Texas Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Texas?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Texas Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Texas Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Texas's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Texas Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Texas.
Fish rescued from abandoned aquatic shop
- Almost a dozen officers from Corpus Christi Police Department and Animal Care Services teamed up with experts from Texas State Aquarium and the Rockport Aquarium to rescue the fish, along with marine invertebrates and corals, which had been left at the ...
- Practical Fishkeping
- 10/6/2015 12:17:42 PM
Less than 1 Million Fish Killed
- tide count numbers remain at moderate to high levels around south padre island. texas parks and wildlife ecologists are now concerned with possible impact to--the bahia grande and the san martin lake. preliminary numbers from their fish kill assessment ...
- KRGV-TV 5
- 10/5/2015 10:55:58 PM
Vote Yes on Texas Prop 6 : Constitutional Right to Hunt & Fish
- Houston, Tx –-(Ammoland.com)- In 1876 Article Seventeen of the Texas Constitution outlined the one process for changing the state’s Constitution. Amendments may be proposed by a two-thirds majority vote in both chambers of the Legislature. Only then ...
- Ammo Land
- 10/5/2015 4:22:16 PM
Cause of Gunsolus Creek fish kill released
- 11 has been determined. The City received word from Texas Game Warden Cliff Westbrook Monday, that the fish and wildlife died due to the Dissolved Oxygen Level being low. The wildlife couldn't survive because there wasn't enough oxygen.
- 10/5/2015 2:53:23 AM
East Texans catch 100-pound fish
- Tarpon fishing on the Texas Coast isn’t exactly like a nighttime snipe hunt at summer camp, but it can be close. There are tarpon on the coast, but the chances of catching one are about as good as catching a snipe with a red light and a burlap bag.
- Tyler Morning Telegraph
- 10/4/2015 6:50:47 AM
Changing pattern to fit fish mood
- It also cuts downs on some of our options as far as baits and presentations. An example would be that we have been catching fish using Texas rigs and light sinkers to ease the worm rough shallow grass. With winds present, we will have to use slightly ...
- Beauregard Daily News
- 10/2/2015 3:57:11 PM
Fish rescued from abandoned aquarium supply store
- AEP quickly turned the power back on Friday after learning from CCPD that the fish were in danger. Along with the Rockport aquarium, the Texas State Aquarium also showed up to help round up the fish and find them homes. "We don't have a large facility ...
- KRIS-TV 6 Corpus Christi
- 10/2/2015 9:37:48 AM
Police, Animal Care Services Take Rescued Fish to Aquariums
- They were unable to locate any other business partners or employees from the pet store to come rescue the animals, so they took it upon themselves to contact the Texas State Aquarium and the Aquarium at Rockport Harbor to help save the fish. CCPD ...
- Kiii3 News
- 10/2/2015 4:08:31 AM
When To Try Something New Vs. Moving On?
- I fished for two and half hours without a single bite. I threw everything I've got in my arsenal. Wacky rig, drop shot, Texas rig, weightless Texas, lipless crank, frog, Pop-R, waking crank, and a jig. I used tubes, senkos, straight tailed worms ...
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 10/2/2015 3:32:44 AM
Fishing report: Oct. 2
- Bigger fish are being found 20-30 feet deep on the edges of humps and drop offs. Deep diving crank baits, swim baits, football head jigs, large spoons and Carolina or Texas rigs are finding fish. Line weight of 10 pound or less does make a difference in ..
- Knoxville News Sentinel
- 10/2/2015 1:23:53 AM
Texas Kayaker Snags Owl While Fishing, Bird Snatches Lure
- A Texas fisherman had an unexpected catch when an owl swooped down, snatched a lure and got caught on the hook. KXAN-TV reports Garry Olson Jr. summoned help and the bird was eventually freed. Olson was in a kayak on Saturday at Lake Bird Lake in Austin ..
- NBC Dallas-Fort Worth 5
- 10/1/2015 1:32:13 AM
Pros talk fall bass and football
- “You gotta go big with this style of fishing, so I’m choosing a Texas-rigged Strike King rodent with a 3/4-ounce weight, tied to 65-pound braid on a large-spooled Quantum EXO 200 reel,” said the 24-year-old Guntersville resident. Lee, who was ...
- 9/30/2015 6:44:12 PM
VIDEO: Texas kayaker snags owl while fishing, bird snatches lure
- Note: Your phone must support HTML5 video or Flash to play videos. AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas fisherman had an unexpected catch when an owl swooped down, snatched a lure and got caught on the hook. KXAN-TV reports (above) Garry Olson Jr. summoned help ..
- 9/30/2015 4:49:40 PM
Texas kayaker snags owl while fishing, bird snatches lure
- AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas fisherman had an unexpected catch when an owl swooped down, snatched a lure and got caught on the hook. KXAN-TV (http://bit.ly/1WtRDZN) reports Garry Olson Jr. summoned help and the bird was eventually freed. Olson was in a ...
- San Francisco Gate
- 9/30/2015 4:21:02 PM
Fall Fishing: Opportunities for Anglers Abound Around Town
- Calaveras Lake, south of San Antonio, is one of three lakes in Texas stocked with thousands of redfish, which typically spawn in the fall along the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. Nixon explains that redfish spawning is an exciting time for anglers on the ..
- San Antonio Current
- 9/30/2015 3:42:16 AM
Video records owl caught on fishing lure at Austin, Texas lake
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) AUSTIN (KXAN) — An owl got more than it expected when it tried to ...
- 9/29/2015 9:37:11 PM
Video records owl caught on fishing lure in Texas, fisherman helps
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window) Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) This report is from our sister station KXAN in Austin, Texas.
- 9/28/2015 7:40:51 AM
Kids Fishing Tournament
- This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Amarillo, Texas Many area veterans spent the day fishing..and having fun. It was the Third Annual Kids Fishing Tournament, in memory of Jack Kirby and Calvin Gibbs. The Vietnam ...
- My High Plains
- 9/27/2015 1:51:17 AM
Rhodes: A guide to fishing in the Big Country
- One local publication that can help anyone decide where to fish is the Big Country Angler’s Guide, published by Abilene’s Inland Fisheries Department of Texas Parks and Wildlife. The free guide, available from the Abilene Fisheries office, gives public ...
- Abilene Reporter-News
- 9/26/2015 9:19:16 PM
Reports find improvements in fish activity
- This time of year I really like to fish the mouths of the creeks on the Southern end of Barkley with a topwater early and a Texas rigged or Carolina rigged plastic. The bait will gang up in the mouths and of course attract the Largemouth. Both lakes are on
- Kentucky New Era
- 9/26/2015 12:12:15 AM
Fishing Report for Sept. 25
- 10. James River (lower): 80 degrees, normal, clear; goggle-eye good on spinnerbaits, crayfish-colored crankbaits, and minnows; catfish fair on worms and minnows; black bass fair on soft plastic lures, Texas rigged worms, football jigs, and crayfish ...
- The Springfield News-Leader
- 9/25/2015 4:09:40 AM
Officials Conduct the Count of Dead Fish
- texas parks and wildlife watch the sea-life impacted by the red tide. it continues to bloom in gulf waters. channel five's shelley childers is on south padre island with details on the work. today they conducted a fish kill count. driving up the coast from
- KRGV-TV 5
- 9/24/2015 10:54:42 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Texas Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Texas.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.