Georgia Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Georgia?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Georgia Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Georgia Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Georgia's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Georgia Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Georgia.
Thanks to Lent, Georgia couple at fish fry when home burned
- Marietta residents Norm and Barbara Keller were not at home Friday when a twin-engine plane spiraled into their front yard, setting their home ablaze. They thank God for that. The Kellers were having dinner at St. Joseph Catholic Church, a common practice
- 3/26/2017 7:40:00 PM
Lake Lanier Fishing Report: Sporadic weather fronts have not affected fish
- There are many easy-to-access areas where Georgia anglers can go to enjoy great trout fishing on foot. The tail race below Buford Dam offers both easy public access and some slightly remote areas, too. Anglers can also visit the Buford Dam Trout Hatchery .
- Gainesville Times
- 3/24/2017 3:48:00 AM
Nightmarish swarm of sea lions engulfs fisherman’s boat; video
- But commercial fisherman Allan Marsden of Vancouver will attest that the problem is as bad as ever, as witnessed by video he captured last week in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the mainland: Hundreds of sea lions swarmed around his ...
- 3/22/2017 6:50:00 PM
Tag: Law Enforcement
- Read the full story... A bald eagle prepares for flight. Photo by Richard Keen / RMA. February 29, 2016Daniel Gray, Law Enforcement Ranger with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, holds dead bald eagle in Polk County. Photo by U.S. Fish and ...
- 3/22/2017 12:55:00 PM
Bucket List 2017: Fishing In BC
- Vancouver and surrounding area is ideally located for year-round fishing, giving fishing enthusiasts access to freshwater fishing in the Fraser River, Capilano River, Straight of Georgia and Howe Sound, as well as Horseshoe Bay for excellent saltwater fish
- 3/20/2017 3:02:00 AM
Residential real estate transfers, March 19
- Sanchez, Manuel and Maria R. to Ocampo, Francisco A. and Aguirre, Elena D., 3011 S. 23rd St., $85,000. Rocha, Sheila and Fish, Georgia L. to Estrada, Mark and Salcido, Socorrito, 3320 S. 23rd St., $72,000. Habitat for Humanity of Omaha Inc. to Oliver ...
- 3/19/2017 6:01:00 PM
South Atlantic Council Explores Red Snapper Options
- Members of the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council addressed a number of issues affecting offshore fisheries during their meeting this week in Jekyll Island, Georgia including the continued closure of the red snapper fishery in federal waters off the
- 3/17/2017 8:01:00 AM
Lake Lanier Fishing Report: Cold weather hasn't hurt bass fishing
- Trout Fishing: The Department of Natural Resources is working on stocking more than 100,000 fresh new trout into North Georgia trout waters, so fishing can be very good if you can locate these easy-to-catch, ignorant trout. There are also plenty of ...
- Gainesville Times
- 3/16/2017 7:42:00 PM
Why now is a great time for fishing
- In-depth fishing reports are available here and are updated weekly. Photo credit: Georgia Stewart For great shore fishing during the ice off, Oplinger recommends visiting East Canyon Reservoir, Rockport Reservoir and Steinaker Reservoir. Oplinger said for
- 3/15/2017 5:46:00 PM
Georgia Angler Missing after Boat Sinks
- Sad news to report out of Georgia. What started off as an enjoyable afternoon of fishing quickly turned into a tragedy. While fishing with his friend Prince Lewis and Lewis’ 12-year-old son, Troy Cobb disappeared as their boat began to take on water.
- 3/15/2017 4:57:00 PM
Boy Scouts visit Go Fish
- Here the boys learned about different kinds of fish native to Georgia and the waterways where they live, viewed tanks of live fish and participated in fresh and saltwater fishing simulators. To end the excursion the boys spent the afternoon fishing.
- Baxley News-Banner
- 3/15/2017 1:00:00 PM
Greenville, Lake Hartwell To Host 2018 Bassmaster Classic
- As in previous visits in 2008 and 2015, fishing competition will take place on Lake Hartwell, a 56,000-acre impoundment on the Savannah, Tugaloo and Seneca rivers along the South Carolina/Georgia border. Takeoffs will be from Green Pond Landing and Event .
- 3/15/2017 6:00:00 AM
Georgia fishing prospects for rivers, reservoirs updated for 2017
- If you are searching for current fishing tips for Georgia reservoirs and rivers, look no further than the updated fishing prospects on the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division (WRD) website. These pages give anglers of all .
- Covington News
- 3/14/2017 9:27:00 AM
TALKING TROUT: Fishing is a valuable pastime
- Fourteen dollars for a year translates to less than four cents a day. What a great deal Georgia has for their fishing folks. Some anglers have griped about the cost of a license and think that they should be able to fish for free. It is a free country.
- Fish Wrap
- 3/14/2017 4:45:00 AM
State fishing prospects updated
- If you are searching for current fishing tips for Georgia reservoirs and rivers, look no further than the updated fishing prospects on the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division (WRD) website. You must be an online ...
- True Citizen
- 3/10/2017 6:34:00 PM
BAS scientific research survey of South Georgia fish resources
- Every two years BAS leads a scientific research survey of the fish resources on behalf of the Government of South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands. This time Dr. Mark Belchier from BAS was head of the team of experts that carried out the survey.
- 3/10/2017 7:48:00 AM
Lake Lanier Fishing Report: Bass and crappie ready to spawn
- Trout Fishing: Jeff Durniak gives us some updates the Department of Natural Resources trout stocking efforts. The Georgia Wildlife Resources Division and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will cooperatively stock 40,000 trout in Georgia during the week of
- Gainesville Times
- 3/9/2017 11:23:00 PM
Fishing fatality prompts call for safer vessels
- It was the first day of the commercial seine roe-herring fishery in the Strait of Georgia. Four other crew members survived. Rocchio’s brother, Jim, also a veteran of the commercial fishing industry, said a 19.5-metre-long boat doesn’t sink that fast ...
- Times Colonist
- 3/9/2017 5:47:00 AM
Fly Females: Six Women Who Are Revolutionizing the World of Fly Fishing
- Cassie Spurling began fly fishing at age five in the mountains of North Georgia, which she still calls home today. Under the tutelage of her father, she learned the ins and outs of what would one day become a full-time obsession. “My father is one of the .
- 3/8/2017 8:16:00 PM
Longtime fish fry volunteers revel in camaraderie
- Last year, toward the end, we were up to 800 to 900 pounds of fish,” Maczka says. Georgia Speer, auxiliary treasurer, says those numbers translate to between 1,200 and 1,500 orders of sandwiches and dinners each Friday. Along with the sides provided with .
- PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
- 3/7/2017 9:00:00 PM
Newnan High School Fishing Club out to promote sport
- At least that’s the way members of the Newnan High School Fishing Club see it. The club can thank Newnan and University of West Georgia graduate and professional angler Kenny Johnson for help getting the club off the ground. Johnson has always had a ...
- 3/5/2017 8:33:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Georgia Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Georgia.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.