Arizona Fishing Regulations
Are you familiar with the fishing regulation in Arizona?
It is never a bad idea to check it again before your next outing.
Arizona Fishing License
Purchasing a fishing license you are helping to preserve the environment and also ensure that future generations can enjoy fishing as you are.
Among other things, your fishing license fees support fisheries and hatcheries management, education programs about fishing and conservation, protection of endangered species.
Here it is where you can get your fishing license.
Links to Arizona Government Agencies
Here are a few websites of Arizona's agencies involved in regulation and conservation.
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Arizona Game and Fish Department
- Arizona State Land Department - Natural Resources Division
Arizona Fishing News
Check out what is the latest fishing buzz in Arizona.
A Conversation with Waste Management CEO Jim Fish
- Fish earned a Bachelor of Science in accounting from Arizona State University and an MBA in finance from the University of Chicago. He is also a Certified Public Accountant. Fish also had stints with KPMG and American West in Phoenix, with TWA in St. Louis
- 1/19/2017 2:15:00 PM
Agressive Buck Killed by Arizona Game and Fish
- The Arizona Game and Fish officials were forced to kill a buck at the Continental Country Club yesterday because of many reports of aggressive behavior. The department warned that feeding wild life attacks more wild animals into town, having dangerous effe
- 1/19/2017 4:20:00 AM
Save time, Buy your Arizona Hunting and Fishing Licenses Online
- Arizona –-(Ammoland.com)-With the start of the new year and the opening of the online elk/pronghorn draw, this is the time when many people buy their hunting, fishing or hunt/fish combo licenses. If you typically buy your license with a paper form, we ...
- Ammo Land
- 1/18/2017 1:08:00 PM
New bag limits on Arizona trout fishing
- WILLIAMS, Ariz. — The Arizona Game and Fish Department announced new fishing regulations that took effect Jan. 1, including a reduction in trout bag limits statewide. According to Havasu angler John Galbraith, limits on trout fishing along the Colorado ...
- Williams News
- 1/17/2017 10:29:00 PM
Family Fishing Day at Copper Sky (VIDEO)
- The 13th annual Maricopa Family Fishing Day was Jan. 14 and was a partnership event between the City of Maricopa and the Arizona Game & Fish Department. The department held a free fishing clinic during the event. Instructors were on-hand to teach families
- In Maricopa
- 1/16/2017 10:54:00 PM
UM Associate Law Professor Named Head of Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks
- Williams was reached in Tucson, Arizona this week, before heading to Helena to assume her new duties. She outlined the experience that Governor Bullock used to determine his choice as the new head of FWP. “I started my legal career at Fish, Wildlife and ..
- News Talk KGVO
- 1/14/2017 7:44:00 PM
Chalk Talk: Betrand's clear-water tactics
- Check back each Friday for a new tip.) Growing up in Arizona, Josh Bertrand had no choice but to learn to catch fish in gin-clear water. On one of the closest fisheries, Lake Pleasant, there was often 20 to 30 feet of visibility. Since becoming a pro ...
- 1/13/2017 7:27:00 PM
Fishing news summed up in three words
- “We have trout!” exclaimed Braun, proprietor of Riviera Marina in Bullhead City and provider of area fishing news for the Mohave Valley Daily News, the Arizona Game and Fish Department and the Nevada Department of Wildlife. “The Willow Beach hatchery ...
- Mohave Daily News
- 1/13/2017 8:19:00 AM
Rainbow Trout Stocking Restarts in Colorado River
- The hatchery once again serves the angling public." The first batches of rainbow trout to be stocked these early months of 2017 were secured by a partnership with the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD). The hatchery has also started raising rainbow .
- 1/13/2017 6:35:00 AM
An Ultimate Guide To Top Trout Fishing Spots
- It is famous for huge fishing of trout which continues to extend to Colorado and a beautiful tailwater beneath Glen Canyon Dam in the north of Arizona. The month of June would probably the best trout fishing time here. If you are talking about the best ...
