Texas Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Texas?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Texas Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Texas Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Texas's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Texas Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Texas.
Brazos Bass, SUP Sailfish Headline KFVM
- Next up Robert Field, Matt Scotch of Lone Star Kayak Guide, Guillermo Gonzales and Connie Growden head out on the Brazos River in Texas for some hot summertime bass fishing. An accomplished kayaker, Growden catches her first fish on the trip spent Bassin .
- 8/24/2016 12:11:02 AM
The End of Hanselmania
- He won all three Texas Division tournaments of the Costa FLW Series, and then went on to win the 2015 championship on the Ohio River. It’s a feat that ranks among the all-time greatest exploits in bass fishing. Part of Hanselman’s reward was qualifying ...
- 8/23/2016 2:45:32 PM
Fishing Report: Week of Aug. 23
- Dark colors of crankbaits or large creature baits on a Texas-rig are working for the occasional bass. Vibration in addition to dark colors is the key in the stained water. The fish are holding along the edges of the weed lines.” Catfishing is best with ...
- Fresno Bee
- 8/23/2016 3:46:58 AM
Dolphin Trapped In Three Pounds Of Fishing Gear Gets New Lease On Life
- This inspiring post comes from our friends at AOL. The Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network has untangled a dolphin that was weighed down by three pounds of fishing gear. The dolphin, named Tango, was suffering under the weight of monofilament line ...
- 8/22/2016 1:13:40 PM
Reload your License: Hunting, fishing opportunities are expanding in Texas
- HARLINGEN — Most Texas hunting and fishing licenses expire at the end of August and new licenses are now available. As usual, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department offers a bewildering array of 85 separate licenses for hunting, saltwater and freshwater .
- Valley Morning Star
- 8/22/2016 4:52:35 AM
The largest fish are hiding in the weeds
- Lowen suggests novice anglers should start grass fishing by concentrating on the edges of weedlines with spinnerbaits and crankbaits, or pitch to the holes in the grass with jigs or Texas-rigged plastic worms. “Typically go with weedless presentations so .
- Seacoast Online
- 8/22/2016 2:50:53 AM
Dolphin Rescued from 3 Pounds of Discarded Fishing Gear In Texas
- A dolphin was rescued near South Padre Island, Texas, last week after becoming entangled in more than 3 pounds of discarded fishing gear. Spotted at least three weeks earlier, the dolphin, called Tango, was located, and a large-scale disentanglement effort
- 8/21/2016 11:59:06 PM
TPWD changes fishing regulations
- The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission recently adopted a series of fishing regulation changes affecting bass and catfish in specific fresh waters, and clarifying saltwater length limits on black drum and amberjack, and rules prohibiting snagging of fish
- Abilene Reporter-News
- 8/21/2016 3:13:33 AM
Hall Takes Co-angler Title
- Across the board, Hall says he caught fish on a Lucky Craft Sammy (ayu), a melon-colored tube on a 3/8-ounce Texas rig, a Lucky Craft Pointer 78, a drop-shot rig and an umbrella rig. “I’ve been fishing that lake since I was 18 years old,” says Hall.
- 8/21/2016 2:01:58 AM
Benson: Top-water lures are a favorite for fall fishing
- Gone are the 85-degree water temps and 100-degree days. Fall in Texas is a short window of opportunity for bank beaters, like myself, to turn to top waters for some exciting fishing action. Many lakes in our area offer some fantastic top-water fishing ...
- Abilene Reporter-News
- 8/21/2016 12:57:33 AM
Scott Wins IFA Kayak Event at Aransas Pass, Texas
- NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. – Colton Scott, of San Antonio, Texas, caught a combined limit of 49.88 inches to win the second 2016 regular-season event for the Texas Division of the IFA Kayak Fishing Tour presented by Hobie Fishing on August 14 at Aransas Pass .
