Maryland Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Maryland?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Maryland Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Maryland Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Maryland's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Maryland Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Maryland.
Tournament teams score sailfish on Fish Heads' first day
- Fawcett is fishing with Martha D owner Ryan Dayton of Wellington and Maryland, angler Dan Hall, and mates Kyle Francis and Matt Coppelletta. Last week, Fawcett led Martha D to a runner-up finish in the Palm Beach Sailfish Classic with 14 sailfish releases
- 11/29/2016 7:58:48 PM
7 dead, 1 missing as waves hit New Zealand fishing boat
- Two men are dead, a third is missing and a fourth is recovering in a Maryland hospital after their fishing boat capsized Saturday evening on the Potomac River, Maryland natural resources officials said Sunday. WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — Seven people ..
- 11/27/2016 1:17:20 AM
Tilapia: Inexpensive ‘trash’ fish may be healthier than you think
- “Tilapia is a lean source of protein, but compared to other fish, it has more omega-6 fatty acids versus omega-3 fatty acids,” said Angela Ginn-Meadow, senior educator at the University of Maryland’s Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology, and a ...
- La Grande Observer
- 11/25/2016 10:45:12 AM
Fishing Forecast: Double check boat before fishing to avoid tragedy
- The captain and crew were returning to port after fishing the Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association rockfish tournament. Prayers go out to the family and friends of Roger Grissom Sr., William Edelen Jr., Gregg Moore and Jay Downing. Moore owned .
- 11/22/2016 11:56:10 PM
Fish Working with PGA Winners in Prep for Final Stage of Q-School
- Bret went to college at the University of Maryland. The “team” around Shannon Fish is clearly defined: her parents (Jim and Yvonne), her caddy and her entire family at Champions Golf Club in Houston, the club she been part of for some 20 years.
- Ladies Professional Golf Association
- 11/21/2016 4:26:23 PM
Outdoors: Fishing can offer solace, comfort
- Contact DNR's Lynn Fegley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-260-8285. Dec. 7: Free State Fly Fishers' "Holiday Dinner." Mike's Crab House on the South River, Riva Road Bridge. Details at facebook.com/FSFFMD. Dec. 13 thru Jan. 28: Final Split of Duck Seaso
- 11/13/2016 6:48:54 AM
Trout Unlimited promotes fishing, kids
- Likewise, TU member Nick Weber served on the Governor's Fracking Advisory Commission that met for almost three years to draft recommendations regarding fracking in Maryland. But TU has another major emphasis, promoting trout fishing with special emphasis .
- Carroll County Times
- 11/13/2016 1:26:46 AM
Lower Fishing Lake Cabin Rentals
- Five Star Hotels In Annapolis Maryland Romancing Lower fishing lake cabin rentals History - A Holiday break on RajasthanRajasthan, the identity mirrors myriad impressions supports an intricate tapestry of color selection, sound and sniff around.
- 11/11/2016 6:54:15 PM
Fishing Forecast: Patient anglers rewarded with quality stripers
- This week I heard of a better grade of rockfish on the western shore, and the first wave of sea-run rock have crossed into Maryland from Virginia. Stripers are busting bait off the New Jersey and striper fishermen are burning them up. A quick, friendly ...
- 11/10/2016 1:44:39 AM
The Fishing Line Nov. 9
- He has tagged multiple thousands of fish, probably over 20,000 by now, with striped bass being a main target. The report concerns the Maryland 2016 Striped Bass Young of the Year, or YOY. The main focus concerns stripers born during this past spring.
- Cape May County Herald
- 11/9/2016 12:30:05 PM
Extreme Weather Events Forcing Fish to Change Location
- US - Researchers from the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science have investigated the impact that severe storms have on fish populations as it forces them to make sudden and unexpected trips away from their preferred habitat, to more ...
- The Fish Site
- 11/9/2016 6:25:00 AM
Natural Resources Police Handle Fishing and Hunting Cases
- The Maryland Natural Resources Police handled illegal fishing and hunting cases in recent days. After several attempts to catch deer poachers in a small wooded tract in Brooklyn Park, officers called on one of the agency’s newest K-9 units to ...
- 11/8/2016 3:20:05 AM
Pinch Kayak Fishing Approach Plucks Biters
- The first fish came not far from the back of the tidal Maryland creek I launched in. The big red “X” waypoint on the chart was next to another I had marked last spring. Continuing toward the larger tidal river, my trolling path passed under a bridge.
- 11/7/2016 4:35:50 PM
Fishing contest winner fails polygraph
- A federal court in Baltimore is being asked to determine the outcome of a fishing contest in Ocean City, Maryland, after organizers said the man who was declared the winner of a $2.8 million first prize twice failed polygraph tests. Billed as “the world ..
- Newburyport Daily News
- 11/7/2016 2:59:47 AM
Fishing Forecast: Plenty of healthy, vibrant rockfish to go around
- As for the coastal migrants, I haven't heard of any large ones caught in Virginia at the mouth of the bay, or off Delaware or Maryland's coast. Coastal rockfish have to be a minimum of 28 inches. But enough with the conjecture, let's get on with it.
- 11/1/2016 11:59:36 PM
4 charged with 14 fishing violations in Ocean City
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources Police reported Monday that an undercover investigation in Ocean City has resulted in multiple charges and court dates for four Virginia fishermen. Acting on tips from the public, officers conducted a plainclothes .
- Delmarva Now
- 10/31/2016 5:34:15 PM
Four Years After Hurricane Sandy
- Completion of a 21,000-foot living shoreline at Glenn L. Martin National Wildlife Refuge in Maryland’s Eastern Shore to protect tidal wetlands that support a crab fishery essential to Smith Islanders – and that help buffer this island community from ...
- 10/27/2016 6:57:44 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Maryland Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Maryland.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.