:43 AM
Fishing tourney supports health care
- The largest non-profit fishing tournament on the Texas coast will be held Saturday, Aug. 22 at Louie’s Backyard on South Padre Island. Doctors Hospital at Renaissance will once again sponsor its 10th Annual Fishing for Hope Tournament This year’s ...
- Valley Morning Star
- 8/21/2015 9:08:52 AM
Fish print art class scheduled for Island
- A class in the art of fish printing will be presented at The University of Texas-Pan American Coastal Studies Lab, located in Isla Blanca Park on South Padre Island from 9:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Aug. 26. Participants will learn how to prepare a fish ..
- Valley Morning Star
- 8/21/2015 9:08:52 AM
Area expert: Fishing is ‘real tough’
- “It’s always better than the artificial stuff.” Rake said area lakes aren’t the only in Texas enduring tough fishing conditions. “Over the past month, I’ve been all the way from Toledo Bend, to Lake Limestone to Lake Waco and fishing has been ...
- Killeen Daily Herald
- 8/21/2015 4:29:42 AM
New artificial reefs to provide enhanced fishing off Texas coast
- One project to create a new artificial reef and another to enhance an existing reef site are both moving closer to reality with the selection of Callan Marine LTD as contractor. Using funding from the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Natural Resource Damage ...
- Your Houston News
- 8/21/2015 3:53:54 AM
A band called Badd Fish
- A native of El Paso, the elder Maese played bass in a West Texas metal formation known as Lethal Tricks. After coming up north, Vic the bassman was part of Good Green among many other locally popular acts. Badd Fish is a new band, yet their passion and ...
- 8/21/2015 2:49:29 AM
2015-16 hunting, fishing licenses on sale
- The current year Texas hunting and fishing licenses (except year-to-date fishing licenses) will expire Aug. 31. Every year, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department issues about 2.5 million hunting and fishing licenses through the agency’s 28 field ...
- The Port Arthur News
- 8/21/2015 2:42:19 AM
Fishing: Bules are small, but plentiful
- Typically, at this time of year, they are the main catch. Yellowfin tuna have moved into the area of the Bacardi to the Texas Tower, and boaters trolling green or rainbow spreader bars or daisy chains tight to the boat have been connecting with these fish.
- North Jersey
- 8/21/2015 1:16:25 AM
As the end of August approaches, some fish are slowing up
- Fish jigs, wacky worms, or spinner baits. Fish the inside and outside edge of weed lines with Texas rigs, drop shots, swimbaits, or crankbaits in 8-9 feet of water. During the evening smallmouth are hitting top water along the west shore. Walleye - Fair ..
- Storm Lake Pilot Tribune
- 8/20/2015 11:00:25 PM
Fishing Report: August 21
- 10. James River (lower): 88 degrees, normal, dingy; black bass good on soft plastic lures, Texas rigged worms, football jigs, and crayfish crankbaits, topwater on buzzbaits and spooks; crappie good on minnows and pumpkin or purple colored jigs; goggle-eye
- The Springfield News-Leader
- 8/20/2015 1:42:04 PM
Howell: After school fishing returns at South Weeks Park
- Fall after school fishing is back, thanks to the city’s Parks and Recreation Department and Texas Parks & Wildlife Department’s Inland Fisheries office. This event has become a time-honored favorite for many reasons. First of all, it’s held outdoors ...
- Wichita Falls Times Record News
- 8/20/2015 5:20:59 AM
Rain should help boost fishing
- A number of undersized yellow fins were caught and released during the overnight trip. Saturday, the Mainland Chapter CCA-Texas is holding their 7th annual Kids Fish Event at Harborwalk Marina. The event is open to kids age 14 and under and runs from 8 a.m
- The Galveston County Daily News
- 8/20/2015 4:59:31 AM
Any Tricks To Help Save Soft Plastics From Blowing Out The Tip On Texas Rigged H
- Hey all, just looking for some tips on keeping soft plastic baits, mainly Texas rigged stuff, from exploding the tip when catching fish. I saw that trick that Glenn did, when he put the piece of large diameter line through the plastic and the eye of the ho
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 8/19/2015 8:45:36 PM
Hunting, fishing licenses now on sale
- The multibillion-dollar hunting and fishing industry in Texas opens the window for new licenses this Saturday to replace the current ones that expire Aug. 31, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department said. To make things easy, the department sells super ...
- Beaumont Enterprise
- 8/19/2015 3:30:38 PM
State hunting, fishing licenses now on sale
- The current Texas hunting and fishing licenses (except year-to-date fishing licenses) will expire Aug. 31. Every year, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department issues about 2.5 million hunting and fishing licenses through the agency’s 28 field offices ...
- Allen American
- 8/19/2015 11:55:53 AM
Galveston company to expand reef to draw fish
- More fish, turtles and other sea life should be coming to the Texas coast. With recovery funds from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department has contracted with a Galveston company to build a vast underwater hamlet for
- 8/19/2015 11:27:15 AM
FISHING FORECAST: Anglers find fish despite tough conditions
- On the day when all the big fish where hitting, Capt. Eric had Austin, Texas resident Chester Williams and his sons Dillon and Colton chasing the reds and trout, and the action was about good as it gets. Dillon landed the largest — one measuring 47 ...
- 8/19/2015 6:40:55 AM
East Texas Fishing Report for week of Aug. 21
- ATHENS — Water level is about eight inches low and fairly clear. Water temp in the upper 80s. Fishing guide Greg West bass are taking wacky rig Senkos and weightless Flukes fished slowly along hard grass lines. In deeper water, West is catching fish on ...
- Athens Daily Review
- 8/18/2015 3:43:09 AM
It Sure Looks Like City Hall Is to Blame for Large West Dallas Fish Kill
- McDaniel indicates that the exact cause of the fish kill, which has been reported to the Texas Park and Wildlife Department and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, is still something of a mystery. Work on the wetlands has recently restarted ...
- Dallas Observer
- 8/17/2015 6:24:48 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Texas Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Texas.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.