Virginia Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Virginia?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Virginia Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Virginia Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Virginia's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
Virginia Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Virginia.
- I’ve done lots of fishing posts, mostly about this unlikely estuary, where I’ve never fished. Here’s Virginia Sue heading past Sakizaya Champion and out the Narrows. By the way, I’m planning a post on that fort in the distance some day soon.
- 2/19/2017 6:56:00 PM
Virginia man arrested in alleged catfishing scheme in Connellsville
- A Virginia man was arrested after a woman he met on an online dating site became suspicious and unraveled the strange narrative he wove her. The man allegedly told her his name was Charlie Gaines and he was from Tennessee. Police said his real name is ...
- Herald Standard
- 2/18/2017 5:44:00 AM
bev-RAGE: Fish House Packs a Punch
- Not so much a punch as a haymaker, the earliest recorded mention of Philadelphia Fish House Punch was in 1744 when a Virginia diplomat visiting Philly described being served “a Bowl of fine Lemon Punch big enough to have Swimmed half a dozen of young ...
- 2/15/2017 9:34:00 PM
Fly Fishing Stinks: A List
- And all the residual microscopic nasties lacing my waders and boots had been broiling away in my sealed-up car throughout an unseasonably warm Virginia day. Now my car was quite literally privy to the odor of someone’s privy. Fly fishing, like any ...
- 2/8/2017 2:04:00 PM
PA Agency Announces Changing Of Guard In Leadership
- and as a biologist with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. Hough began his career with the Game Commission in 1981, as a Wildlife Conservation Officer trainee in the 18th Class of the Ross Leffler School of Conservation. Upon graduation
- 2/2/2017 8:28:00 AM
Jersey Shore Fishing: NJ groups standing firm against ASMFC Fluke options
- Commissioner Martin will be testifying at 8 tomorrow morning before the ASMFC meeting in Virginia -- and seems prepared to go out of compliance if necessary. I'll have more about this tomorrow. Blackfish anglers may be able to get out on party boats ...
- New Jersey Online
- 2/1/2017 5:39:00 PM
Bill Cochran: Anglers battle to restore saltwater fishing tournament
- Since 1958, nearly 250,000 citations-size fish have been recognized by the Virginia Saltwater Fishing Tournament. That’s a lot of happy fishermen, and a big boost to the state’s tourism business. There’s more. The state-funded and managed tournament ...
- The Roanoke Times
- 1/31/2017 10:05:00 PM
Jersey Shore Fishing:R.I.P Capt. John M. Connell
- The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) is holding their winter meeting at the Westin Alexandria in Virginia this week. The Tautog and American Eel boards were meeting today, while the Shad & River Herring Board is on at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow
- New Jersey Online
- 1/31/2017 5:58:00 PM
Fish Creek Road in Marshall County Open After Weekend Work
- Fish Creek Road in Marshall County has reopened to traffic after being shut down through the weekend as the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection continues its investigation into a coal slurry leak. Around noon Friday, coal slurry from the .
- The Intelligencer
- 1/24/2017 5:26:00 AM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Virginia Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Virginia.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.