- 1/12/2017 7:01:00 PM
Brief: Arizona Game & Fish Commission to meet Friday
- The Arizona Game and Fish Commission will consider proposed amendments to rules on boating and water sports when it meets Friday in Phoenix. The Commission will meet at 8 a.m. Friday at AZGFD headquarters at 5000 W. Carefree Highway. The public can attend
- Havasu News
- 1/12/2017 3:46:00 AM
Fishing Report for Jan. 11
- Wild trout must be released unharmed. ARIZONA POND: The pond has been lowered to help control aquatic vegetation. This pond is managed by Oregon State Parks for youth-only fishing. It is located at Arizona Beach State Recreation Site, approximately half ..
- NR today
- 1/11/2017 7:24:00 PM
Trout return to Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery
- And in those same raceways were about 60,000 small rainbow trout, compliments of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. Those trout arrived in late summer after the new system passed muster, but the fish were too small to release right away. That meant ...
- Las Vegas Review-Journal
- 1/11/2017 6:56:00 PM
Game & Fish needs help finding person who killed ram
- BULLHEAD CITY – The Arizona Game & Fish Department is seeking help in identifying the person(s) responsible for the death of a bighorn sheep ram. According to the department, an old ram was found dead in an area known as The Narrows behind Laughlin Ranch .
- 1/10/2017 1:28:00 PM
Fishing Report, Jan. 5: Fishing pressure turns to winter steelhead
- Anglers fishing Garrison Lake near the Arizona Street bridge on the east side of the lake caught a few rainbow trout last weekend. The fish were taken by fishing nightcrawlers off the lake bottom. Local river and streams: Fishing for winter steelhead on ..
- The World
- 1/3/2017 9:37:00 PM
Game And Fish Proposes New Boating Rules, Checkpoints
- An Arizona agency is considering new boating rules to improve safety on the state’s lakes and rivers. The Arizona Game and Fish Department has proposed a ban on boaters towing water skiers from swim platforms and a requirement that wake surfers wear life .
- Fronteras The Changing America Desk
- 1/2/2017 11:38:00 PM
Few fish being unwrapped
- That’s the word from Rusty Braun, proprietor of Riviera Marina in Bullhead City and provider of the area fishing report for the Mohave Valley Daily News, the Arizona Game and Fish Department and the Nevada Department of Wildlife. “The fishing lately ...
- Mohave Daily News
- 12/30/2016 12:59:40 AM
Company to make fish feed from raw processing waste
- “Leo has been one of the innovators in aquaculture in the U.S. for many years,” said Kevin Fitzsimmons, a University of Arizona environmental sciences professor specializing in aquaculture. Fish meal and fish oil — essential components of fish feed ...
- Capital Press
- 12/29/2016 10:36:30 PM
New fishing regulations to take effect Jan. 1
- PHOENIX — Some new fishing regulations will take effect beginning Jan 1. Be sure to look for the full 2017-18 Arizona Game and Fish Department fishing regulations online around the first of the year. Also, the new fishing regulations booklet will ...
- Eastern Arizona Courier
- 12/29/2016 6:58:46 AM
Starting Sunday you need 2017 fishing license
- For example, neighboring Oregon offers a resident fishing license for only $35, Nevada charges $29, Washington $29.50, Arizona $37 and even Alaska is cheaper at $29. In addition, just about all these states give a break to senior citizens who are age 70 ..
- Lake County Record Bee
- 12/27/2016 10:17:24 PM
Want to learn a new fishing technique or need some help for you next outing? Check out one of the guide/outfitter services listed below.
Couldn't find your guide / outfitter service here?
Post a Guide/Outfitter Referral and we will update this list.
Arizona Fishing Clubs
Want to join an interest group near you?
Look up the following list of fishing clubs in Arizona.
Couldn't find your fishing club here?
Post a Club Referral and we will update this list.