South Carolina Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in South Carolina?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
South Carolina Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to South Carolina Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of South Carolina's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
South Carolina Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in South Carolina.
DNR to hold courtesy boating inspections
- Also note, the South Carolina General Assembly has designated July 4th as Free Fishing Day. All South Carolina residents may fish free in freshwater on July 4 without a recreational license. All fishing regulations, such as bag and size limits and gear ...
- WCBD News 2
- 7/2/2015 10:39:47 PM
Last funeral for victim of Charleston shooting in Columbia
- He also earned a master's degree in social work from the University of South Carolina in Columbia ... In preparing for the holiday weekend, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is talking about the boating crash and offering boaters advice to stay ...
- 7/2/2015 4:27:33 PM
Swimming with sharks in the Gulf of Mexico
- Michael Hickman and his friends shark fish on High Island Beach all the time ... Eleven off the coast of North and South Carolina. "They're not getting a lot of rain, not a lot of fresh water," said Provaznik. "So, the population of bait has risen ...
- 7/2/2015 7:16:22 AM
Fishing groups ask court to halt ocean seismic testing
- POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - Five fishing groups asked a federal court to stop scientists ... An African-American church in South Carolina that was burned down by the Ku Klux Klan in 1995 caught fire again Tuesday night, though authorities said ...
- 7/1/2015 5:40:20 PM
Yet another shark attack reported in North Carolina
- "Fishing off a beach where there are ... about 65% of North Carolina and 52% of South Carolina were either abnormally dry or in drought conditions. Baby sea turtles and menhaden fish have been more plentiful than usual, providing more attraction for ...
- 19 KYTX
- 7/1/2015 3:35:39 AM
DNR courtesy boating inspections announced for holiday weekend
- ... General Assembly has designated July 4 as Free Fishing Day. All South Carolina residents may fish free in freshwater on July 4 without a recreational license. All fishing regulations, such as bag and size limits and gear restrictions remain in place.
- Berkeley Independent
- 6/30/2015 4:22:46 PM
Editorials from around Ohio
- Luckily, Congress and the Great Lake states recognize the danger if predatory Asian carp get into the Great Lakes system and disrupt its multimillion-dollar sport-fishing and tourism ... Nikki Haley of South Carolina soon followed with the announcement ...
- Trib Today
- 6/29/2015 4:09:38 PM
Oden State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center gets upgrades
- (AP) — The state Department of Natural Resources is encouraging people to visit the upgraded Oden State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center in ... Confederate flags after the church massacre in South Carolina. Bill Miles, owner of American Flag and Banner ...
- Cadillac News
- 6/29/2015 1:17:50 PM
What’s the Actual Chance of You Getting Attacked by a Shark?
- California, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas are where they happen the most ... which can potentially attract a shark. “If people are fishing in the area, generally you want to avoid swimming there,” says Carlson.
- 6/28/2015 6:05:22 PM
Knowing the rules key to catching record fish
- Not only would we be bringing back something for the dinner table, keeping the fish also afforded ... tippet records for fly-fishing and also has categories for junior anglers as well as its own state record program. South Carolina recognizes only all ...
- The Post and Courier
- 6/27/2015 7:32:27 PM
Outdoors column: Wahooligans takes home Jolly Mon King title
- The scene was tense at 5 p.m. when the Shock Wave crew pulled a similar-size king out of their fish bag at the weigh-in ... Charleston entry Reel Passion won its second straight South Carolina Governor's Cup Billfishing Series tournament Saturday ...
- Myrtle Beach Online
- 6/26/2015 9:32:20 AM
Outdoor notes: Go fishing July 4 without a license
- People going fishing to celebrate Independence Day may do so ... Residents only can plan to fish for free statewide in South Carolina during the holiday. South Carolina also had a license-free day May 25. The hours in both states on the Fourth, which ...
- Charlotte Observer
- 6/24/2015 9:59:10 PM
Rescheduled Flora-Bama Fishing Rodeo is a go this weekend
- "I've heard from at least 10 teams from Texas, South Carolina and Georgia. I can't say they're all going to come down and fish with us, but more than a few will," De Paola said. The SKA teams that do make the trip to Orange Beach will be fishing for a ...
- 6/23/2015 5:25:21 AM
Huge undertaking, dredging of Hudson for PCBs, nears its end
- EPA officials say it's too early to tell how quickly PCB levels in the water and fish will drop in the coming decades ... Methodist Episcopal that last week's shooting in Charleston, South Carolina, was steeped in racism and hate. Gov.
- New Jersey Herald
- 6/22/2015 2:13:16 AM
Trans fat ban: Doughnuts taste the same, but cost may go up
- The pond at Girard Park was stocked yesterday with 200 pounds of adult channel catfish yesterday as part of the Get Out and Fish community fishing program ... together to pray after the massacre in South Carolina. Churches in Lafayette are coming together
- KATC 3
- 6/19/2015 11:09:31 PM
State-line flounder are filling plenty of coolers
- Flounder fishermen are putting on a show in the marshes and waterways on both sides of the North Carolina-South Carolina border, with peanut-sized menhaden the bait that’s been putting fish in the cooler. Capt. Kyle Hughes of Speckulator Inshore Fishing ..
- 6/17/2015 11:33:22 PM
After attacks, town considers shark fishing ban
- South Carolina, are among popular destinations that have outlawed shark fishing from piers to try and better protect swimmers. Towns in Florida have also considered bans. In North Carolina, it's legal to attract sharks by placing fish parts - also called .
- Philadelphia Daily News
- 6/17/2015 4:38:11 PM
Oak Island considers shark fishing ban, at least for July 4th weekend
- Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, are among popular destinations that have outlawed shark fishing from piers to protect ... "I felt it hit me on the left leg, like a big fish kind of hit you or something, then I felt it one ...
- 6/16/2015 11:56:02 PM
2015-16 hunting, fishing licensees go on sale Tuesday
- The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources sales for 2015-2016 hunting and fishing licenses, permits and tags will ... 16 and older must purchase the required licenses to hunt and fish in the state. People born after June 30, 1979, must complete ..
- FOX Carolina
- 6/16/2015 6:52:24 AM
Bluegill Fishing on the Fly
- While that was practically all the law allowed, the real kicker is that these fish weighed close to a pound apiece. I was fishing a tournament on Lake ... you’ll have to beat out the South Carolina giant that weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces.
- FLORIDA SPORTSMAN
- 6/15/2015 1:27:17 PM
How to mop up on bedding bream
- Tim Madewell Fishing beds is an extremely productive ... to maximize his efforts is Brad Taylor, a guide on South Carolina’s Lake Murray who has several tips for consistently catching bedding fish. “There are tried-and-true techniques for finding ...
- Louisiana Sportsman
- 6/10/2015 11:55:59 PM
South Carolina Guides/Outfitters
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
South Carolina Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in South Carolina.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.