Georgia Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Georgia?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Georgia Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Georgia Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Georgia's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Georgia Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Georgia.
Vermont: F&W Announces Master Angler Winners
- Participation by non-resident anglers from California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Ontario, Canada. •Trophy fish entries were received from 80 waters throughout the state.
- 4/20/2017 7:33:00 AM
Lowcountry fishing legend passes away
- Billy left Beaufort High in his senior year in 1964 and lived off the water till just a few years ago when he moved to Georgia after his mother passed away. He ran charter boats and commercial fishing boats, from 85-footers on down. He was a pioneer in ...
- Island Packet Online
- 4/18/2017 9:13:00 PM
Fish attractors map it out for anglers
- Common fish attractors are recycled Christmas trees weighted with concrete blocks; cut bamboo stalks dropped in concrete, known as crappie condos; and the so-called Georgia cube, a square frame made of PVC pipe crisscrossed with plastic corrugated drain pi
- 4/18/2017 7:20:00 PM
Food grown with live fish, no dirt
- But get cracking. Aquaponics uses fish, plants, water, air and clay and sunlight Aquaponics uses fish, plants, water, air and clay and sunlight The accident occurred just north of downtown Atlanta near the Georgia Tech campus. The accident occurred just ..
- 8 ABC kait8.com
- 4/17/2017 3:26:00 PM
2017 Fish & Wildlife Business Summit
- The 2017 Fish and Wildlife Business Summit was held April 3-4 in Kennesaw, Georgia with Yamaha Motor Corporation–Marine Division serving as the host. This annual gathering of state, federal, industry, and NGO leaders is in its 11 th year and continues to .
- 4/17/2017 2:32:00 PM
In Alaska, anxiety grows as debate over health care rages
- Five states in all were at 13 percent. Only Georgia (14 percent) and Texas (16 percent) were higher. Hutton, who lives in the fishing village of Kasilof, has so far managed to avoid any serious health problems and said the amount he has paid out of his own
- 4/15/2017 2:41:00 PM
Mmmm! See why thousands visit fish and chip shops across the region on Good Frid
- Lee Brown, 34, from Chopwell, near Gateshead, had been to Dalton Park with his family - wife Gemma, 33, daughter Georgia, 11, and son Callum, seven, - when they all got the urge to have fish and chips. “We were on the way back when we all really wanted ...
- The Chronicle
- 4/14/2017 5:59:00 PM
Fire breaks out at 'Fish in the Neighborhood' on Georgia Ave. in D.C.
- A fire broke out at Fish in the Neighborhood Friday on Georgia Avenue in Northwest Washington. According to fire officials, a firefighter was taken to an area hospital with a minor injury, and another person was treated for a minor injury at the scene of .
- ABC 7 News
- 4/14/2017 5:30:00 PM
Breaking: Fire at Fish in the Hood Today, No Injuries
- A short time ago it was reported that there was a fire at Fish in the Hood, aka Bill’s Seafood Kitchen, at Otis and Georgia Avenue. According to DC Fire and EMS there were no injuries. I don’t know the extent of the fire at this time. I wish Bill all ...
- 4/14/2017 4:06:00 PM
Managing A Bear Market In Fish
- If you’re not from the area, telling anglers on the Jersey Shore – or across the water on Long Island – that they can’t pursue their passion for fluke is something like telling a bass fisherman in Georgia that he ought to go work on his duck decoys ...
- Palisades Hudson Financial Group LLC
- 4/14/2017 12:56:00 PM
Team Moore/Draper Wins IFA Redfish Tour Event at Beaufort, South Carolina
- NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. – James Moore, of Tybee Island, Georgia, and Bruce Draper, of Ridgeland, South Carolina, weighed a two-fish limit that totaled 8.57 pounds to win the first event for the Atlantic Division of the IFA Redfish Tour presented by Cabela .
