Texas Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Texas?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Texas Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Texas Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Texas's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Texas Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Texas.
Fishing with Clint Baranowski: For week of July 22
- We caught our black bass on top water around specific docks, and breakwaters with “dinky dos”. We also had success on big worms Texas or Carolina rigged on main lake points. Never seen a “dinky do”? Ask me. We didn’t crappie fish last week.
- Grand Lake News
- 7/22/2016 1:54:36 AM
Reels For Heels Fishing Tournament
- Anglers from all over Texas will be here August 19th and 20th for live music, great food and festivities at Marker 37 Marina and Pier on the Island. This is a family-oriented event and a one-of-a-kind saltwater fishing tournament that will help support ...
- Kiii3 News
- 7/21/2016 2:53:03 AM
Kevin VanDam leads the bracket pack
- Combs, of Huntington, Texas, wasn't able to land a limit. He finished with 7-15, which is still within striking distance of Hite for Wednesday's elimination day. Lee, hailing from Vinemont, Ala., landed four fish for a total of 7-15, while his adversary ..
- Outdoors First
- 7/20/2016 1:24:10 PM
Alan Liere’s weekly fish and game report for July 21
- Friends fished for bass at Fan Lake this week and said they caught several nice largemouth on Texas-rigged Senko knockoffs. They also fished the Pend Oreille River across from Pioneer Park for some big smallmouth. Walleye fishermen are heading upriver from
- The Spokesman-Review
- 7/20/2016 12:34:03 PM
FISHING -- Lebanon's Boggs catches big payday
- All of my areas were mid-lake to 15 miles north." Boggs said he used both a green pumpkin-colored and a tilapia-colored Texas-rigged Big Bite Baits Craw Tube to catch his fish. He said one was rigged with a skirted Jiggy Weight and the other was attached .
- Wilson Post
- 7/18/2016 6:41:30 PM
College Championship set for Kentucky's Green River Lake
- The last competitor standing will earn a coveted spot in the 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic on Texas' Lake Conroe, March 24-26, 2017. "That's my dream," Freeman said. "It doesn't matter if you just started fishing or if you've been doing it for 50 years ...
- Outdoors First
- 7/18/2016 1:48:01 PM
Lebanon man wins FLW Bass Fishing League Music City Division event
- All of my areas were mid-lake to 15 miles north.” Boggs said he used both a green pumpkin-colored and a tilapia-colored Texas-rigged Big Bite Baits Craw Tube to catch his fish. He said one was rigged with a skirted Jiggy Weight, and the other was ...
- Lebanon Democrat
- 7/17/2016 11:57:39 PM
Hooked on building fishing rods
- So, I was glad.” The fishing rods he has built can be found as close to home as Hutchinson, Litchfield and Glencoe, and as far away as Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky and Texas. His custom-built rods start at $350, and the cost increases depending mainly ...
- 7/17/2016 1:34:53 PM
Texas Oilman's Fishing Tournament concludes
- With conditions being close to perfect, the 2016 edition of the Texas Oilman’s Charity Invitational Fishing Tournament kicked off on Friday and wrapped up the following day with anglers bringing in catches that have been very strong. The tournament took ..
- The Bay City Tribune
- 7/17/2016 7:36:58 AM
Fishing Floods and Drawdowns
- This rig has been producing a lot of good bass for him in this rapidly rising water. Gary also fishes craw baits on a Texas rig, using a bobber stopper to keep the weight about two inches away from the hook. The craws he uses are Yum Christie Critters in .
- The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
- 7/17/2016 3:55:04 AM
Ponds a primary source of fishing during hottest months
- That is when spinner lures and surface lures work best. During much of the day, a 6-inch plastic worm rigged Texas style, will catch a lot of fish. In looking over the Missouri state fishing records, there were seven record catches of fish caught in farm .
- Nevada Daily Mail
- 7/16/2016 5:29:18 AM
Fishing report: July 14
- Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass: Good. Top-water baits are producing bites early and late in the day. During the day, swim baits, Carolina and Texas rigs, jigs and trick worms are finding fish on steeper banks and around submerged wood. At night ...
- Knoxville News Sentinel
- 7/15/2016 6:09:16 PM
Officials warn Valley residents not to fish at the Donna Reservoir
- Colonia advocates have criticized the signs, claiming they weren't consulted by the irrigation district. In a column published by the Texas Tribune's TribTalk, the advocates argued the signs didn't explain why, exactly, people shouldn't fish at the reservo
- 7/15/2016 6:09:16 PM
Fishing Friday Feature #2: The Basics of Summertime Bass Fishing
- Throw top water baits before the sun go down. Deep Water: I will throw deep running crank baits and plastics, Texas rig style. Brush Hogs and red shad colored worms produce the most fish for me, along with a jig and pig, and a variation of crank bait color
- Hotty Toddy
- 7/15/2016 6:02:07 PM
fishing report and outdoors notebook
- The snook bite has been inconsistent. To catch bass in Everglades canals, anglers can throw big plastic snakes or fish deep with Texas- and Carolina-rigged plastic worms. Fish early in the morning to catch bass on topwater lures such as frogs and plugs ...
- Sun Sentinel
- 7/14/2016 9:38:03 PM
Texas Fishing Report - The Galveston County Daily News: Texas
- A diverse congregation of church leaders gathered Tuesday for a morning of prayer and fellowship in response to Thursday’s deadly shooting in Dallas, in which a gunman killed five police officers.
- The Galveston County Daily News
- 7/14/2016 1:42:37 AM
Enjoy our limited summer with finesse bass fishing
- Pick your favorite — creature baits, tubes, senkos, plastic worms, crayfish. Rig it your favorite way — Texas or Carolina, Wacky or Drop Shot. You get to make your casts, choose your retrieve, and see or feel your bites. You get the first opportunity ...
- SC Times
- 7/13/2016 6:01:30 AM
VFW to Host Fish Fry Benefitting Central Texas Veterans Memorial July 15th
- VFW Post 3278 and Auxiliaries will host a fish fry fundraiser to benefit the Central Texas Veterans Memorial in Brownwood, Texas on Friday July 15th between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Tablets have been installed at the memorial but more funding
- 7/12/2016 6:48:37 PM
Texas Fishing Report: Seadrift trout still good
- According to Seadrift guide Capt. Nathan Beabout, the rout fishing is strong, while the redfish are a little harder to find. “There are a few scattered reds lingering on the shorelines, but the pods haven’t shown up yet,” Beabout said. The trout ...
- 7/12/2016 5:37:02 PM
6-Year-Old Texas Boy Hooks Great White Off Cape Cod
- The White family, from Houston, Texas, were fishing off Rock Harbor when six-year-old Blake hooked the family’s only catch of the day, a great white shark. The fought with the fish for spent an hour and a half fighting with the shark. They didn’t ...
- 7/12/2016 12:22:04 PM
Young boy, 6, reels in a great white shark while fishing
- ORLEANS, MA (WHDH) — A six-year-old boy from Houston, Texas caught a Great White Shark while fishing off the coast of Cape Cod Sunday afternoon. Blake White was holding the fishing rod on his grandfather’s boat when he felt a huge tug. At first he ...
- NBC4 Columbus
- 7/12/2016 10:13:13 AM
Boy, 6, hooks great white shark off Cape Cod
- Lars White and his family live in Houston, Texas but his parents live in ... “Blake was telling the story about how it was his fish and he needed a little help to reel it in,” White said. He wants to go fishing again next weekend, but told his father ...
- The Providence Journal
- 7/12/2016 7:14:16 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Texas Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Texas.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.