- 8/19/2016 6:43:31 AM
Thousands of fish found dead on the arroyo
- Rio Hondo Public Safety Director William Biloquory said the Texas Commission on Environment Quality was in town and tested the water. Workers doing construction work around the Rio Hondo bridge worked around the dead fish floating down the river.
- Valley Morning Star
- 8/19/2016 3:58:52 AM
In The Know: 7 Spots for East Texas Fishing
- Whether you’re a novice or a pro, East Texas has a plethora of lakes just for you. Multiple species of bass, catfish, crappie, sunfish, and more await the right angler with the best (or sometimes worst) bait. The beauty of East Texas fishing is that most .
- 8/18/2016 9:46:39 PM
Fishing, hunting licenses for 2016-17 now available
- New 2016-2017 hunting and fishing licenses went on sale Monday, according to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. All current year Texas hunting and fishing licenses, except year-to-date fishing licenses, expire Aug. 31. Every year, the department ...
- 8/18/2016 4:24:31 PM
Dolphin Untangled From 3 Pounds of Fishing Gear
- of fishing line, hooks, lead weights and other gear off of South Padre Island in Texas. Sean Dowling (@seandowlingtv) has more. Check out this story on USATODAY.com: http://usat.ly/2bvPnzO A dolphin was rescued from over 3 lbs. of fishing line, hooks ...
- USA Today
- 8/18/2016 2:37:09 PM
Rescuers lооse dоlphin frоm three pоunds оf fishing apparatus in Texas
- SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas, Aug. 17 () — A dolphin that had been tangled in fishing line for at least three weeks was rescued off the Texas coast bу a team of volunteers. The Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network, which posted photos of the rescue to ...
- 8/18/2016 12:35:27 PM
Sportsmen reminded to buy Texas hunting, fishing licenses
- The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department reminds hunters and anglers the new 2016-2017 licenses went on sale Monday. All current year Texas hunting and fishing licenses (except year-to-date fishing licenses) expire Aug. 31. This season, when purchasing ...
- Paris News
- 8/18/2016 11:31:02 AM
Fishing in the summer can be hot, literally
- These fake worms and lizards can be fished a variety of ways with the Texas rig, Carolina rig or wacky style being some of the most popular presentations. Bream fishermen can still do their thing even in the heat of summer. Within the past couple of weeks
- 8/18/2016 10:55:14 AM
Texas Hunting, Fishing Licenses Offer New Way to Fight Hunger
- Austin – Texas hunters and fisherman will encounter a new opportunity to donate money to Hunters for the Hungry when purchasing or renewing their licenses this year. Their donation will support a popular program that provides thousands of servings of ...
- Archer County News
- 8/18/2016 10:40:55 AM
Lake Lanier Fishing Report: Striper anglers have been reeling them in
- Start out with a black buzz bait and make sure to add a Gamakatsu Trailer Hook. Keep a Jig or Texas Rigged Big Bites Flying Squirrel as a follow up for any fish that strike and miss the buzz bait. Target pockets mid-way in the backs of the creeks that have
- Gainesville Times
- 8/18/2016 8:39:14 AM
Hunting, fishing licenses on sale
- The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. reminds hunters and anglers that the new 2016-17 licenses went on sale Monday. All current year Texas hunting and fishing licenses (except year-to-date fishing licenses) expire Aug. 31. Every year, the department issues .
- Kaufman Herald
- 8/18/2016 5:54:36 AM
Rescuers free dolphin from 3 pounds of fishing equipment in Texas
- SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas, Aug. 17 (UPI) --A dolphin that had been tangled in fishing line for at least three weeks was rescued off the Texas coast by a team of volunteers. The Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network, which posted photos of the rescue to ...
- United Press International
- 8/17/2016 9:12:02 PM
Believe The Fish
- As an example, you begin a day of bass fishing with a Texas-rigged plastic worm because you expect the fish to be bottom oriented and relating to slower offerings. But then the first couple of bass you catch grab the worm before it ever finds bottom on the
- 8/17/2016 4:04:14 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Texas Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Texas.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.