- 4/13/2017 7:05:00 AM
New Cobia Regs for N.C. Beginning May 1
- The N.C. Marine Fisheries Commission voted in February to tighten recreational cobia regulations after the federal government closed federal waters (ocean waters beyond 3 miles from shore) north of the Georgia-Florida line to recreational cobia harvest.
- 4/12/2017 6:39:00 AM
Trout streams provide perfect fall fishing opportunities
- The north Georgia mountains make a great fall destination, and what better excuse to plan a trip than to take advantage of the many available trout streams, including five delayed harvest trout streams that open Nov. 1? “You can find great trout fishing ..
- 4/7/2017 10:05:00 PM
Dogfish Head fights to protect its brand
- About a decade ago, Calagione contacted Terrapin Brewing Co. in Athens, Georgia, over its use of the name India Brown Ale, a name he felt conflicted with Dogfish's trademarked Indian Brown Ale. Former Terrapin CEO John Cochran could not be reached for ...
- 4/7/2017 6:13:00 PM
Fishing season underway at HCWA reservoirs
- In addition to having an active Reservoir Use Permit, those using the reservoirs must sign the waiver/release form that accompanies the permit, possess a Georgia Fishing License, as well as adhere to all rules and regulations governing the use of HCWA ...
- Henry County Daily Herald
- 4/7/2017 3:54:00 PM
The Masters 2017: first round – live!
- His working lunch yesterday was andouille gumbo, crayfish etouffe, red rice, corn maque choux, a slice of pecan pie and a Georgia peach ice cream cookie sandwich. The canteen restaurant has a sit-down waiter service, naturally. Anyway, he eventually heaved
- The Guardian
- 4/6/2017 5:20:00 PM
Fish oil alternative for salmonids launched
- Peter Bergstrom, international business manager for ADM Animal Nutrition, speaks to TheFishSite's Sarah Mikesell about DHA Natur in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. "DHA Natur is the most exciting product that I have worked with during my nine years with ADM," said
- The Fish Site
- 4/4/2017 8:02:00 AM
Georgia Fish And Seafood Market
- How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added.
- Clayton News Daily
- 4/1/2017 10:00:00 AM
Benefits and risks of eating fish
- For a healthy individual, the EPA recommends no more than two meals of fish per week. In Middle Georgia, fish advisories exist for the Ocmulgee River. While there are no restrictions on eating catfish, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources recommends
- The Telegraph
- 3/31/2017 8:12:00 PM
Cabela’s Fishing Classic begins during Masters Week
- Hunter caught the biggest (8 pounds) and the last fish of the day. Check out my web site: www.acestriperguide.com. NORTH GEORGIA MOUNTAIN STREAMS Carter and Hunter Morris, licensed professional guides specializing in fly fishing for rainbow, brook and ...
- The Augusta Chronicle
- 3/31/2017 1:36:00 AM
Lake Lanier Fishing Report: Spotted, largemouth bass on prespawn pattern
- Trout Fishing: Pick your favorite way to catch trout and get out to the river or North Georgia Streams. Adams, Caddis or Mayfly patterns are working everywhere, so fly anglers should do quite well. The occasional rain and afternoon hatches should get the .
- Gainesville Times
- 3/30/2017 10:44:00 PM
Higher costs OK’d for hunting, fishing licenses in Georgia
- Legislation marking the first significant increase in hunting and fishing licenses in Georgia is on its way to Gov. Nathan Deal’s desk. The House on Thursday gave final approval to House Bill 208. The bill, sponsored by state Rep. Trey Rhodes, R ...
- Atlanta Journal Constitution
- 3/30/2017 8:54:00 PM
Video: Fly Fishing the Etowah River in Georgia with Thomas & Thomas
- T&T – Georgia from Thomas & Thomas on Vimeo. Thomas & Thomas has rolled out another new video short — this time with smallmouth bass fly fishing action on the Etowah River in Georgia. Keep ’em coming, fellas! To check out more from Thomas & Thomas ...
- 3/30/2017 7:27:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Georgia Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Georgia.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.